Forum Settings
Forums

Director Yamada and Tamako Love Story awarded at the 18th Japan Media Arts Festival

New
Nov 28, 2014 3:53 AM
Jan 2012
The 18th Japan Media Arts Festival (sponsored by Agency for Cultural Affairs of Japan): Animation Division, New Face Award is given to ... ... Director Naoko Yamada's Tamako Love Story.

Awarded reason:

"A New Face Award is given, but in a way this movie can be described as having reached the highest point of contemporary Japanese animation.
Seen from global perspective, Japanese animation has a unique development; indeed, the perspective of finding fresh emotions in casual daily life is its uniqueness. If we watch this movie's images attentively, we find sharp sensibility, craftsmanship as animator, and calculations as director, backed by a strong will. The jury is convinced that the genre "Japanimation" is exactly represented by this work."

That's a very happy birthday present to you!
GohanwaOkazuNov 28, 2014 4:37 AM
Nov 28, 2014 3:56 AM

May 2013
Congrats.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 28, 2014 4:54 AM

Jul 2011
Well deserved
Nov 28, 2014 5:55 AM

Nov 2007
The subtle things from Tamako dropping the mochi shaped stone when confessed to to catching the cup-phone before confessing, from Tamako wanting to add milk to her bitter coffee to Mochizou not adding sugar to taste the bitterness of coffee, those small things really. If you didn't really get the hidden spectacles in those tiny moments of their lives, you couldn't really grasp the true beauty of the movie. I watched the 1 hr 20 mins long movie in little under 3 hrs because I knew I was watching something special and paused and smiled every the other minute.

It will not be an overstatement to say this truly has been a masterpiece and I would like to congratulate Yamada and her team for getting the recognition for this magnificent movie. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2014 7:46 AM
Jan 2012
shanimebib said:
The subtle things from Tamako dropping the mochi shaped stone when confessed to to catching the cup-phone before confessing, from Tamako wanting to add milk to her bitter coffee to Mochizou not adding sugar to taste the bitterness of coffee, those small things really.

Yes, yes, and yes. I really liked that Mochizou's part of not adding sugar at the coffee shop and admitting bitterness of youth at the Kamo River Delta in the evening. That was beautiful.
Nov 28, 2014 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
SweetCoconut said:
Congrats.

thanks
Oct 27, 2015 11:06 PM

Dec 2013
shanimebib said:
The subtle things from Tamako dropping the mochi shaped stone when confessed to to catching the cup-phone before confessing, from Tamako wanting to add milk to her bitter coffee to Mochizou not adding sugar to taste the bitterness of coffee, those small things really. If you didn't really get the hidden spectacles in those tiny moments of their lives, you couldn't really grasp the true beauty of the movie. I watched the 1 hr 20 mins long movie in little under 3 hrs because I knew I was watching something special and paused and smiled every the other minute.

It will not be an overstatement to say this truly has been a masterpiece and I would like to congratulate Yamada and her team for getting the recognition for this magnificent movie. :)
well said man.

i love this stuff as well, but when i talk about it i just sound pretentious. As a result i don't mention the subtle stuff anymore. i just keep it to myself ;_____;

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Love Story Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

251 by bakakisima »»
Apr 28, 1:15 PM

» Can i watch it without watching tamako market?

ogseyo - Dec 7, 2021

26 by ANormalUser »»
Apr 11, 6:35 PM

» New Project Announced

_MushiRock11_ - Jan 8, 2023

14 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 23, 9:12 PM

» 2021! Tamako after story?

yesvirgi - Jan 14, 2021

7 by KitsuFrost »»
Aug 30, 2022 6:09 AM

» tamako love story ending

briannaxlee - Jun 28, 2015

22 by KitsuFrost »»
Aug 28, 2022 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.