Forum Settings
Forums

If K-pop fans are widely accepted in the society, why J-pop fans aren't

New
Feb 9, 2015 3:59 AM

Jan 2015
This is a question that is bothering me 4 days. In our country, Kpop culture (including K-dramas and songs) influences are rampant. Fans of it are widely accepted in the society and they can sing Korean songs freely in public whereas if u are Jpop culture (this includes anime) fan u r viewed as weirdos or nerds. Wut is ur opinion about it?
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2015 4:01 AM

Nov 2014
Who knows...maybe the hot guys from kpop attract more positive attention than anime which most people regard as those kids cartoons
Feb 9, 2015 4:02 AM

Jan 2013
I think it's because K-pop is more americanized in terms of similarities compared to J-pop.

In general, K-pop gives off more of a sense of "hot" and "sexy" whereas J-pop is "Cute", "bubbly", etc.
Feb 9, 2015 4:02 AM

Dec 2013
Which country thinks Kpop fan normal again ?
Feb 9, 2015 4:03 AM

Apr 2013
I don't know a single person who listens to K-Pop and I think most friends of mine wouldn't care if I'd listen K-Pop or J-Pop. They wouldn't even notice the difference xD
Feb 9, 2015 4:04 AM

Jan 2015
moonnya said:

Mostly Southeast Asian countries including Thailand, Malaysia, The Philippines, etc.
Feb 9, 2015 4:04 AM

Nov 2014
Gator said:
I don't know a single person who listens to K-Pop and I think most friends of mine wouldn't care if I'd listen K-Pop or J-Pop. They wouldn't even notice the difference xD

Oh really?In my school there are sooooo many kpop fangirls that put those badges with the guys' faces on their bags and such
Feb 9, 2015 4:05 AM

Aug 2013
moonnya said:

Canada.
Feb 9, 2015 4:05 AM

Jan 2015
PrevE said:
Gator said:

Oh really?In my school there are sooooo many kpop fangirls that put those badges with the guys' faces on their bags and such

same
Feb 9, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
Remv_quevav said:
moonnya said:

Mostly Southeast Asian countries including Thailand, Malaysia, The Philippines, etc.
If I'm not mistaken, Japanese culture is widely accepted in those countries nowadays as well.
Feb 9, 2015 4:06 AM

Nov 2014
Remv_quevav said:
PrevE said:

same
haha I'm southeast asian too
Feb 9, 2015 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
Remv_quevav said:
moonnya said:

Nope. It is popular in those countries, but who are not the fans think the fans are weirdo
Feb 9, 2015 4:08 AM

Nov 2014
Magnolia said:
Remv_quevav said:

If I'm not mistaken, Japanese culture is widely accepted in those countries nowadays as well.

Not as much as kpop I think.There are many anime fans here but in terms of real life people korea wins.There is this one girl in my class who is gaga over korean guys but when i mentioned i had a japanese cousin she said she wasnt into japanese guys.

Jan 2015
Magnolia said:
Remv_quevav said:

but mostly prefer Kpop. They treat anime as childhood memories and the new generation of anime enthusiasts often treated as nerds

Apr 2013
PrevE said:
Gator said:

Huh not where I live, only see Asian guys on bags on conventions I go to ^^
Feb 9, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2015
moonnya said:
Remv_quevav said:

Nope. It is popular in those countries, but who are not the fans think the fans are weirdo

not rly coz dey influence easily than something that has Jpop culture in it from anime to japanese songs
DiginarcissaFeb 9, 2015 4:23 AM
Feb 9, 2015 4:11 AM

Nov 2014
Because K-pop is more popular than J-pop.

That is the only answer, what people see more they would conceive as normal.

Feb 9, 2015 4:17 AM
Mar 2014
Where I come from you'd get weird looks for listening to either of them and I seriously doubt people would even notice a difference between the two.

Gator said:

Hey there, fellow German!
Feb 9, 2015 4:20 AM

Jan 2015
John_h said:
Where I come from you'd get weird looks for listening to either of them and I seriously doubt people would even notice a difference between the two.

Gator said:

there is tho
in japanese, they mostly have pronunciations da, ka, re, shi, to, etc.
whereas korean has auoinandeyongsaehhyoooooooo
Feb 9, 2015 4:21 AM

Apr 2013
John_h said:

Gator said:

Hallo mein Freund ^^
At least someone can confirm what I said ;)
Feb 9, 2015 4:22 AM
Mar 2014
Remv_quevav said:
there is tho

I'm not saying there's none, I was merely pointing out that most of the people I know will probably claim that they both sound exactly the same.
Feb 9, 2015 4:23 AM

Nov 2012
they are?
i don't even know a single person who listens to kpop lmao
Feb 9, 2015 4:25 AM

Nov 2010
I think neither of them are accepted into society.
Feb 9, 2015 4:27 AM

Jan 2015
K-pop culture is in the modern era in alliance with booties and etc. Their vibrant and swaggy looks and their auto tuned songs attracts a lot of fans mostly girls. If you ask me what would I choose, I prefer J.
Feb 9, 2015 4:27 AM

Jan 2015
John_h said:
Remv_quevav said:
there is tho

I'm not saying there's none, I was merely pointing out that most of the people I know will probably claim that they both sound exactly the same.

i wish that case was the same here as well coz most people here can identify their difference easily. there was one time a classmate of mine was singing some EXO song and she was praised by the whole class. when I was singing Waltz (H&C ED1) they have this weird look to me and said "Are u Otaku"? It was partly humiliating

silverwalls said:
they are?
i don't even know a single person who listens to kpop lmao

here in our place: yes
even local radios have a Kpop segment in a day bcoz of its popularity
even local albums profited less than kpop
DiginarcissaFeb 9, 2015 4:32 AM
Feb 9, 2015 4:30 AM

Jan 2015
Remv_quevav said:
John_h said:

i wish that case was the same here as well coz most people here can identify their difference easily. there was one time a classmate of mine was singing some EXO song and she was praised by the whole class. when I was singing Waltz (H&C ED1) they have this weird look to me and said "Are u Otaku"? It was partly humiliating
people these days and their music, under the spell of modern pop
Feb 9, 2015 4:32 AM
Mar 2011
kpop is mostly idols at lest the J pop sceen has more than just idols in the main
Stream
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 9, 2015 4:33 AM

Jan 2015
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:
Remv_quevav said:

yah I agree. i like the way japanese retains the 90's style era of music coz that era was the best in the music industry
Feb 9, 2015 4:36 AM

Jan 2015
Remv_quevav said:
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

yah I agree. i like the way japanese retains the 90's style era of music coz that era was the best in the music industry
until now i prefer listening to the past and present j-rock/j-pop. Their songs have meaning even though the artist/band do not look that famous than the K ones
Feb 9, 2015 4:39 AM

Jan 2015
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:
Remv_quevav said:

until now i prefer listening to the past and present j-rock/j-pop. Their songs have meaning even though the artist/band do not look that famous than the K ones

some are too deep to comprehend and needs further analysis of historical meanings
too bad those kind of songs are now rare in our country
90's period masterrace!!!
DiginarcissaFeb 9, 2015 4:44 AM
Feb 9, 2015 4:45 AM
May 2009
K-pop = Sexy?
J-Pop = Creepy?

I'd be honest I have no idea.

Guess it depends what catches people's attention.
Feb 9, 2015 4:50 AM

Jan 2015
FGAU1912 said:
kpop is mostly idols at lest the J pop sceen has more than just idols in the main
Stream

too bad mostly are underrated hmph
Feb 9, 2015 4:51 AM

Dec 2013
cuz kpop is more americanizd nd their more poplar
mods hate him...
Feb 9, 2015 4:59 AM

Sep 2014
Since when was K pop accepted?
Feb 9, 2015 5:01 AM

Jan 2015
Moneyburns said:
Since when was K pop accepted?

trust me
here, it is widely accepted
many are diehard kpop fans
TV stations hav always k dramas in their timeslot
top charts here hav a kpop always on #1

it's because its Jewel in the Palace's fault (im not saying it is not good actually it is very good it only served as the gateway to kpop here)
This K drama is the reason why anime has weakened its grip here in our country
DiginarcissaFeb 9, 2015 5:05 AM
Feb 9, 2015 5:02 AM
Mar 2011
zezprah said:
cuz kpop is more Americanized nd their more poplar

cause south korea is more Americanized than Japan in general
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 9, 2015 5:05 AM

Sep 2014
So basicly South Asia Countries are still butthurt about Japan stomping them in WW2 and worship MURICA for being the "Land of dah Freedumb"?
Feb 9, 2015 5:07 AM

Jan 2015
Moneyburns said:
So basicly South Asia Countries are still butthurt about Japan stomping them in WW2 and worship MURICA for being the "Land of dah Freedumb"?

no not rly
im my place, they almost forgot it
history books gives little details to it
and if we here talk japan, they go ultra kawaii harem hentai with a little pokemon, voltes 5, voltron, and some masked rider with ultaman stuff
damn this stigma on anime rly hurts
they even concluded that anime has bug bulgy eyes bcoz "they say" of the americanization of japan/ japanese wants to be americans
DiginarcissaFeb 9, 2015 5:21 AM
Feb 9, 2015 5:34 AM

Mar 2013
Lancehot said:
Because K-pop has Psy.
Feb 9, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2015
Lancehot said:
Because K-pop has Psy.
and boy bands like EXO
Feb 9, 2015 5:38 AM

Jan 2015
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:
Lancehot said:
Because K-pop has Psy.
and boy bands like EXO

the f****** EXO
last concert of theirs was held here and it was roaring with fans
why does the world dont know what is music anymore??????
DiginarcissaFeb 9, 2015 5:41 AM
Feb 9, 2015 5:45 AM

Feb 2013
Remv_quevav said:
This is a question that is bothering me 4 days. In our country, Kpop culture (including K-dramas and songs) influences are rampant. Fans of it are widely accepted in the society and they can sing Korean songs freely in public whereas if u are Jpop culture (this includes anime) fan u r viewed as weirdos or nerds. Wut is ur opinion about it?
Now that you mention it, while i'm not a fan of either, i know more about kpop than jpop o0 I guess jpop and jdramas are just less relevant globally than kpop and kdrama
But i find it hard to believe there's such a stigma against japanese media... as many already said, "They wouldn't even notice the difference" (except the koreaboos but i wouldnt take them seriously)
Feb 9, 2015 5:51 AM

Jan 2015
Remv_quevav said:
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:
and boy bands like EXO

the f****** EXO
even though they didn't understand a single word, they would cheer for them because of the looks not the music. People and their useless knowledge.
Feb 9, 2015 5:56 AM

Jan 2015
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:
Remv_quevav said:

the f****** EXO
even though they didn't understand a single word, they would cheer for them because of the looks not the music. People and their useless knowledge.

we also have that problem on jpop songs but at least it has translations lol
and the music is so pleasing to the ears
i like jpop not coz i am a weeaboo but bcoz i find similarities of their style to the ones that was popular here in ours
and they offer a lot of genres (they even hav classic jazz, CLASSIC JAZZ)
Feb 9, 2015 5:58 AM

Aug 2013
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

I really liked EXO-M's songs, much of it due to me being able to understand it.

R.I.P. EXO-M.
Feb 9, 2015 5:58 AM

Dec 2012
in my country you're a weirdo if you like either chinese cartoons or chinese dramas
Feb 9, 2015 6:00 AM

Jan 2015
kawaii-despair said:
in my country you're a weirdo if you like either chinese cartoons or chinese dramas

chinese dramas are worse (but I know what u mean)
here they hav this C Drama that airs during sundays
and it was recurring in decades
IN DECADES!!!!
until now, they air it
DiginarcissaFeb 9, 2015 6:08 AM
Feb 9, 2015 6:09 AM

Aug 2013
i think k-pop is accepted because there are more artists/groups that are known in different country's and probably because there are more news about the lifes of the idols etc.
Feb 9, 2015 6:11 AM

Sep 2014
kawaii-despair said:

You must live in a Anti Communist country
Feb 9, 2015 8:14 AM

Jan 2015
Lancehot said:
Moneyburns said:

You must live in a Anti Communist country

Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3386 by aikaflip »»
2 minutes ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 3 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
4 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
4 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.