Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2014 11:47 PM

Apr 2011
Just wondering if this was a mistake or made intentionally, but if you read the character info particularly for Nitorin and Takatsuki, he (Nitorin) is referred to as she and Takatsuki - he. I know it's not really that much of a big deal, but it does bother me and it is quite misleading for newcomers.
Sep 27, 2014 12:50 AM

Aug 2013
That's the gender they identify with and I think it's only right that Nitorin is referred to as a she and Takatsuki as a he. Whoever wrote that description is very respectful of transgenders.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 8, 2014 3:11 AM

Aug 2013
Uh huh twist my words why don't you? The OP was asking why Nitori was referred to as 'she' and Takatsuki as a 'he'. I was simply answering his inquiry and I do think it's respectful to refer to males identifying as females as she and females identifying as males as he. Your comparison to "very respectful of black people" isn't even in the same line *smh*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 11, 2014 7:12 AM

Apr 2011
Sorry for not being able to reply to the comments. Thank you xchee for answering my initial question and to sourlacte for editing the bio to a more fitting and less misleading one. :)

@MeiMisaki
Point taken. I do apologize if the thread looks stupid to you but as stated by sourlacte, the character bio was already edited since my last reply so what I saw and what you now read are two different things. Also as I've stated in my previous post, my concern is for those who are checking out the bio without any background of the manga or the anime as they might find the contents misleading. Anyway, it's already done so no point in arguing.
Jan 2, 2015 1:21 PM
Apr 2011
I am saying as someone who finished the manga. Nitorin and Takatsuki at that time, and during most time of the series , were just in doubt of what they were. It's spoiler for who wants to read the manga, but actually they are not transgender. Sorry for any mistake, not my native language.
Oct 25, 2015 6:55 PM
Jun 2015
RafaelDiLeo said:
It's spoiler for who wants to read the manga, but actually they are not transgender.

Well that's an utter disappointment. What is even the purpose of the story then, if it's just going to back out on its premise at the last minute once it has already established its main characters as transgender? God forbid we could maybe actually have a serious story about trans characters for once without wimping out about it.
Oct 28, 2015 4:24 AM

Jan 2010
there should have at least the original birth gender.
that's not hard to say that "he" became a "she".
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Dec 25, 2016 6:45 PM
Jan 2010
RafaelDiLeo said:
I am saying as someone who finished the manga. Nitorin and Takatsuki at that time, and during most time of the series , were just in doubt of what they were. It's spoiler for who wants to read the manga, but actually they are not transgender. Sorry for any mistake, not my native language.

Sorry, no. I read it whole too. Takatsuki's dysphoria suddenly going away (because he DID have dysphoria, it was made clear several times- he constantly seeked to look male while female clothing made him feel humiliated) because of a few suggestions to become a model made no sense at all. Still, as nonsensical as it was, he did canonically shift his gender.

Nitori is shown to be trans from start to end, though. She still states she wants to be a girl, presents as one at work, is seen to author "I'm a girl" and she, near the end of the final chapter tells her girlfriend, Anna, that she still wants to be a girl. To which Anna responds "so that makes me a lesbian" and they're shown to kiss in female lingerie. So, yeah. Wrong there.

Everyone seems to forget about Mako. Still trans and her mother supports her too.
JusticeisoverNov 13, 2017 9:37 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Mar 10, 2011

61 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 17, 2011

56 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hannah_Ana - Jan 27, 2011

88 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

259 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 29, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Samu-tan - Mar 31, 2011

134 by Baskarite »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.