Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 5, 2014 10:25 AM

May 2013
Tomoya still has daddy issues. This will be discussed more in the next episode.

Tomoya is a lucky bastard, getting all the girls and all their food.
Lol, Tomoyo totally threw the baseball at Sunohara's face several times.
So Tomoyo finally became the Student Council President so that she may preserve the sakura trees after her brother jumped.

But in the end, Tomoyo noticed Tomoya's feelings. Kyou and Ryou finally accepted defeat.
Tomoya himself is starting to realize he does like Nagisa. Everything is coming to an end with Nagisa's arc starting.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 4, 2014 4:18 AM

Jul 2014
I Did love thr episode~! i actually loved kyou and ryou scene the song was beautiful (over) and kyou and ryou were cute even when they were crying it was sad and cute at the same time...
Dec 28, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
aww, nagisa and tomoya are so cute together <3

wow kyou and ryou cared enough to cry over it O.o i was taken by surprise
Jan 15, 2015 11:51 PM

May 2014
Hmm so many good candidates but only 1 winner.

Nagisa is definitely the most selfless one. You know if she were there while everyone else competed to have their lunch eaten, she would have offered to help eat them =p
Jan 16, 2015 10:07 AM

Nov 2014
The past two episodes have been two of my favorites, probably cause of all the Tomoyo & Kyou spotlight. But that ending...Kyou & Ryou crying omg I felt so bad but they know Tomoya likes Nagisa. :(

The entire lunch scene with Kyou, Ryou, Kotomi & Tomoyo at Tomoya's house and then Fuko appeared again...that was the best!!!

The baseball game was so funny because once Tomoya told Tomoyo to just aim for Youhei's face, POOR GUY NEVER CAN GET A BREAK LOL especially with the heart boxers on his head in the beginning lmao

Tomoyo's story and why she wants to keep the cherry trees was so sad...but I admire that she wants to keep them around for the sake of her family coming to see them every Spring, that's so sweet.

& it was awesome seeing Tomoyo kicking butt in that tennis match, and now she's the Student Council President! :D Also really glad that Nagisa's all better and back, but the poor thing when that tennis ball went right for her face :/
Apr 18, 2015 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
What a loser, picked the worst girl.
Well I knew it from reading the synopsis of After Story anyways..
May 30, 2015 10:46 PM

Nov 2012
I like how their mouths only get big when they cry lol
May 31, 2015 3:12 AM

May 2015
This episode was great until the final scenes happened. I wanted more from the Tomoyo and Kyou/Ryou arc. I've also previously stated this but I think that they provide a much more interesting subject than Nagisa. Little annoyed >_<
Jul 6, 2015 3:23 AM

Jan 2014
That was really said ;___;
I feel Tomoyo... kind of...
This made me realise some things. :')
*hugs Tomoyo*

and yaays, Nagisa is baaack <3

And also, dem dumb sisters.
Girls, WOMAN UP!
Aug 10, 2015 3:46 PM

Aug 2015
Don't like Nagisa at all --'
I prefer so much Kyou or Tomoyo... Active girls...
Aug 15, 2015 1:30 PM

Jun 2013
Lol. All the girls this episode are like. "SHIT. WE LOST."

Toged said:
Don't like Nagisa at all --'

Kind of agree. It's not that I don't like her; she's probably more close to a real person than most of the other girls. She's just kind of boring. Or rather, my interest in her has waned because the show spent so long on focusing on other characters. In which case I blame it on the direction, not Nagisa's character.
Aug 20, 2015 2:01 AM

Mar 2015
NOOOOOOO T_T
KYOU, DON'T CRY.

Thats what will happen when building many harems. Kyou is adorable when crying T_T
I will ship Tomoya X Kyou <3
Sep 4, 2015 4:59 AM

Oct 2013
I either completely forgot or just didn't realize that Tomoyo's arc was only two episodes long and merged with the Fujibayashis' arc. WHY WAS BEST GIRL DELEGATED TO USELESS SIDE HOE???

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 18, 2015 11:34 AM

Jan 2015
#Friendzoned
Dec 23, 2015 7:44 AM

Dec 2012
This episode is perfection. Tomoyo's story moved me far more this time around and really got me thinking about my attitude back when I was around her age at that time too.

Ah the tennis scene. Truly an unforgettable moment. Shedding tears of joy and heartbreak at the same time. I'm happy beyond words when watching Nagisa and Tomoya, but my heart sank when Kyou and Ryou had to face defeat. I do like Tomoyo's response though, two and two click together and she sees that Nagisa is Tomoya's "family" that she mentioned earlier.
Dec 23, 2015 10:58 PM

Oct 2013
Kyou and Ryou crying was quite the scene
Apr 30, 2016 4:51 PM

Feb 2015
(RE-WATCHING) So this was the episode where the Tomoyo / Kyou / Ryou arc ends. I have to say, the merging of 2 arcs was done very well, and I love how all of the characters came to realise that none of them could come close to Nagisa. It was a very happy but sad episode. EDIT: I think Nagisa is getting too much hate. She's very sweet, kind and adorable. I prefer Tomoyo, but Nagisa works very well with Tomoya.
Oreomonogatari72Apr 30, 2016 4:56 PM
May 7, 2016 6:29 PM

Oct 2012
So I guess we won't be having Ryou x Kyou arc afterall? And what about Misae (she's at least hinted) or Yukine (was she ditched from this adaptations? Tomoyo's episode was nice (even though many things like Tomoya's house visit and ending ship sinking were anime-only material) and I think it actually flow pretty nicely.

Anyone interested in her own story I honestly recommend you reading Tomoyo After as that novel is in some parts even better than whole Clannad. And now I really wonder how they manage to sustain all those rejected characters relevant to the story. Well, I guess Nagisa is getting her theatre episodes now.
May 18, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2014
That was really sweet of Tomoyo telling the significance of a Family ~.
Kyou and Ryou are both really lovely to be with but Tomoya has his own pick .
Very Great Episode ~ . Anyway, This is Romance after all ~ . Genre Type .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2016 11:07 PM

Jun 2013
I know I commented before, but damn this episode gets me. IT'S THE MOMENT THEY ALL REALIZE.

R.I.P. Tomoyo and Kyou best girls. That's why we got the extra episodes, lol.
Sep 28, 2016 2:48 PM

Nov 2014
I kinda knew it was coming, but she chose the bland girl. bloody hell, all the other girls were more interesting. sigh...
Dec 23, 2016 1:10 PM

Jun 2016
One word: Harem!!
Mar 22, 2017 2:06 AM

May 2016
Great episode because of Tomoyo, so he dumped all of them because of Nagisa well I saw that happening.
Apr 12, 2017 2:12 PM

Aug 2012
That tennis scene!! Awesome one of my favorite scene of anime! NagisaxOkazaki is so great and without nothing said the situation gets clearer than ever -> kinda reminds me of Toradora, for the big love triangle and the characters who understand things implicitly (I know its not that rare, but I think that its pretty well done in those two anime, because for both anime around those episodes the main couple gets more real and the other have to step back and become only friends, the separation between the couple and their friends is in both nicely done)

Funny that for Kyou/Ryou and Tomoyo 's arc they needed Nagisa to be absent x) she is so much already like his girlfriend that if she is around nothing is possible for the three others; unlike Fuko and Kotomi who liked Okazaki as a friend then Nagisa's presence wasn't an obstacle at all, on the contrary.
Jun 6, 2017 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
Fuck, I felt so damn sad.. ugh, I can feel the pain. :-(
Aug 10, 2017 9:09 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing the other girls sad hurts me, but Tomoyo definitely loves Nagisa and there is nothing they can do for that, another beautiful conclusion to an arc, only one left!
Mar 21, 2018 8:36 AM
Jun 2017
Sorry for Tomoyo,kyou and ryou- your days are over once Nagisa has back!!! And it jas shown very well in this episode!!! How happy Tomoya is when Nagisa back from school. And by the way that tennis scene where he helped Nagisa when she was hit by the ball was the CONFIRMATION, the look in the eys of sisters Kyou and ryou upon seeing that they just cry because they knew they loss already. And same thing to tomoya amidst having that win...

*anyways that lunch scene is great!!! Having a harem life is a winner!!!
Apr 15, 2019 3:51 PM
Jun 2017
This episode hurt my heart
May 6, 2019 12:18 PM

Aug 2017
I love how this anime unexpectedly takes a 'dark' turn. Kyou's backstory is painful and it broke my heart. Realising that things don't 'click' at home anymore is not easy. It was painful to see that Kyou felt like a bad sister because she had turn wild and could not make her little brother smile. He is adorable though and it was good to see that he did make it... I am sure that Okazaki could relate to her story on a personal level.

Well this episode ended on a somewhat lighter note. Seeing Kyou and Ryou cry like that together was touching though. And I am worried about Nagisa. Can't wait for more!
Jul 25, 2019 8:33 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, she's so athletic, she beat literally everyone. Finally Nagisa is back, it was adorable to see Tomoya blush like that, haha.
Aug 15, 2019 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
dtshyk said:
Kyo and Ryo in broken heart. It's sad to see them crying, but Kyoto animation succsessfully put the "bargain of arcs" story in order.
Holy shit I know. This is my forst rewatch of the series and Ive played some of the game sinnce then. I'm just freaking floored at how they managed to tie all the arcs together and give us enough of each of them to be satisfied, but still bring it all to a impactful resolution. The end when everyone realizes he and nagisa are a thing is just madturfully sad. I do like that they have a bit of self awareness of the situation of everyone liking him being a little ridiculous. That being the lunch scene, where Fuko almost enters to satire the whole situation even further
Dec 5, 2019 5:58 PM
Apr 2017
Apparently I’m the only asshole that started laughing at the twins crying at the end. So ridiculous and overly dramatic.
Dec 13, 2019 3:52 AM

Oct 2019
3 hearts break on this episode. lol
andrearionaDec 13, 2019 3:48 PM
Feb 18, 2020 8:10 PM

Jul 2016
Well, in the end it seems it wasn't really a good idea to combine two routes (or three?) into one storyline.
Tomoyo's "heavy" backstory ended up being quite superficial due to time constraints and honestly, seeing Kyou trying to set things up for her extremely indecisive sister was more annoying than anything.
Apr 18, 2020 12:04 PM

Mar 2013
That's some nice drama there.

And there's Kotomi be like "wtf is going on? Why are ya'll crying suddenly?" lol

Wait, this is the last of both Kyou and Tomoyo's arc? That's only like 3 episodes.

While both Fuko and Kotomi have 5 episodes each.
Shank_ManApr 18, 2020 12:12 PM
Jul 5, 2020 11:57 PM
Feb 2020
Was enjoying this episode a lot. Lots of humour but some more serious moments at the end. Solid 5/5
Sep 22, 2020 7:41 PM

Mar 2020
Quite a nice bit of development this episode, though I'm surprised that this was also the one which concluded Tomoyo's arc. You'd think she would occupy the rest of the season with her presidential campaign and delinquent backstory, but I guess we need to dedicate the rest of the season to Nagisa. On that subject, I think I agree with everyone else about Nagisa. Maybe the final five episodes and all of After story will transform my opinion of her, but I've always thought Tomoya had way better chemistry with Kyou.

This episode is also significant for being the first time this show actually made me laugh. That baseball scene between Sunohara and Tomoyo was great. Props to KyoAni for landing one joke out of 500.

Also, rest in peach to Ryou. She was never the best character, but she forever has my sympathy for getting cucked into oblivion.
XeroBeatSep 23, 2020 6:18 AM
Sep 26, 2020 12:53 PM

Jul 2008
Oh dear, this will be a day long remembered. This is the day that the harem crumbled, the day they all realized Tomoya made his choice.

And damn it TOMOYO IS THE BEST GIRL....followed by Kyou.
Sep 26, 2020 10:56 PM
Apr 2020
And thus, the rivalry officially ended.
Oct 9, 2020 7:46 PM

Jun 2020
I love it when Tomoya and Nagisa is getting along each other, and I feel bad for the rejected one I've seen a lot of those fake smile there.

And Fuuko show up again and still have no explanation on why they are able to see her so I think she's dead and a ghost probably it kinda reminds me of Anohana so it's probably like that I guess.
Dec 26, 2020 5:25 AM

May 2020
Mwahhhahahahaha they finally understand that Tomoya loves Nagisa

I loved Nagisa and Tomoyo's conversation too~ I love how Tomoyo was really mature on that too. Tomoyo second best girl
Dec 29, 2020 5:42 AM

Aug 2014
these last 4 episodes have been great. But its a shame its over for Kyou.

And now the anime might get boring again since it will be focused on Nagisa and her family
Jan 9, 2021 8:38 AM

May 2019
I thought Tomoyo is much better girl for Tomoya. This episode proves it by giving a light to her a backstory and some dedication for Tomoya. Interesting the other girls realization and break down at the same time. No more rivalries for love anymore.

Jan 14, 2021 3:01 PM
Aug 2020
another good episode!! I was really shocked by Tomoyo's story about her brother ;__;

the end was sad and funny lmao
Feb 13, 2021 1:15 AM

Apr 2017
Dude, what are you doing, that's where you are supposed to carry her princess style.

Poor Kyou and Ryou, you should never fall in love with the main guy if it's not your route.
cunnysseur
Feb 21, 2021 1:52 AM

Jun 2020
You can’t force feelings. They are meant to be, it’s so sweet seeing how much Okazaki cares for Nagisa. What a guy.

Tomoyo is awesome!! I would have such a girl crush on her too. She’s so cool. And even when she realised why Okazaki was so serious about the theatre club, she was so understanding. Same to Kyou & Ryou, with Ryou apologising to her sister & being grateful for how much Kyou has done for her. They are all so sweet.

Kotomi is the cutest loooool I laughed when Okazaki reached out to her hoping she would rescue him when they were all insisting that he ate their food. She was like nope bruh lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 23, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2020
Okay, Tomoyo's backstory didn't matter to me, except the fact her brother jumped.
Got 1+ point for clannad making me laugh in the last forever.

Those last few minutes was what made me enjoy this episode~
This is one of the better episodes I've watched from Clannad (by enjoyment specifically).
Feb 25, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2016
Imagine being a spectator for that tennis match and see two girls just start bursting into tears. I'd be like 'wtf is up with that', and start laughing lol. A tad to dramatic of an ep for me, and a backstory that comes out of nowhere. Oh well. Ep Score - 4/10

Feb 25, 2021 11:04 AM
Oct 2020
We talk Clannad after story or clannad (first season) ?
idk for the first season but i remember for after story ... yea ... shit I cry
Feb 27, 2021 10:08 AM

Mar 2018
Ch1Aki_K0b said:
We talk Clannad after story or clannad (first season) ?
idk for the first season but i remember for after story ... yea ... shit I cry

This is first season... After Story's episode 18 discussion is this one: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=67464
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

443 by Creepyy »»
Yesterday, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nodoka-koi - Nov 22, 2007

193 by Creepyy »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by D-A-W »»
Apr 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
Apr 19, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.