Forum Settings
Forums

Global Warming with humans being the cause are wrong?

New
Mar 31, 2015 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
About the greenhouse gases, mostly it's steam from oceans, CO2 it's just a small percentage of the equation. No way humans are the major cause.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2015 5:51 PM

Jul 2011
Anime caused Global Warming
Mar 31, 2015 5:54 PM

Jan 2014
Praland said:

It's all the moe pollution.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 31, 2015 6:02 PM
Apr 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Praland said:

It's all the moe pollution.
And the haremshit as well
Mar 31, 2015 6:02 PM

May 2014
Cats caused Global Warming
I've been here way too long...
Mar 31, 2015 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
GoldSlash said:
About the greenhouse gases, mostly it's steam from oceans, CO2 it's just a small percentage of the equation. No way humans are the major cause.

It's actually caused by all the shitposting on this forum right now.
Mar 31, 2015 6:06 PM

Mar 2012
Anime fans burp mass could be causing global warming?
Mar 31, 2015 6:09 PM

Jan 2015
I kno ryt?
Let's blame obama and the wurld lieders
And dat Swede who promoted das theory
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Mar 31, 2015 6:09 PM

Jan 2009
Mar 31, 2015 6:11 PM

Mar 2013
Nope, not caused by humans, just obama, but we all know he's not human.
Mar 31, 2015 6:28 PM

Mar 2012
j0x said:
ye look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1SgmFa0r04

It's the major "human pollution", not the greenhouse gas with more concentration nor effect.

"When it comes to global warming, methane is 20 times more harmful than carbon dioxide"¹
"Steam from water comprises up to 70 percent of the total greenhouse effect."²

Oceans controls climate.
Mar 31, 2015 6:31 PM

Nov 2010
cow farts cause pollution as well.
Mar 31, 2015 6:35 PM

Jan 2009
Mar 31, 2015 6:39 PM

Jan 2014
fst said:
Nope, not caused by humans, just obama, but we all know he's not human.

Damned reptilian!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 31, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2015
The sun controls the climate
So let's blame the sun?
Mar 31, 2015 6:42 PM
Jan 2015
well humans do use up most of the world's resources and put out the most wastes.
Mar 31, 2015 6:44 PM

Mar 2012
Blame no one, it's a natural thing, like ice age was in the past. I mean, it's good that leaders are changing to a green power, just no need to rush.
Mar 31, 2015 6:44 PM

Aug 2012
GoldSlash said:
Look, no one knows yet. It is a fact that temperature in earth varies naturally, and that with or without humans the result would be the same, but one thing is for sure: We are accelerating the process.
Mar 31, 2015 6:46 PM

Dec 2012
Nice relevant anime discussion we have going on here. Was this by any chance inspired by Parashit's pseudo Green Peace message?
Mar 31, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2015
We shood be concerned more about the fast depletion of resources not this silly theory of a Swede lol
Mar 31, 2015 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
@lupadim
It's like that i've already seen that statement before, it's a quote or smh? If yes, from what place or from who?
Glad seeing you here dude.

@Remv_quevav
True, much more important than dat theory.
Mar 31, 2015 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
I'm still at episode 18 on Parashyt, dind't see the message though.
Mar 31, 2015 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
Remv_quevav said:
We shood be concerned more about the fast depletion of resources not this silly theory of a Swede lol

I'm sorry, but as someone who works in the Oil Industry, that is not true at all. Sure, current rigs will always run out, and we will need to move somewhere else, but you want to know something amazing? Oil can be found almost anywhere and everywhere. There is thousands of untapped oil reserves throughout our the world, especially in places like Antarctica and Alaska (even though people don't want drilling there, if we must there's tons of oil in those areas). Believe me when I tell you we are far from running out, and with the recent discovery of how to efficiently retrieve an extreme amount of oil from Barret's Shale, oil should last us a lot longer.
Mar 31, 2015 6:56 PM

Sep 2013
Mar 31, 2015 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:

are you trying to say its bad for us to think the dog is in pain because someone put a shirt on it? I'm confused because the caption seems to almost contradict the image because it is pretty obvious the dog is in pain?
Mar 31, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2009
GoldSlash said:
Blame no one, it's a natural thing, like ice age was in the past. I mean, it's good that leaders are changing to a green power, just no need to rush.

but majority of scientists tells me that human pollution indeed influence it
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

who is the correct one you (and other global warming denialist) or this scientists?

Now, scientists believe they’ve untangled the relationship. In a paper published Monday in Nature Climate Change, researchers from the University of Exeter claim to have found direct evidence that as global temperatures rise, so does the atmospheric concentration of greenhouse gases, creating a positive feedback that in turn warms the Earth even more — basically, global warming creates more global warming. http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/03/31/3640700/positive-feedback-except-its-terrifying/
Mar 31, 2015 7:00 PM

Dec 2012
sammario said:
ichii_1 said:

are you trying to say its bad for us to think the dog is in pain because someone put a shirt on it? I'm confused because the caption seems to almost contradict the image because it is pretty obvious the dog is in pain?
The dog is being portrayed as being in pain from a human perspective. Nevertheless, it would be foolish to assume a dog is happy or content with being dressed up if it doesn't show any objection.
Mar 31, 2015 7:01 PM

Jan 2015
sammario said:
Remv_quevav said:

I'm sorry, but as someone who works in the Oil Industry, that is not true at all. Sure, current rigs will always run out, and we will need to move somewhere else, but you want to know something amazing? Oil can be found almost anywhere and everywhere. There is thousands of untapped oil reserves throughout our the world, especially in places like Antarctica and Alaska (even though people don't want drilling there, if we must there's tons of oil in those areas). Believe me when I tell you we are far from running out, and with the recent discovery of how to efficiently retrieve an extreme amount of oil from Barret's Shale, oil should last us a lot longer.
I'm not talking only about oil and other energy resources
I'm talking about all resources like food, water, land and etc.
But its a nice insigjt that oil can be found anywhere (and I beliv tht)
Mar 31, 2015 7:04 PM

Mar 2012
"the cientists" like if they are a mass and thinks all exactly the same. Also, it's authority fallacy.
Just cause i've a computer science degree("a scientist" and says something about algorithms, or technology, it's automatically right? Of course not. Tbh i'm pretty donkey in most of computer topics.

IPCC is dishonest in many ways... Their conclusions are biased.

I don't denied the global warming, i deny "the cause" which is pretty different.
GoldSlashMar 31, 2015 7:07 PM
Mar 31, 2015 7:04 PM

Sep 2013
sammario said:
ichii_1 said:

Stop, don't get sassy with me girl :( you know what that pic means :(
Human arrogance is the source of global warming, we pollute the world all the while complaining about it, but we can't stop because the present is more important than the future.
Mar 31, 2015 7:08 PM

Jan 2009
sammario said:
Remv_quevav said:

that maybe true on oil resources but fracking is being done now instead of drilling oil in the traidtional way, Michio Kaku says ye we will never run out of oil but it will become more expensive

Mankind using Earth's resources at alarming rate

Humanity would need five Earths to produce the resources needed if everyone lived as profligately as Americans, according to a report issued Tuesday.

http://phys.org/news178269435.html
Mar 31, 2015 7:12 PM

Jan 2009
GoldSlash said:
"the cientists" like if they are a mass and thinks all exactly the same. Also, it's authority fallacy.
Just cause i've a computer science degree("a scientist" and says something about algorithms, or technology, it's automatically right? Of course not. Tbh i'm pretty donkey in most of computer topics.

IPCC is dishonest in many ways... Their conclusions are biased.

I don't denied the global warming, i deny "the cause" which is pretty different.

coming with fallacies again, that appeal to authority again, that fallacy is only applicable if the authority is proven to be wrong, and in this case can you prove those scientists wrong?

and ok fair enough you believe in global warming too but a lot of news about it says that it is indeed influence greatly by human pollution/activity
Mar 31, 2015 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
j0x said:
sammario said:

that maybe true on oil resources but fracking is being done now instead of drilling oil in the traidtional way, Michio Kaku says ye we will never run out of oil but it will become more expensive

Mankind using Earth's resources at alarming rate

Humanity would need five Earths to produce the resources needed if everyone lived as profligately as Americans, according to a report issued Tuesday.

http://phys.org/news178269435.html

By who...?

I believe both sides are full of shit, but I know for certain that ever since we finally discovered how to retrieve the vast reserves of oil in a layer called "Barret's Shale" using horizontal drilling techniques and new technologies, our capacity to retrieve oil has vastly increased. This area contains extraordinary amounts of oil which are very tighly locked in the pores of the shale, and before we were not able to distinguish the shale from the oil so we just ignored it. Believe me when I tell you, these studies do not account for how technology is changing. Many different process have been discovered in recent years to efficiently pump oil out of the ground, insuring extremely larger loads than before. Of course, the technology is expensive, so oil will most likely become expensive, but that's just how it goes. Plus, with the rise of things like solar powered houses and electric-powered cars, raw oil will most likely be used for less and less. The technology is already there, we just need to improve upon it and make it more efficient :)
Mar 31, 2015 7:16 PM

Mar 2012
How IPCC operates, is so great.

American Geophysical Union said "observed over the past 50 years"
American Meteorological Society said "of the past half century"
IPCC conclusion = "over the past century".

And sure, half century years of measure, would explain a historical effect which takes long term(centuries to thousand years and unknown variables(butterfly effect applies since we talking climate)).

About, who have to prove, it's a reversal of the charge. First the positive statement has the charge to prove they are correct. The falseability is after.
GoldSlashMar 31, 2015 7:23 PM
Mar 31, 2015 7:17 PM
Nov 2013
I'm pretty sure we won't stop using oil because of scarcity. Is not going to end soon, and we will not end with it. At some point the industry will change its focus to another source.
Mar 31, 2015 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Kolnikov said:
I'm pretty sure we won't stop using oil because of scarcity. Is not going to end soon, and we will not end with it. At some point the industry will change its focus to another source.

Well, like I said earlier, Oil isn't a scarce material. I don't know why this misconception came into being, but oil is very very VERY common on our Earth's surface, the problem is of the random nature of discovering it. Suddenly, a useless piece of land can become worth millions because a ton of oil was recently discovered on it. Sure, we're obviously going to eventually wear down our current oil pumps, but there's always more, believe me.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to respond to your second part, but I agree wholeheartedly! Oil will most likely be used less and less as current technologies become more efficient that they can be sold for commercial use! Oil will still have its place in the world, but it won't be the monopoly it is today!
Mar 31, 2015 7:19 PM

Jan 2015
Glory 2 Stalin & his gulag
Mar 31, 2015 7:26 PM

Jan 2009
GoldSlash said:

About, who have to prove, it's a reversal of the charge. First the positive statement has the charge to prove they are correct. The falseability is after.

the majority though the 97% of climate scientists agrees, and they agree with researches and studies to back it up that is the difference so you just simply cannot shift the burden of proof to this scientists since they already made their part to prove it and continue to refine and test it too now and in the future
Mar 31, 2015 7:36 PM

Mar 2012
What about the rest of statement? "Majority", do i need to remember Galileo?

"the majority though the 97% of climate scientists agrees" said by IPCC, the ones that made "half century measures", becomes "over a entire century".

Also, since we talking climate, what about butterfly effect?? Unknown variables and how they can affect the equation. Long term effect, thousand of years(see ice age), being "proven" with 100% accuracy, within short term data! Great!

Not to mention the model they are using.
GoldSlashMar 31, 2015 7:42 PM
Mar 31, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 2009
Galileos time is different than today though, today we got more better measuring tools and science is more accepted and openly scrutinize this days, peer reviews

about the butterfly effect this recent news that i posted a while ago maybe related to it
Now, scientists believe they’ve untangled the relationship. In a paper published Monday in Nature Climate Change, researchers from the University of Exeter claim to have found direct evidence that as global temperatures rise, so does the atmospheric concentration of greenhouse gases, creating a positive feedback that in turn warms the Earth even more — basically, global warming creates more global warming. http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/03/31/3640700/positive-feedback-except-its-terrifying/
Mar 31, 2015 7:44 PM

Mar 2012
j0x said:

Yeah and i agree with that. Sure temperature is rising, who said otherwise?

Just it's not major human cause, since we not control oceans. If even we have influence, we aren't the "cause".

"Scientists agree that an increase in atmospheric greenhouse gases causes the Earth’s temperature to rise"
Blatantly news. Everyone that completed high school knows that...

But they forgot to say, ""Steam from water comprises up to 70 percent of the total greenhouse effect.".

So, Carbon Dioxide ins't >50 percent and isn't the main cause.

GoldSlashMar 31, 2015 8:03 PM
Mar 31, 2015 7:57 PM

Jun 2014
Remv_quevav said:
The sun controls the climate
So let's blame the sun?

We should blow it up.
Mar 31, 2015 7:59 PM

Jan 2015
There are studies that say that the sun's changing temperature is causing weather alterations of the planet. The rise of CO2 does not coincide 2 the rise of temperature. It also say that CO2 levels were higher in Ice Age than 2day. I can't show the study coz I'm in phone.
Mar 31, 2015 8:05 PM

Mar 2012
@Remv_quevav

Exactly...It's also said that CO2 is the "life gas", the ones that made life have more variability... Without that gas, even the life on Earth couldn't be possible.
Mar 31, 2015 8:45 PM

Dec 2014
GoldSlash said:

"steam from oceans"

that is water vapour you idiot. that evaporates and is part of the water cycle which does not affect global warming at all.

co2 from fossil fuels and methane ARE the main causes

go back to fox news
Mar 31, 2015 8:58 PM

Aug 2009
GoldSlash said:

Wrong forum. But, a drastic change happens every couple hundred years, its completely a natural normal pattern for the earth. We SHOULD worry about the environment and air quality, but not so much about 'global warming'
Mar 31, 2015 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
placid said:
GoldSlash said:

"steam from oceans"

that is water vapour you idiot. that evaporates and is part of the water cycle which does not affect global warming at all.

go back to fox news

says the guy who thinks the worlds going to explode because gas is in the air.

Believe me when I say climate change scientist "assume" so much about their research. There's many random variables that would need to occur for their studies to be true, and not only that, we do not know everything single thing about how our atmosphere works. It's quite possible that we could be wrong, and the reason we go with these studies is only because it makes sense with the information we have right now. There are just too many gaps and general randomness in a climate change scientists "theories" to be considered credible.

Go back to MSNBC, you prick.

P.S I really don't care who you listen to, but considering you seem to dislike a certain news channel simply because they share different opinions than you is absurd. Every news channel has some sort of bias, and a lot of times they twist facts in the favor of that bias, which could end up making the facts incorrect. Don't be a fucking hypocrite.
Apr 1, 2015 6:53 AM

Mar 2012
placid said:

Steam, vapor, vapour, it's the same thing. It's a greenhouse gas too.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/vapor_warming.html

About CO2 is not only from fossil fuels, it's for any burn, like when our forest get in fire(happens a lot in S.America), also when vulcans expels mostly co2, So2 and water vapour, both of these things are uncontrollable.

@dakotasapphire

Yeah much better.
GoldSlashApr 2, 2015 7:27 AM
Apr 9, 2015 9:44 PM

Dec 2014
sammario said:
placid said:

"steam from oceans"

go back to fox news

says the guy who thinks the worlds going to explode because gas is in the air.

Believe me when I say climate change scientist "assume" so much about their research. There's many random variables that would need to occur for their studies to be true, and not only that, we do not know everything single thing about how our atmosphere works. It's quite possible that we could be wrong, and the reason we go with these studies is only because it makes sense with the information we have right now. There are just too many gaps and general randomness in a climate change scientists "theories" to be considered credible.

Go back to MSNBC, you prick.

P.S I really don't care who you listen to, but considering you seem to dislike a certain news channel simply because they share different opinions than you is absurd. Every news channel has some sort of bias, and a lot of times they twist facts in the favor of that bias, which could end up making the facts incorrect. Don't be a fucking hypocrite.

you're a fucking dumbass. fox news denies the existence of global warming altogether. regarding your first sentence, i have no clue what you're talking about; you've clearly mistaken me for some other idiot who shares the same pea-sized cranium with you. go back to the autistic care centre where you belong

GoldSlash said:
placid said:

Steam, vapor, vapour, it's the same thing. It's a greenhouse gas too.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/vapor_warming.html

About CO2 is not only from fossil fuels, it's for any burn, like when our forest get in fire(happens a lot in S.America), also when vulcans expels mostly co2, So2 and water vapour, both of these things are uncontrollable.

@dakotasapphire

Yeah much better.

im talking about global warming. you're talking about the greenhouse effect. get your eyes checked

the natural greenhouse effect does not affect global warming. it involves a balanced exchange of heat between the atmosphere of earth and the space beyond. global warming is the unbalanced absorption of the heat and damaging of the ozone which results in an increasing global temperature

just because you googled some unrelated information on nasa that looks relevant doesnt make your room temperature iq seem more grand

run along retards
Apr 9, 2015 9:56 PM

Jan 2015
It is mostly caused by the farts of cows and the electrical consumption from Al Gore's house. We can't turn Al Gore into a hamburger but.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 6 hours ago

21 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

21 by cosmosreceiver »»
6 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

22 by tsukareru »»
14 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

16 by DesuMaiden »»
43 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

34 by DesuMaiden »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.