Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 5, 2015 6:00 AM
Jul 2014
elior1 said:
y123y said:
Well, sometime this week, it finally looks like they will release the first preview of this anime.

Hopefully, the graphics will be good and hopefully it will air this summer and not later :)
it going to be in this wensday

So wouldn't that mean Tuesday (Today) for us? Unless it's tomorrow night.
May 5, 2015 7:45 AM
May 2010
unluckystraydog said:
What does more contrasted and upscaled mean? Like just turning up the contrast levels in photoshop or on a tv monitor or something like that?
lol I'm no expert, but from what little I know, upscaled in layman's terms means something equivalent to "stretched out". Think of it as stretching a picture that's 1200p to 2400p without all the advanced techniques of smoothing out the edges, contrast levels, and other stuff that wouldn't make the picture look blurry. Something like that.
May 5, 2015 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
Vogyn said:
elior1 said:
it going to be in this wensday

It'll be Wednesday morning/late-morning/afternoon (for Europeans) for us.

JacobKyon said:
lol I'm no expert, but from what little I know, upscaled in layman's terms means something equivalent to "stretched out". Think of it as stretching a picture that's 1200p to 2400p without all the advanced techniques of smoothing out the edges, contrast levels, and other stuff that wouldn't make the picture look blurry. Something like that.

Sounds about right, but I think the fact the footage may have been interlaced when they were upscaling it is the cause of the poor quality (but Japan uses the PAL encoding system, so I guess footage isn't interlaced there?). It makes me think Toei Animation had the original files/cels but were too lazy to pull them out of the archives to work on them, or they don't have them anymore for whatever reason and had to make do with what they had. Which is still poor management anyway you look at it. One would think they'd do this months in advance, but it sounds like they had maybe a month at the least and rushed it.
May 5, 2015 3:57 PM
Jun 2011
Lil-Bird said:
Vogyn said:

JacobKyon said:

Sounds about right, but I think the fact the footage may have been interlaced when they were upscaling it is the cause of the poor quality (but Japan uses the PAL encoding system, so I guess footage isn't interlaced there?). It makes me think Toei Animation had the original files/cels but were too lazy to pull them out of the archives to work on them, or they don't have them anymore for whatever reason and had to make do with what they had. Which is still poor management anyway you look at it. One would think they'd do this months in advance, but it sounds like they had maybe a month at the least and rushed it.
the preview and the suprise should be after the marathon of adventure episodes
May 6, 2015 2:55 AM

Apr 2014
At the official website http://digimon-adventure.net/ you can read:

5/6 wed. 22:45頃
一挙放送終了後「tri.」新情報大発表!
第1弾PV / 選ばれし子どもたち・キャスト情報 / 媒体情報・スケジュール
... and other surprises!

So in UK on Wednesday 02:45PM, in USA on Wednesday 06:45AM (PT) / 09:45AM (ET).
Dan-TeMay 6, 2015 3:03 AM
May 6, 2015 3:48 AM
Jun 2011
Da-St said:
At the official website http://digimon-adventure.net/ you can read:

5/6 wed. 22:45頃
一挙放送終了後「tri.」新情報大発表!
第1弾PV / 選ばれし子どもたち・キャスト情報 / 媒体情報・スケジュール
... and other surprises!

So in UK on Wednesday 02:45PM, in USA on Wednesday 06:45AM (PT) / 09:45AM (ET).
we at episode 47 of the marathon right now. the time is almost here
May 6, 2015 5:32 AM

Jul 2014
Lil-Bird said:
Vogyn said:

JacobKyon said:

Hmm okay. Well that definitely seems like a pretty unprofessional thing to do. :(
And when somebody asks if I'm okay
I don't know what to say
May 6, 2015 6:49 AM

Jul 2014
so the website seems to be down?
And when somebody asks if I'm okay
I don't know what to say
May 6, 2015 6:55 AM
Mar 2015
Yes, the both websites are down, but as far as I know the new PV should air from day to day, and after that we will surely get the needed information.

EDIT: The PV is already available.
NashetaniaMay 6, 2015 7:01 AM
May 9, 2015 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
Delayed to late Fall.
May 9, 2015 2:32 PM
May 2010
ooo333 said:
Delayed to late Fall.

Or rather, delayed to next Summer for non-Japanese viewers.
May 9, 2015 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
JacobKyon said:
ooo333 said:
Delayed to late Fall.

Or rather, delayed to next Summer for non-Japanese viewers.
my tears of sorrow won't stop.
May 9, 2015 7:49 PM

Mar 2015
DATS24 said:
JacobKyon said:

And releasing low-quality blu-rays.

I agree, the Blu-ray isn't much different than just more constrasted coloring. But the box is pretty, though

For a 44,000 Yen Blu-Ray box, it's really disappointing. Nothing much changed, the box is good, but I kind of expect more from it.

May 14, 2015 12:29 AM

Mar 2015
Here is what I found by comparing the old version and the 2015 Blu-Ray box version.

Nothing changed much other than some coloring and precising.

May 14, 2015 2:46 AM
Jun 2008
Why make the original image pop? All that does is make an older series look like an newer series, and that causes said series to lose part of it's charm.
May 14, 2015 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
Yemi_Hikari said:
Why make the original image pop? All that does is make an older series look like an newer series, and that causes said series to lose part of it's charm.

No not really. The blu-ray version makes the series more HD and it makes me want to watch the first season again.
May 17, 2015 2:22 AM
May 2010
It looks okay. It's definitely sharper than the original version. Not gonna make me feel like rewatching that shit again though. I mean, the nostalgia tank is running out for me. Couldn't even get myself to sit through a marathon rewatch before the May PV was released because I got bored by episode 17.
May 20, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2009
JacobKyon said:
It looks okay. It's definitely sharper than the original version. Not gonna make me feel like rewatching that shit again though. I mean, the nostalgia tank is running out for me. Couldn't even get myself to sit through a marathon rewatch before the May PV was released because I got bored by episode 17.

i'd say it looks very much sharper, almost sharp enough to make me wanna watch it again ^^.......

also; wheeeee, more digimon NEXT YEAR _:'D
but the mercs, of the merchs -w-~~
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you like the character design in Tri? ( 1 2 3 )

cro3 - Feb 20, 2015

106 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 28, 2023 12:48 AM

» Why does everyone hate the 02 characters?

12ylie - May 12, 2015

22 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure tri. Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

343 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:30 PM

» Can I watch this without watching any of the previous Digimons ?

reyqq - Sep 15, 2021

9 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:30 PM

» Plot holes in 02?

cro3 - Mar 16, 2015

29 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.