Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 29, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
huhhh so that's how they pick seiyuu's...interesting

this guy right here lol

Shizuka :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2015 6:29 PM

Jun 2009
realistic, if exaggerated VA meeting. bad luck shizuka, i'm sure you'll get it next time.
Sep 4, 2015 9:03 PM

Sep 2013
holy fucking shit. You can relate almost everything in this anime to MMORPGs. I've recently been playing too much TERA so that's how it's like.

The guild is looking for heals because no one wants to play their alt priest since it's the beginning of the new xpac. Even though Diesel-chan has no experience she gets instantly recruited into the guild as a healer and everyone's happy.
Zuka has a tougher time queueing as DPS since there's too many dpsers and the ilvl requirements are too high for dungeons. Even though she's noted to have potential (she can even perform other roles on the fly) she's lacking solid gear for raiding so they fall back and pick a DPS with better equipment. Zuka goes back to LFG queue and gets content-locked since no one wants to carry her.
Sep 24, 2015 11:52 PM

May 2014
Eeeh, did I miss the moment Misa was declared working for Musani on 3D?
794Sep 25, 2015 12:08 AM
Sep 30, 2015 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
I'm starting to fall in love with this show, everything is brilliant. I really hope they get to make an anime together at the end, but maybe that's "too easy"...
Tyestor said:
realistic, if exaggerated VA meeting. bad luck shizuka, i'm sure you'll get it next time.

The amount of bullshit was so 11/10, absolutely hilarious!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 7, 2016 4:25 PM

Nov 2015
Super entertaining battle for the perfect VA! jaja that was really fun to watch. It's a shame Zuka didn't get the part... I thought this was her chance to shine... she actually made it really good!

Diesel-chan is doing great! Happy for her. She was so exited that she wanted to start working ASAP jaja

That titanic studio.... that doesn't inspire any good vibes...
Jun 8, 2016 8:01 AM

Mar 2015
OP Animation - 3.6/5

This episode gotta be the most detailed and put every soul of the P.A. works staffs into this.
Truly the most hard working episode.

I think the qualification for the VA is the acting skill itself, not the popularity, singing and looks.

I thought Shizuka will get the role but I was wrong. Reality is cruel.

How much effort did Midori researched for the battle plane?

3.7/5
Jun 21, 2016 12:49 AM

Sep 2015
Damn to mirror everyone else in this thread, poor Shizuka! She was so close the Director really liked her. Also the meeting about the voice actors was so funny, I don't know if I liked the pervert or guy who's trying to push his own talent agency and just like falls apart when he can't more. It's good thing the Director and other voices of reason got their way.

Hey Rii-chan got hired though! So especially since I know this is the last cour of the show I bet Shizuka will join on in some capacity. Excited to see Rii-chan interact with the rest of the office and be more in the thick of things now.

I'm interested by a lot of the new characters on the team. I like the dude who is obsessed with getting the clouds right that does seem important in a show like this. And I'm curious where asshole new production guy is stories going. Will he be revealed to be an alright guy with rough edges, or will Aoi put him in his place? Either way I'm excited to see.
Jul 21, 2016 2:31 AM

Jun 2014
Was there always a Kero-chan plush in the background?
Jul 21, 2016 11:17 PM

Aug 2012
-Shizuka going for an audition without the nerves from the first audition of the first half
-I noticed a few more things in the new OP than I did last episode
-Those were some nice clouds in that little montage thing
-Aoi pulling her weight and then some as production desk
-New hire #1 appears to fill in for the position Aoi was promoted from, and seems to be really qualified
-Post-audition decision meeting on Aria was pretty great, but I hate the Chazawa dude
-MusAni pres is still pretty cool though, and it just dawned on me that I still don't know his name
-The three naysayers lost all their energy at once but the others seemed to be displaying the same amount of focus they had at the beginning
-Looks like pres's name is Marukawa
-Does the scene from Shizuka's restaurant mean that Misa is doing work on specifically the Third Girls Aerial Squad planes? Either way, I think I like Shizuka the best out of them.
-This Chazawa dude just doesn't have Tarou's charm
-Somehow Honda's voice is really fitting for a baker
-Surely Studio Taitanic will be the cause of conflict in future episodes
Jul 23, 2016 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
I had a good laugh with this one.
Sep 16, 2016 6:17 PM

Sep 2013
I really thought Zuka would get the part...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 14, 2017 3:00 PM

May 2010
Poor Zuka, beginner seiyuu really have it tough! Not that surprising, popularity matters A LOT nowadays, and so does experience :< It'd be nice if she got at least some supporting role in their series...

Meanwhile, Taitanic studio looks not so reliable, I'm a bit worried. New guy at Musani seems cheeky, not a fan of him at the moment.
Apr 21, 2017 3:21 PM
Dec 2013
goddamn it im pissed she didn't get the role fuck this.
Apr 21, 2017 4:01 PM

Mar 2013
My girl didn't get a role

Being Shizuka is hard T_T
Jun 9, 2017 2:50 AM

Jul 2012
Noooooo Shizuka didn't get a role D: Let's hope that the person they chose suddenly can't take the job for some reason..

Also, Misa having a new job and her working on the anime with them was so sudden. I wonder if they had to cut that part out or we'll be getting back to it later.

And I hope we'll be able to see that new girl from the end of the last arc. We need someone yelling at Tōru :p

AndoJun 9, 2017 2:55 AM
Jul 15, 2017 9:06 PM

Jul 2017
I was so happy that Zuka was completely confident and she did well in her audition.

Cut to near the end and she doesn't get the position. Man that was totally heartbreaking. Especially when she is the only one left out of working on the anime out of the group of five.
Aug 20, 2017 3:30 PM

Jun 2013
Jesus, that meeting was incredibly annoying to listen to, with those three obnoxious guys. (I would have screamed their heads off if I had been there. That was supposed to be a business meeting, not a goddamn football match. Use your indoor voice, damn it.) And the scene just kept going on and on and on. Possibly the biggest misfire in the show so far, if that was supposed to be comedy; it stopped being funny after about ten seconds.

Hiraoka actually talks down to Miyamori. I hate it when a character is just mean in a pre-packaged way, without being interesting. Miyamori was super passive in this episode, even though she's supposed to be in more important position now. Overall, this episode is definitely my least favorite so far, I'd rather just forget it ever happened. Zuka was the only good thing of note here.
LeeTailorAug 20, 2017 3:51 PM
Sep 4, 2017 1:20 PM

Nov 2016
Well I like Shirobako somewhat but I don't know any of the characters names apart from Miyamori so I am completely lost with the plot. I'm disappointed so far.
Sep 6, 2017 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
Pixel_Vapour said:
Well I like Shirobako somewhat but I don't know any of the characters names apart from Miyamori so I am completely lost with the plot. I'm disappointed so far.

Well the show's purpose isn't really to make you remember all the characters since it has a diverse cast, it's basically a journey of four girls(or 3 specifically for the focus) with meeting varieties or people and facing trials and tribulations in the anime industry. So yeah you don't really need to recognize anyone as long as you follow what they are facing.
Jan 14, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2015
The voice actor meeting was one of the funniest/one of my favorite moments in the series so far. "Butts can't talk!" "You never know!" Things got surprisingly heated...why did that one guy seemingly attack the director over the sales of Jiggly Jiggly Heaven again, though? Exodus seems to be doing well.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 22, 2018 2:29 PM
Jan 2012
Oh Zuka-chan make a good moment,but judges of auditions very injustice.
Diesel chan like this nickname. Much cool see Rii-chan conquest your space in the Musahino studios.
Oct 22, 2018 6:36 AM

Sep 2011
Well, too bad they're so close on fulfilling their dreams.

Jan 16, 2019 12:09 AM

Aug 2015
Interesting to see in the VA casting every corporate group trying to push its own interest against what's good for the project as a whole. I wonder if this is a symptom unqiue to Japan's corporate structure.

The publisher's got their own Taro on the job...hoo boy

Studio Taitanic
I've got a bad feeling about this
Apr 21, 2019 6:17 AM

Feb 2018
Selecting seiyuu is hard xD.
May 15, 2019 7:40 PM
Feb 2009
omg i almost cried when Zuka told em she didn't get the part :/
Oct 20, 2019 8:18 AM

Apr 2013
A 14 hour meetings about VAs? Damn, that's rough. It really saddened me a bit when Zuka did not get the role, even though I also wanted Shizuka to get it again since she's just so good.
Jan 10, 2020 8:47 AM

Dec 2015
Rewatching this, I find it even better than I remember it from the first time.

Especially at the meeting scene I laughed more than at some comedy titles combined. Really great.
Jan 18, 2021 6:49 AM

Jul 2017
RIP Shizuka. Nearly got the chance to work with Aoi, Ema (and even Midori now after she got hired as a setting instructor for all the help she did through Aoi in regards to analyzing and summarizing information to keep in mind about planes), but got rejected in the end for the role of Noa and Catherine. The voice acting selection scene was overexaggerated for the comedic factor, and while I personally didn't find it that funny, it was interesting to at least see the amount of factors needed for people to be selected for any role whatsoever. A really competitive market as a whole where you need the experience, the talent, the versatility and the looks to really go big.
Jan 25, 2021 8:21 AM

Feb 2019
When Shizuka was told to try Catherine's lines, I thought that she'd be chosen for sure. Sad that it didn't happen, even though her name was mentioned, by the Directory himself no less... A shame, but I guess it is quite the improvement and even Mr. Katsuragi said that she didn't sound like a newbie. Although I do think that there might be a chance that she'll join this production down the line if something were to happen to that Suzuka Itou or something that got chosen for the role, like scheduling problems... Holding on to that hope!

It was awesome to see Midori getting a part-time job at Musashino Animation! Great job and well earned, all because she was such a dear and decided to help out her senpai Aoi without asking for anything in return. Well, she's been doing damn good research! Awesome to see her in a suit at Musashino Animation.

When they all got together, it was really sad when Shizuka was the only one that still didn't get a job, and Midori is even still a student... I hope she gets something soon.
Apr 11, 2021 7:13 AM

May 2015
This guy is 100% boobs.... I mean right.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 13, 2021 12:18 AM

Aug 2019
I feel like the editor giving the okay on everything without asking the writer is really going to screw over the crew somewhere down the line
Jan 16, 2023 11:21 PM
Feb 2022
ive been enjoying the show more and more and certainly the last few episodes. im not sure about giving it a perfect score but i can see why this is rated so high
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.