Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2014 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
Hi!

I am a pretty long time anime fan, but surprisingly I just got into Inuyasha.

I had seen random episodes on toonami / adult swim late at night but not too many and never paid it too much attention.

I finally decided to watch it all, and I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I can see why its considered an anime classic! its become up there towards my most liked anime (altho not top favorites)...

anyway.. my question is how different is the ending than in the manga? I have heard Inuyasha the final act is 26 episodes long but based on over 20 VOLUMES OF MANGA.

I mean damn.

That is alot of skipped material. I am wondering, how important that material is to the story?

Is alot of it just excess Yokai slaying with nothing to do with Naraku? Or visits to the present? Or are there lots of plot points with Kikyo or Naraku's group that is cut out?

I want to know how much of the story I missed.. everything pretty much made sense but when I saw the huge disparity in content between the manga and Final Act it made me worry.

If anyone that is very knowledgeable on the manga could give me a general idea of what I have missed by just watching Final Act and not reading the manga, it would be greatly appreciated so I can decide if its worth reading or not.

I mean, I have heard there was enough manga content to make The Final Act 52 episodes instead of 26, thats alot of material cut!!

any help is appreciated!
Dec 18, 2014 9:50 PM

Feb 2009
There is a lot of misc. stories about yokai slayings and Tetsaiga power ups. There are some really good ones in there, but The Final Act covered the really important stuff.

More topics from this board

» Subtitles with honorifics?

Puncheon - May 26

2 by Notshane »»
May 27, 8:05 PM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.