Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2014 10:23 AM

Oct 2008
This post may look like a cheap way of promoting my YouTube channel, and in part it could be, but I`ve been doing a complete chronology in video about all the magical girl series in anime history.

So I want you to give me some feedback about the contents, the series I included and if I left out some series that were worth mentioning, the format and some other things I should've done.

I know my pronunciation wasn't so good since I'm not an english native speaker and I'm trying to improve with each new video.

The playlist is this:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8QJ-4cSuBotJ_QP6uHF-4aYVBk6x6l-1

By the way, I chose to mention only the first series if they have many seasons or versions under the same name (like Precure).

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 2, 2014 5:36 PM

Sep 2007
Late reply is late! BUT I have watched a good portion of your videos (Up until year 2000-ish era) and found them to be really great. The length is just right and you touch on the right points when discussing each show: general premise, what is interesting/unique about it in the genre, and if it had any lasting impact.

The only thing I can say about improving them is the audio. In some videos, it's hard to hear you because the music is louder than your voice. :( BUT outside that, great job and I shall definitely be watching the rest, especially since you've given me a bunch of shows I will watch now. :D

As for series worth mentioning, I think you covered the most important/influential ones. I'm kind of partial to Saint Tail since it was one of the first manga I started collecting, but I can see why you would skip over it, so no worries. :)
Dec 3, 2014 5:31 PM

Oct 2008
Thanks a lot, I'll take all your comments into account and maybe I'll redo some videos the next year to correct those audio issues and to fix some minor details.

Feb 27, 2015 9:44 AM
May 2008
Well I finally caught up on the videos. Funny I actually started watching them before you made this topic, through your profile.

The accent didn't bother me since I'm used to being around them, and the audio improves from video 10 onwards.

About the videos themselves. It's to great to see that you also considered even the lesser known older series too :) It seems we have similar viewpoints on certain areas about the genre, except for some series.

Watching the chronology made me realise something that had been on my mind for the past five or so years. Few magical girl animes after 2005 have interested me(not counting Sailor Moon) Sad....makes me appreciate Umimonogatari more, even if I didn't like it's ending.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What is your favourite Magical Girl Anime?

soaring_wings - Oct 7, 2008

32 by Dreamingone »»
Mar 29, 10:15 PM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

7 by ooReiko »»
Mar 1, 2:19 PM

» What mahou-shoujo anime are you watching

pinkrupee - Mar 22, 2013

25 by ooReiko »»
Feb 9, 2023 2:31 PM

» Non fighting Magical Girls, had you watched or read any of these kind of series?

SourcererZ - Nov 11, 2014

6 by RICEA42991 »»
Nov 29, 2022 12:17 AM

Sticky: » Club Announcements/Updates/News

RICEA42991 - Sep 20, 2022

0 by RICEA42991 »»
Sep 20, 2022 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.