Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 11, 2015 12:07 AM
May 2015
Does anybody agree with me that the manga share the same universe but the things happening in the two separate series are not happening simultaneously. I think that Boku no Hero Academia is in the far future since a hero of Saitama's caliber would be noticed by the kids in the school. Also, I think All Might is also a descendant of Saitama since they both have insane strength and reflexes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 11, 2015 12:25 AM

Jun 2014
One Punch Man takes itself seriously, it ain't a kiddy shounen.
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 11, 2015 12:36 AM
May 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:

One Punch man is in a shonen magazine, you can say the same thing about magi as well.
May 11, 2015 12:42 AM

Jun 2014
Derpypanda22 said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

One Punch man is in a shonen magazine, you can say the same thing about magi as well.

Its listed as a Seinen as well as other titles in the magazine
May 11, 2015 12:59 AM

Aug 2013
Heh. That would be pretty interesting indeed. And is probably very likely to happen. After all, both series are set in bizarre fantastical world where the very definitions of normal doesn't exist and stuff blowing up so very often. And it would definitely be awesome to see the crossover between the two.
May 11, 2016 7:47 PM
May 2016
What if somehow Satiama is the original holder of the One For All power that All Might has. it would make perfect, yet ironic, sense once you think about it.
May 11, 2016 9:04 PM

Mar 2015
that's not possible... one and kouhei never hinted knowing each other... the world building also totaly different... the only same thing is hero things, the rest is bullshit illogical theories...
Derpypanda22 said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

one punch man is published by tonari no young jump... web magazene version of young jump (TG, gantz, elfen lied,terraformars, kingdom) which is seinen... not every jump is shounen...
KumaMay 11, 2016 9:09 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 12, 2016 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
My Hero Academia and One Punch Man are basically the same person.
May 12, 2016 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
Derpypanda22 said:
Does anybody agree with me that the manga share the same universe but the things happening in the two separate series are not happening simultaneously. I think that Boku no Hero Academia is in the far future since a hero of Saitama's caliber would be noticed by the kids in the school. Also, I think All Might is also a descendant of Saitama since they both have insane strength and reflexes.
No I really don't think they are in the same universe. First off OPM and BnHA are written by different people. Secondly OPM has monsters and mysterious beings which haven't been seen in BnHA. They have animals with abilities like the School President but not monsters like in OnePunch-Man. Thirdly these are different looks at types hero societies. Fouth OPM is more of a Seinen parody manga where Boku no Hero is a straight up Shounen manga.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 15, 2016 9:34 AM
May 2016
I belive that Saitama got the one for all quirk after all his training, like Izuku. This would explain why Saitama only had to go through the training he did to be able to do the things he can do
May 15, 2016 9:38 AM

Feb 2013
Both are hero based anime.
OPM is funny,with wacky fights, but no character development whatsoever.
Boko no Hero Academia is the serious one when it comes to the life of a hero, with his struggles, dreams.
May 15, 2016 9:39 AM

Nov 2011
One(punch) for All is Saitama's power that he passed down obviously.

May 15, 2016 9:42 AM

Mar 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
but saitama is bald... how he pass his power?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 15, 2016 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
Kuma said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Hair doesn't just grow on the head.

May 15, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Kuma said:

what hair that easy to ea... wait... what?
May 15, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
Kuma said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Maybe he never meant to pass it down, someone just happens to swallow it, you know.

May 15, 2016 9:51 AM

Mar 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Kuma said:

Maybe he never meant to pass it down, someone just happens to swallow it, you know.
but look like genos still not pass it yet...
May 15, 2016 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Kuma said:
KaiserNazrin said:

but look like genos still not pass it yet...

I won't be so sure about that, he got more hair than Saitama.

May 17, 2016 2:02 AM
Nov 2015
No it isnt... Saitama broke his "limiter" as a human by vigorously training for 3 years, which led him to obtain incredible strength. He doesn't possess One For All unlike All Might and Midoriya. Also in My hero academia, the majority of the world has "Quirks" and in One Punch Man it isn't. In OPM, the Hero association was established after Saitama saved the CEO's son, and in MHA, regulation of quirks started when quirks began to appear around the world at a fast rate. Although it would be cool since both are published under the JUMP brand (OPM is young jump, while MHA is weekly shonen jump), it still doesn't make sense due to the vast differences between the two franchises. Even if MHA was set in the future, what happened to Cities A - Z? Why did the classification of heroes change from being ranked by class to rankings? What happened to the hero association? Why did they begin to call powers as "quirks"? Plus One for All and All for one has been there since the dawn of quirks, so where are the heroes in OPM that posses those respective quirks? Still, i think it would be cool to see a saitama reference in MHA.
May 17, 2016 3:01 AM

Jul 2014
Just because they share more than a few similarities as far as setting goes, doesn't mean they have to take place in the same universe...
May 30, 2016 2:24 PM
Dec 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Kuma said:

Well, All Might's predecessor was
Jun 1, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2016
No. Just because they both have HERO-theme it does not mean they are in the same universe.

Common sense please.
Jun 19, 2016 4:03 AM
Jun 2016
it would be interesting but how the story is setup it is highly unlikely also there was no indication to one punch man ever existing. A person with great power such as Saitama would have been recognised easily and would be recorded in History if it was in the past and there is no way it would be in the future considering how can everyone's quirk just disappear like that. But who knows its only my opinion i may be wrong.
Jun 19, 2016 3:39 PM

Oct 2013
No, not possible at all. That's like saying JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is in the same universe as Hokuto no Ken because they have muscled men as main protagonists
Jun 20, 2016 6:48 AM

Apr 2011
FireEmblemIke24 said:

OPM takes itself seriously? Are you kidding me? It's a freaking parody. But by all means do continue to be an elitist jerk.

As to answer op, no, of course not. The mangaka's are completely different, both serialized in another magazine. If anything Mob Psycho 100 and OPM could be, because they're both made by ONE. Can also be speculated about Accel World and SAO because they're by the same author. Hero Academia and OPM have nothing as such in common that could make them take place in the same universe. Even the world building is completely different. As such it's a silly question.
“Do you think that I count the days? There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk.” ~ Jean-Paul Sartre
Jun 20, 2016 6:52 AM
May 2016
I like how this turn out to be a lewd conversation.
Jun 26, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2014
That would have been cool if they have a cross over ova of these two anime
(`〇Д〇) oh it could have been so f//cking cool as OP!!
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Sep 2, 2016 7:26 AM
Oct 2013
What if Saitama started it? With the power of his quirk?
Sep 9, 2016 5:26 AM

Mar 2015
Dianga-12 said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

OPM takes itself seriously? Are you kidding me? It's a freaking parody. But by all means do continue to be an elitist jerk.
Nezperdian said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Such delicious bait, yummi!
some people hasn't enlightment enough to reach civil war arc...
Oct 1, 2016 4:59 PM

Apr 2011
Kuma said:
Dianga-12 said:

Nezperdian said:

Such delicious bait, yummi!
some people hasn't enlightment enough to reach civil war arc...

Some people can't make out what 'taking itself seriously' means when calling another manga a 'kiddy shounen'.

Now, I'm not going to lie and say I've read much of the webcomic/manga, because I haven't. At all.
But if it's 'more serious' in the sense that there are supposedly real consequences, situations/battles are more dire and intense, and the overall tone is 'more serious', then it takes itself seriously in the storytelling/shounen sense, not in the overall/world building sense.
Neither does it take away from it being a parody. It's like Gintama: the series has serious and emotional arcs, but that doesn't dispel the fact that it's a parody. The fact that OPM has more serious battles, doesn't change the fact that it's based on a parody setting.

BnHA actually builds around its 'kiddy' setting, and makes it more realistic for the cliche-ness of it, especially in regards to law, not dismissing police/other taskworkers because omg heroes!, how the protagonists are not praised for acting out in dire settings (though there're no real repercussions, which is pretty kiddy shounen), and on how media influences the overall setting.
In that sense BnHA takes itself far more seriously than OPM, which is based around a concept where heroes can overall do whatever the fuck they want, without there being any clear rules (and most more realistic things are used for humor purposes).

BUT I haven't really read the webcomic/manga, so if those things changed, I'll stand corrected. Not going to change my stance on the trollish unrelated 'ain't a kiddy shounen' comment tho.
“Do you think that I count the days? There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk.” ~ Jean-Paul Sartre
Oct 2, 2016 12:59 AM

Mar 2015
you know what make OPM more serious than BNHA? it's called perspectif.. something that rarely taken by any series... and looks like you can't see perspective in OPM series... of course you can't see OPM with it's true light..

and sometimes, comedic series use this for comical purpose, which if you taken it seriously, it's much deeper than anything else... because it's directly most important and basic ways to understand anyone antics... something that not even BNHA have... but even more rondom adn simple comedy series than OPM like saiki kusou, overroling all human mindset has... comedy is not excuse to said a series have no substance whatsoover or just because have 0 serious moments... if you think seriously mean a series must have more serious and deep moment, sorry, i can't take that...

Dianga-12 said:
Now, I'm not going to lie and say I've read much of the webcomic/manga, because I haven't. At all.
But if it's 'more serious' in the sense that there are supposedly real consequences, situations/battles are more dire and intense, and the overall tone is 'more serious', then it takes itself seriously in the storytelling/shounen sense, not in the overall/world building sense.
Neither does it take away from it being a parody. It's like Gintama: the series has serious and emotional arcs, but that doesn't dispel the fact that it's a parody. The fact that OPM has more serious battles, doesn't change the fact that it's based on a parody setting.

OPM IS NOT PARODY SERIES... i don't understand how both hater and most avid fans said this... no it's not, just taking some her tropes and that's all... it's fair shere like any series... also OPM does have real consequence, even being too strong... consequence not always put mc on dangerous situation because what he does... but it seem can't see that...
Dianga-12 said:
BnHA actually builds around its 'kiddy' setting, and makes it more realistic for the cliche-ness of it, especially in regards to law, not dismissing police/other taskworkers because omg heroes!, how the protagonists are not praised for acting out in dire settings (though there're no real repercussions, which is pretty kiddy shounen), and on how media influences the overall setting.
In that sense BnHA takes itself far more seriously than OPM, which is based around a concept where heroes can overall do whatever the fuck they want, without there being any clear rules (and most more realistic things are used for humor purposes).

except infact OPM does have this...
> dismissing police/other taskworker
no, it's not... infact, police and hero acociation is confronting behind the surface... and hero accociation is potrayed as villian soo far... it's not explored more yet, and this part not adapted to anime...
> protagonists are not praised for acting out in dire settings
again, it's called perspective... if you always using your eyes on mc eyes but using your own perspective, you will never understand what make him never prised... and what saitama consequence get..
> how media influences the overall setting
what mean media in here? you mean media press? if yes, you have to take hint, it's never showed directly, but it does.. however, saitama is not directed to this... usually hero acosiation or another hero..
> a concept where heroes can overall do whatever the fuck they want
not really, it's just hero acosiation is not under goverment or any formal rule... it's independence acociation. so it does has more freedom.. it bite them self in later part thou...

edit: wiat, for note if anyone suspect me i am a BNHA haters and OPM fans, i rate both of them 8... i am actually fans of black clover btw, which for whatever reason got atacked many times from BNHA fans... ughh, 4chan discussion about this series always battle between BnHA fans vs BC fans... so, no, i am not BnHA haters, in fact i like it even not being fans of it...
KumaOct 2, 2016 1:28 AM
Oct 16, 2016 12:09 PM

Feb 2013
No it is not the same universe. Just that simple.

But it is a creative way to think about it.

But they are clearly not the same.
Oct 16, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:

If you're taking OPM seriously, you're doing it wrong
Oct 16, 2016 2:57 PM
Sep 2016
What if One Punch Man is dated centuries before Boku no Hero?
- Saitama would be the first One For All hero
- Between the OPM and BnHA eras, the monsters were beaten to extinction

It would not make sense as canon, but I can see it happening in OVAs. Genos facing some monsters, Saitama buying something with 85% discount in a market nearby. Monsters destroy the marker just before Saitama pays the things he was going to buy. Saitama gets 200% triggered and trows one super punch that sends him, Genos and the monsters to the future (or other dimension).
Oct 16, 2016 3:00 PM

Feb 2016
Probably not, but I would like to see a crossover episode some day

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 16, 2016 3:05 PM

Jun 2014
Peco said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

You're feeding the troll mate. Why is there lengthy discussions about this? I'm not even sure if Mob Psycho is set in the same verse as OPM so last year's me baited them.
Oct 16, 2016 3:07 PM

Jun 2016
That's a pretty cool headcanon.

behind these hills
i'm reaching for the heights

Oct 16, 2016 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Peco said:

You're feeding the troll mate. Why is there lengthy discussions about this? I'm not even sure if Mob Psycho is set in the same verse as OPM so last year's me baited them.

Ohhh, this thread is a year old, when all the troll posts were around, oops.
Didn't notice, awesome signature btw
Oct 20, 2016 11:03 PM

Mar 2015
Peco said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

oh.. you will have bad time mate... i am taking it seriously funny...
Oct 21, 2016 7:07 AM

Jul 2015
Kuma said:
Peco said:

What are you even trying to say??
Oct 22, 2016 2:04 AM

Mar 2015
Peco said:
Kuma said:

What are you even trying to say??
OPM dies have serious side, which you must soon consider it..
Nov 11, 2016 1:15 AM
Sep 2016
You know how almost everyone (NOT ALL) in the hero association is lazy as fuck? I mean, some aren't lazy, but their motives aren't exacltly very "hero-like". What if after Saitama died, or something like that, the heroes realized how weak they are? How weak humanity is? So they finally realize that they actually want to protect the world. They started taking heroism seriously and dissolved the association. Thus, the pro-heroes were born. They are not only strong, but they also have heroic intentions. I think Saitama would be a few generations after All-for-one. The reason why not many people have powers is because All-for-one has them. It could be the time slightly after people were afraid of quirks.
Nov 18, 2016 3:34 AM

Mar 2015
ozzievanfluff said:
You know how almost everyone (NOT ALL) in the hero association is lazy as fuck? I mean, some aren't lazy, but their motives aren't exacltly very "hero-like". What if after Saitama died, or something like that, the heroes realized how weak they are? How weak humanity is? So they finally realize that they actually want to protect the world. They started taking heroism seriously and dissolved the association. Thus, the pro-heroes were born. They are not only strong, but they also have heroic intentions. I think Saitama would be a few generations after All-for-one. The reason why not many people have powers is because All-for-one has them. It could be the time slightly after people were afraid of quirks.

well, FYI, this is what currently OPM (webtoon) arc has... it's not even waiting for saitama to dies...
Nov 26, 2016 7:56 PM
Nov 2016
in ep 8 all mighty says there are only a few people that know what all for one is. the nurse the kid the principal and a bald guy that is shadowed out that looks alot like one punch man lol
May 25, 2017 9:59 AM
May 2017
i agree im ganna do a video of this theory on my channel
May 26, 2017 12:44 AM

Jan 2009
lol different manga authors dude
Jun 21, 2017 2:59 AM

Jan 2014
it would be interesting if it's true.

here's my theory.
Saitama marry Tatsumaki and got two child with Quirk, One for All and All for One. then later, those quirk passed down until it reach All Might and the other villain.
so Saitama didn't passed down his power (because he's bald), but if he marry Tatsumaki, combined with Tatsumaki Esper power, it might be possible that their childrens born with new quirk.
basically, OPM is more like a prequel.
Jul 8, 2017 7:57 PM
Apr 2017
I was thinking the exact same thing!!! The origin of one for all must be Saitama and Boku no Hero Acadamia set in the future after the quirk has been passed down a few generations.
Jul 31, 2017 10:54 AM
Jul 2017
I haven't gone deep into the lore of these two shows, but i thought that it was blunt that the mysterious number one hero from one punch man is named Jet, while an older, equally mysterious, powerful person shows up in one punch man with a quirk dubbed Jet. This is not to say that they live in the same cinematic universe, as much as the author of BnHA was making a reference or a *hand shake* to the author of OPM, or I could be making a huge assumption. :)
LapiztikJul 31, 2017 10:57 AM
Sep 9, 2017 10:44 AM
Sep 2017
No no no. You got it all wrong. OK, remember, the first carrier of one for all was very weak. The strength builds up over time after each generation. You guys have the right idea but in reverse. You see, Saitama time is the future of the "quirk" world. The vigorous exercise Saitama went through was most likely to get his body ready for the quirk. Most likely the creators left out whoever was to give Saitama the quirk. At that point when Saitama received the quirk, it had built up so much strength that it allows the carrier to literally one punch everything. Perhaps in the future things changed and the way the world worked changed. We don't know how or why, but it is what it is. So, in conclusion, the world of One Punch Man is the future of the world of My Hero Academia.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

2 by TengenFr »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.