Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 11, 2023 10:08 PM
Aug 2023
worst anime eber!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2023 9:24 AM

Feb 2022
I don't understand why people hate or ridicule Shinji. His reaction is completely normal.
Oct 16, 2023 2:36 PM
Oct 2023
I need a Misato in my life.
Nov 4, 2023 12:44 AM
Jul 2022
poor guy shinji, bro did not deserve any of that
Dec 22, 2023 10:43 PM
Jan 2021
legal bem loko muita vaca grande
Dec 30, 2023 2:29 PM
Dec 2023
pay respect for children saving whole world situation
Jan 6, 6:00 AM
Jan 2021
First episode was cool
Jan 8, 10:54 PM
Jul 2023
wow very pog old anime cool yeah wow
Jan 9, 12:17 AM

Dec 2022
to go back and watch NGE after all these years is to be reminded that this is nothing less than the - i dare say - genesis of everything to come ever since
Mar 3, 4:09 AM

Jul 2017
starting my first rewatch, i love so much this show.
I missed you Shinji, my favorite.
it's wonderful seeing how many things make more sense when you rewatch the show, knowing what happens in the next episodes.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Mar 9, 2:04 PM
Aug 2016
It is curious, although the giant robot seems to be humanity's last asset and although no political force really believed in it, it is surprising that the boy or anyone else who had reasons to synchronize with the robot, had not been thoroughly trained to fight. And yet, everything results in something unexpected (taking the boy on a danger area by 1 person, even if its the Captain)

And wow, he's about to die and everything. In any case, it is very interesting that you he can handle the robot without any type of physical link. The fact that there are 2 categories of drivers is interesting.

The boy's reaction is very well shown, from not wanting to do it, from not seeing any possibilities, until finally doing it, moved by the desire to protect someone weaker than him.
Mar 10, 1:03 PM

Jul 2021
rewatching after more than a year. still pretty banger. the manipulation and all the red flags can be clearly seen. shinji is clearly the victim here and the adults are retards to expect so much from him.

even though i'm watching it for the second time i don;t remember more than 90% of the stuff so this is still going to be like the first time to some extent.

@BaronLukis i know how disconnected and random everything feels with no proper explanation for anything but you must continue watching. everything will (not) be clear soon.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 20, 10:41 AM

Feb 2022
This anime is definitely a lot more different than I thought at first than any other anime. It really is special. All I can say for sure for now is that I love how natural everybody is acting, like it's just another day, like in that car saving scene at the start. They don't explain anything to the watcher, just let them wonder, understand and discover bit by bit themselves, which is an awesome approach in my opinion, really facilitates the burning will to see what could happen in the next episode.

Also that underground facility reminded me of the grown ups cities in Darling in the Franxx, i guess they got very much inspired by Evangelion, can't blame them though as it's a legendary anime.

P.S.: I really didn't expect that disclaimer at the end about more fan service being in the next episode, really sparked my interest about what could it possibly be, let's just hope they don't overdo it.
Mar 27, 8:56 PM
Jul 2023
The vibe of this show is awesome. The random Crusifixs that Sachiel throw are awesome. NERV headquarters also is amazing, the design is so trippy I love it. Very unique anime!
Mar 30, 5:09 PM
Apr 2023
Very cool first episode. Already has me hooked with all the Angels, Geofort, Tokyo-3, massive bases and of course mommy Misato. Excited to finally watch this gem of an anime.
Apr 7, 12:56 AM

Dec 2021
did they fkn use an atomic bomb at that angel? Its still wiggling around tho. Anyway, i love the animation and artsyle. Not a fan of mecha anime but i hope this will be good.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

174 by Haz_Noz »»
Yesterday, 4:22 PM

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

72 by daazexx »»
Yesterday, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

202 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Apr 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

286 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 24, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

342 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 23, 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.