Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 8, 2023 9:02 PM

Aug 2017
I thought the show was terrific, 9/10. Didn't expect a lot going in but thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

What do people have against this show? It's too much about Marie? She was what makes Golden different, I don't see the problem. Great tsundere character and hot too, also with one of the best voice actresses.

Really nice show.

RiceKnight59 said:
Never played Persona 4 Golden but did this anime make Yu x Marie canon? Or was her confession supposed to come off one-sided? Does this happen in the game regardless?

Loved the epilogue where everyone surprises Yu by saying she came back shortly after disappearing. She's a god, I'm not surprised. The photos of the fun they had that summer when he visited that were shown during the credits were wonderful. Also liked how Naoto embraced being a woman.

The show was true to the golden ending in the game. Marie did confess on TV to Yu. And Naoto did become more womanly. All the grownup appearances were done perfectly.

0451 said:
I didn't romance Marie in Golden so I'm not sure but in my playthrough she didn't make that on air confession iirc. So this might've been a studio addition. Decent fanservice ngl.

Also yes, love Naoto, the first P4 party member I dated xD

You gotta level 10 Marie to get the golden ending man! Spent too much time hanging out with Naoto instead of Marie!
CarbonMDJul 8, 2023 9:05 PM
Jul 8, 2023 11:57 PM

Jan 2018
CarbonMD said:
I thought the show was terrific, 9/10. Didn't expect a lot going in but thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

What do people have against this show? It's too much about Marie? She was what makes Golden different, I don't see the problem. Great tsundere character and hot too, also with one of the best voice actresses.

Really nice show.

RiceKnight59 said:
Never played Persona 4 Golden but did this anime make Yu x Marie canon? Or was her confession supposed to come off one-sided? Does this happen in the game regardless?

Loved the epilogue where everyone surprises Yu by saying she came back shortly after disappearing. She's a god, I'm not surprised. The photos of the fun they had that summer when he visited that were shown during the credits were wonderful. Also liked how Naoto embraced being a woman.

The show was true to the golden ending in the game. Marie did confess on TV to Yu. And Naoto did become more womanly. All the grownup appearances were done perfectly.

0451 said:
I didn't romance Marie in Golden so I'm not sure but in my playthrough she didn't make that on air confession iirc. So this might've been a studio addition. Decent fanservice ngl.

Also yes, love Naoto, the first P4 party member I dated xD

You gotta level 10 Marie to get the golden ending man! Spent too much time hanging out with Naoto instead of Marie!
I did get level 10 of Marie's social link. I did get the Golden ending. But I still don't remember that confession. Probably because I didn't romance her.
Or it did happen and I just didn't pay attention.
Jul 9, 2023 10:50 AM

Aug 2017
0451 said:
I did get level 10 of Marie's social link. I did get the Golden ending. But I still don't remember that confession. Probably because I didn't romance her.

Just catch on youtube. It was very similar in the game and anime. I forgot if you have to actually romance her or just level 10 her. I romanced all the girls, harem is the best.
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Jan 2018
CarbonMD said:
0451 said:

Just catch on youtube. It was very similar in the game and anime. I forgot if you have to actually romance her or just level 10 her. I romanced all the girls, harem is the best.

According to a comment, that line doesn't happen if you don't romance Marie. Which is why I never saw it in my playthrough. Couldn't find footage of it though.

I only dated Ai and Naoto in my first playthrough. Couldn't be bothered to date all of them. And the heartbreaking scenes you get when you don't accept the Valentine's Day invites from the girls are too much for me. So I'm glad I didn't do that.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

13 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

51 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

99 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

41 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.