Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 12, 2016 11:07 PM

Jan 2011
I like that Bart was nice to Bellamy.

Awesome to have Sabo back!
Jun 22, 2016 3:23 AM

Jan 2015
I loved this episode, all those feels <3
:3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Aug 6, 2016 5:13 AM

Mar 2015
Yay we get to see Sabo!! Knew he was gonna join the Revolutionary Army since it was simplied in the flashback thatn he somehow followed Dragon

And nice to see Koala! She's all grown up and looks great too!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 14, 2016 12:13 PM

May 2013
Yeyeyeyyyy Older Sabo :D He looks good so far ^-^ Puberty does wonders lmao

Got to see Koala too C: She looks much cuter than her slave days haha
Aug 25, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
Wow. Sabo is much taller than Luffy xD
Sep 16, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2016
I thought I was going to be able to make it through the entire episode without crying, but I was wrong. That very last bit just killed me.
Apr 17, 2017 12:34 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Surprise, reborn Sabooooo!!!
Luffy crying, is normal, appears he other brother ; _ ;
May 2, 2017 1:02 PM

May 2014
It's just so sad that Ace died without ever finding out Sabo was alive to inherit his will :/

So Sabo has replaced Luffy as "Lucy" in the Colosseum battle- gonna be interesting to see how the whole thing pans out, though I have no doubt that he'll win!

Bless Luffy though, crying while running, and Sabo only crying after Luffy had gone- he's a big brother through and through.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 9:04 AM

Jun 2015
Sabo, oh, Sabo T^T, and Koala too? I can't believe it. This is so touching.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 29, 2018 7:37 AM

Jan 2018
SABOOO
I love his voice ;-;
Wish I saw his full face
Dec 30, 2019 7:11 PM

Jun 2016
I guess I will start with the most obvious thing to speak about, Sabo and Koala. I knew Sabo was alive, I’ve seen him in video games, I’ve seen him on promotional art. Yet, him approaching Luffy here destroyed me. Of course Luffy would break down. His life was largely defined by the “death” of Sabo, it was the moment he decided to be the nutcase he is today and fight with no regrets. Moreover, he still has a brother! And I’ll be honest, I was mad at Sabo. I was mad that he never said a word to Luffy, I was mad that he wasn’t there for Ace. But, despite that, the single phrase while crying “I thought he was going to hit me” made me forgive him on the spot. It’s clear he regrets not being there for Ace, probably like how Ace felt not being there for Sabo. But, for whatever reason he couldn’t be and at the very least, he’s here for Ace now, in spirit. Who is better to inherit the power of Ace than his damn brother?! The happiness of Luffy, bawling his eyes out and exclaiming that he will “save Tra-guy, kick Mingo’s ass, and that the flare flare fruit is in good hands” was so powerful. We’ve seen the pain Luffy went through losing both of his brothers but this is at least a band-aid to patch him up. Sabo, it’s good to have you back man. As for Koala, it was oddly seeing her name where I cried the hardest. She’s still around and she was absolutely influenced by Fisher Tiger, following in Fishman Karate herself it seems. What this explicitly means is that Fisher Tiger’s final act of compassion was not futile. I sincerely hope Arlong meets her again one day, I hope he sees that even if in the moment compassion seemed to backfire in the most unforgivable way, that in the long term Fisher Tiger changed the course of the world with that compassion.

Beyond this moment, Dellinger is a psychopath and a child. He throws tantrums when he doesn’t get his way and stomps around, he talks back to superiors, he sadistically enjoys kicking and bullying his enemies. And Bellamy was as good as dead if it wasn’t for Bartolomeo. I expected Bartolomeo to save Bellamy because he saw him and Luffy speaking and assumed he was Luffy’s friend. Rather, Bartolomeo shows us once again that, although he may dream of being Luffy’s henchman, he is not defined by Luffy. He saved Bellamy out of some adorable sense of honor, because they became “war brothers” once they fought. And moreover, Bartolomeo is just so freaking awesome, blocking Dellinger and laughing in his face, telling him to scram. “I just felt like putting a barrier here.” He quite eagerly made an enemy of the Don Quixote family for a former opponent he just met! He’s a blast, he’s sweet, he’s crude, and his “I’d never walk away on a brother” mentality paired with his goofiness and lovability and dedication reminds of Bon Clay. His character may be way different but he gives off that same energy, and seeing him waddle over to Sabo, telling him to watch how he speaks to Luffy-senpai made me want him on the crew so badly.

But despite how fun that stuff was, Bellamy had a hard time. We saw through his eyes, how he refuses to believe Doflamingo betrayed him. His meaning in life is to follow Doflamingo in his own words, he views him as a hero. We saw how happy he was to get an opportunity to join him, and how crushed he was when he heard Diamante’s words. Further, we have reason to believe Doflamingo does care for his family to a degree, even if he is willing to let them die, yet we’ve seen how he will massacre people too. If they are not in his family he has no sympathy for them and I wouldn’t be surprised if he used Bellamy as a pawn this entire time, never viewing him as someone to protect. Yet, even in the end Bellamy refuses to betray him, he told Luffy he can follow him but Bellamy won’t purposefully lead him out of the colosseum. I bet he has to confront Doflamingo himself and confirm Diamante wasn’t acting on his own. But, imagine if Shanks did that to Luffy, became his hero and then ordered his death, that hurts.

As for the headquarters, we finally know the army’s plan. Use a secret underground passage to reach the underground tradeport and factory to rescue to the Tontatta and destroy the Don Quixote family facilities, ultimately giving the kingdom back to Riku. However, it’s not that simple, they have to take down Sugar. She looks like a little girl but my suspicion was confirmed, she hasn’t aged since at least 10 years ago, and she is the toy maker. Anything she touches turns into one. Therefore by knocking her out she will unleash all of the toys and chaos will ensue, which makes me wonder about how she sleeps. That said, it won’t be so easy, she is so crucial that Trebol, the top executive, is with her all of the time. Which goes to show she was with him even when he was stealing the competitors from the scrapyard. Further, it won’t just be Trebol and Sugar, there will be Lao G, Dillinger, and some others. I’m starting to think Lao G is that old man we’ve seen a few times, I’m sure we even saw his name when the colosseum announced the Don Quixote family. And finally the scene ended with the amazing, Usopp showing his eagerness to fight a little girl and Franky getting fired up and making combat hair while Robin does the usual.

By the way, I love that Kin’emon could have disguised them perfectly as toys the entire time but instead gave them textbook horrible disguises. Speaking of disguises, Sabo is taking the place of Lucy, and Luffy has Bellamy at his side to lead him outside. Diamante may actually get confused and think he is Luffy. Further, the revolutionaries are here, Koala is Robin’s friend which makes me curious if she knew Sabo this whole time, and the fishman is part of their group. I had said “the D will cause a storm again” was an odd phrase if Law meant Dragon but perhaps it’s not so odd anymore.
May 4, 2020 4:49 AM
Apr 2020
When Robin said "Franky, enough", i was so amused. And the fact that he actually listens to her.. well, not to be that person but if SHs will ever form romantic relationship (which i know they won't), i am rooting for Franky and Robin cuz they juz click and there are also so many moments of them x)) and Usopp being so brave when he knows it's juz a lil girl they are facing xD he only forgot there is Trebol guarding her at all cost :') .. and Zoro in a cat doll xDD and finally Sabo!!! Good things ahead!!! Barto is alrd so ready to support Sabo in the end.. he is so amusing to watch xD
May 9, 2020 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
tzmmindaeyo said:
When Robin said "Franky, enough", i was so amused.

Lol Robin hates Franky. 😂She rolls her eyes when he turns into a cyborg, and she nearly murdered him when he was in Chopper's body. I'm sure she has a genuine dislike for Franky over any other of the crewmates hehe.
May 9, 2020 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
Saboooooooooo. ;-; It's been so long since there was such a genuinely emotional moment. Luffy doesn't really cry genuine tears often, either. One Piece is brilliant for its ability to bring back characters like they do. Like Bellamy, for instance. But if you really read through the manga or watched One Piece without spoiling anything for yourself (which no one does, myself included), then you probably would've been genuinely surprised to see Sabo. It's almost unconventional for an anime. They gave every indication that he died all those years ago and we haven't heard a peep from him, and now they're just throwing him back into the mix. I'm sure back in 2015, people were just as shocked as Luffy when he reappeared.
May 9, 2020 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Waiiiit, NO WAY! I just realized, Koala is the girl Fisher Tiger saved!!! No way! I totally forgot about her!
Sep 7, 2020 10:08 AM

Mar 2020
Those tears of joy of Luffy damn bro
Also, Sabo did such a good thing by placing the saucers infront of Ace's grave.
Sep 24, 2020 5:39 PM

May 2015
This episode gave me goosebumps.

Luffy might have lost a brother but got another one back!
TheBerserkerSep 24, 2020 5:46 PM
Sep 24, 2020 5:41 PM

May 2015
Operation Sugar Oversurprised Panic lol
Usopp showed his "bravery" once again!!
The new version of the opening, just as the previous one is full of fucking spoilers...
TheBerserkerSep 24, 2020 5:50 PM
Nov 22, 2020 11:15 AM
Jan 2019
Sabo's back! this was such an emotional reunion between Luffy and him, i never knew i needed something this much in my life. and he vowed to win Ace's Flare-Flare Fruit. got chills from this episode.
Jan 27, 2021 5:19 AM

May 2016
I’m not crying.... you are!!! T_T
Mar 29, 2021 8:21 PM

Jan 2019
SABOOOOOOO

I was afraid he lost his memory for a second or smth but no, he's still Luffy's big bro and I couldn't be happier.
Apr 16, 2021 11:46 AM

May 2016
I'll assume that Derringer wears those high heels to make his kicks more painful. His costume's still pretty damn weird, though.
I'm pretty relieved that that fat bastard wasn't the actual user of the Hobby Hobby Fruit lmao

Luffy finally reunites with Sabo and the feels were too tough for me to not tear up over. I'm sorry, Rebecca. It looks like we have this tournament's definite winner but at least you can have Dressrosa's liberation as a bonus.

It's also nice to see Koala all grown up!

Since I also watched One Piece Film Gold along with the Arlong Arc HD Remake before getting into the anime, the day I watched this episode is the same day I finally know who every recurring character in that movie is lmao

Apr 26, 2021 9:54 PM
Nov 2019
Luffy's bro is back!!!! I'm so happy for him!!!
Jun 21, 2021 10:25 PM

May 2017
I realy dont like that guy and was quite happy when he died , but he come back...and what worse he will steal the fruit from rebekka 😭
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 8, 2021 12:59 PM

Jun 2019
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! T_T
Aug 26, 2021 1:48 PM

Aug 2021
Holy Goddamn Oda

Both Sabo and Koala are alive and doing well
Nov 19, 2021 9:18 PM
Jan 2021
I fucking cried, I cried for Ace, Sabo, and Luffy. I miss the trio :(
Apr 25, 2022 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
I'm right there with Luffy. I can't stop the tears. This was probably the most emotional moment since Ace's death. I was semi-spoiled on him being alive, but I never imagined he'd show up like this. I can't think of someone more fitting to inherit the powers of Fire Fist than a member of the original ASL Crew.

Edit: It just sank in who Koala is and that she's working with one of Jimbei's friends. Fisher Tiger's efforts weren't a waste, after all. I feel so uplifted!
ZekkenshinApr 25, 2022 5:51 PM
May 6, 2022 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
the last 5 or so minutes of the episode is my favorite moments from deressrosa by far finally luffy and Sabo meets it was really emotional and if Sabo gets Ace's Mera Mera no mi it'll be really great
Jul 12, 2022 4:57 PM

Jan 2021
Man damn it’s Sabo what a reunion I really don’t know what else to say
Aug 18, 2022 5:22 AM

Dec 2018
what started off as a good arc has once again the biggest steaming pile of shit to ever grace the screen. people should have their careers ended for this shit and have to live in a fucking gutter for the abomination they've foisted upon the earth. my only regret is that i cannot give this miasmic horror a lower score.
Sep 21, 2022 2:59 PM

May 2020
It's great that Sabo is finally back, but is it just me or did something about the way the scene was handled feel a bit... underwhelming? Almost like they didn't play it up enough, which is something One Piece usually does well for big reveals.
Jan 1, 2023 9:47 AM
Aug 2022
i hated luffy childhood arc but why am i so happy to see sabo now?!

dressrosa arc is great.
Jan 10, 2023 7:56 PM
Jan 2023
almost all of the are catching into more episodes
Feb 14, 2023 3:30 PM
Aug 2021
Seeing the joy and sadness on luffy's face was heart warming.
Mar 2, 2023 3:05 AM
Sep 2017
saboooooooooooo
Mar 2, 2023 12:53 PM
Apr 2016
I did not expect to get so emotional about sabos return, but damn right I did.
Great episode!
May 26, 2023 6:10 PM
Jan 2017
Oh shiiiit what da helllll
May 27, 2023 8:36 AM
Aug 2020
what a wholesome reunion. hyped to see what he'll do in episodes to come.
Jun 27, 2023 1:03 AM
Jun 2022
SABO CUH WTFFF 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jul 21, 2023 3:33 PM
Jun 2023
Bruh they got me emotional
Aug 19, 2023 6:57 AM
Oct 2019
I really hope Bartolomeo joined the Straw Hat Crew..

SABO IS ALIVE!!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

ASL
Oct 24, 2023 7:03 PM
Feb 2022
Debe ser el mejor episodio de Dressrosa hasta ahora. Luffy se reencuentra con Sabon. Koala también volvió, y tiene una conexión con Robin (ya quiero ver esa historia). El brindis que llevo Sabon a la tumba de Ace (muy emotivo). Fue divertido ver a Luffy corriendo mientras lloraba de felicidad al mismo tiempo. Bartolomeo salvo a Bellamy del travesti. Sácate los tacones Dillinger, te ves ridículo.
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 PM
Oct 2020
ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EPISODES OF ANIME I LOVE SABO. ASL PIRATES FOREVER
Apr 5, 4:50 PM
May 2023
Sabo is back! Koala is back!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.