Available on Manga Store
New
What do you think of the series?
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Jul 13, 2015 1:52 AM

Nov 2014
VersoSciolto said:
MaxXZoe said:
volume 1 chapter 1 has been translated, and i say even though the changes are noticeable its still not yuri...

It isn't just the changes, though, the translation you probably refer to shows that the first chapter of the novel contains a sentence translated like this:

There are a small number of publications in English, partially or completely, accessible online which may be of interest to interpreters of the Hibike! Euphonium novels.

noticed that as well, i have read the other LN that the translator already translated and it's very different from the usual LN, he/she is really putting it all in translating...and i'm cheering for him/her for doing such a good job i just hope it continues until volume 4

this conversation though was omitted and it shows kumiko being tsundere towards shu (Novel only because it was ommited)

[spoiler] "You never told me you were going to Kitauji."

"It's none of your concern anyway."

"Normally, you'd have told me? We would be in the same high school after all."

"Hmph? Normally huh."

Kumiko curled the corner of her mouth upward meaningfully and with that, she turned on her heel. Once she reached Ajirogi road, which extended from Byōdō-in street and was laid to run alongside Uji river, she would be able to arrive at the path that would lead to the condominium where she lived.

"Hey wait up."

Shuuichi appeared flustered and increased his walking speed to walk alongside Kumiko. Since he lived in the same complex as Kumiko.

"What're you mad about?"

"What am I mad about? Are you saying that for real?"

Kumiko answered without even a single glance at Shuuichi. Yeah, he folded his arm as he acknowledged with a troubled look.

"I don't really have any clue."

"Really, I see. Goodbye."

Just as Kumiko was about to walk away from him, Shuuichi grabbed her arm hastily.

"Wait wait wait! Don't just ignore me."

"Then please apologize for your past wrong."

"Wow, what's wrong, what's with the cold shoulder?"

"I'm not being cold."

"Liar."

Shuuichi sighed out, dumbfounded. Clad in a black stand-up collared uniform, he had grown much taller since junior high. Though he used to be smaller in size than Kumiko. Pissed by the fact that she could not see his face if she did not look up, Kumiko gave a hard slap to his back. Ouch! Shuuichi seemed to groan on purpose.

"Don't talk to me ugly woman! You said that to me in our third year in junior, didn't you?"

"Oh, that...... it was just, you know, that."

Shuuichi clearly lost his composure on hearing Kumiko's words. Maybe it was because he remembered what he did then. Huh?, Kumiko hit his back again.

"What do you mean by 'that'?"

"That's because you were asking me whether I was going over to your place for dinner, right in front of the other guys. We were at the height of our pubescent years and I was trying to hide my embarrassment, you know."

"What kind of excuse is that? Was it a bad thing for others to know that you were having dinner at my place?"

"No, it's not that it was a bad thing or anything like that...... I was just feeling embarrassed."

"All right I see now I got it that's fine please don't come close to me."

"You don't need to tell me that in one breath! What's with you? It happened like a year ago, it's high time you forgive me. Mom's also sad and has been asking why you haven't been coming to our place."

"I'll think about it once you apologize."

"Ok ok I'll do it. Sorry sorry."

"Wow, you're really cheesing me off."

Without bothering to hide her anger, Kumiko's brows knitted together. Shuuichi put his hands together and kept repeating 'sorry' over and over again. Finding the sight of a big man like him bowing over and saying 'sorry' repeatedly comical, Kumiko sighed out loudly in resignation.

"Forget it, this is becoming a pain anyway."

"Oh! You're forgiving me?"

"I never did say that though."

"Oh, I see. Please forgive me."

Taking a glance at Shuuichi, who had adopted a laudable attitude, Kumiko snorted. She switched her bag that was filled with textbooks over to her left shoulder. Easing off her brisk pace, she shrugged softly.

"...... which club are you planning to join in high school?"

Relieved at the change in subject perhaps, Shuuichi's face relaxed visibly. His sneakers, which were probably bought by his mother given his bad taste, made pleasing sounds as they kicked off the pavement.

"I was just fretting about that."

"At any rate, you'll just join the band again right?"

"Don't make it sound like I'm no good for anything else! How about you?"

"Me? Well...... probably the band I guess."

"The band again? Look who's talking."

"I didn't really want to join the band originally."

Kumiko pouted.

"Then why're you joining?"

Shuuichi peered into her face. Kumiko averted her eyes somehow and tried to fudge off with a vague smile and reply. But her childhood friend saw through all of that.

"Don't tell me it happened again? Getting caught up in the flow of others around you?"

"...... well, you can say that I guess."

"Don't you think it's high time you fix that personality of yours? Things can get messy if you can't voice out your own opinion."

"I know that already."

Kumiko puckered her lips at the lecture she received. Things were becoming not so amusing.

"But well, if you're joining, then I'll join the band too. What instrument should I play, hmm."

Shuuichi said without hesitation and stretched himself. His pale wrists extended slightly from his sleeves. He's like a cat, thought Kumiko somehow.

"Is it okay to just decide on your club like that?"

"Yeah. I'm not athletic so my choices are pretty limited anyway."

"............ oh right."

Kumiko muttered, trying to feign apathy as best as she could. Bathed in the rays of the setting sun, the dark brown loafers she just bought shone dully. The young man before her smiled as if embarrassed, and made a flimsy attempt in changing the topic. By the way you know, there's a really beautiful girl in my class. Upon hearing those words, Kumiko unwittingly gave him a good and hard kick from behind.
MaxXZoeJul 13, 2015 9:01 AM
Jul 13, 2015 2:40 AM
Jul 2015
King_Kiashi said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
^

And, I'd also like to point out that some of these "yurifags" as you so politely call us are actual lesbians or bisexual/pansexual women in real life, so it's only natural we'd like to ship women together. And considering the severe lack of actual lesbian representation in media, it's also no wonder that we'd ship female characters together even without them having romantic plots with other women.

The thing is, we hardly get any gay characters in media. Instead we are vilified and erased and shoved under a rug to be forgotten; the only things we're allowed to have is subtext and bait to work with — we literally live off scraps and bones and have to rely on fanwork a lot of the time to get any actual gay romance. So we can't... actually get canonical lesbian characters or romantic plots very often at all because we're an oppressed minority that is viewed in an unfavorable light by the global majority. There's literally thousands upon thousands of heterosexual romance stories to be found, and they're everywhere, constantly all around us, but you have to do some digging to find genuine yuri. In comparison, there's not much out there to be had.

As for why having these things is important to us, well, for a lot of us, it's a type of romance we can actually connect to and it helps us feel more at home in the world when we're recognized as something that actually exists and shouldn't be vilified. For me personally, I can't really connect to a heterosexual romance, and it's part of the reason why I personally tend to dislike them. Not to mention that a lot of us are just really sick of having potential lesbian romances get squandered by male love interests that are tossed in the narrative with frustrating ease. It takes so much for anyone to recognize that two girls may be in love, but if a girl and a guy so much as share a meaningful look, everyone instantly believes they're in love. With that, it's not hard to imagine our frustration, especially when a lot of us have to live with heteronormativity every day. And being erased in general.

Anyways, believe what you want about yuri fans, but please don't attack us for shipping women together, especially when some of us have personal reasons to do so, such as myself. Yuri is what helped me accept myself for who I am, so it's a pretty important creative outlet to me. I can't change the way you think of course, and you're ultimately entitled to your opinion, but just take the actual gay folks shipping these things into consideration in the future, okay?

Anyways, that's all I really have to say. -shrug- I hope I don't come off as too overbearing; it's just one of the few things I'm passionate about, so pardon me if you interpret my tone in such a way. I don't intend any ill will. ^^;

Thank you for the voice of reason here. I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Jul 13, 2015 2:55 AM

Apr 2015
MaxXZoe said:

noticed that as well, i have read the other LN that the translator already translated and it's very different from the usual LN, he/she is really putting it all in translating...

this conversation though was omitted and it shows kumiko being tsundere towards shu (Novel only because it was ommited)

That was epic....... Shuichi X Kumiko!!!!! Make the movie now Kyoani!!!!
#CHEXIT
Jul 13, 2015 3:09 AM
Jul 2015
animenewsnetwork has a better discussion about this. I mean, one of the OP there can write about the yuribait without using word like yurifag or personally attacking someone.
I personally don't really care about who ends up with who. I don't want to make a wild assumption too, and even though Kumiko ends up with Shuichi, I'll keep watching. Some people here seemingly unable to understand the basic concept of 'we ship what we want to ship' and even resort calling names like yurifags. Like wtf man? It's okay to disagree but calling names? That's just low, homophobic and plain rude.
Jul 13, 2015 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
Another change - which I think is significant
Jul 13, 2015 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
bakajo48 said:
.......It's okay to disagree but calling names?

But-but....

bakajo48 said:
..... just low, homophobic .....

...isn't the same?

Let' see

The label homophobic doesn’t really mean what it says. By calling a person homophobic, one is being being accused of ignorantly or hatefully opposing homosexuality. The label is applied in pejorative way to paint individuals as having an illogical or irrational disagreement with homosexual practice. Of course,they might do disagree with homosexual practice (or any pre/extra marital sexual practice), but some do maintain a logical and rational reason for for their opposition (the subject for another different time). “Homophobic” attempts to paint a person as unthinking, bigoted, and scared of something he or she doesn’t agree with. One simply contest such a label doesn’t help the dialogue and the effort to understand each other.
#CHEXIT
Jul 13, 2015 5:19 PM
Jul 2015
Imeon said:
bakajo48 said:
.......It's okay to disagree but calling names?

But-but....

bakajo48 said:
..... just low, homophobic .....

...isn't the same?

Let' see

The label homophobic doesn’t really mean what it says. By calling a person homophobic, one is being being accused of ignorantly or hatefully opposing homosexuality. The label is applied in pejorative way to paint individuals as having an illogical or irrational disagreement with homosexual practice. Of course,they might do disagree with homosexual practice (or any pre/extra marital sexual practice), but some do maintain a logical and rational reason for for their opposition (the subject for another different time). “Homophobic” attempts to paint a person as unthinking, bigoted, and scared of something he or she doesn’t agree with. One simply contest such a label doesn’t help the dialogue and the effort to understand each other.

Hey, if you think I offend some people here then go ahead and think of it like that. I won’t try to change your mind. And I also understand some people here are trying to maintain to have a civil conversation. My argument is that there’s a person deliberately calling others yurifag. That doesn’t sit well with me.
And I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else here over a goddamn fictional story and about fictional characters' sexuality and begin a silly flame war that end up nowhere.
Jul 14, 2015 7:31 AM

Sep 2014
We all read what Googletranslate-kun wrote, right? That was pretty homophobic.
And a "logical and rational reason for their opposition"? Really?

Anyways, no matter how things progress from here, I think we all just want Kumiko and Reina to be happy, right? There are a lot of people that only realize they are gay after they are married with kids so I think we can all agree that we should hope that Kumiko and Reina figure that out sooner. They deserve better than years of unhappy marriage in which they don't even know what's missing until they get drunk and make out with each other.
Jul 14, 2015 3:27 PM

Mar 2015
Oh ffs, I wish people would realizes that homo means 'of the same', and phobic 'means a fear'. So Homophobic means you're fearful of the same.
Jul 14, 2015 4:54 PM

Apr 2015
OriginalGengar said:

LOL. Just get straight and stop being sarcastic. Unless you intentionally trying to make me laugh. Well, I hope you make a fictional novel out of a fictional novel that fits your taste, I will gladly read and fap afterwards. LOL

bakajo48 said:

And I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else here over a goddamn fictional story and about fictional characters' sexuality and begin a silly flame war that end up nowhere.

Tell that to OriginalGengar and her/her friends in Dynasty. ^_^
#CHEXIT
Jul 14, 2015 5:53 PM

Jul 2014
OriginalGengar said:
There are a lot of people that only realize they are gay after they are married with kids so I think we can all agree that we should hope that Kumiko and Reina figure that out sooner. They deserve better than years of unhappy marriage in which they don't even know what's missing until they get drunk and make out with each other.

Hey, that sounds like it'd make for an interesting fanfic. Might add that to my growing list of h!e fic ideas lol.

Imeon said:
As long as we have fun.... unlike some ass I knew.. LOL. Go, go, go! ^_<

I've never started a thread before on here so I'm not sure about it lol. It does sound like a fun idea though D: maybe sometime around. ^^

Imeon said:
Well, I hope you make a fictional novel out of a fictional novel that fits your taste, I will gladly read and fap afterwards. LOL

It's called fanfiction bro lol. And they don't always contain smut, so unless you're taking a trip through the M-rated section you're out of luck there aha. Actually, there's only one smutfic for kumirei I've seen in the FF archives, but it was the sweet and loving kind. -shrug-
King_KiashiJul 14, 2015 6:51 PM
Jul 15, 2015 7:31 AM

Nov 2014
King_Kiashi said:
OriginalGengar said:
There are a lot of people that only realize they are gay after they are married with kids so I think we can all agree that we should hope that Kumiko and Reina figure that out sooner. They deserve better than years of unhappy marriage in which they don't even know what's missing until they get drunk and make out with each other.

Hey, that sounds like it'd make for an interesting fanfic. Might add that to my growing list of h!e fic ideas lol.

Imeon said:
As long as we have fun.... unlike some ass I knew.. LOL. Go, go, go! ^_<

I've never started a thread before on here so I'm not sure about it lol. It does sound like a fun idea though D: maybe sometime around. ^^

Imeon said:
Well, I hope you make a fictional novel out of a fictional novel that fits your taste, I will gladly read and fap afterwards. LOL

It's called fanfiction bro lol. And they don't always contain smut, so unless you're taking a trip through the M-rated section you're out of luck there aha. Actually, there's only one smutfic for kumirei I've seen in the FF archives, but it was the sweet and loving kind. -shrug-

FF is full of kumirei, but since its FF i won't thread much since the original story is completed and the pairing there is what i need, i'll just wait for the full translated version (or at least volume 4), maybe yet i'll buy it if it's translated and happily add it into my collection ^_^

(i only read FF for lucky star fics and Adv shipping)

R O A R! Trombone ♪♪
Jul 15, 2015 9:11 AM

Sep 2014
Kelgair said:
Oh ffs, I wish people would realizes that homo means 'of the same', and phobic 'means a fear'. So Homophobic means you're fearful of the same.

The origin or etymology of the word doesn't really matter. The guy that coined the term used it for "strong, negative personal reactions" towards gay people. And now it means having an aversion or being hostile towards homosexuality or disciminating against it.

Imeon said:
Just get straight

I guess somebody has to pick up the slack since, you know, Kumiko and Reina won't.

For real though, I wasn't sarcastic, I made a joke. There's like, a huge difference between those but I guess the lines start to blur after you quote stuff like this as trustworthy source.
Jul 18, 2015 4:12 AM
Jan 2015
a lot of hint but its definitely not yuri at all, they just teasing us.
Jul 18, 2015 4:13 PM

Mar 2015
OriginalGengar said:
Kelgair said:

The origin or etymology of the word doesn't really matter. The guy that coined the term used it for "strong, negative personal reactions" towards gay people. And now it means having an aversion or being hostile towards homosexuality or discriminating against it.

The Etymology is kind of the entire point of the post... the guy that coined the term in '69 didn't intend it as the slur it is today. You've corrupted and debased the language to today. Edit: swapped word for post.
KelgairJul 18, 2015 5:47 PM
Jul 18, 2015 5:14 PM

Aug 2013

For me, it without a doubt is Shojo Ai, even if they didn't focus on that.

I'm also kind of keeping my hopes up for a romance themed movie/special about the two of them, there are way too less good and serious anime about lesbian girls/women.
laraesJul 18, 2015 5:20 PM
Jul 19, 2015 7:02 AM

Nov 2014
laraes said:

For me, it without a doubt is Shojo Ai, even if they didn't focus on that.

I'm also kind of keeping my hopes up for a romance themed movie/special about the two of them, there are way too less good and serious anime about lesbian girls/women.

read the previous post/arguments about what you said in the spoiler you put...
Jul 22, 2015 10:10 AM

Aug 2013

Ok

Like, that officializes this doesn't it? (I actually don't know if this has been posted in this thread already, tell me if it was, I'll delete it)

I think this is definetly meant in a romantic way whatsoever. It isn't the same for the rest of kumikos friends after all.

I looked it up, it really does translate this way. You can search for the chart on the official website of kyoani.
laraesJul 22, 2015 10:13 AM
Aug 1, 2015 4:27 AM
Dec 2012
lmao yuri fans try way too hard.

Curry-Kun said:
I notice the current trend that if you don't like a same-gender relationship regardless of what the reason might be, people would demonize you as if you're Hitler reincarnation or something.
Aug 1, 2015 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
laraes said:

That's already been argued before. Kindly, check it out. It's neither a lie nor a confirmation of Shoujo-Ai. it just stands for itself.

Kumiko has a childhood friend who is always there whenever she needs or doesn't need him and Kousaka already hint that she's willing to go yandere mode if she caught anyone by the chance gets toooooo close to Taki-sensei even if it's Kumiko.

laraes said:
I mean, didn't Kumiko even confess to Reina?

LOL. That's not even a spoiler. Again, it's been already argued as well.

This is what that scene is really about. Kumiko was supportive of Kousaka. Kousaka was trying to take the solo part whatever it takes just to get Taki-sensei's attention. Kumiko was deeply moved by her determination. Kumiko is willing to support her all the way since it's KOUSAKA's CONFESSION of LOVE. Remember the controversial "confession at the hill'? Kousaka was slightly joking about it. Kumiko simply took it as a joke since:

1. Kousaka might be exaggerating her "like" to music.
2. Kumiko thought she can't be really confessing to her or anyone since Kumiko is unaware yet that Kousaka has a love interest.

True spoiler

RPSB9Aug 1, 2015 1:40 PM
#CHEXIT
Jan 26, 2016 7:30 AM
Jan 2016
*spoiler*

but has anyone even considered the love confessions from both their ends? or the lip touch on the top of the mountain? reina is a very serious person. i don't think she'd do either of those things without intending it.

*end spoiler*
Jan 29, 2016 9:39 PM

Apr 2015
rockypooo13 said:
*spoiler*

but has anyone even considered the love confessions from both their ends? or the lip touch on the top of the mountain? reina is a very serious person. i don't think she'd do either of those things without intending it.

*end spoiler*

Reina is just teasing Kumiko. Reina's confession on the mountain was declaration of love to Sensei. No spoiler needed for that. Kumiko is on the other hand doesn't yet understand her feelings for Shuichi. No spoiler needed coz it's so obvious in the last episode and again in the special.

You guys watch tooooo much yuri and puts yuri into every girl that are close.
#CHEXIT
Feb 1, 2016 9:58 PM
Jan 2016
Imeon said:
rockypooo13 said:
*spoiler*

*end spoiler*

Reina is just teasing Kumiko. Reina's confession on the mountain was declaration of love to Sensei. No spoiler needed for that. Kumiko is on the other hand doesn't yet understand her feelings for Shuichi. No spoiler needed coz it's so obvious in the last episode and again in the special.

Imeon said:
rockypooo13 said:
*spoiler*

*end spoiler*

i mean, it's painfully obvious...confession of love to sensei? she clearly was speaking to kumiko. their closeness is odd for a friendship, it's too soon to say there's romance but there is definitely attraction between them. as far as the anime goes kumiko has absolutely no feelings for shuichi. she felt nothing when her close friend tried to date him and she did everything she could to get out of the situation. i know in the novel they somehow eventually end up together, but as far as the anime goes that really had no place in it.

suppose she did have feelings for shuichi in the anime (which there is no evidence for that), she can have feelings for shuichi while feeling attraction for reina.

not to mention, who caresses their relatively new friend's face while gazing deeply into their eyes, promising not to leave them behind?

the bottom line is that they're both attracted to each other.

take a look at the other girls' relationships with each other, they definitely didn't have a relationship like reina and kumiko. you can tell clearly that the other girls are just friends dicking around, but reina and kumiko? things got ambiguous.
Feb 2, 2016 3:11 AM

Apr 2015
rockypooo13 said:

i mean, it's painfully obvious...confession of love to sensei? she clearly was speaking to kumiko. their closeness is odd for a friendship, it's too soon to say there's romance but there is definitely attraction between them. as far as the anime goes kumiko has absolutely no feelings for shuichi. she felt nothing when her close friend tried to date him and she did everything she could to get out of the situation. i know in the novel they somehow eventually end up together, but as far as the anime goes that really had no place in it.

Kumiko has no idea regarding Reina's love interest, at first. Reina was teasing Kumiko on who she is declaring her love too.

Have you really watched the anime dude? Have you seen the episode in which she told Kumiko the reason why she enrolled to that school in the first place? The case about Reina x Kumiko was trashed out after that TRUE CONFESSION. Reina loves Sensei at the present and will be. coz.... we know....
#CHEXIT
Feb 2, 2016 10:37 AM
Jan 2015
I'm almost amazed to see how in denial some people are...
Feb 4, 2016 2:30 AM

Apr 2015
Drunkeagle said:

That's the problem of watching too much shoujo-ai/yuri. Every "close" girls are lesbians.
#CHEXIT
Feb 5, 2016 3:46 PM
Jan 2015
Imeon said:
Drunkeagle said:

That's the problem of watching too much shoujo-ai/yuri. Every "close" girls are lesbians.

Well it's obvious they are profiting on intended subtext, so it's not just every close girl(like in nana, never seen anyone try to ship them).

And delusional or not, you speak of the novels which you can argue on that all they got is the same name and that tells you something, something that fuels all these nonsense, so don't hate on fans hate on the studio.
Feb 5, 2016 8:23 PM

Aug 2009
There seems to be a misconception that Shoujou ai automatically equates to romantic love. This is not the case. In addition to romantic love, shoujou ai also deals with platonic love.

So yes, in a way, this anime can be considered shoujou ai, after all.
Feb 6, 2016 3:05 AM

Apr 2015
private_eye said:

Well it's obvious they are profiting on intended subtext, so it's not just every close girl(like in nana, never seen anyone try to ship them).

And delusional or not, you speak of the novels which you can argue on that all they got is the same name and that tells you something, something that fuels all these nonsense, so don't hate on fans hate on the studio.

I accept that fact that this is Kyoani and shippers should realize that too. But though profiting , I don't feel they'll go full yuri since the n***l ain't.

Ukaei said:
There seems to be a misconception that Shoujou ai automatically equates to romantic love. This is not the case. In addition to romantic love, shoujou ai also deals with platonic love.

At the most case, only platonic, nothing more beyond that. One is clearly, head-over-heels over a teacher while the other is.... dense over osananajimi.

Ukaei said:
No, coz this ain't the theme of the story nor it has relation to its progress (character, etc) Yuri/shoujo-ai is all subtext and can be interpreted as such and not such.
#CHEXIT
Feb 6, 2016 2:51 PM
Jan 2015
Imeon said:
private_eye said:

I accept that fact that this is Kyoani and shippers should realize that too. But though profiting , I don't feel they'll go full yuri since the n***l ain't.

So you want to have average watcher learn about Studios quirks beforehand? I myself didn't even know it had one(except post K- on,increasing moe blob, cross legs and everything that goes with it,
having watched every other Kyoani show except Tamako Market, at least it didn't seemed that to me, unlike in Hibike, which i know batshit, until some spoilers here and there 3 vol. + 4th as compilation of SS's in between 1st and 3rd as novels, can't find is it ongoing or it indeed finished and i can tell neither can you, yet you go pissing on every yuri shipper like everything is done deal, not that it matters.

Gone of the point, I don't think regular watcher should be bother what quirks studio has. If it looks like ****, taste like **** then it probably is ****, but you know better, it's in fact gold so you can stick to it, don't pursue others otherwise, keep it to yourself and enjoy wholeheartedly, be a little bit selfish and watch from the side what others may miss, and laugh at them. I guarantee you, more quality time for everybody.
Feb 6, 2016 3:39 PM

Aug 2009
Imeon said:

Ukaei said:

At the most case, only platonic, nothing more beyond that. One is clearly, head-over-heels over a teacher while the other is.... dense over osananajimi.

Ukaei said:
No, coz this ain't the theme of the story nor it has relation to its progress (character, etc) Yuri/shoujo-ai is all subtext and can be interpreted as such and not such.

I agree, it is not the theme of the anime. What I mean is that it can be tagged as shoujou ai (genre), along with other genres like drama, school life, etc.

I definitely think, however, that there is a platonic love between Kimiko and Reina--a sort of sisterly, sibling love.
Feb 6, 2016 7:27 PM

Apr 2015
Ukaei said:

I agree, it is not the theme of the anime. What I mean is that it can be tagged as shoujou ai (genre), along with other genres like drama, school life, etc.

I'm just actually concern of viewers who "don't" watch yuri/shoujo-ai at all. I'm worried that some will ignore it just because of the tag and has to watch it with that idea in mind. The anime is great, the animation is good and the plot...... no relation with romance yet... pretty good as well.

Ukaei said:
I definitely think, however, that there is a platonic love between Kimiko and Reina--a sort of sisterly, sibling love.

+1. That is the closes I can think too as well.
#CHEXIT
Feb 6, 2016 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
It doesn't matter, I love the story and can't wait S2.
But to answer the question I don't think it's a yuri.

Feb 7, 2016 5:58 AM

Apr 2015
kuuderu said:

That's the scene that should've completely ruled out the issue regarding the "yuri/shoujo-ai" between the two. But annoying still, some shippers can't help but deny/misinterpret it just to satisfy their fantasies.

You can check out the episode discussions about this scene and their denial and same as the previous posts here. Seriously, it's hilarious and annoying at the same time.
#CHEXIT
Jul 10, 2016 4:31 AM

Oct 2014
FiftyCentsArmy said:
kuuderu said:

That's the scene that should've completely ruled out the issue regarding the "yuri/shoujo-ai" between the two. But annoying still, some shippers can't help but deny/misinterpret it just to satisfy their fantasies.

You can check out the episode discussions about this scene and their denial and same as the previous posts here. Seriously, it's hilarious and annoying at the same time.

Ah the glorious hetero, dening everything gay in an attempt to preserve their false sense of security. Haven't even watched the anime and don't plan to cause of its baiting. Honestly, if there was even 1 actual yuri anime for every 100 bait animes we'd have tons, but alas homophobic, and people who just like to screw with us, creators must always default to hetero instead of taking a dive and doing something that isn't the norm.
Jul 11, 2016 7:33 PM

Nov 2007
I am not gonna use a SPOILER Tag. Well, like it really matters. If you are reading this thread, you have accepted to get spoiled.

Anyone who has knowledge of the novel knows that Kumiko likes Tsukamoto more than just a childhood friend. More like she has been in denial even when she talked with the cactus in the pot or Hazuki on board the train.

What is there to not see? Reina shippers should also know that Reina confesses to Taki-sensei but gets shunned (whether it was intentional or unintentional on Taki-sensei's part is vague however). Kumiko fans should also know that when asked about her new hairpin Kumiko relays to Asuka that she got it from her boyfriend even before confessing to Tsukamoto; the hairpin was from Tsukamoto. Like it or not, it will be covered in season 2 if volume 3 is adapted.

There is nothing homophobic about it. It's not just a shoujo-ai. If you want to watch it with your yuri goggles on, then be it. There is no one stopping you to fantasize. It's exactly the same as shipping Souma with either Erina or Megumi when there is absolutely nothing romantic between them.

Also, in the original novel, the main characters are 黄前 久美子, 高坂 麗奈, 加藤 葉月, 川島 緑輝 and 田中 あすか and 塚本 秀一.

Moving on ~
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 28, 2016 3:45 AM
Jul 2013
Totally not a lesbian coming to terms with her sexuality

How anyone could ever see this as bait is beyond me. Regardless of the novel's content, it's undeniable that the large majority if not all of the show's sensual moments are reserved for Kumiko and Reina, the adaptation even bothered to remove most of the Shuichi scenes. If the genders of Reina and Shuichi were reversed I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be having this debate.
jibberjiofsjlajJul 28, 2016 3:56 AM
Aug 6, 2016 8:56 AM

Dec 2012
It's yuri bait. That is if they follow the Novel, which they most likely will unfortunately. If you're that curious then read the spoilers for Volume 3 of the Novel.

But we shall see if they follow the Novel or not, it'd be a nice change of pace if they didn't, but im just going to expect they will.
Still a solid serious regardless. =^-^=
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

453 by Hearn »»
Apr 24, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2015

394 by shichirouji »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

193 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Apr 18, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

286 by luisfunes99 »»
Apr 2, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

242 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.