Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2015 11:51 PM

Dec 2011
There is always a game series that's been going for awhile, until there's a time people got quite fed up with it. So as the thread title says, which series should just die?

My opinion: Assassin's Creed, and quite a sad one because I started really liking this series, especially from how good ACII was a few years back. But now we get shit like Unity and Rogue from last year and even more this year and so on, from a cow that's already too dry.

I'd also say Sonic The Hedgehog if Sega doesn't manage to make something good with him later on after the shit that Sonic Boom was.
Crzy_MinusApr 6, 2015 12:03 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2015 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
In before COD
Apr 6, 2015 12:06 AM

Nov 2008
All of Nintendo's. Because it's the only way they'll ever make new IPs on the scale of Zelda, Mario and Metroid.

Assassin's Creed. I tried playing Assassin's Creed II again recently and was shocked by how shitty the controls are, especially the combat. In Ubisoft's attempt to make the controls user friendly and automatic, they made it totally unintuitive. I never dug the sci fi plot. I was disappointed when I found out that the first game would be a sci fi. The games have far too many interruptions and take forever to get started.

I want Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed gone just so that other games scheduled for the holiday season have better chances and aren't delayed.

Apr 6, 2015 3:04 AM

Jan 2013
Ezekiel said:
All of Nintendo's. Because it's the only way they'll ever make new IPs on the scale of Zelda, Mario and Metroid.
But you fail to realize that those franchises have only ever been to show off the power and gimmick potential of the system. Those franchises will never die since they're basically the torch holder for the games that follow.

fuck Final Fantasy. Please die.
Apr 6, 2015 3:09 AM

Dec 2012
How about not jusr byuing them?

Those franchises keep getting milked, because their fanbases still like them. It's nor hurting anything directly.
Apr 6, 2015 3:10 AM

Jul 2014
Pokemon. Pls

Apr 6, 2015 3:14 AM

Feb 2015
Crzy_Minus said:
I'd also say Sonic The Hedgehog if Sega doesn't manage to make something good with him later on after the shit that Sonic Boom was.

I don't want Sonic to die. I want them to keep making awful game after awful game as a perpetual reminder to other developers of the sheer monstrosities that can unfold when you stubbornly refuse to replace old IP's with new ones.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Apr 6, 2015 4:16 AM

May 2013
Definitely Mario. They milk him so hard it's not even funny.
Apr 6, 2015 4:20 AM

Apr 2011
I don't dislike any gaming franchise enough to hope it dies.

Dark_Chaos said:

I like the spin-offs they make for Mario (like the sports games) way more than I ever liked the main series.
Apr 6, 2015 4:22 AM
Nov 2013
Sport related such as Fifa or Nba I don't see the point in them when you could actually play the sport instead.
Apr 6, 2015 4:25 AM

Feb 2010
Guilty--King said:
Pokemon. Pls
Apr 6, 2015 4:29 AM

May 2013
yhunata said:
I don't dislike any gaming franchise enough to hope it dies.

Dark_Chaos said:

I like the spin-offs they make for Mario (like the sports games) way more than I ever liked the main series.

I didn't exactly imply they were bad, don't get me wrong. I mean Mario Party is pretty much the best thing to come out of the whole shebang, and many of the sports games are better than the actual games in my opinion, but when they've got a spin off title for every single sport (3 or 4 for some), and you play them all, you're going to get tired of their chubby little mascot sooner or later :/

Makes you wonder why they aren't just attempting to create new iconic franchises instead of playing it safe with the same formula for the main games and a spin off title for everything you could imagine. Hell, now that Nintendo are making mobile games, I wouldn't be surprised if they shoved him onto those too.
Apr 6, 2015 4:32 AM

Oct 2014
Assassins Creed is the best answer. There are just too many Ac games in such a short amount of time, that the series has become rather dull and repetitive.

The obnoxious fanbase is also another reason. AC fanboys like to think other games copy everything about the series from the mechanics to the hood the protagonists wear.
Apr 6, 2015 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Sonic the Hedgehog. If Sonic Adventure 3 isn't going to be made then have the last game involve Eggman invent time travel, go back in time and kill Sonic while he's sitting on the crapper or something
Apr 6, 2015 5:56 AM

Dec 2012
Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite franchises, which is exactly why it needs to slow down. It is literally becoming so mundane, dry, and uninspired. I got AC Unity on Christmas and I'm still only 5% of the way through. It doesn't deserve the Call of Duty treatment.
Apr 6, 2015 6:12 AM

Oct 2010
FF
tomb raider
cod
MGS
dark souls
battlefield shit
wow
stuff that im forgetting

some games are just overstaying their welcome and MGS was good but its becoming so spammy and commercial that its getting bad , tomb raider is a good example

there are so many new things , just let the old di a peaceful and good death and dont ruin it more
lots of music -
Apr 6, 2015 6:15 AM

Jan 2015
totally agree with the Assassins Creed remarks above. The first 2 were SO GOOD, then they really shit the bed with the Am. Rev. one (which is the one I was looking forward to the most and just royally pissed me off). I haven't bought one after that. I did see the info on the new one and would consider getting it... also if they just re-released the first one for ps4 i would so buy it.
Apr 6, 2015 6:30 AM

Jun 2012
As long as people are enjoying i don't really care lmao. New IPs would be good though.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 6, 2015 7:38 AM

May 2014
The Sims

Apr 6, 2015 7:44 AM
Mar 2011
all yearly games like cod
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 6, 2015 8:26 AM

Mar 2011
Civilization - they release the same game over and over, they don't add content but actually remove it and then sell it through expansions and DLC.
Apr 6, 2015 8:31 AM

Dec 2011
Here are a few new ones I forgot to mention as well:

Resident Evil - The series has been slightly getting worst, without counting the Gamecube version HD Remaster.
Borderlands - Because at one point people will give these games a pass and keep bringing more of the same and more unfunny jokes, also because Gearbox are hacks.
Apr 6, 2015 8:50 AM

Jul 2012
Different video games are enjoyable for different people. Who am I to take something away from someone?

Although I'll admit I wouldn't cry if Call of Duty were to go "poof".
Ezekiel said:
Splatoon.
Crzy_Minus said:

Resident Evil - The series has been slightly getting worst, without counting the Gamecube version HD Remaster.
But Resident Evil Revelations is a 4 look-a-like.
FGAU1912 said:
all yearly games like cod
>wanting Pokemon to die
For what purpose?
Apr 6, 2015 8:54 AM

Dec 2013
I'll agree with everyone here Sonic needs to die, and you're talking to someone who bought a Dreamcast the day it came out, so huge SEGA fan boy, but my god those games have gotten awful.

But the biggest one for me is Half-Life.

I know they will never come out with a HL3, because let's face it Valve pretty much sucks at everything and only is famous because of other people's ideas and work(the only good version of CS was a mod, Portal was originally made by college students, L4D was originally by Turtle Rock Studios, HL1 was made on a tweaked quake engine etc...)

But if they actually come out with a new one after all this time, it'd be trash/fall short of expectations and ruin a classic game, which is also probably why it will never see the light of day.

incisorr said:
FF
tomb raider
cod
MGS
dark souls
battlefield shit
wow

And The Elder Scrolls

Cause Bethesda is starting to piss me off about how much time they're devoting to it, when they should be making me another fucking FO like 2 years ago.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Apr 6, 2015 8:55 AM

Jul 2012
Dark_Chaos said:

I didn't exactly imply they were bad, don't get me wrong. I mean Mario Party is pretty much the best thing to come out of the whole shebang, and many of the sports games are better than the actual games in my opinion, but when they've got a spin off title for every single sport (3 or 4 for some), and you play them all, you're going to get tired of their chubby little mascot sooner or later :/
But the spinoffs of Mario games gave us this:
Apr 6, 2015 8:57 AM

Mar 2013
Geassghoul said:
The Sims

That's already dead with Sims 4. Fucking Eat All and their obsession to kill whatever games they can get their hands on.
Apr 6, 2015 9:01 AM

Apr 2015
Half Life, like really, I don't want it to come back, if it ever comes.
Apr 6, 2015 9:03 AM
Jun 2014
Call of Duty, all their games suck now.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Apr 6, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2014
Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Apr 6, 2015 9:29 AM
Apr 2015
Pretty much any sport games that makes a game EVERY YEAR, with little to no change. Like don't stop them entirely, just slow the hell down with them. Sonic, please let it rest in peace while it still has SOME sort of it's former glory still (The only reason I remember some of the newer ones is because they are MAJORLY bugged more often than not in hilarious ways). Final Fantasy games that aren't even Final Fantasy games anymore, like call it another name or something at this point. Like I tried the 15 demo, and I would have never guess that's a FF game if no one told me the name.

Other than that don't really care much either way.
BobLeMoche8Apr 6, 2015 9:49 AM
Apr 6, 2015 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
MorsPulchra said:
I know they will never come out with a HL3, because let's face it Valve pretty much sucks at everything and only is famous because of other people's ideas and work(the only good version of CS was a mod, Portal was originally made by college students, L4D was originally by Turtle Rock Studios, HL1 was made on a tweaked quake engine etc...)
Portal is Valve's creation. Sure, it's inspired by Narbacular Drop, but without Valve's ingenuity, talent and support/interest, it never would have become the masterpiece known as Portal. It's a different game.

Apr 6, 2015 10:17 AM

Nov 2014
Dark_Chaos said:

The spin offs are good though. I liked the mario and luigi rpgs
Apr 6, 2015 10:18 AM

Nov 2010
Can't think of a single franchise.
Apr 6, 2015 10:28 AM

Nov 2008
omeg4 said:
Dark_Chaos said:

The spin offs are good though. I liked the mario and luigi rpgs

Crossovers as well

CoD, Battlefield, and Halo need to die along with Skylanders also most F2P franchises and games need to die unless they will or already are ported to a console or handheld with the F2P elements removed (Damascus gear and Puzzle and Dragons for example) or are like Hearthstone or Kancolle which aren't pay2win or pay2enjoy.

Apr 6, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
Paper mario. It started off as a very charming spinoff. Then it gave us the Thousand Year Door which is a fantastic masterpiece of the gamecube. Then it gave us this piece of shit.

Also, I don't think Sonic the Hedgehog should die. It's a leading role model in "Shitty games" and it'll help influence other devs not to make the same mistake.
Apr 6, 2015 10:35 AM

Feb 2012
MorsPulchra said:

And The Elder Scrolls

Cause Bethesda is starting to piss me off about how much time they're devoting to it, when they should be making me another fucking FO like 2 years ago.

More like they never should have picked up Fallout to begin with.
Apr 6, 2015 12:18 PM

Feb 2014
CoD
Ashente!

Apr 6, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2015
Mario Kart. its been the same game for the last 10 years
Apr 6, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
j4cktheripper said:
new tracks and updated visuals is a bad thing

man I wish I were able to love games like j4cktheripper
Apr 6, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
assassin's creed

It should have died since AC2

Apr 6, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
I for one love nintendo.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 6, 2015 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
Team Fortress, MOBBA games in general, World of Warcraft (it's already dead in my opinion), and Halo (because they always claim the next sequel is the last one).
Apr 6, 2015 3:29 PM

Oct 2013
Assassins Creed
Call Of Duty
Battlefield
The Order: 1886 (I don't want a 2nd game)
Far Cry
The Sims
Resident Evil
Halo
Uncharted (stop after 4 unless Naughty Dog decides to make BIG changes!)
WWE Games
Tekken (This will only apply is 7 fucks up because thats a sign of more stupid shit to come)
God Of War (Should have stopped after 3)
Saints Row (3 was the last good one. 4 is a piece of tutti)
Splinter Cell (Unless Michael Ironside returns!)
Mass Effect (The latest one in the works doesn't have Casey Hudson working on it. Thats gonna fuck up imo)
Dead Rising

AllenVonStein said:
assassin's creed

It should have died since AC2

EXACTLY!!!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 6, 2015 6:17 PM

Feb 2015
Syrup- said:
j4cktheripper said:

new tracks can be considered dlc at best, you dont have to make an entire new game just for that (sorry didnt mean to be cheeky about it but you started it :/ )
Apr 6, 2015 6:20 PM

Feb 2015
Syrup- said:

holy shit you really do have bad taste in games if you think final fantasy should die after XV

Apr 6, 2015 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
I'm surprised nobody has said Gears of War yet. I guess people around here are not that familiar with this franchise. :p
Apr 6, 2015 6:27 PM

Jul 2013
j4cktheripper said:
Syrup- said:

holy shit you really do have bad taste in games if you think final fantasy should die after XV

Can't wait for XV to be on the same level as XIII and see all of you FF fanboys clawing your eyes out.
Apr 6, 2015 6:28 PM

May 2012
Every franchise I don't like. Am I cool yet?
Apr 6, 2015 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
j4cktheripper said:
Syrup- said:

new tracks can be considered dlc at best, you dont have to make an entire new game just for that (sorry didnt mean to be cheeky about it but you started it :/ )
j4cktheripper said:
Syrup- said:

ugh your posts reek please clean your shit taste before posting next time.

>FF15
>anything but a desperate attempt to redeem post-FF11 Final Fantasy

please get out, pleb. You're part of the reason gaming sucks.
I'm not even going to talk about Mario Kart if you can't understand why FF15 is all hype and no game.
Apr 6, 2015 7:31 PM

Nov 2008
Syrup- said:
j4cktheripper said:

j4cktheripper said:

ugh your posts reek please clean your shit taste before posting next time.

>FF15
>anything but a desperate attempt to redeem post-FF11 Final Fantasy

please get out, pleb. You're part of the reason gaming sucks.
I'm not even going to talk about Mario Kart if you can't understand why FF15 is all hype and no game.

FFXV is going suck, there's none of the essence and spirit that FF had, it's more of a sausage fest for fujoshi and casuals. SE must've poured it into Bravely Second since it has the spirit and essence of FF and more but isn't FF.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

523 by lcee_15 »»
3 minutes ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
2 hours ago

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 12 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
12 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.