Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 5, 2017 10:17 PM

Jun 2013
Not as great as the last episode, but still really good!
Jul 5, 2017 2:23 AM

Jul 2012
Araragi was so happy at the start haha. I really enjoy his short conversations with Mayoi. Her character has really grown on me.

I realized, after they said that the Nadeko incident happened just yesterday, that from the start of the Nadeko episode until the end of the last episode, those 4 episodes only covered 2 days :O

And Black Hanekawa finally appears. Really looking forward to it :)
Sep 16, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2016
Araragi being so happy after having a date with Hitagi is so adorable. Hihihi. He's so cute. His facial expressions yet again. I can't even.

MAYOIIIIIIIII! I missed you. Gaaaah. My baby Mayoi. <3 And what the fuck, Araragi, why would you touch Mayoi's oppai? Lmfao. I missed Mayoi a lot. :3

Aaand Hanekawa is not okay again. I swear probably the reason why she's so stressed again is she finds out Araragi is dating Hitagi, and she lowkey likes Araragi. That's just my theory, though. Hehe.

Araragi, you hentai! Haha.

What Hanekawa said made a lot of sense. Araragi's been attracting a lot of girls because yeah he's a vampire. Hehe. Araragi, you lucky bastard! Lmfao.

Aaand Hanekawa became the white/dirty cat. I'll stick to my theory that Hanekawa is so stressed is because of Araragi being in a relationship. Hehe.

Good fucking episode, as always.

P.S. Bruh, Hitagi breaking the fourth wall. Hahaha. I really thought her seiyuu is gonna imitate Hiroshi Kamiya's voice. I can't even with that scene. Hahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 27, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2016
Next episode should definitely be interesting and damn bro Oshino really called out Araragi for everything lewd he thought about throughout the course of the episode lol. I really hope they can rid Hanekawa of the Cat for good, but who knows considering she will still suffer from a lot of stress as soon as she is back to normal
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 31, 2017 8:04 PM

Sep 2013
A bit more entertaining than the last few episodes. This whole series is still just not for me though.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 28, 2018 2:48 AM

May 2018
I love Nekos, so cute... <3
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Nov 28, 2018 3:10 PM

Aug 2017
I like Senjougahara with black hair. Also, she breaking the 4th Wall is hilarious.

Soooo, Hanekawa's cat personality resurfaced.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 26, 2018 7:18 PM

Feb 2017
But why use 3DPD in the OP for the chick with the most anime-perfect figure.
Apr 1, 2019 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
Very meta 4th wall breaking joke

It looks like we're finally getting Hanekawa's part
Apr 26, 2019 5:25 PM
Apr 2016
The meddlecat appears again! This episode was rather dialogue-heavy, I don't dislike that haha, except most of it was recyclable.
May 12, 2019 8:54 AM

Dec 2018
I wonder why Hitagi hair color become black.

So Hanekawa called Araragi to help her but before that talk about radio joke. That's definitely a dating scheme.

And when Hanekawa said Araragi becomes popular around girl because of her eyes. I suddenly remember of Twilight. lol.

I wonder why Araragi has no normal friend, I mean like a male friend. Excluding MEME of course,
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 30, 2019 10:09 PM

Sep 2017
He totally just sexually assaulted poor Hachikuji. I guess a roaming spirit can't exactly go to the police though, eh? Why did Senjougahara only appear for two minutes? I don't care about the sexy catgirl. I want my goddess back. I still find Hanekawa speaking in cat language hilarious. I want to see the tongue-twister scene already! That's the only thing still holding my interest in this arc (besides the sexy catgirl).
Jun 30, 2019 6:24 AM
Hokage King

Apr 2017
Finally found this, glad that Hanekawa is getting a little paranormal shine too.
Jul 11, 2019 11:18 PM
Nov 2015
* Start this episode with a fun old sexual assualt reunion with Mayoi and provides some information about shinubo.
* Banter between senjogohara and araragi while minimal was entertaining, loved the voice actor gag.
* Got alot of dialogue between hanekawa and araragi , providing information about araragi character especially hanekawa thoughts on him and about the vampire attack, says that hanekawa saved him. Some gags about the the radio and cats confused me but was still entertaining to watch, part of araragi enquiry of hanekawa. Liked his assertive nature, when trying to get her to remove her hat.
* One of the interesting moments is when hanekawa alters her catchphrase to something more meloncholic.
* Episode ends with activating the cat in hanekawa what kind of showdown will happen.
* Is it weird I find the white haired cat girl to be the most attractive in the show?
Jul 11, 2019 11:21 PM
Nov 2015
Gytanzo said:
He totally just sexually assaulted poor Hachikuji. I guess a roaming spirit can't exactly go to the police though, eh? Why did Senjougahara only appear for two minutes? I don't care about the sexy catgirl. I want my goddess back. I still find Hanekawa speaking in cat language hilarious. I want to see the tongue-twister scene already! That's the only thing still holding my interest in this arc (besides the sexy catgirl).
well, technically their friends and she did get back at him for it. And he didn't get any sexual gratification from it he was just having fun and needed to share his joy with someone else by teasing and exerting his energy.
Don't mind me just trying to defend my boy.
Black_Sheep97Jul 11, 2019 11:27 PM
Jul 17, 2019 6:00 PM

Nov 2017

Top 5 Senjougahara moments for me. 'Nuff said
Jan 5, 2020 7:56 PM

May 2014
Funny that we saw Mayoi-chan first. She is a violent one alright. He should grab them more so they ripen and are ready for his use. Nah, kidding. But funny they had high school student grab and fondle a minor's garden and asking her to show him her panties. The eroness is really good.

The part with the TV-show discussion Muraragi-kun and Tsubasa-chan had was hilarious too. The humor was great. It was actually that bitter only those with really bad humor would found it funny. Tsubasa is cutie one. Her laughing voice is quite cute. She is indeed a cute one with big jugs. Mmm, those melons. You are one lucky guy, Muraragi, to have been touched by them. The highlight moment of the ep. was none other than:

This was a very calm ep. with few action moment. For my part, I enjoyed it. I am glad this series doesn't only consist of action. For once one can appreciate calm ep. too. And while we are taking about Tsubasa, there is no doubt she has a crush on Araragi. He is just too bold and ignorant to see it. I hope the meddlecat tells him, he need to know!

Anyways, looks like there may be some good action next time. Can't wait!

mangalicker94Jan 5, 2020 8:01 PM
Jan 5, 2020 8:04 PM

May 2014
taterhead said:
Artificial, boring, stupid harem, pointless-and-annoying dialogues, as always.

The only thing I enjoy in this shit is the ED song.

Dude, that's what litteraly what the anime is about. I wonder how you have managed to watch so far. If these things are bad, then you may drop it. Trust me, don't do like me, drop the anime if you hate it. ;)
Feb 17, 2020 10:17 AM

Aug 2015
Araragi groping the fuck out of that little girl was intresting, didnt realized he was such a perv.

Hankawa was super hot this episode espcially in her "sex kitten" form, but i had to skip most of the conversion between her and araragi, that was just too dang boring.
Aug 9, 2020 7:16 PM

Apr 2019
I forgot to mention this earlier but Hanekwawa's OP is pretty good
and it's photographic visuals really make it better.

It's good to see Hachikuji again, missed her interactions with Koyomi.

Hitagi breaking the 4th wall was great, her mentioning her seiyuu
and Koyomi realizing they're in an anime was pretty unexpected.

Hanekawa's cat ears and personality returning aren't a good sign.
Aug 9, 2020 9:24 PM

Apr 2020
I don't really have much to say about this episode. I find this Tsubasa Cat arc interesting but I'd say so far Nadeko's arc is still my favorite. I wonder what is going to happen, and how they are going to deal with this neko.

I can't believe it's almost over. So sad. Definitely going on to Nise after finishing this one.
"Anime is trash... and so am I"

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 15, 2020 6:57 AM

Jun 2020
.......senjougahara’s hair suddenly being black.... i didn’t read the source material to know that hair isn’t even purple so that kinda threw me off

good episode! i like this arc it’s definitely interesting but yet again it only happens like last seconds of the episode lmao

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 9, 2020 3:57 PM

Jun 2020
Mayoi was so cute I kinda wanted to touch her too she was so damn cute I'm glad that they show mayoi again^^

And Tsubasa wearing a pajama was so hot and when she takes of her hat was so cute, it was like an senko but way thicker and has black hair.

Anyway I liked this episode:)
Oct 25, 2020 7:19 PM

Dec 2016
Senjougahara's hair is black now... what. liked how Senjougahara broke the 4th wall lol
Feb 1, 2021 7:58 AM

Oct 2016
Lmao at Araragi being all chirpy and shit with Mayoi after his date with Senjougahara, that was hilarious.

Tsubasa in her pajamas = hot; Tsubasa with cat ears in her pajamas = adorably hot.

Yes Senjougahara, your voice actress is indeed great lmao.
Apr 25, 2021 10:04 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So far I’ve been watching from Crunchyroll, so I’ve had the privilege of enjoying this blurry, out of focus-looking version that Crunchyroll has for some reason, and if only had till the last episode which was 12. Downloaded the remaining 3 from somewhere else, and DANG does it look crisp especially after 12 episodes of BLUR

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 22, 2021 4:54 AM
May 2020
mayoi accting like a dawg around araragi for obvious reasons
Aug 30, 2021 12:27 AM

Jun 2020
Well guess who's back, I love to see Mayoi again after what Araragi has been through even for a brief second that was a really close too close reunion how I missed their character chemistry

Meanwhile Senjougahara casually breaks the 4th wall but I must say she isn't wrong when she says her voice actress is good, I give her that, About time to actually consult Oshino what to do about Hanekawa's oddity

I thought something bad would happen and it wasn't really that big of a deal just speeding things up when Oshino knocked out Hanekawa to bring out the oddity itself.
Jan 7, 2022 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
I thought the postcard scene was pretty funny. Although I understand how there's a bit of a translation barrier. It's incredible how a show that is so reliant on Japanese puns and wordplay is so well-received by English speakers.

I also liked the brief "voice actress" gag. Honestly, Araragi and Senjo have the best on-screen dynamic.
Jul 1, 2022 6:23 PM

Sep 2018
Mayoi !!! My favorite character for now with ararararagi !! her arc was the best too for now !
i like hanekawa too !!
other than that it was a 5/5 episode !
Sep 7, 2022 5:54 PM

May 2021
That fourth wall break was golden. Begs the question - are we living in a live action show? If so, it's totally a shitshow with some of the best world-building and lore out there. Can't believe an episode passed and the only thing that happened was Ruraragi skipping school and taking Hanekawa to Meme.

May 8, 2023 12:36 AM
Feb 2023
pure wholesome episode
Jul 9, 2023 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
Woww, Muraragi can become the next Oshino Meme ehe. Also, two more episodes left, this will be a while one.
Nov 2, 2023 8:50 PM

Sep 2023
It's odd how some say they don't get the Japanese puns but I found it pretty easy to get. Anyway... Loli fondling was blissful. Need more of that. And, later when he asked for the shirt I laughed louder than I have in a very long time. I love that kind of humor.

I wonder why such a significantly appraised and lauded anime has so many negative comments. Do people not understand how to read synopses before watching - and if you didn't like it early on yet continued watching it... Wtf? This show is heavy on dialogue because that's how it's supposed to be. It's a subgenre of many genres, and it can actually even be compared to seemingly unalike shows such as Lucky Star. The dialogue is the point. It's unfair to criticize one particular anime for doing something many others do while making it seem like it's not a thing in other anime. The Monogatari series isn't for everyone, sure, but realize the difference between subjective and objective points of view. For example, I'm not a fan of Attack on Titan, but I know it's my subjective view, because I can admit that it is objectively a good show without liking it. Interesting how people think everyone should think like they do. Lol. Monogatari series is definitively an odd one, and I wish people would just say it's not their cup of tea instead of saying this show sucks. (Conversely, some people subjectively enjoy objectively bad shows and can admit that which is awesome).
Nov 14, 2023 4:07 AM

Aug 2023
Story: 5/10
Visual: 8/10
Detailed: 6/10
Characters: 5/10
Emotions: 6/10
Smoothness: 8/10
OP/ED: -/10
Audio: 8/10
Originals: 6/10
Intense: 4/10
Uniqueness: 6/10
Fun/Laughter: 9/10
NSFW: 7/10
Boring: 6/10

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Nov 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Nov 2023
MUraragi ohaha! Very cute
Dec 6, 2023 11:16 AM

Apr 2021
Segoku is very cute when she takes off her hat and together with those pajamas she looks great.

Jan 14, 11:36 AM
Oct 2021
Episódio parado, sem idéias. Realmente, vai ser repetido o que aconteceu no OVA. Muita sexualização atoa, sem noção, esse anime já foi melhor
Jan 31, 7:09 PM

Dec 2022
OH SH- gahara wall breaking the fourth was not something i would imagine lol.
Hachikuji and Araragi's dynamic will always be my fav lmao please.

+Points for Araragi skipping school to help solve Hanekawa's problems like usual to Oshino Meme.

Feb 14, 7:18 PM

Jul 2016
Hanekawa in pajamas!
Episode was saved.
Mar 24, 6:16 PM

Mar 2023
hanekawa easily just became my favorite lmao
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

6 by ichinose06 »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.