Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
WTF is that news statement that Slaine is the one who plotted the assassination of the princess!!!???? BULLSHIT!!!!
Mar 28, 2015 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Savethebestforu said:
Hopefully Darklight can return to spamming the Fairy Tail forums now that this is over. I feel that the characters in that show are a lot more up his alley in terms of complexity.

Sorry I had to get that out. I had been waiting all season.

Deadoptimist said:

I guess it's time for us all to be banned anyways, right? Tachii-senpai I'm ready...

It's time! Time for end of all ends! I agree, I am quite ready for it too. Let's turn this thread into a proper Armageddon. (And if we come back it will be timeskip and postapocalypse, isn't it awesome?)
Nov 2013
I don't understand. What.

Jun 2012
kymano said:

Handful of people?? He had his Moonbase infiltrated , had Martians die to protect the princess, had Martians die fighting for Vers, had Martians die for him.That was not a handful of people, he had Counts,Knights and more than 3/4 of Vers empire under his control.If that didnt make Slaine the greatest Vers' political leader then i'd like to see who is.

Stop engaging Darklight0303, that's a dead end from which nothing can be gained.

Jan 2013
Wow. That last episode didn't make any sense at all. We still don't know what Slaine's objective was. We never got to know that. And now he's being imprisoned until he dies or what? Then having been killed whould've been the better option, if you ask me. Inaho and Asseylum didn't meet consciously even once. And she's still supposed to marry Count Cruhteo's son? Seriously?
I have to say I'm not satisfied at all. There are so many questions left unanswered and they just somewhat forced a happy ending. What a shame...

Mar 28, 2015 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
So, everything ended well, I guess.

I'm a bit disappointed that Asseylum really did marry a random guy for political reasons and totally abandoned the guy that saved her and the world.

I'm disappointed that Lemrina was just sent away like that. I kinda warmed up to her, even though she liked Slaine.

But Slaine rots in jail knowing how much he failed as a human being, so overall it's not bad. And the perspective of a sequel is interesting. There are still Martian Knights occupying areas of Earth and some fleed so there are some more enemies... wait a minute... MASAKA!... LEMRINA! She's gonna come back for Slaine! Holy sh-...!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Mar 28, 2015 12:08 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
NorthBayAnime said:
Vindstot said:

Overall, not too impressive. 5-6/10. Best thing about this show has been the OSTs and the mech choreography.

You have to admit that even the music in the 2nd cour was overused and extremely limited. Every time the song No Differences started playing in a battle scene i cringed.

Yeah, I agree. While I really like the OSTs used in the series, would've preferred some variations in the second cour.

Mar 28, 2015 12:09 PM
Sep 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
WTF is that news statement that Slaine is the one who plotted the assassination of the princess!!!???? BULLSHIT!!!!

Don't you understand?

Slaine is at fault for everything ever.

#BlameSlaine
Mar 28, 2015 12:10 PM

Apr 2008
kymano said:
Darklight0303 said:

A great political leader earns the loyalty of more than a handful of people. This is what you don't seem to comprehend.

Handful of people?? He had his Moonbase infiltrated , had Martians die to protect the princess, had Martians die fighting for Vers, had Martians die for him.That was not a handful of people, he had Counts,Knights and more than 3/4 of Vers empire under his control.If that didnt make Slaine the greatest Vers' political leader then i'd like to see who is.

What happened leading up to his castle of lies being exposed doesn't count, buddy.
Mar 28, 2015 12:10 PM
Jun 2014
The ending is so plain.
Mar 28, 2015 12:11 PM
Sep 2014
Stark700 said:
Wait a minute...

What's this countdown?
just checked this thing is for a radio program for aldnoah zero, still no news on season 3

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Ever heard of suicide squads. That's what that last stupid charge was. Out of the entire powerbase only a handful of people actually disobeyed orders. That shows how admired Slaine was.

And they die for a good idea, inspiring which is a trait of a good leader. Seriously, it's a no brainer. And all the remaining forces under his direct command returned.

Aug 2013
julyachan said:
No one gets the princess (Inaho or Slaine), because she fell in love with a random guy that was introduced just 2 episodes ago.
Princess you are the worst character in this show so far.

FUCK THIS SHIT.
Im gonna watch Durarara and see Shizu chan breaking everything (this is what I want to do with the producers of this shitty show).
çç

I'm going to watch some random harem for some mindless MC fawning to get over my salt at a lack of InahoxPrincess.
Sep 2014
Vindstot said:
NorthBayAnime said:

You have to admit that even the music in the 2nd cour was overused and extremely limited. Every time the song No Differences started playing in a battle scene i cringed.

Yeah, I agree. While I really like the OSTs used in the series, would've preferred some variations in the second cour.

I really like the OST too! They didn't even play the song Vers 0 ffs! Ugh so much face palm anger.
Mar 28, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2008
ErenxMikasa said:
julyachan said:
No one gets the princess (Inaho or Slaine), because she fell in love with a random guy that was introduced just 2 episodes ago.

FUCK THIS SHIT.
Im gonna watch Durarara and see Shizu chan breaking everything (this is what I want to do with the producers of this shitty show).
çç

I'm going to watch some random harem for some mindless MC fawning to get over my salt at a lack of InahoxPrincess.

DXD season three is coming up in april too :P
Mar 28, 2015 12:12 PM

Oct 2010
Savethebestforu said:
Hopefully Darklight can return to spamming the Fairy Tail forums now that this is over. I feel that the characters in that show are a lot more up his alley in terms of complexity.

Sorry I had to get that out. I had been waiting all season.
XD
Mar 28, 2015 12:13 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:
Ever heard of suicide squads. That's what that last stupid charge was. Out of the entire powerbase only a handful of people actually disobeyed orders. That shows how admired Slaine was.

And they die for a good idea, inspiring which is a trait of a good leader. Seriously, it's a no brainer. And all the remaining forces under his direct command returned.

All the remaining forces? It was a single squad. His castle sure didn't join that final glorious charge. Could've droven that thing at the Deucalion in one last blazing act of glory but no. A single squad comes back to fight and die for their deluded leader.
Mar 28, 2015 12:14 PM

Jun 2013
So both MC's got fucked over by the same girl...ok

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
ErenxMikasa said:

DXD season three is coming up in april too :P

Oh ya, there's plenty of goodies coming this spring, many of which fit that description.

Also wouldn't it have been even more of a symbol of peace if Asseylum married Inaho, a terran?

Jul 2014
NorthBayAnime said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

Don't you understand?

Slaine is at fault for everything ever.

#BlameSlaine

I rarely risk baiting on this topic, but it's the last episode and I've been called out on this again today, so I'll venturee forth. This is a complex situation for me. Usually my country is blamed for everything. So, I guess, now Russia and Slaine have to divide the spheres of blameness. Well, we've been in one line with ISIS and freaking ebola bacteria, so now it's 140 mil. of people and one green-eyed anime guy.
Mar 28, 2015 12:15 PM

Apr 2014
ErenxMikasa said:
No AsseylumxInaho. I am very salty. Marrying this dude from nowhere just adds to my salt.

julyachan said:

I really feel the both of you. But I should've had known that this was gonna happened.
Because Sora Amamiya ([s]Asshit[/s] Asseylum Vers Allusia.) said she wasn't in love with neither Inaho or Slaine. She's just a slut obsessed with Earth.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 28, 2015 12:15 PM
Sep 2013
So that's the end of that. A very weak end like If Slaine tried to pull a lelouch that its all his fault and he died expect, hes in a prison. So princess is really going to marry this pretty much random guy ok. No season 3 let this close for good. 6/10.
Mar 28, 2015 12:16 PM

May 2013
Alnoah Zero/10
Mar 28, 2015 12:17 PM
Aug 2014
The only villain in here is Asseylum. She must be purged.
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:

What happened leading up to his castle of lies being exposed doesn't count, buddy.

Castle of lies, i told you before, once at a stage of political power that meant nothing.Slaine surrendered because he was loyal to Asseylum who ordered it, by Vers' laws Slaine would not have went to prison nor did he deserve to, did you not watch the Ending, they BLAMED Slaine for attempting to assassinate Asseylum.They had to create LIES AND NEGATIVE PROPAGANDA to imprison him.

Nov 2011
Awesome show
Full of plot twist
9/10
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 28, 2015 12:18 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
kymano said:

They even had Slaine do the ending scene because the writers knew SLAINE CARRIED THAT SHOW.

Your delusion is really showing

So wait you think Inaho carried the show? Yes, he was amazing at battle but that's about it. And half of the show was "politics" (again, we have to put quotation cause that ain't politics at all) which was the most exciting part.

Slaine carried the show, if it wasn't for him this anime would've gone lower than 4 to a 2/10.
Mar 28, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Cruhteo and Sauzbaum both had a suitable charisma to them and the latter the potential to develop into a more interesting antagonist if they had actually allowed his storyline to continue.

Oh, I agree. A rare case of fine, attractive and interesting older characters. It seems that Saazbaum was meant to play bigger part, considering that Slaine shows his gesture in his, as he thinks, final moments. He also quotes the guy. The younger Cruhteo makes me think that Cruhteo the senior wasn't suuposed to die so early.
Too bad thay were dropped, extremely bad that the boring terran side characters remained.

And about the Gundam type of story - I am not familiar with it, but this type of story is also well represented in literature. It's jarring how much they have failed.
Mar 28, 2015 12:19 PM

Apr 2008
kymano said:
Darklight0303 said:

Castle of lies, i told you before, once at a stage of political power that meant nothing.Slaine surrendered because he was loyal to Asseylum who ordered it, by Vers' laws Slaine would not have went to prison nor did he deserve to, did you not watch the Ending, they BLAMED Slaine for attempting to assassinate Asseylum.They had to create LIES AND NEGATIVE PROPAGANDA to imprison him.
kymano said:
Darklight0303 said:

Slaine surrendered because he knew his powerbase was fucked and he couldn't hope to achieve anything. Then he decided to try and run away from the responsibility by throwing himself on Inaho's sword metaphorically. You continue to live in that fanfiction of yours even now just like I predicted you would.
Mar 28, 2015 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
Kokko said:
Alnoah Zero/10

Amen

/EndThread
Mar 28, 2015 12:21 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
kymano said:

kymano said:

Slaine surrendered because he knew his powerbase was fucked and he couldn't hope to achieve anything. Then he decided to try and run away from the responsibility by throwing himself on Inaho's sword metaphorically. You continue to live in that fanfiction of yours even now just like I predicted you would.

Hey Dark, sorry to say this but lots of us have witness you trying to delude yourself to your fanfictions. You've been making fanfictions ever since the season started. Like, this will happen, definitely happen, if not then this.
So you can't really use the "fanfiction" argument unless you wanna label yourself as a hypocrite.
Mar 28, 2015 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
deadoptimist said:
Hi. ^^

Oh god. I'll miss your weekly write-ups in these forums. I'm tearing up :'(

deadoptimist said:
Yeah, Harklight, Baroucruz, Stygis guys and Lemrina - people, who were into battle and took it seriously - were so much easier to watch. Baroucruz opened up from unexpected side - he is a good honorable warrior.
On the other hand seeing the terran cast girls squal and scatter in space... somehow... was annoying. And Marito battling as equal with Hershel is too much.

Something about the Vers characters was so mysterious and interesting, probably by no effort from the writers. There was practically none of that with Earth's characters. High school girls squealing in a space battle just takes me out of the moment, you know? Like, after a while in the fight I realized that none of the supporting cast was gonna die and I was sooooo disappointed. All season I had to endure their shit and I convinced myself that one of them was going to die. I didn't even get that.

Haha Marito. His character didn't even need to be shown the last 5-6 episodes, because he stopped making sense. He is fighting toe-to-toe with Martians IN SPACE? Yeah...no.

Savethebestforu said:
-Dr. Troyard was also never even discussed after episode 8. Why did they scrap this story? They had a 24 EPISODES to gloss over something, ANYTHING that he did.

deadoptimist said:
And now they mention his research! Have they not reread the ending speech or have they opted for it simply because of the line about the irony, even though they scrapped his plotline? Bizarrely bad.

I also found that pretty ironic. They ignored his entire backstory and then ended up mentioning that he was right concerning his research. There was so many questions that I wanted answered about his motivations into traveling to space with his 10 year old son. [/quote]

deadoptimist said:
Other than that the facts that breaks me the most is that the terrans are somehow fine with the losses, the knights disobey the princess and it's ok and that Earth gets aldnoah - is it finite or do they grow the shit? If they grow it, why can't they terraform?

Thinking about this is putting 2x the effort than the writers did. I wouldnt waste my time.

deadoptimist said:
I dearly hope I will manage to stay away from the next season.
Mar 28, 2015 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
fourbucks said:
I feel sad for slaine. it would've been better if he died, now he'll rot in jail for the rest of his life.

there's no way in hell, a war criminal will get a second chance in life.

5/10 for me.

Hmm, as far as I remember Napoleon managed something after his first exile.
Mar 28, 2015 12:24 PM

Apr 2008
OfficialMikoSM said:
Darklight0303 said:

Hey Dark, sorry to say this but lots of us have witness you trying to delude yourself to your fanfictions. You've been making fanfictions ever since the season started. Like, this will happen, definitely happen, if not then this.
So you can't really use the "fanfiction" argument unless you wanna label yourself as a hypocrite.

Oh but I can. Because every single theory I posted could have happened. Whereas Kymano's desperate bids to vilify everyone except Slaine without ANY kind of basis from the show itself do qualify as fanfiction.

Aug 2010
Seems legally and morally abhorrent that they are blaming the assassination on Slaine. Also, they made him a legally dead person by announcing it to the world while still keeping in in jail. Also likely they put him in without a public trial.

He did far lesser crimes compared to the Nazi's yet somehow is treated worse than them because at least they weren't spirited away to a secret prison and actually had a public trial.
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:

Yeah, Harklight, Baroucruz, Stygis guys and Lemrina - people, who were into battle and took it seriously - were so much easier to watch. Baroucruz opened up from unexpected side - he is a good honorable warrior.
On the other hand seeing the terran cast girls squal and scatter in space... somehow... was annoying. And Marito battling as equal with Hershel is too much.

Yeah Yuki-nee soloing the Herschel was beyond retarded. The amount of plot armour the terribly boring supporting Deucalion crew have didn't just kill all the tension but made the battles cringeworthy to watch.

Inb4 one of the usual Slaine hating moron says Herschel was only OP because Slaine sucks, even though Slaine more or less fought to a draw with Inaho with 2 blades and without Tharsis precognition while the Sleipnir was decked out with dozens of blades, a makeshift shield and dozens of slash harkens. If Slaine was piloting the Dioscuria Inaho would have been stomped so hard it wouldn't even have been funny.
Mar 28, 2015 12:25 PM

Oct 2014
Oh plez no don't die thread ;_;

Jan 2015
"Could Have" happened
It ended darklight, none of your theories or in this case fanfiction came into action to this anime.
Mar 2013
potato/10
Mar 28, 2015 12:26 PM
Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
OfficialMikoSM said:

Oh but I can. Because every single theory I posted could have happened. Whereas Kymano's desperate bids to vilify everyone except Slaine without ANY kind of basis from the show itself do qualify as fanfiction.
Because you are the main person trying to mark Slaine as a psychotic ruler who got power hungry. He did a great job overall fitting for the protagonist.
Mar 28, 2015 12:27 PM

Feb 2013
[quote=MonadoRudra]
deadoptimist said:
Savethebestforu said:

Yeah Yuki-nee soloing the Herschel was beyond retarded. The amount of plot armour the terribly boring supporting cast have didn't just kill all the tension but made the battles cringeworthy to watch.

Inb4 one of the usual Slaine hating moron says Herschel was only OP because Slaine sucks, even though Slaine more or less fought to a draw with Inaho with 2 blades and without Tharsis precognition while the Sleipnir was decked out with dozens of blades, a makeshift shield and dozens of slash harkens.

And of cource don't forget the "god's eye" that actually did all the work for him this season

Mar 2013
Naga_Sage said:
potato/10

^potato

this maked my day dude.

hahahaha

Mar 2011
But Slaine did terrible things, he himself admits it at the end of this episode.
Mar 28, 2015 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
1: Death would have been a mercy. Him living is much more cruel and fitting so I am glad I am wrong. Hell the fucker actually wanted to run away from it all, the consequences of his deeds and die at the hands of the person he wronged first.

Btw, do you know that what they did with him is emotional porn and you condoning it and, as it seems, even enjoying it so much puts you on the same level as the worst king of fujoshi (the ones that like rape scenarios)? Now you only need to learn to like the yaoi sex scenes and you're ready for the upcoming fanfiction influx.
Mar 28, 2015 12:29 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:

You write more fanfictions than me man, Slaine surrendered because Asseylum considered Vers' defeat, if Asseylum had not made that broadcast, Slaine would have totally annihilated the UFE using the Counts assault.Dont even bother with Inaho scene Slaine turned off his prediction because he doesnt care anymore.
You still fail to see that Asseylum is not even close to being as better as a leader as Slaine, even in the Ending it is mentioned that Counts REJECTS Asseylum an still occupies Earth.So even in assumed death,Slaine is still respected.

Apr 2008
OfficialMikoSM said:
"Could Have" happened
It ended darklight, none of your theories or in this case fanfiction came into action to this anime.

His powerbase crumbled the moment the Princess revealed herself.

The princess completely rejected everything he had achieved and done.

Yes clearly none of my theories came true. Go troll elsewhere. You were never even a player in this competition.
Jan 2011
lol has slaine ever truly been happy? well at least we know what his dad tried to do.

the alcoholic guy survived, and even though he wasn't a great character, i'm happy he lived. the rest of the earth forces though...

slaine's minions are so dumb. the guy was going to go down with the ship, and you turn around?! it was a touching moment, but i rather have them live than die. i mean don't they know earth forces magically got skills and better gundams than them?

the peaceful count got a happy ending which was nice. what happened to the other (and much better) princess?

well i knew inaho was unstoppable, and if slaine would fight him, he would lose. but the fight was so one sided and lame.

aldnoah tech will now proliferate throughout earth, which is a good thing. but i wonder how it will be used for more evil things if there is a next season. another downside is that it loses it's special uniqueness, but i guess that doesn't matter anyway when earth gundams can match or outmatch the martian ones.

the princess is an innocent troll if you ask me. she went down to earth which sparked the conflict. two guys constantly fighting for her, and constantly saved by them. she has no idea how peace actually works, but she must have some special aldnoah magic to make it so at the end of the season! she gets to live happily ever after, slaine gets the blame, inaho loses a member of his harem, and she remains at the top of the food chain. it's like what they say, the rich get richer. well played princess.

overall the series dropped in quality, and the only reason i watch it was for the martians, and the gundams. a lot of the characters were boring or plain bad, and the only one that really held my attention was slaine.
Mar 28, 2015 12:30 PM

Feb 2013
Raziel1991 said:
But Slaine did terrible things, he himself admits it at the end of this episode.

tell me someone who doesn't do terrible things at a war...

Apr 2014
OfficialMikoSM said:

Slaine carried the show, if it wasn't for him this anime would've gone lower than 4 to a 2/10.

Nah don't defend Slaine here. Because All of the characters and the Anime Show itself turned into shit after Episode 11.
Haters always gonna hate.

Jun 2014
This episode was the best episode this show gave us, it had the least amount of inconsistencies and random plot conveniences, I was going to give it a 4/10, but I like solid endings, so I gave this show 6/10

Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

695 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.