Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2016 12:36 PM

May 2014
It really depends on the source material. I mean, if you simply copy paste a really good manga and turn it into an anime you will probably not run into many problems with it, on the other hand if you try to do the exactly same with single route from a VN you will probably fail to produce something the pleases both fans from the original source material and people who are interested in a compelling standalone narrative.
Feb 11, 2016 1:09 PM

Jan 2012
xshizuneix said:
Follow most of the manga + good pacing (not too fast or slow - doesn't rush but doesn't drag on) + good soundtrack + good animation + good voices = good adaption. :3

This is a pretty good formula, I'll go with this.
Feb 11, 2016 3:52 PM

Mar 2015
RemeM said:
Kuma said:
anime always been ads for original source since long time ago. incomplite adaptation is nothing new. and no, it's not even those short ova. it's just recently series that become soo stright-out about it. so ads = bad kinda exagrated since mean every incomplite adaptation is outstright bad.

as for original anime, there is something good, then there is aldnoah zero. so in the end, it's depend on execution. ads just more safe bet than original. and that's it.
Yes, every incomplete adaptation is objectively bad in the context that they're incomplete. An adaptation should be complete. If it's not, then it's pure marketing material and thus fails in any barometer of what an adaptation, artistically, is trying to do.
no it's not. if every anime should be complite adaptation, most of studio will already bankrupt out there. there is no use of 'artisticaly' if it's not give you profit.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 11, 2016 4:33 PM

Jul 2015
katsaroulhs said:
Religiously following the source material and not trying to be a writer. The mangaka does that. Let's leave it to him/her.

Ok so let's say for example there are some known problems with a manga and that a director has an idea that could fix these problems. Are you saying it would be better just to leave it be instead of improving upon it? C'mon.
Feb 11, 2016 8:45 PM

Dec 2013
The same thing that makes any show good: a competent team producing it. A series going in its own direction can occasionally produce something truly special, like the 2003 adaptation of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Feb 12, 2016 12:05 AM

Jun 2015
Highteeld said:
katsaroulhs said:
Religiously following the source material and not trying to be a writer. The mangaka does that. Let's leave it to him/her.

Ok so let's say for example there are some known problems with a manga and that a director has an idea that could fix these problems. Are you saying it would be better just to leave it be instead of improving upon it? C'mon.

Rules have exceptions. If you ask me, I have seen some great original adaptation. I can count them with my hands.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Feb 12, 2016 1:26 AM

May 2015
TO HELL WITH STAYING TRUE TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

An adaptation just needs to be good. It needs a good story, good characters, good sound and so forth. It has to stand on its own. It cannot rely on just being an extension of the source material. If it works well as an anime, the loyalty to the source material doesn't matter.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

8 by Spunkert »»
22 seconds ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

60 by Pinoffin »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

29 by Hitagi__Furude »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 5 hours ago

13 by cyandaqil »»
17 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 19 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.