Forum Settings
Forums

Valkyria Chronicles PC Port Coming Out World Wide on November 11... Why?

New
Oct 31, 2014 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
Just a few days ago, Sega announced that the 2008, Formerly PS3 exclusive strategy RPG, Valkyria Chronicles, will be arriving on PC's worldwide in Novemeber

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/29/valkyria-chronicles-pc-port-confirmed/

I've honestly been looking at it's sequel for the PSP but I never got around to playing (despite being told that it's excellent) because I didn't own a PS3 and couldn't play the first one so I'm probably gonna pick this up (even though I only have a weak laptop but it should run fine since it's an older game) but I still find this a little weird. Why is it that almost 7 years later, Sega just decides to port this game to PC? It could just be test the western waters to see if there's any future for the franchise here but it's still a little strange that they announced it only weeks before it's supposed to be released.
YouAreNotSugoiOct 31, 2014 10:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2014 10:49 PM
Oct 31, 2014 11:02 PM
Nov 2008
because they're likely testing the waters and seeing if valkyria is still popular, likely due to square enix porting to final fantasy type-0 to the ps4. maybe they'll port valkyria 2 to the ps4 and pc as well if it sells well?
Nov 1, 2014 11:22 AM

Mar 2013
About testing the water. I get it if this was a port to the PS4 but not PC. PC gonna have a split between people who love the game and buy it and people who are new to the franchise vs Bunch of people who is just going to pirate the game.

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
14 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
9 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.