Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2015 4:37 PM
Mar 2015
On the hunt for a good female/female romance but everything available seems to be about 15 year old girls with short skirts and giant boobs. Any recommendations for yuri/shoujo-ai(using these for lack of better terms) that are aimed at women(or at least don't pander to straight adult men?). Bonus points for series that aren't set in high school.
Mar 22, 2015 4:56 PM

Dec 2013
Theres not many Yuri/shoujo-ai anime to begin with. Its one of my fav types of shows so i'll list the ones i know of.

Aoi Hana (fairly serious and dramatic story about a girl in love with her best friend)
Sasameki Koto (Aoi Hana and this are extremely similar with similar art and story. Sasameki Koto has a lot more comedy in it though)
Kannazuki no Miko (this one is aimed more towards men, but i felt the relationship is so good that its worth a watch. It's too bad the giant robots from the moon sort of ruin the vibe of the show.....would of been so much more interesting if they used magic or something.)
Strawberry Panic (All girl private school. Lesbians everywhere. It's pretty dramatic with very little comedy)
Yuru Yuri (Slice of life comedy with lesbians. It's extremely funny)
Sakura Trick (Another Slice of life comedy, but the Yuri is much more in the forefront)
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (this one is a psuedo gender bender..[he transforms into a girl and thats now his gender] which then begins a love triangle between the girl he likes and his childhood friend. All around its....so-so)
Mar 22, 2015 4:57 PM

Jan 2009
Dear Brother
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Mar 22, 2015 5:18 PM

Nov 2014
Definitely Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto.

There's also Maria-sama ga Miteru but the "relationships" are idealized and mostly platonic.
Mar 22, 2015 9:45 PM

May 2012
You'd be better off with manga. Try Maka-Maka, Yuri Hime, and The Sea, You, and the Sun. These are hentai titles, but they focus much more on the relationships than the sex.
SeijiSenseiMar 22, 2015 9:50 PM

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 5 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
3 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
3 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.