Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2014 7:20 PM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
man he shouldn't have drunk all that sake
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 23, 2015 12:41 AM

Jan 2015
Are you afraid of Death?? Musashi??
Jun 26, 2016 9:17 PM
Mar 2015
Notes I made for chapters 25-30

**Chapter 25**:

*The color spread with the chapter title on it is great. We can tell based on it that the biggest challenges of the Yoshioka for Musashi are Seijuro, Toji, Ueda, and Denshichiro. Though Musashi has a serious face, however, it seems only Ueda is the one acknowledging him at the moment.
*Now we have another interesting point of view as with the chapter twenty-two spread. Instead of the entire Yoshioka before Musashi, it is Ueda… but instead of Musashi appearing bigger than him, we have a more interesting case. Either Ueda is supposed to be larger, as we get an upward view of him from below Musashi, or they are supposed to be equals, as Musashi is still in the foreground and therefore commanding, but Ueda is so big as to be cut from the frame with his height.
*Ueda appears to have far more control, but Musashi’s pure strength, so he is at least holding his own with it.
*And still Musashi holds that dream, to be Invincible Under the Sun. But now, at least, he seems to be doing it for no one else but himself.
*I’m wondering what these little realizations from Ueda are. So far he’s had micro-reactions from hearing these things about Musashi: that he is from Sakushu, that his father was Munisai Shinmen (not really surprising though, he was a renowned swordsman himself), and his new name, Miyamoto.
*Ahh, as usual, just as it’s about to get extremely interesting, our chapters run out…

Some notes I made on these chapters:

**Chapter 26**:

*The first two pages of color really show the contrast in dress between Musashi and the Yoshioka. He really does look a bit hickish.
*Just wanted to point out some of Inoue’s attention to detail I just noticed: the samurai are reflected off the polished hardwood floor.
*Interesting how Seijuro circles Musashi for just a page before mostly ignoring him again. Very laid back sword master. Also, excellent panel transition, having Seijuro walk out of the panel to the left, and the following panel depicting a crow flying to the left. Suggests death, obviously, where there has been.
*Back to Matahachi. He really is bad at thinking ahead; he does this seemingly grand actions, only to lead to a pathetic finale.
*This is the first time we’ve really seen Musashi show fear, and he’s really trying to suppress it. It’s actually not even as if mentally he is afraid; his actual body is physically frightened by Seijuro, especially now that he has provoked him.
*Alright, so let’s break down the character-by-character reactions to Musashi’s challenge to the Yoshioka:
>Matahachi: thankful, but still pitiful.
>Denshichiro: was irritated, now irate.
>Toji: silently watching, occasionally smirking.
>Ueda: attempting to diffuse the situation (and probably still trying to take Musashi himself, or taking the side of Seijuro, even if he likely respects Denshichiro more as a swordsman).
>Seijuro: trying to give Musashi a few last chances.
>Other Yoshioka: being hype-men and gawking at Musashi’s outlandish behavior.
*After seeing the calligraphic style of drawing once more (and on thinking of future chapters that I have already read), I think I’ve determined that that drawing style is meant to show the “soul in turmoil.” As a person gets more fired up, it’s more likely that they will be drawn in this style, as Denshichiro is now, and very heavily I might add; so I don’t think Musashi will be the only one drawn like this consistently in the future.
*Seijuro is an absolute beast; this is his way of diffusing the situation when no one else could hahahah
*One last thing: as far as I know, an exchange of sake is a sign of much amiability in Japanese culture, so to reject it so harshly is definitely a big no-no.

**Chapter 27**:

*You can see that even the more reserved Yoshioka members are a bit tense by the small traces of sweat drawn on them. I imagine that’s from seeing Seijuro at work, when they rarely see that.
*You’d think that massive gush of blood would be rather distracting, but Musashi won’t let Seijuro off.
*Aaaand Seijuro gives no fucks!
*”What an arrogant guy…” coming from Musashi ha
*Looks like Gion Toji models his view on people through Seijuro. Think he’s just trying to copy him.
*Not too much happened in this chapter, except for a small increase in tension. Denshichiro is about to go crazy.

**Chapter 28**:

*Great panel to open on. Denshichiro just … raw. Sad, angry, honor-bound, you can see it all on his face.
*That candle shown after the panel where Matahachi says “But what can I do?” is certainly foreshadowing.
*Ah, one of my favorite panels. I have it as a wallpaper, if anyone is interested. (The “I’m ready”)
*Matahachi really is pathetic. His plan wasn’t half bad either … except that Musashi would likely have still fought in the flames.
*Now, Musashi takes the word “demon” far differently than even a few chapters ago. He doesn’t do it for attention, but to know that he has improved.

**Chapter 29**:

*I’d always wondered why Musashi didn’t pick up an actual blade for quite some time.
*”You have never faced a truly strong opponent…” Probably true. He battled in Sekigahara, where it would have been grunts fighting on the front lines. He fought Tsujikaze, a mountain bandit. A pugnacious ronin, who he defeated with a signpost. And some fodder at Yoshioka. Of course, he had to deal with his dad, but I think it is still indeed safe to say he has not had a true challenge.
*Denshichiro is channeling his rage much more smoothly now, and showing why he is the number two at the Yoshioka school. Even with his size, he is dodging Musashi’s attacks, which are supposed to be extremely fast/strong.
*Matahachi has gotten sidetracked once more.
*Good god, that panel of Musashi and Denshichiro staring off, the former seemingly a bit off and the latter cool as ice, is epic as hell.
*And because of Denshichiro’s balance, he made a greater strike than Musashi could.

**Chapter 30**:

*Matahachi’s pretty strong, able to lift that big keg like that…
*Still, he is trying to make himself feel better by fantasizing, and failing. He knows that he is salt of the earth right now.
*Younger Munisai looks very similar to Musashi, and even more similar to the older Musashi from later chapters. Bravo Inoue.
*Musashi is starting to look like a wild beast again. Except this time, it’s one that is cornered. He may have some experience, but he’s never taken wounds like these before.
*Interesting how Musashi and Denshichiro are in a similar predicament. Neither of them seem to realize the other can’t move so well.
*And the candle foreshadowing falls through! Burn Yoshioka dojo, burn!
Sep 27, 2017 1:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a fire in the residence...will the fire stopp the fight? :/
Nov 21, 2020 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
Bruh the fire is going to interfere aw man that sucks
Apr 2, 2022 3:25 AM

Jul 2021
im impressed how matahachi drank all that sake guess its the only thing he is good at lmao
Jul 13, 2022 12:11 PM
May 2020
matahachi has gone and done it. anyways, musashi is finally admitting wanting to have the will to live. fear is only a consequence of that
Apr 5, 2023 12:48 PM
Mar 2023
ofc mf burnt the place down
Aug 31, 2023 12:48 PM

Aug 2022
The place is burning!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 327 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Interstice - May 24, 2015

105 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 2 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 15, 2012

16 by Goongalar »»
Apr 13, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 59 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Nov 28, 2013

13 by dantehasdantedme »»
Apr 12, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 322 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jan 19, 2014

37 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 315 Discussion

Raikoye - May 25, 2013

13 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.