Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2015 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
Best: Aria and Clannad AS

Worst: Nah, every SoL I've ever seen is love, every SoL I've ever seen is life <3
Jan 26, 2016 6:49 AM

Apr 2015
Favourites: GTO and Mushishi

least favourite: Toradora>>> Reasons: Aisaka Taiga(Tsundere)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2016 5:02 AM

Dec 2015
Most Favorite:
Gochiusa - Cute art, good humor, lovable characters and RABBITS.
Kin-iro Mosaic - Great Engrish, cuddly characters and.. MOE~!
Gakkou Gurashi - Cool characters, instant plot twist at the first episode, the opening is a lie but... Cliche zombies.
Oreimo - Otaku sister, a cool brother (or not?), eroges and otaku sister (Yes, I intentionally put otaku sister twice.)
Clannad After Story - They adapted it well, hmm.. no comment. And! Dango.
Nichijou - So random, so funny, and super ultra great delicious wonderful Mai's trolls.
Toradora - Catchy OP, Rie Kugimiya and the tsundere Taiga.
Yuru Yuri - Well, yuri. Akari best girl!
Anohana - Art, feels, story and MENMA! WE FOUND YOU!
Himouto! Umaru-chan - dat little sister, too kawaii for this show.
Oregairu - Yui best girl! Hikigaya best loner! Humor and story all together is great!
Chuunibyou - Kawaii.. Art,delusions,the story is excellent-o~!
K-On! - Cute girls doing cute things! Anime worth to watch! The music is great too!

Least favorite:
HaruChika - DAYUM HARUTA! YOU KNOW IT ALL! YOU KNOW EVERYTHING THAT MYSTERIES LAST ONLY 1 EPISODE!
Haganai - Heeey!
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) - ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT! The first season was fine... BUT THIS?! This is like season 1~! NOT REALLY A SEASON 2!
OreImo. True Route/Specials - Ending. Well, why did that bratty little sister suggested that idea and the older brother just seriously accepted it?!
OtakuOneFeb 6, 2016 6:49 PM
Jan 27, 2016 9:39 AM

Sep 2013
OtakuOne said:
HaruChika - DAYUM HARUTA! YOU KNOW IT ALL! YOU KNOW EVERYTHING THAT MYSTERIES LAST ONLY 1 EPISODE!

Mystery is not the only aspect of this anime, so personally I don't mind Haruta's overly apparent intelligence. The stories themselves are worth it so far.

Haganai - Heeey!

Heeey, is this someone else who's not fond of Haganai's boring harem element?
Jan 27, 2016 9:00 PM

Dec 2015
Heeey, is this someone else who's not fond of Haganai's boring harem element?

Well.. I personally think Haganai NEXT is much better... Except for the ending. Well, tlers for the light novel is.. err.. idk.
Jan 29, 2016 11:26 PM

Sep 2013
Yep, I started Haganai NEXT yesterday, and am already enjoying it considerably more than the entire first season. Probably because the characters don't show their inherently grumpy sides as often anymore.
Apr 24, 2016 6:13 PM

Oct 2015
Favourites are:
Nichijou - Great characters, supreme in comfiness and mood. Good humour
Hidamari Sketch - Also great characters, writing feels natural, shaft's visual direction works well for slice of life anime
Non Non Biyori - What is there to say? The theme for this one is super relaxing, and the events the characters go through are down-to-earth and relatable. It makes you feel that childlike sense of wonder and curiosity for mundane things.
And Mushishi will definitely be up with my favourites when I've finished watching it. That show is amazing.

The only SoL I've watched so far that I didn't enjoy much was K-on. The writing felt forced, the characters weren't appealing to me and the cookie-cutter school setting just made it feel a bit well, boring. Not bad by any means though.
LobindeApr 24, 2016 6:16 PM
Apr 29, 2016 11:48 AM

Mar 2016
Bueno:
Working! - Colourful cast of characters with good dynamics, also meaningful plot progression
Toradora - Predictable but genuinely touching at times. Gotta love the second OP as well
NNB - Very therapeutic, almost as if they transformed a kitten into an anime; great visuals and light-hearted humour

Not so Bueno:
Nichijou - I could count the times it made me laugh on one hand, with fingers to spare. Must concede that the animations was fantastic at its best, but it's over reliance on OTT visual humour, poor episodic structure and exaggerated but unfunny characters was a real turn-off. Would happily rewatch some of the best moments, but to rewatch the whole show would burn a hole in my brain.
May 25, 2016 2:35 AM

Dec 2015
i might be missing some but here are some of my favs and least favs

favorites

tonari no kaibutsu-kun - one of my fav romcom, the characters are lovable, the soundtrack is great
danshi kokousei no nichijou - this is on so many people's favorites but my love for this series never died
chuuniyou demo koi ga shitai + ren - im pretty sure a lot can agree with me with the first season but the sequel got so many hate, i personally loved it more than the first season
gakkougurashi! - the twist at the end of ep 1 tho, just wasn't satisfied with the ending and holy shit, where the hell is season 2?
himouto! umaru-chan - i'll admit, the hype really ruined this series for me, i really hated it at first but then i reconsidered. it's actually a really succesful SoL series
toradora! - i love this series to pieces (no pun intended), the characters are FANTASTIC, the romance has a slight twist which makes it more ineteresting, the soundtrack is freaking amazing

least favorites

kyoukai no kanata - im gonna be honest, i dont hate this series. in fact, i at least gave it a 6/10. the only thing i hated was the ending, like, ???? it would've been better if mirai was still dead, not that i hate her, but it would have a bigger impact on the viewers. i personally, felt terrible when mirai disappeared, i do not like having a dead character come back to life just like that (plot armor much?)
CLANNAD - before you hate, just stop. i really liked CLANNAD AS, but CLANNAD was just meh to me. it was okay, it didn't create an impact as big as CLANNAD AS for me (i cried in the freaking first episode of AS fml)
lucky star - the first sol series i've ever watched. this series is pretty much loved by everyone, well, except for me. the comedy wasn't funny at all, it made me fell asleep halfway through, it was so boring. i like the opening tho

please don't hate, these are my opinions. we can discuss but please be civil.
Jul 23, 2016 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
Fav:
A-Channel (surprise surprise :P)
Non Non Biyori + Non Non Biyori Repeat

Dislike:
Byousoku 5 Centimeter (i think my expectations before watching was way to high and so i was rly disappointed)
Jul 27, 2016 10:21 PM

Aug 2015
Favorites:
-Non Non Biyori (Charming, cute, relaxing, lightheartedly hilarious, and endearing. I loved the characters and their bonds and interactions with each other in their rural setting. Renge!)
-OreImo (I'm not sure why I enjoyed this one as much as I did. It seems to be because of nothing more than the fantastic and hilarious characters, along with the tackling of certain issues like incestuous feelings, re-forming bonds with someone you've grown distant to, and otakuism in a lighthearted but serious way.)
-AnoHana (Emotional, slow-paced, and fantastic character exploration and development.)
-Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (The definition of rom-com drama done well. Dynamic, likable characters, melodrama only where it fits and is needed, and great exposition of failure and figuring out what the hell to do with one's life. First ED was excellent)
-K-on! (Currently watching, but vastly enjoying. Music-oriented moe SOL comedy, which is just about all I could ever ask for. Cute, likable characters, lighthearted comedy, and fills one with an overwhelming sense of joy. I haven't enjoyed watching an anime this much in a while)

-I also really like Flying Witch, Chuunibyou, Clannad, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Little Busters, Lucky Star, Chi's Sweet Home, WataMote, and OreGairu, along with countless wonderful Slice of Life anime that I have yet to see)

Least Favorites:
-Nagi no Asukara (Annoyingly melodramatic, annoying characters, disappointingly unexplored ideas, world, and characters, made even more disappointing by a few great moments here and there that showcase how great it had the potential to be. Great OPs though.)
-Kimi ni Todoke (Sort-of-likable characters, but watching the two leads fumble with a potential relationship was really frustrating to watch, and there's a litle too much melodrama for my liking.)

Fortunately, I haven't seen nearly enough bad Slice of Life anime to make an extensive list out of it.
Jul 29, 2016 7:39 PM

Dec 2014
Hmm...
Favorites:
- Mushishi
- Wolf Children
- Nana
- Nodame Cantabile
- Beck
- Welcome to the N.H.K.
- Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
- Whisper of the Heart
- Kare Kano
- Emma
- Maison Ikkoku
- Honey and Clover

Least Favorites:
Most others. I'm picky.
(っ◔◡◔)っ just on my dumb shit
Dec 24, 2016 1:45 AM

Feb 2016
Favorite -> Barakamon
Least favorite -> Battery

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Dec 26, 2016 12:15 AM
Sep 2015
My favorites are Non Non Biyori, 3-Gatsu no Lion, Flying Witch, Gakkou Gurashi, Isshuukan Friends Acchi Kocchi and Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge.
My least favorite is Anohana. People like that anime only because of the finale, but the episodes before that were really stupid and annoying. I think I also hate Haibane Renmei, because the story felt sloooooow. SoL anime have pointless episodes and sometimes no developement, but Haibane Renmei was more slow than the usual anime. I dropped it after episode 5 or so
nifetiseBOYDec 26, 2016 12:24 AM
Dec 29, 2016 7:39 AM
Feb 2014
Definition of FAVORITE:
ONE that is treated or regarded with special favor or liking.

Favorite:Mob Psycho 100

Least Favorite:Forget(deleted)
Jan 21, 2022 8:45 AM

May 2021
My most favourite anime is Yurucamp. It is so relaxing to watch. It have a heartwarming feeling and a stress relief. I watch it on midnight or early in the morning, cus no one can interrupt me on those time. Sometimes I am wishing that i can go to Yurucamp world, but no it is impossible. Live there must be great
Hello everyone, i like Slice of Life and CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Thing) anime.
I'm also like to make a lot of friends online, so feel free to add me as a friend or invite me to a club :)

Mar 13, 2022 12:16 PM

Mar 2018
Slice of life fav so far is Uzaki-Chan wants to Hangout!
Feb 8, 2023 12:42 AM

Feb 2020
Favorites:

1. Love Live!
2. Gochiusa
3. Non Non Biyori
4. Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
5. Kiniro Mosaic
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 11:14 AM

» Hyouka

HIPPOcat - Dec 25, 2023

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Sticky: » Join our new Discord Server

Usagi - Mar 16, 2018

15 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 8:28 AM

» What Are Some Of Your Favorite Slice Of Life Scenes?

Art05 - May 9, 2015

8 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:49 AM

» 3-gatsu no Lion and Self Destruction

Dats - Apr 15, 2018

1 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.