Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2014 6:06 AM
Sep 2007
I guess that's out fate...
Dec 13, 2014 6:27 AM

Oct 2011
we had to "suffer" it since SplashStar - only non-pink lead was Cure Black so I don't see a problem here. even less of it when out of all of them I could only say that Mana and Miyuki were truly bad (Megumi did improve along the road).
Dec 13, 2014 8:43 AM

Jul 2012
Dude, she has pink in her costume. We haven't even seen her civilian form. We don't even know what her personality will be like, at all. Chill.
Dec 13, 2014 9:31 PM

Aug 2014
ihateeveryone said:
Dude, she has pink in her costume. We haven't even seen her civilian form. We don't even know what her personality will be like, at all. Chill.

I have no idea what you mean by "we don't even know what her personality will be like", but your right. She is very nice and besides, Princess isn't the leading type, Fortune would be a little too pushy, and... I'm actually not sure about Honey....
Dec 13, 2014 9:44 PM
Sep 2011
lkagaminer said:

I have no idea what you mean by "we don't even know what her personality will be like",

Alot of people complain about the pink leaders having silly, ditzy personalities, or being Mana. Tsubomi from Heartcatch is considered a refreshing change from the usual.
Dec 14, 2014 3:13 AM
Sep 2007
I was talking about the new series and the fact that Pink Precure always must be the focus of series.

As for personality, pretty much they all have that something similar positive to them, even if they aren't completely the same...

True refreshing change would be for instance bitch who is Precure lead, but still doesn't care in slightest about others, or that just isn't so ridiculously nice and positive.
Having a Precure lead like Tomoko Kuroki would also be a true refreshing change.

Or that we simply have, I don't know, Green Precure lead, or Brown Precure lead, etc...
Dec 14, 2014 4:30 AM

Oct 2011
Garfild said:
True refreshing change would be for instance bitch who is Precure lead, but still doesn't care in slightest about others, or that just isn't so ridiculously nice and positive.
Having a Precure lead like Tomoko Kuroki would also be a true refreshing change.
I can't see parents buying their kids toys with unlikeable main character... so this kind of change probably won't happen.

actually... I wouldn't mind some silly/ditzy character like Nozomi or Love. Mana was too perfect, Megumi is rather bland and Miyuki didn't felt like a lead at all.
there is also Saki and Tsubomi (at least from time to time) as more normal kind of character but I don't think we might get it too.
Dec 14, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2012
lkagaminer said:
ihateeveryone said:

I have no idea what you mean by "we don't even know what her personality will be like", but your right. She is very nice and besides, Princess isn't the leading type, Fortune would be a little too pushy, and... I'm actually not sure about Honey....

The person is upset that we're getting another Pink lead in the next series when for all we know she could be totally unlike any other leader.

Garfild said:

Or that we simply have, I don't know, Green Precure lead, or Brown Precure lead, etc...

>Bitch for a Precure lead
These are series made for 5 year old girls that's supposed to give them some morals and positivity.

And, again, we don't know what she'll be like yet? At all? She could be a bitch or she could be like Tomoko, so why are you complaining now when all we have is character design leaks?
Dec 14, 2014 1:32 PM
Jan 2010
Garfild said:
I was talking about the new series and the fact that Pink Precure always must be the focus of series.

As for personality, pretty much they all have that something similar positive to them, even if they aren't completely the same...

Yeah, because how dare the writers write a character who could act as a positive role model for children! Despicable! We should just have a lead character that goes around acting ungrateful to all her friends and family, that'll be a real runaway success with the kids and parents who watch it!

Better yet, how about having a serial murderer for a Precure leader? I'm sure that'd be fantastic; young kids traumatised at having to watch the main character of a magical girl show go around killing lots of people whilst on the run from the police! Sounds amazing, right?

Masserati_Dec 14, 2014 3:48 PM
Dec 14, 2014 1:38 PM

Mar 2012
Pink is a pretty rad color though.
Dec 14, 2014 2:38 PM
Sep 2007
I was kidding about bitch part - I'm well aware for who is actually this series.

Still, always having story revolve around Pinks can actually send negative message - like, why is this girl so special out of everyone else?

Or why is this girl leader just because she is pink?
Or why is she leader at all, when all members are girls like her and of the same age; for exactly what reason is she blessed being in center of attention and with most screentime.

Movies are even bigger unfair garbage, because Pinks are there even more present.
Dec 14, 2014 2:39 PM
Sep 2007
I mean, why always pink?
Dec 14, 2014 3:24 PM

Oct 2011
Garfild said:
I mean, why always pink?
I go with version that pink outfit is most popular among target group of series - so more toys, clothes, lunch-boxes, pens, plushies sells. which I see as easiest explanation to why Toei/Bandai used different color only once (on a character that is probably worst role model for kids in entire franchise).
Dec 20, 2014 6:53 AM

Aug 2013
Garfild said:
I mean, why always pink?

Because 5-year-old girls like pink.

The cures having pink in their color doesn't bother me all that much.
Dec 20, 2014 7:35 AM

Oct 2013
The thing is, the pink leaders DO deserve to be the leaders. At least the ones we've had. It is not because of their pink outfits, but because they have proven to have the right attitude. The story resolves around them because of that! I'm responding to your question of why are these pink cures made leaders when they are also "normal girls".

I'll start from Nozomi since she's the first true pink leader (Cure Black had some pink accents in her outfits and in a way she was the protagonist, but she was not any sort of leader! Her role as a Cure was equally important to White's! In fact Shiny Luminous was pink and she was no leader either. Cure Bloom also isn't a leader in spite of her pink because it was a duo in which no one was the leader.).

Nozomi was silly and a klutz, but she did have the leader attitude, and she was the one who made the whole group stick together. Besides, the others chose her to be the leader. She wasn't very good at anything, but she had this inspirational vibe which had nothing to do with the colour pink, but with her personality.

Love was less silly perhaps, though she still wasn't great at most stuff, but she acted as the leader in Fresh because she was the one who had the attitude, and she was the truly inspirational one of the group. She deserves to be a leader not because of her pink, but because she is a lovely girl who knew how to transmit love to her friends, and knew how to push them forward.

Tsubomi was a change, and Toei probably decided that the focus should be on a different type of girl who is equally as inspirational, though in another way. A shy girl that truly wants to change and is aiming to really improve herself. Imagine how many girls are out there who can see themselves in Tsubomi! Imagine how happy they were that they could also have their spotlight in spite of their shyness. Tsubomi did not have a spotlight because she was pink, but rather because she deserved one. You could argue that Marine, being as extroverted as she is, could do a better job, but I believe that she does not have that "caring for others" vibe like Tsubomi. (I mean, yeah, she did, but it was kind of harder for her to truly transmit that.)

Hibiki is a bit of a different case, because the story didn't resolve around her so much. What she had that made her stand out from the others was her energy. But still, Suite is pretty much a teamwork season, and Hibiki is not sold as much as THE important one. Like, yeah, she was sort of a leader because of her energy and determination, but I don't think that she was made to stand out that much and be the oh protagonist.

Miyuki is kind of the same as Nozomi. She may not be as inspirational (or maybe she is?) but she certainly demonstrated that she could put on a smile when no one could, and she certainly was determined to give everyone their happy ending and make them "ultra happy". That, for me, is enough reason for someone to be the leader. Her friends had great personalities, but they just wouldn't work as well as leaders, perhaps because they didn't have that invincible faith all the time, and found it harder to smile like that at the worst times. So again, nothing to do with pink!

Unfortunately I cannot say anything about Mana at the moment because I have only seen 9 episodes. She certainly won't make into my favourite characters' list, but from what I have seen, she is the most fit to be a leader. Mana's perfection is sort of comic but it does seem to make her the most fit of the team to be the leader.

And Megumi is kind of the same thing like most of them! She simply has the love for others, she always puts others before herself. And that is a perfect trait for a leader to have!

The reason why all of these wonderful girls are given the colour pink is because pink is a very strong colour so why not give it to the character you want to stand out? Besides, girls of that age do usually like pink. Plus, it's probably the connotations. Like, imagine giving Nozomi the colour green. Green is a much more tranquil colour, and it simply doesn't have the energy that a magical girl leader needs.

Sorry for the long post, I was bored and wanted to rant about something! I hope I have explained myself in why I believe that these girls were truly fit to be the leaders, not just because Toei made them pink.
The past isn't important. What is important is whether or not you can smile right now.
Dec 21, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2012
ZomiNimrod said:
The thing is, the pink leaders DO deserve to be the leaders. At least the ones we've had. It is not because of their pink outfits, but because they have proven to have the right attitude. The story resolves around them because of that! I'm responding to your question of why are these pink cures made leaders when they are also "normal girls".

I'll start from Nozomi since she's the first true pink leader (Cure Black had some pink accents in her outfits and in a way she was the protagonist, but she was not any sort of leader! Her role as a Cure was equally important to White's! In fact Shiny Luminous was pink and she was no leader either. Cure Bloom also isn't a leader in spite of her pink because it was a duo in which no one was the leader.).

Nozomi was silly and a klutz, but she did have the leader attitude, and she was the one who made the whole group stick together. Besides, the others chose her to be the leader. She wasn't very good at anything, but she had this inspirational vibe which had nothing to do with the colour pink, but with her personality.

Love was less silly perhaps, though she still wasn't great at most stuff, but she acted as the leader in Fresh because she was the one who had the attitude, and she was the truly inspirational one of the group. She deserves to be a leader not because of her pink, but because she is a lovely girl who knew how to transmit love to her friends, and knew how to push them forward.

Tsubomi was a change, and Toei probably decided that the focus should be on a different type of girl who is equally as inspirational, though in another way. A shy girl that truly wants to change and is aiming to really improve herself. Imagine how many girls are out there who can see themselves in Tsubomi! Imagine how happy they were that they could also have their spotlight in spite of their shyness. Tsubomi did not have a spotlight because she was pink, but rather because she deserved one. You could argue that Marine, being as extroverted as she is, could do a better job, but I believe that she does not have that "caring for others" vibe like Tsubomi. (I mean, yeah, she did, but it was kind of harder for her to truly transmit that.)

Hibiki is a bit of a different case, because the story didn't resolve around her so much. What she had that made her stand out from the others was her energy. But still, Suite is pretty much a teamwork season, and Hibiki is not sold as much as THE important one. Like, yeah, she was sort of a leader because of her energy and determination, but I don't think that she was made to stand out that much and be the oh protagonist.

Miyuki is kind of the same as Nozomi. She may not be as inspirational (or maybe she is?) but she certainly demonstrated that she could put on a smile when no one could, and she certainly was determined to give everyone their happy ending and make them "ultra happy". That, for me, is enough reason for someone to be the leader. Her friends had great personalities, but they just wouldn't work as well as leaders, perhaps because they didn't have that invincible faith all the time, and found it harder to smile like that at the worst times. So again, nothing to do with pink!

Unfortunately I cannot say anything about Mana at the moment because I have only seen 9 episodes. She certainly won't make into my favourite characters' list, but from what I have seen, she is the most fit to be a leader. Mana's perfection is sort of comic but it does seem to make her the most fit of the team to be the leader.

And Megumi is kind of the same thing like most of them! She simply has the love for others, she always puts others before herself. And that is a perfect trait for a leader to have!

The reason why all of these wonderful girls are given the colour pink is because pink is a very strong colour so why not give it to the character you want to stand out? Besides, girls of that age do usually like pink. Plus, it's probably the connotations. Like, imagine giving Nozomi the colour green. Green is a much more tranquil colour, and it simply doesn't have the energy that a magical girl leader needs.

Sorry for the long post, I was bored and wanted to rant about something! I hope I have explained myself in why I believe that these girls were truly fit to be the leaders, not just because Toei made them pink.

This is the most perfect response ever.
Dec 24, 2014 4:22 PM
Sep 2007
So, what you're saying is that all other girls are garbage and fodders because they sometimes aren't as energetic, and will always be doomed to follow Pink color because it's pink, even though they are just as nice people?

Thanks for response.
Dec 25, 2014 2:13 AM

Sep 2008
Pink is the most popular and marketable colour to little girls.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Dec 26, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2012
Garfild said:
So, what you're saying is that all other girls are garbage and fodders because they sometimes aren't as energetic, and will always be doomed to follow Pink color because it's pink, even though they are just as nice people?

Thanks for response.
How do you misinterpret something THAT badly? Christ. Zomi just said that the girls with the most leaderlike qualities for the group usually get the pink which signifies leader. Damn.
Dec 28, 2014 7:34 AM
May 2013
i wonder, you you guys also complained that madoka main theme was pink?
or that all Supe sentai so far featured a red leader?
Jan 2, 2015 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
ihateeveryone said:
Garfild said:

Thanks for response.
How do you misinterpret something THAT badly? Christ. Zomi just said that the girls with the most leaderlike qualities for the group usually get the pink which signifies leader. Damn.

Thank you for explaining that for me! <3
The past isn't important. What is important is whether or not you can smile right now.
Jan 26, 2015 4:55 PM

Aug 2007
Garfild said:
I mean, why always pink?

Just because is a color most of girls of 5 years like. That's why we see pink in the lead cure.
Jan 27, 2015 11:29 AM

Nov 2012
It's become very annoying that Lovely somehow has taken the protagonist role! Especially since this show is obviously about Princess and saving her family, as well as the whole kingdom, from the Dark Empire. But all that seems to have been put aside completely. This is very frustrating indeed! Why do they feel it's a good choice to ruin a whole show like that? Are people seriously enjoying this strange turn of events? I am very disappointed in this show.
~The 1000th Summer~
Jan 27, 2015 8:17 PM

Sep 2008
@Sildendris

I didn't find a problem with the change. Hime grew into a fairly mature character and lost most of her spoilt, brattiness in the latter parts of the series. The Blue Sky kingdom plot also got resolved with the rescue of Mirage. Megumi's love triangle had been foreshadowed for an excruciatingly long time, and her tears during what should have been a double happy ending (Blue Sky Kingdom rescued, Hime's reunion with parents + Blue x Mirage reunion) was a good transition IMO.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Jun 8, 2016 4:53 AM

May 2008
TheAwesomeHannah said:
Garfild said:
I mean, why always pink?

Pls
8-14-year old*
Jun 8, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2013
Haou-Judai said:
TheAwesomeHannah said:

Pls
8-14-year old*

Pls
16 year old. c:
Jun 8, 2016 6:11 AM

May 2008
TheAwesomeHannah said:
Haou-Judai said:

Pls
8-14-year old*

Pls
16 year old. c:

XD for me precure is All age and unisex btw XD
Jun 8, 2016 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
Haou-Judai said:
TheAwesomeHannah said:

Pls
16 year old. c:

XD for me precure is All age and unisex btw XD

I agree with everything you said.
May 7, 2022 12:21 AM

May 2018
toei should use other color besides pink and white its almost a give away for having always pink cure
becomes leaders ,why can red color become a leader of a cure team for once , like TOEI using red as
the leader of Super Sentai
Jun 30, 2023 3:52 AM
Oct 2021
I assume you like Hirogaru Sky! then.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 42 Discussion

NV2301 - Dec 2, 2014

10 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 10 Discussion

danz - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 36 Discussion

SamyAino - Oct 12, 2014

9 by Atsunome »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 13, 2014

19 by Atsunome »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 7 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 16, 2014

30 by Atsunome »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.