Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2014 10:27 PM

May 2012
Someone like

It doesn't matter if the MC is good or bad.The only rule is doesn't have these genres (shojo,josei,yuri,yaoi,shonen ai,shojo ai).

p.s. Check my list before posting.
Paradox92Sep 23, 2014 11:47 PM
Sep 20, 2014 10:34 PM

Jul 2013
Do they have to be permanently defeated? For example, does the main character being defeated mean that they die and the manga ends? Or can it be that the MC is defeated, but doesn't die and the manga still continues on for a bit?
Sep 20, 2014 10:42 PM

May 2012
He has to be defeated permanently whether he dies or not is not an issue. Whether the manga continues or not is also not an issue.
Sep 21, 2014 1:08 AM

Oct 2013
Tokyo Ghoul.
Sep 21, 2014 2:15 AM

May 2012
silmaril said:
Tokyo Ghoul.

Execpt that i finished reading it.
Sep 22, 2014 12:56 PM

May 2012
Any suggestions?
Sep 22, 2014 1:00 PM
Jul 2014
Does that not take the fun out of reading it for you? I mean, to each his own; I'm sure you still enjoy it. But why would you want to know if the MC dies?
Sep 22, 2014 1:11 PM

May 2012
11rothmanr said:
Does that not take the fun out of reading it for you? I mean, to each his own; I'm sure you still enjoy it. But why would you want to know if the MC dies?

Of course it will take the fun from it if I already know the ending, but I just want to see something different.
Sep 22, 2014 2:38 PM
Sep 22, 2014 2:48 PM
Aug 2014
silmaril said:
Tokyo Ghoul.

Thanks for the spoiler.
Sep 22, 2014 3:29 PM

May 2012

I already read it.
Please guys check my list before posting.
Sep 22, 2014 10:37 PM

May 2009
Paradox92 said:

I already read it.
Tell us that earlier then.
Sep 22, 2014 10:45 PM

Jun 2012
doktahmaruko said:
silmaril said:
Tokyo Ghoul.

Thanks for the spoiler.
Don't join a thread with such obvious spoiler tags. Jesus it's like people have to spoon feed you for the rest of your life.

Serial lurker
Sep 23, 2014 7:29 PM

May 2012
Caeca said:
Paradox92 said:

I already read it.

Sorry for not stating the obvious and if you read the comments before you someone suggested Tokyo ghoul and I said I read it.
Sep 23, 2014 8:07 PM

May 2009
Paradox92 said:
Caeca said:

Sorry for not stating the obvious and if you read the comments before you someone suggested Tokyo ghoul and I said I read it.
Your post implied nothing. How is it our job to read every post besides the first one, anyway?
Sep 23, 2014 8:20 PM

May 2012
Caeca said:
Paradox92 said:

Your post implied nothing. How is it our job to read every post besides the first one, anyway?

You don't need to read, just use your brain and you will find out that nobody will want a suggestion he already know of.
Sep 23, 2014 8:26 PM

May 2009
Paradox92 said:
Caeca said:

You don't need to read, just use your brain and you will find out that nobody will want a suggestion he already know of.
Actually, some don't care if they have already seen it, and the ones that do care (and are clever enough) warn people in their opening post. I've been here long enough to know some people don't give a shit.
Sep 23, 2014 9:53 PM
Sep 2014
Well... Berserk kind of has the MC defeated, but he returns to destroy everything for revenge.
Sep 23, 2014 11:45 PM

May 2012
lol this thread seems to have lost its point everyone is just suggesting things I have read and I just have to reply and say I read it
Sep 24, 2014 2:04 AM

Oct 2013
Paradox92 said:
silmaril said:
Tokyo Ghoul.

Sorry, I didn't know you've read it. Also, try Kimi no Knife. I personally didn't like it very much but it's worth a try.
Sep 24, 2014 2:08 AM

Jun 2014
Caeca said:
Paradox92 said:

Actually, some don't care if they have already seen it, and the ones that do care (and are clever enough) warn people in their opening post. I've been here long enough to know some people don't give a shit.

Please just stop, its a common thing to check someone's list before recommending something. And if anyone doesn't give a shit they do not belong on these forums.
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 24, 2014 7:08 AM

Aug 2014
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Sep 24, 2014 8:00 AM

May 2009
BlueXRam said:
Please just stop, its a common thing to check someone's list before recommending something. And if anyone doesn't give a shit they do not belong on these forums.
I'd like to stop, honestly.

Common, but not required. That would be over half the people on MAL, then.

edit: OP needs to learn to stop shifting responsibility onto others for things he could have taken care of himself (aka warn people in opening post).

edit edit: Since I can't comment on the profile of Paradox92, I'll say this here. I don't hate any of you, and I think of this conversation as a nice debate. It's a difference of opinion regarding etiquette - I don't hate people for that. Also, sorry for starting what looks like a flame war. >_>
CaecaSep 24, 2014 8:25 AM
Sep 24, 2014 12:08 PM

Dec 2011
Honestly if you don't want people recommending shit you've already read put a link to your list in the opening post. Just like you don't want unnecessary recommendations of what you've read already, people don't want to be doing unnecessary work just to please you.

Add your list to your post and the case is closed. Anyone who recommends anything on his list after that is just retarded.
"Neither devil nor death. I am just murder."
Sep 24, 2014 3:36 PM

Jun 2013
the MC in Gantz was defeated quite alot of times and he died alot of times as well. Tons of people die in this series.

MC in Zero no Tsukaima was defeated as well in the manga by a large force of enemy and died.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - MC was defeated and died many times.

Shiki - MC defeated completely - dead

Guilty Crown - defeated several times and MC is powerless at times.

utawarerumono- MC has been defeated but doesn't die.

Sep 25, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2012
silmaril said:
Paradox92 said:

Sorry, I didn't know you've read it. Also, try Kimi no Knife. I personally didn't like it very much but it's worth a try.

No problem and Thank you That was very good manga.
Sep 26, 2014 6:14 PM

May 2012
imzfrozen said:
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

thank you for the rec it was a great manga
Alexlung said:
the MC in Gantz was defeated quite alot of times and he died alot of times as well. Tons of people die in this series.

MC in Zero no Tsukaima was defeated as well in the manga by a large force of enemy and died.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - MC was defeated and died many times.

Shiki - MC defeated completely - dead

Guilty Crown - defeated several times and MC is powerless at times.

utawarerumono- MC has been defeated but doesn't die.

Thank you for the recs but i watched both madoka and shiki and i know about gantz and ZnT and I don't want to read them and guilty crown is an anime.
I will read utawarerumono once it is finished.
Is there any other recs?

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 9 hours ago

6 by silversaint »»
1 hour ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

22 by windyshadow »»
2 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

33 by Donkunsan »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
7 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.