Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 6, 2015 2:59 PM

May 2014
I dont like working of a schedule, allow me to be clear about that at the beginning. I find they make people predictable and inflexible but I do believe they can help with organizing oneself.

For example I wake up at 6:30 and get home at 5pm but since I dont plan I usually spend the few free time I have lazing about watching youtube vids instead of doing what I wanted to do and then its too late.

So I'm curious how other people on mal plan/dont plan their day and how it works out for them.
I've been here way too long...
Mar 6, 2015 3:02 PM

Feb 2014
I improvise, and it works great

Mar 6, 2015 3:03 PM
Oct 2014
I have never made a schedule in my entire life. My mom says that I need a wife who is organized, but I have made it this far so I'll probably go on with my flexible/no-routine life.

Mar 6, 2015 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
I fucking hate routine, makes me feel like a robot. Get up, go to work, waste 12 hours, get home eat, sleep repeat. Fuck what kind of life is that and just to earn more money to keep paying to work. You can't even enjoy the money because you are too busy earning it.

SpooksMar 6, 2015 3:09 PM
Mar 6, 2015 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
How do students have set sleep schedules, I don't get it.

On Monday I wake up at 6:30am and on Tuesday I wake up at 12:00pm. Wednesday 9:00am and Thursday 7:00am Friday 9:00am since it's Xurday even though I can wake up at 12:00pm
Mar 6, 2015 3:06 PM

Jul 2012
my life has no routines or schedules. I make all my money through entrepreneurism and the arts. I dislike routines and am generally incompatible with people who abide by them. I'd rather be free and make my own decisions.
xEmptiness said:
"if we follow what SW is suggesting, nihilism is the conclusion"
Mar 6, 2015 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
Spooks_McBones said:
I fucking hate routine, makes me feel like a robot. Get up, go to work, waste 12 hours, get home eat, sleep repeat. Fuck what kind of life is that and just to earn more money to keep paying to work. You can't even enjoy the money because you are too busy earning it.
Most people who are in that job either hate their lives or love their family enough to give them the joy of spending the money they earn from it. That turns their crank. There's more people like that out there than you think. D:

I agree though routine pisses me off. I at least try to wake up at the same time every day or close enough to it. Otherwise I eat whenever, do whatever. If I've got something to do that day I make sure to wake up at least two hours before it so I can be awake enough to participate.
Mar 6, 2015 3:14 PM

Nov 2014
I wake up at the same time everyday (6:30) and that's it, I get home on different time, usually i get home around 7 or 8 pm when i play dota 2 on net café's with my friends
MoeEverywhereMar 6, 2015 3:21 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2015 3:16 PM
Oct 2014
Spooks_McBones said:

I thought you were about to

You must rave sometimes

Mar 6, 2015 3:24 PM

Oct 2012
i often write schedules for myself, and i'm more productive when i do
i don't just add work onto it, and i allow for a little bit of time wasted, so it's somewhat relaxed
but it's the best way to make sure i fit many activities into a day

for language learning, i have a chart, and i record my progress for each day
i like charts
that's helpful too... i see 'i haven't done much work for a while' or 'my most productive period was when xx', and i can make sure i get something done soon after

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Mar 6, 2015 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
Spooks_McBones said:

That's a pretty good point. Some people spend so much time working they don't really get to enjoy themselves very often, especially if they have to support a family at home, especially if they have little kids they absorb a shitton of your time that you should have to relax when you get back from work.

I know there's still a bunch of students on MAL that don't have to work, but the reality for most people at least in USA is that they have to stick to schedules dictated by their jobs and work lots of hours doing mundane and/or stressful work so that they can continue living and not be homeless..
Mar 6, 2015 4:09 PM
Sep 2014
three things i don't have
Mar 6, 2015 4:23 PM

Mar 2012
I like schedule, but not routine. Having a general plan of how I'm going to accomplish my daily (or long term) goals helps me organize my life and be productive, but rigid planning is unnecessary.

For example, I might schedule stuff like "exercise from 7-8pm everyday" or "even if you have no particular reason to, still leave the house for at least an hour a day", but I'll fill in the details on the fly.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 6, 2015 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
I only have a schedule when I'm dating someone, because if I don't I tend to forget all about their existence until my phone rings or someone online asks me about them. .-.
Mar 6, 2015 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
midnightblade said:

That's a pretty good point. Some people spend so much time working they don't really get to enjoy themselves very often, especially if they have to support a family at home, especially if they have little kids they absorb a shitton of your time that you should have to relax when you get back from work.

I know there's still a bunch of students on MAL that don't have to work, but the reality for most people at least in USA is that they have to stick to schedules dictated by their jobs and work lots of hours doing mundane and/or stressful work so that they can continue living and not be homeless..

Yes, a lot of mal is too young to realize the monotony of work yet but when you are not required to do any higher thinking but just be a worker, moving one thing from one place to another and you know a machine could replace you, you begin to fall into a dead end pattern.

You spend 80% of your day work focused, from the moment you wake up till the moment you go to bed everything revolves around your work and yet it doesn't require any of your personality only your body to work. When you reach the end of the month the money comes in and you pay your bills and rent on a house that you use only to sleep in because you are always at work. You buy food you never have time to eat and whats spare usually goes on travel, food at work and anything left over is yours but because you spend all your time working you have no spare time for yourself.

So whats the point to work to live to carry on working till you die and I have over 6 years of higher education.
Mar 6, 2015 4:53 PM

May 2014
I think people are misunderstanding here, apart from the time I wake up and the time which I return home which are beyond my control the rest of my time is poorly spent. I dont like routines as much as the next person but I think alot of us lose our way if we dont set ourselves things to do.
I've been here way too long...
Mar 6, 2015 4:56 PM

Aug 2013
TheConquerer said:
I think people are misunderstanding here

TheConquerer said:

So I'm curious how other people on mal plan/dont plan their day and how it works out for them.

How can we misunderstand when the question is how others on mal plan their day and how it works out for them?
Mar 6, 2015 4:57 PM

Nov 2012
well that sucks dude. I will say that not all jobs are the same.. it would be great if you could get one that has a better schedule (with set whole days that you don't have to work).

My job right now is notorious for not letting me have off days, instead scheduling me for lower hours some days and more hours other days so that most of the time, I work every day haha.

Funnily enough I had an off day today due to some sort of scheduling conflict error that someone made , but I got stuck with babysitting my hyperactive early elementary school siblings all day long instead of getting to chill on my day off @.@
Mar 6, 2015 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
midnightblade said:
well that sucks dude. I will say that not all jobs are the same.. it would be great if you could get one that has a better schedule (with set whole days that you don't have to work).

Well ironically now they have dropped my hours im earning around £12 more than I would been unemployed on government payments except I have to travel 4 hours a day and have to work hard for it. so im thinking of dropping the job and finding a better one very very soon. Bosses are also assholes.
Mar 6, 2015 5:13 PM

Aug 2014
I do some basic plans because I have to plan my life around the bus schedule -.-" actually I am really flexible so I dont need much planning, but sometimes it just doesn't work out otherwise because I don't like waiting an hour for my bus every day.
Mar 6, 2015 6:32 PM

May 2009
I don't plan my day to day life because that would be boring and my work schedule wouldn't allow me to anyways. The only thing i plan are the spontaneous, out-of-the-blue little trips I decide to do on my days off like I'll decide to go to target or someplace but then I plan what I am going to do while I am out. Whether it be getting food and what kind of food and if I want to go to other places before going back home. That's all my planning consists of. Unless you count grocery shopping....

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 2 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

29 by DesuMaiden »»
21 minutes ago

» What's the most illegal thing you've ever done? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 15

51 by DesuMaiden »»
33 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

63 by duchessliz87 »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

60 by vampirismsxc »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.