Mar 24, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2012
No TTGL is a 3. d o n o t
End Zionazism
Mar 24, 2015 6:07 PM

Jan 2015
I gave gurren lagan another chance and i was like oh shit
im considering giving klk another chance too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2015 6:11 PM
Mar 2015
My rule is give every show the first 6-8 episodes to interest you. But for Gurren Lagann and KLK, just stick with it. Trigger only goes upward from the start.
Mar 24, 2015 6:17 PM

Feb 2015
Why are we the ones to decide what u do?
Mar 24, 2015 6:53 PM

Jun 2013
As a a HUGE fan of the show, I highly recommend you finish it.
Mar 24, 2015 8:32 PM

Sep 2013
Gurren Lagann is fricken great. Until the ending. Don't watch the ending. Kill la Kill honestly bored me halfway through.
Mar 24, 2015 9:00 PM

Jul 2010
I thought TTGL was very overrated and dropped it 9 episodes in.
Mar 25, 2015 5:45 PM

Apr 2014
Battlechili1 said:
TTGL starts out poor and gets better as it goes on (although episode 4 isn't just poor; its shit tier bad done by a different director).
Kill La Kill is disappointing from beginning to end.

TTGL starts out ok actually, then completely loses all sense.
Mar 25, 2015 9:28 PM

Jun 2014
NHRoccodog said:
Why are we the ones to decide what u do?

We are the beginning and the end. We are all and we are nothing. We are weaboos.
Mar 25, 2015 9:50 PM

Aug 2009
I really can vouch for Gurren Laggan. ^^ Really got good at some point. :] (not going to tell you when)
I don't know about Kill La Kill, its fairly amusing to me, but I can't say its your cup of tea.
Mar 26, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
Old_Raven said:
Gurren Lagann is fricken great. Until the ending. Don't watch the ending. Kill la Kill honestly bored me halfway through.

What was wrong with the ending-it was awesome!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 26, 2015 1:05 PM

Sep 2014
Old_Raven said:

what?
the last episode is the single best episode of all anime ever
the ending is simply beautiful, don't listen to this bullshit
Mar 26, 2015 3:31 PM

Sep 2013
black1blade said:
Old_Raven said:

THAT'S what's wrong with it. They were better off living underground, making the whole story not just pointless, but a step in the goddamn wrong direction.
Mar 26, 2015 4:36 PM

Mar 2014
I enjoyed Kill La Kill a lot and liked the art style. Give it another try and watch
another 5 episodes.
Mar 26, 2015 4:47 PM

Sep 2014
Old_Raven said:
black1blade said:

THAT'S what's wrong with it. They were better off living underground, making the whole story not just pointless, but a step in the goddamn wrong direction.

Honestly, the ending makes me laugh. X'-D
That's a "Gainax" ending. And that's not why I can't stand this anime.
Mar 26, 2015 6:03 PM

Apr 2013
I always believe that KLK was not as manly as TTGL, and it was not as crazy as PSG
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Mar 27, 2015 12:25 PM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Movie: Gurren-hen board.
Jun 30, 2015 12:40 PM

Mar 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Do not be deceived.

If you are not a pre-buscent boy with esteem issues, Gurren Lagann is not for you.
KlK actually tells a story with memorable characters and a more intricate plot. It's not just "moh spiral power!", the fights are actually interesting with actual dynamics.

Basically, for anyone who watched it as an adult, TTGL is just decent. Crappy middle, but still decent.

Way to generalize the shit out of people.

I liked TTGL more because it was a lot more epic. Both series were going for "over-the-top" and TTGL just did that better. I disagree with KLK having more memorable characters (eg. Kamina & Nina). I also found them to be equally funny (maybe KlK a bit more because of its clothing elements).

I do agree though, that Ragyo was a better villain and KlK's OST was better (although it's been a while since I've heard TTGL's). I also thoroughly enjoyed KlK, loved it like I loved TTGL. I don't really understand the hate it's getting.

Old_Raven said:

I don't really understand your last comment either, idk how it's a step in the wrong direction when the entire species was able to move forward as a species, living in a civilized era and whatnot.
Jun 30, 2015 1:27 PM

Jan 2014
jreginald said:

Way to generalize the shit out of people.

I liked TTGL more because it was a lot more epic. Both series were going for "over-the-top" and TTGL just did that better. I disagree with KLK having more memorable characters (eg. Kamina & Nina). I also found them to be equally funny (maybe KlK a bit more because of its clothing elements).

I do agree though, that Ragyo was a better villain and KlK's OST was better (although it's been a while since I've heard TTGL's). I also thoroughly enjoyed KlK, loved it like I loved TTGL. I don't really understand the hate it's getting.

Wow. Didn't think it would be taken that seriously, but yeah I was exaggerating in response to some other comments. People can prefer one to the other.

As for some of your points, I don't think that "Over-The-Top" is really something that can be quantified between series. If you are talking about the scale, then KlK was obviously going for something much more small scale than TTGL, so I think they are completely incomparable in that regard. It would be silly for KlK to go for exploding galaxies.

And honestly your examples of memorable characters didn't do much because my automatic reaction was "of course Kamina and.....who the heck was Nina again?" 2 (subbing in Simon) hardly makes up for the images that instantly come to mind when anyone mentions Satsuki, or Ragyo, or Mako or Gamagoori, or Nui.
It was really just more of a general observation that when it comes to GL, Kamina or Simon are all that really come to viewers' minds, while mutliple characters do so for KlK.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 30, 2015 1:32 PM

Dec 2012
jreginald said:

Jun 30, 2015 2:04 PM

Mar 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Wow. Didn't think it would be taken that seriously, but yeah I was exaggerating in response to some other comments. People can prefer one to the other.

As for some of your points, I don't think that "Over-The-Top" is really something that can be quantified between series. If you are talking about the scale, then KlK was obviously going for something much more small scale than TTGL, so I think they are completely incomparable in that regard. It would be silly for KlK to go for exploding galaxies.

And honestly your examples of memorable characters didn't do much because my automatic reaction was "of course Kamina and.....who the heck was Nina again?" 2 (subbing in Simon) hardly makes up for the images that instantly come to mind when anyone mentions Satsuki, or Ragyo, or Mako or Gamagoori, or Nui.
It was really just more of a general observation that when it comes to GL, Kamina or Simon are all that really come to viewers' minds, while mutliple characters do so for KlK.

By "over-the-top", I'm talking about the outrageous/ridiculous vibe both shows give off. Be it from their speech, comedy, fight scenes, whatever it may be. The same excitement I had with TTGL was also there with KlK.

I meant Nia lol X_X

Mixing up her name doesn't really help my case but Nia is one of the most memorable characters to me, speaking in terms of all anime.

I will agree that KlK had more memorable characters (I friggin' loved Mako and her family, Gamagoori, Satsuki)
but TTGL also had its fair share (Viral, Kittan, Yoko).
jreginaldJun 30, 2015 2:07 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Too much sexism and homophobia here, I feel bad

Dije - 10 hours ago

23 by KayKimii »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.