Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 23, 2015 2:53 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Are you out of you mind with this comparison to Glasslip?
I get it. Glasslip was watched by much more people then usual bad anime.
Both are bad but Ushinawareta at least has story and goes somewhere normally.
In Glasshit story is NOTHING and it goes nowhere, supernatural plot was completely pointless, fucking alternate universe episode for nothing and ending is vague for no reason. Maybe director tried to be deep for last time with it.

I never watched Glasslip, but I heard many people say the things you just said about it, so I would probably agree.

fubuki211 said:

I don't know how your taste is (You gave this show a 9 and yet you gave NGNL a 1, so I think you too are the troll here), but a 12 episode show that left a cliffhanger at episode 1 and doesn't proceeds until episode 8 doesn't deserves a good score.

I may not agree with giving this anime a 9, but there's nothing wrong with giving NGNL a 1.
Jan 24, 2015 7:18 AM

Aug 2014
Mhypnotica said:

fubuki211 said:

I don't know how your taste is (You gave this show a 9 and yet you gave NGNL a 1, so I think you too are the troll here), but a 12 episode show that left a cliffhanger at episode 1 and doesn't proceeds until episode 8 doesn't deserves a good score.

I may not agree with giving this anime a 9, but there's nothing wrong with giving NGNL a 1.

There's nothing wrong with giving an anime any score the viewer wants to. But by his/her logic, if someone likes something she/he doesn't like, that person has bad taste, even if that anime is popular. I was just getting back at him/her.
Mar 5, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Nibelungen said:
My biggest problem with it is that it felt like a cheap knockoff of Steins;Gate. I probably would have given it a higher score if I hadn't already seen it though.

My other problem with it was that the slow, slice of life episodes took up too much of it's airtime. Were it a 22-24 episode anime I could see it working better, but IMO the writers should have focused more on the characters' cyclical, futile attempts to save Kaori, rather than the slice of life that led up to the initial incident.

Haven't seen S;G yet but agree on length, possibly they could have done better at adapting VN's if it was longer eps, but I could say that to ALL VN adapations...

I think the MAL rating is justified for this one.
Mar 15, 2015 6:52 AM
Jun 2013
I just finished this anime, still wonder why it has such a low score. Its one of the best anime I have seen this year (was so busy the past few months that I have to catch up with summer and fall anime). I really like the sci-fi part in this anime, the SOL parts aren't bad at all. One thing though, can any one tell me what is wrong with the animation? I thought it was average, not standout like some other anime I have seen but its no way bad.
Apr 18, 2015 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
It's best to take any information you read off MAL with a grain of salt. Countless times I've run into incorrect information leading to my displeasure when I watch an anime series.

And then when it comes to community related processes such as score rating or forum discussion, you just can't help developing brain cancer if you're on MAL long enough.

That being said, I personally find this farce of a database more cancerous than 4chan. OTL
Dec 19, 2015 10:55 AM

Apr 2009
Because it's FUNIMATION.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2023 11:17 AM
Mar 2016
I'm sorry for reviving this thread 8 years later, but I just found this anime by coincidence. I'm a native French speaker, and the fact that the text on the illustration makes no sense got me into watching the first episode thinking this was gonna be awful at best.

I ended up with an anime with so much style and good ideas that I watched all 12 episodes in one sitting. The OP and ED are awesome so they were never skipped (Idk why, but this is the case for every anime about time travel for me), and the story really got me into a weird vibe of a mix between Orange and Higurashi.
Speaking of time travel, they found a way to avoid the whole "I should just tell them I'm from the future" thingy with a very strong workaround. Everything makes sense when you watch them add piece after piece to the whole timeline. And that's not given to anybody to create such a strong base for this kind of anime. They also didn't go for the traditional "And they lived happily ever after" but decided to leave a missing piece to their whole puzzle, which makes you want to see the show until the last minute, to hope someone remembers her.

Anyway, that's a 9 for me.
The only frustration I have is the fake censorship of the deaths, and that I couldn't see their face when bad-timeline Yui coughs up the whole thing by saying "If you don't do this like that, bye bye Kaori".
DouwobewowMar 2, 2023 11:21 AM
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Dec 2021
Douwobewow said:
I'm sorry for reviving this thread 8 years later, but I just found this anime by coincidence. I'm a native French speaker, and the fact that the text on the illustration makes no sense got me into watching the first episode thinking this was gonna be awful at best.

I ended up with an anime with so much style and good ideas that I watched all 12 episodes in one sitting. The OP and ED are awesome so they were never skipped (Idk why, but this is the case for every anime about time travel for me), and the story really got me into a weird vibe of a mix between Orange and Higurashi.
Speaking of time travel, they found a way to avoid the whole "I should just tell them I'm from the future" thingy with a very strong workaround. Everything makes sense when you watch them add piece after piece to the whole timeline. And that's not given to anybody to create such a strong base for this kind of anime. They also didn't go for the traditional "And they lived happily ever after" but decided to leave a missing piece to their whole puzzle, which makes you want to see the show until the last minute, to hope someone remembers her.

Anyway, that's a 9 for me.
The only frustration I have is the fake censorship of the deaths, and that I couldn't see their face when bad-timeline Yui coughs up the whole thing by saying "If you don't do this like that, bye bye Kaori".
I always find it surprising when I hear there are still people watching this show,lol. I liked it a lot too since I'm a fan of time travel shows and bitter sweet endings. The last 4 episodes made me rate this from a 6 to an 8.5.

Regardless, the fact that this show has a score of 6.73 isn't too bad considering that it's old, has 0 attention, has low quality animation and is probably inferior compared to it's source material (vn).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM

Poll: » Which girl are you pairing Sou with?

sas4ha9 - Oct 4, 2014

14 by White_Alice »»
Apr 22, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.