Game of Thrones Season 5 General Discussion and Comparison to Books

New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 31, 2015 10:05 PM

Feb 2011
WINTER. FUCKING. CAME.
Jun 1, 2015 1:31 AM

Oct 2011
Where is Bran with all that ruckus north of the Wall?
Jun 1, 2015 2:58 AM

Jun 2011
My fav. ep. so far.. finally the winter came..
if i was in Jon's place.. i would say,

then i change sides :p
looking at the naive Daenerys + the greedy other players (minus stannis) in the game of throne..
i can't have any reaction other than laughing at them with some pity..
Jun 1, 2015 3:12 AM

Oct 2012
BlueKite said:

He isn't appearing this season.
Jun 1, 2015 3:37 AM
Jan 2015
I know this won't last long but your thoughts on the latest game of thrones episode?

That shit was damn crazy!! this is how undead should be lol walking dead take some notes! :D
Jun 1, 2015 3:38 AM

Jan 2015
Finally some action this season. But those whitewalker children...
Jun 1, 2015 3:41 AM
Jan 2015
mgronald said:
Finally some action this season. But those whitewalker children...

I was sad that new lady died, she would of been awesome :(
Jun 1, 2015 3:46 AM

Oct 2011
toyall123 said:
BlueKite said:

He isn't appearing this season.

I know. I hope he makes up for it in the next season
Jun 1, 2015 3:50 AM

Oct 2010
This week's episode sucked.
That damn religious bitch won't give me any water.
Jun 1, 2015 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
Haven't watched this week's ep but I feel like this whole seasons kind of sucks. Or maybe we were just spoiled by the last one because that was easily the best so far.
Jun 1, 2015 4:00 AM
Jun 2014
Cersei said:
This week's episode sucked.
That damn religious bitch won't give me any water.

Lol this season so far has sucked. It's just so slow and boring. I haven't even bothered to watch the last 3 episodes, I'm just watching Arrow now.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jun 1, 2015 4:03 AM

Jan 2015
^^agreed with the two comments above. The first 3 seasons were so good.

Also for you to watch arrow.. That's desperate... :P
Jun 1, 2015 4:15 AM

May 2014
have to agree. this whole season has been a bit slow, and rather episodic.

I think the directors maybe experimenting and diverting from the original storyline laid out in the books

that little stunt by jaime and bronn is not even in the books
Jun 1, 2015 4:20 AM
May 2014
i know nothing
Jun 1, 2015 4:28 AM
Jun 2014
mgronald said:
^^agreed with the two comments above. The first 3 seasons were so good.

Also for you to watch arrow.. That's desperate... :P

Don't diss Arrow yo, every man should aspire to be like Oliver Queen and John Diggle. Arrow is the reason why I'm not up to date with Game of Thrones.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jun 1, 2015 5:49 AM

Aug 2013
Ive got to watch it first
Jun 1, 2015 5:51 AM

Jul 2012
Game of thrones has gotten so steeply worse with each season I've given up on it entirely.

Jump ship m8s
xEmptiness said:
"if we follow what SW is suggesting, nihilism is the conclusion"
Jun 1, 2015 5:55 AM
Mar 2014
Haven't seen it yet. In my opinion, Game of Thrones is Marvel-level cringeworthy.
vegetablespiritJun 1, 2015 5:59 AM
Jun 1, 2015 8:38 AM

Jul 2013
Lol, this episode was the best of the season.
Jun 1, 2015 12:56 PM

Feb 2015
Soul-Master said:
Lol, this episode was the best of the season.

Naa no Stannis so automatic 0/10, and Sansa and Daenarys scenes were shite but White walkers were Kewl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2015 1:08 PM
Sep 2013
Emilia Clarke can't act and that's indeed a fact
Jun 1, 2015 1:27 PM

Dec 2006
Her acting was pretty bad, just looked moreso when seated next to the awesomeness that is peter dinklage.

On another note, the battle was great. We finally get to see the white walker boss(?) Pretty fucking cool shit.
リスト 。。

Jun 1, 2015 2:09 PM
Oct 2011
This. fucking. episode. Holy shit this fucking episode. The production was just fucking amazing. Holy shit.

And typical Game of Thrones: New likeable character introduced. Dies.

Or did she?

Holy fuck this episode.

And finally Dany's scenes are gonna be fun again because Tyrion are gonna be in them. Tyrion best man. Their meeting was pretty cool despite Emilia Clarke's shitty acting.
Candor123Jun 1, 2015 2:15 PM
Jun 1, 2015 2:29 PM

Dec 2006
lol that's hilarious. Yea the CG was very well done for a TV series and I can't wait to see more of the white walkers. I almost felt bad for Cersei this episode, but then I didn't :P. I miss Bran and Hodor man, I remember hearing a while back that we won't be seeing them this season, was hoping it was only bullshit rumor but nothing so far. Hoping for a glimpse of how his 'training' is coming along.
リスト 。。

Jun 1, 2015 2:37 PM
Oct 2011

and spoiler alert:

Oh and there's no more pedophilia in the series, Dany is officially 20 years old. (while she was 13 in the books)

Also lol at [no book spoilers] in the title. < The book had nothing from what happened in this episode. The books at this point were just focusing on fucking irrelevant characters who want to go hunt dragons and Tyrion fucking a dwarf. So basically irrelevant boring uninteresting rage-inducing dumb shit.
Candor123Jun 1, 2015 3:21 PM
Jun 1, 2015 2:43 PM

Sep 2012
HeroKenzan said:
Whitewalker King was like 'Come at me Crow' at the end.

Lol, yes, that's it. Most of the episodes was Walking Dead shit tier. Seriously, I almost fell asleep during Sam's scene, but those last 20 minutes. Hot Damn! Great stuff and cool fight scenes.
Jun 1, 2015 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
it was an amazing ending for sure, considering they have tv budget to work with it looked just like a movie. Dat snow rolling in shot with the creepy music was 10/10 and the horsemen watching. So many great shots and use of music.

Although I couldn't help but think pirates of the Caribbean when I saw those scrawny undead running around with swords.
Jun 1, 2015 3:03 PM

Jan 2014
Well, I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes..........because I kept on having to rewind to see Cersei get smacked in the face, squealing with joy!!!

If nothing else, that is the best scene of Game of Thrones for me.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 1, 2015 3:14 PM
Oct 2011
I just found this:
Jun 1, 2015 3:20 PM

Oct 2013
This entire season is an abomination. Absolutely horrible. Just sucks so bad. I'm extremely disappointed.

I dunno if I wanna watch anymore. If they just bring back the original directors then MAYBE things will be okay. These new directors suck dick.

Wtf was I watching at the end of ep8? walking dead? da fuck? action was horrible just.....*sigh* Thank you HBO for ruining such an amazing show. Its now become something just slightly above generic. I'm so happy yay! More bullshit!

Season 6 is gonna be even worse. I know it.

Btw that woman wildling who seemed to have been pitched as another main character had some the worse acting I've ever seen. so glad she fkn died.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 1, 2015 3:23 PM
Oct 2011
^
nice b8 m8.
Jun 1, 2015 3:29 PM

Mar 2015
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Wtf was I watching at the end of ep8? walking dead? da fuck?

why are you surprised?They have always been part of GoT...hell the show(s1e1) even starts with "introducing" them iirc.
Jun 1, 2015 3:37 PM

Oct 2013
HeroKenzan said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

why are you surprised?They have always been part of GoT...hell the show(s1e1) even starts with "introducing" them iirc.

I dunno. I guess I expected something more epic and scarier than that. The overall feel of it just didn't do it for me. Its the worse big battle in the shows history.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Jun 1, 2015 3:39 PM

Jan 2014
HeroKenzan said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

You do remember correctly. I was always impressed with that intro into the show.

The White Walker thing was cool, but I was expecting the Giant to take down a white walker seeing as he kept some dragon glass. If they were going to predictably kill the wildling lady after showing her kids for sympathy points, they should have gone all the way.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jun 1, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2014
In other news, today is the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce)'s birthday. Happy Birthday you beautiful man, keep on torturing that vile piece of crap known as Cersei.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jun 1, 2015 3:42 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that was some season finale typa a shit with Jon there at the end.

And screw you Danny, my man Jorah is going all in but she keeps rejecting him, let the man serve.
Jun 1, 2015 3:48 PM
Oct 2011
I'm still waiting for Jaime's reaction when he hears what happened to Cersi. I feel it hasn't been foreshadowed enough so I think they'll cut off what he did at the end of the 4th book. Still hoping they'll include it though, it was literally the only saving grace of that bullcrap of a book.
Jun 1, 2015 3:51 PM

Mar 2015
daAmazinFatB0y said:
HeroKenzan said:

I dunno. I guess I expected something more epic and scarier than that. The overall feel of it just didn't do it for me. Its the worse big battle in the shows history.

Ah I see well maybe some epic shit is yet to common,when they attack big time in the next season,I'd say that this was more of a tease.

Btw can anybody see it happening that the WW will "revive" or make a Dragon one of them (It doesn't need to be one of Dannys)?I mean how crazy would it be if the WW attack the wall with a freaking Icedragon.

Candor said:
I'm still waiting for Jaime's reaction when he hears what happened to Cersi. I feel it hasn't been foreshadowed enough so I think they'll cut off what he did at the end of the 4th book. Still hoping they'll include it though, it was literally the only saving grace of that bullcrap of a book.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd change it ...as it hasn't been foreshadowed at all.
_HeroKenzan_Jun 1, 2015 3:55 PM
Jun 1, 2015 4:01 PM

Dec 2006
HeroKenzan said:
Btw can anybody see it happening that the WW will "revive" or make a Dragon one of them (It doesn't need to be one of Dannys)?I mean how crazy would it be if the WW attack the wall with a freaking Icedragon.

I was instantly reminded of WoW's frostwyrms. That would be fucking sick.
[spoiler]
リスト 。。

Jun 1, 2015 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
HeroKenzan said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Ah I see well maybe some epic shit is yet to common,when they attack big time in the next season,I'd say that this was more of a tease.

Ice dragon would be freakin cool tho I kinda want em to keep dragons with Daenerys and only with Deanerys. I don't want a billion dragons all over the place. I wanna keep them rare so they have more of an impact.

I just wish they'd get rid of these new directors. The show would be SOO much better without them. That's my biggest complaint! I can guarantee that this latest fight would have been off the fkn rails if the old directors did it.

Most people think the opposite but Ep 1-4 imo, were the best episodes this season. They had the Game Of Thrones feel though the entire season is clearly rushed. Its missing the really small details and sub stories that the previous seasons had. the spark is no longer there.

The whole wildling meeting was crap as well. When all the wildings standing about just looked like a bunch of random people dressed as wildlings. There was nothing that felt threatning. Though the Lord Of Bones gettin his ass handed to him was brilliant! and that Then man lol He did NOT look the part.

The reason I'm fretting about it so much is because pretty much every show these days that mess up like that tend to continue messing up and they just get worse and worse as time goes on.

Supernatural & Vampire Diaries for example. They suck so bad now.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Jun 1, 2015 4:35 PM

Mar 2015
Kira said:
HeroKenzan said:

I was instantly reminded of WoW's frostwyrms. That would be fucking sick.
[spoiler]

Yeah I was thinking about something along the lines of this. :D

daAmazinFatB0y said:

Ice dragon would be freakin cool tho I kinda want em to keep dragons with Daenerys and only with Deanerys. I don't want a billion dragons all over the place. I wanna keep them rare so they have more of an impact.

You have a point,one of the reasons why the ending to season 1 was so epic,was because there weren't any dragons before and it was a big game changer for the overall story.The only way I could see it happening is IF Dannys Dragon clash with the WW.Otherwise it would be way too easy for (both of) them to take over Westeros.

I agree with the rest you wrote aswell.And I feel that the slow pacing also make the world feel so unconnected.
One of the reasons that made GoT so great was the brilliant use of the ripple effect.An event in Kingslading could effect another event at the wall etc...
But now nothing really happens and it feels like all the storylines are kinda unattached,maybe with the exception of Winterfell but that's only because a battle is inevitable.

And wtf is with Balon Greyjoy?We haven't seen him since he recived Theon's "toy" back in season 3 iirc.
Jun 1, 2015 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
HeroKenzan said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

You have a point,one of the reasons why the ending to season 1 was so epic,was because there weren't any dragons before and it was a big game changer for the overall story.The only way I could see it happening is IF Dannys Dragon clash with the WW.Otherwise it would be way too easy for (both of) them to take over Westeros.

I agree with the rest you wrote aswell.And I feel that the slow pacing also make the world feel so unconnected.
One of the reasons that made GoT so great was the brilliant use of the ripple effect.An event in Kingslading could effect another event at the wall etc...
But now nothing really happens and it feels like all the storylines are kinda unattached,maybe with the exception of Winterfell but that's only because a battle is inevitable.

And wtf is with Balon Greyjoy?We haven't seen him since he recived Theon's "toy" back in season 3 iirc.

I'm guessing there gonna give him a bigger part next season. Its the most predictable thing to do after all lol. I'm okay with the pacing tbh. it didn't feel slow to me at all during episode 1-4. Season 1 pacing was slow though great. I dunno why people are complaining about this season. Hell, Ep.5 and on wards are going TOO fast.

The story's does seem disconnected. The death of Tywin didn't make a shred of impact anywhere when you think about it and he was a BIG deal!

Pointing everything to the side except characters seperate storylines. . I'm really disapointed in Arya's story. She was my favourite character out the whole cast. She was so cool but now she's just so borig to watch. Its the actress's fault though of course, its just the way its done.

However I'm a little excited about Tyrion meeting Daenerys! It was cool seeing that and there gonna cause a HUGE raucous in the future. My only gripe is the meeting just wasn't epic enough. It felt like it could have played out differently. I think Daenerys should have forgiven Ser Jorah but not put him by her side like beforebut instead, put him at the lowest rank possible and force him to work his way up in order to regain her trust and his pride.

But that's just me.

Also those religious pricks man. I hate them. They ruin the show. Tbh I hate the view on religious people in general, considering I'm a religious man myself. They always make us look so stupid. as if we have no mind of our own and only the ones who tell god to go screw himself do lol So inaccurate and stuffed with fabrication.

Though I better stop there lol I dont wanna start a religious argument with anyone.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Jun 1, 2015 5:34 PM

Feb 2013
Plz Sam don't jinx it , knew shit was going to go down when he said this

Also glad Giant survived, crushing walkers with his feet, what a beast

+ fun little thing I found on reddit:

In the fight between the White Walker and Jon Snow there was a moment where the clashing of their weapons sung as they clashed. A clash of Valyrian Steel and a blade made of magical ice.
It was a Song of Ice and Fire.
it finally happened
ChampJun 1, 2015 5:41 PM
Jun 3, 2015 5:17 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah I don't like the whole concept of the white walkers but the second half of the episode was pretty intense and interesting. Best episode of the season so far.
And damn that new character was pretty likeable to me.

Haven't read the books, but I think this may be the end of Cersei, at least in the show. Also, the fact that Jaime (who would be the only one to defend her since her son is a worthless wimp) is away right now is kind of pointing in that direction imo. Still, I hope I am false, since she is one of the few interesting characters right now.

Candor said:

And finally Dany's scenes are gonna be fun again because Tyrion are gonna be in them. Tyrion best man. Their meeting was pretty cool despite Emilia Clarke's shitty acting.

Do you mean her acting in a specific part of the scene? I find her acting pretty average tbh, unless I wasn't paying enough attention. I am just curious since I haven't seen anyone thinking her acting is that bad.
Jun 3, 2015 7:16 AM

Feb 2015
danae17 said:

Do you mean her acting in a specific part of the scene? I find her acting pretty average tbh, unless I wasn't paying enough attention. I am just curious since I haven't seen anyone thinking her acting is that bad.

Her acting is always pretty shitty most like her cause tits, despite Margaery being hotter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2015 9:27 AM

Mar 2014
Royalirishman said:

Her acting is always pretty shitty most like her cause tits, despite Margaery being hotter.

I always find it funny how many fans get so excited when tits are shown in this series as if they have never seen in their personal life or in porn. Like in the previous episode with the sandsnake girl everyone went batshit crazy.
Margaery cannot even be compared- at least I believe she is a better actress. However I think we must also take into account the fact that Daenerys' character doesn't have many difficulties regarding the interpretation, since all she basically does is give orders and say that she is the mother of dragons.
Jun 3, 2015 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
I wonder if cercie is gonna call for a trial by combat and use zombie mountain as rep.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 3, 2015 10:48 AM

Mar 2015
black1blade said:
I wonder if cercie is gonna call for a trial by combat and use zombie mountain as rep.

With the focus on "religion" this season,I think they will rather go for Trial of seven.
Or who knows,maybe the Hound survived somehow aswell and we get Clegane vs Clegane :D
Jun 3, 2015 11:31 AM

Feb 2015
HeroKenzan said:
Clegane vs Clegane :D

Would save season

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3385 by lcee_15 »»
40 minutes ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 2 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
3 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
3 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.