Forum Settings
Forums

Shooting Game 'Gunslinger Stratos' Gets TV Anime for Spring 2015

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 10, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2011
This feels like its gonna be really bad, i mean im mainly saying that cause A-1 pictures are god awful and they will find a way to fuck things up, but also just cause it sounds like it will be pretty bland. Hopefully not but i wont really hold my breath on this one.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 10, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2011
It looks like it has a great deal of potential to fail.

I might try it for a bit of action fanservice.
Dec 10, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
Seems like generic, mindless fun.
"Hi!"
Dec 10, 2014 4:07 PM

Dec 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:

From the fanboy side of things that's such a convenient position to be in as a creative consultant working out of Nitroplus where people can basically suggest that if something is a hit it's all thanks to the ideas he presented to his contractors and if not it's because the people who contracted him weren't competent enough to live up to his brilliance or whatever it is.

Also IMO his last actual decent anime work credit including movies was Psycho Pass back in 2012 which while not great at least did some justice by it's genre and didn't rely on some form of subversion of expectations for the most part. Everything else since has been either unremarkable or downright mediocre so we'll see where this falls, but I'm sooner betting on the mediocre one given how game adaptations usually tend to go, particularly A-1's.

You know, this sounds truly bad. I bet there are many people who could do as bad as Urobuchi out there with a source, but there's also a chance them doing better. Waving his ass everywhere eventually won't help anyone.

As for the game/adaptation, the premise reminded me a bit of the Edolas Arc, which is the one I enjoyed the most in Fairy Tail. I don't expect "more", I just hope it would be a decent action watch.
zellamiDec 10, 2014 4:41 PM
Dec 10, 2014 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
It looks interesting.
Dec 11, 2014 4:40 AM

Oct 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I find it funny how A-1 tends to mean such different things to such different people. Some see it as a seal of quality cause they get to adapt a lot of popular works, others like myself see them as kind of bunglers that hog popular licenses that other studios with less overworked staff and more open schedules could probably do more with.
well, a-1 pictures as an animation studio is hard to judge since they don't have any inhouse staff in contrast to studios like Bones or GODani. for their projects they always hire differrent people who then use their own connections to get people they normally work with. look at idolmaster, it was basically a gainax/trigger show at a-1. so depending on the staff the animation quality can range from fucking awesome (Birdy, SAO, Im@s) to absolute horseshit like in this case. of course a good schedule is important too.
BrobotDec 11, 2014 4:51 AM
Dec 11, 2014 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
SnazzGary said:
A normal student

No. No no no no no. Why always students? The concept seems 'OK', but Jesus, why students? Can't something at least not have a school setting?

Also, more game adaptations. Great. //Sarcasm

So when is Karneval getting a second season?

Edit: What the fuck is up with those character designs?

Why? I don't see what's wrong. It's by Urobuchi. Isn't that reason enough? lol

Join the A Team. Follow Yuasa Masaaki instead.
Dec 11, 2014 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
just saying, urabuchi is only listed as original creator.....he was also listed as that for PP season 2, aldnoah, and suisei, all 3 shows he had no real control over what happened. Bitching/praising him now is just gonna end up being null cause he very likley wont do anything in regards to this shows final outcome

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 11, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2013
Let's forget for a moment that it's A-1.

Let's forget for a moment that it's Urobutcher.

I'll be honest, this looks like arse.
Dec 11, 2014 7:16 PM

Apr 2013
lol the trailer looks awful.. doubt it'll be interesting, urobutcher starting to make more and more shitty anime.
Dec 12, 2014 6:53 PM

Dec 2014
Why, interesting!
Dec 13, 2014 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
Chibi-Alice said:
I'm interested, but this will not be on my priority list.

same here and beside what a long ass name japan has
Dec 14, 2014 7:09 PM

Sep 2011
seems like a very boring pretty girls + pretty boys in apocalyptic setting.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 14, 2015 5:55 AM

Dec 2007
People here say Gen is just attaching his name and shit, but when you play the game it literally has him in the credits under story composition/setting or something. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote the scenario for the game, but of course an entire anime scrip is a different story so we will see. All I'm saying is people need to calm down with assuming they know everything (but I guess that's MAL).

But I've been playing the game recently and its insanely fun. I'm gonna watch it just off that bases (even though I'm actually in love with Gen's EARLIEST work before he fell off doing anime).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
58 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.