Forums
New
Pages (22) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 »
Feb 2, 2016 5:27 PM

Mar 2015
Nagirah said:
TheCodeTrigger said:
Studio Pierrot Ruined Everything.

I'm going to print this quote and frame it on my wall. Tokyo Ghoul had so much potential, but the manga got completely butchered.
they fixing baby steps pacing problem. seriously, it manga has soo dragged pacing. glad the anime compress them. they also producing many decent series. also osomatsu-san that currently airing is rocking! i don't said they are good, but they are soo incosistent. that's why i still have hope for upcoming sousei no onmyouji.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 2, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2016
From the short list of anime I've watched, I'd say Angel Beats and Mirai Nikki in my opinion.
Feb 2, 2016 5:50 PM

Jun 2015
Dakara boku wa H ga dekinai. after episode 8 it wasn't the same anymore..
Kiss x Sis, also started rlly good but the scenes became cliché.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 2, 2016 6:47 PM

Sep 2013
Zankyou no Terror. I was so excited for an interesting plot with complex anti-heroes and intense, emotional moments, but it just... The first few episodes were great, but the latter 2/3 just really fell flat of my expectations.
Feb 3, 2016 12:19 AM

May 2014
FlatEight said:
Charlotte started out fucking awesome.
A manipulative dickhead as the MC, and a rather interesting take on "teens with super powers". Of course, it just went downhill with its pacing and generic anime shit, but even then had some pretty great moments (which still ended up being shit on by ass-pulls and plot conveniences later on).

This.
I was so happy to have a manipulative anti-hero MC with an actual personality, but he just devolved into every other bland protagonist in creation. Not only that but all the interesting characters got no screentime, there was awful forced romance, too many ass-pulls and THAT LAST EPISODE.

Other ones:

Mahouka (too many info dumps and an OP MC who bored the hell outta me...to me, this is how NOT to write an OP protag. It's a shame since the world and side cast were interesting)
Yuri Kuma Arashi (was still good, but character relationships seemed a tad forced and the world could've been further delved into)
Death Parade (it was still good, just not as good as it could've been imo)
Gangsta (if only some studio like Bones did it)
Diabolik Lovers (if handled better, it could very well have been considered a deconstruction of reverse harem anime of sorts)
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (downhill after episode 3)
Seven Deadly Sins (pacing was terrible...nothing ever sunk in because everything was moving at double the speed it should've been)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2016 12:28 AM

Jan 2016
Rokka no Yuusha.

It has potential and that ending happened.
Feb 3, 2016 1:07 AM
Jan 2016
Ofcourse School days, wtf was that yandere scene?! it ruïned it!
Feb 3, 2016 1:26 AM

Dec 2015
Istoleyourneko said:
Ofcourse School days, wtf was that yandere scene?! it ruïned it!

While I don't agree with bold, I also have to say School Days. The anime had enough set up to create an interesting deconstruction of the harem genre, but it fell flat on its face with a completely unlikable MC in Makoto and uninteresting girls besides Kotonoha and Sekai.
Feb 3, 2016 2:17 AM

Oct 2015
GATE - the concept of modern warfare vs medieval era is really cool, fighting against dragon with Fighter, or RPG-6 really great.
Too bad, it wasted by nonsense politic and edgy scene just to ensure that this is seinen anime.
And now, Wut? You could fight dragon with squad full-equipped warfare, but you choose to fight it while dating with your harem? pffttt..

Akame ga kiru - bad original ending, they force to rush and end it, and now this thing turn into dust, with such bad adaptation they fail to make anime watcher want to switch over to manga. Meh
Feb 3, 2016 4:39 AM

Mar 2015
gladisr said:
GATE - the concept of modern warfare vs medieval era is really cool, fighting against dragon with Fighter, or RPG-6 really great.
Too bad, it wasted by nonsense politic and edgy scene just to ensure that this is seinen anime.
funny enough gate is not seinen and not try to be one.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 3, 2016 5:32 AM
Mar 2012
gladisr said:
And now, Wut? You could fight dragon with squad full-equipped warfare, but you choose to fight it while dating with your harem? pffttt..

Right - I don't even like Gate that much beyond a kind of generic fantasy harem with nice animation but you're clearly suffering from the 'why isn't this the genre I want it to be' issue.

Gate never tried to be an action series which is clearly what you wanted - it's more an adventure or an epic on terms of combining action/romance/politics and comedy. This much was clear from the start, the very first episode, so it's not wasted potential really so much as you just being blind to the kind of show you were watching and slowly realizing that.

I mean, not that modern warfare vs medieval warfare IS interesting at all - as we see in Gate the former simply destroys the latter, that's all there is to it.

A squad that has never fought any sort of large animal like that, whose weapons are all but useless beyond high explosives and are extremely likely to incure losses versus a group of people who know the creature they are fighting and have power beyond any of the human characters abilities. Now, I agree it seemed rushed and it felt like they should have been more prepared going in with more people - but the girls are still some of the most dangerous weapons they have in terms of personal ordnance against a heavily armoured target.
Feb 3, 2016 5:42 AM

Jul 2015
Aoizuho said:
Tokyo Ghoul. Was expecting more =(
Yeah and you should expect more cause another season is coming
Feb 3, 2016 10:01 PM

Sep 2014
cheeseburger-kun said:
Aoizuho said:
Tokyo Ghoul. Was expecting more =(
lol it's ok. That was posted at Sep 20, 2014. At that time, Tokyo Ghoul √A (2nd season) hasn't aired yet...

If got time, I will read the manga.
Feb 3, 2016 10:17 PM

Jul 2015
Aoizuho said:
cheeseburger-kun said:
lol it's ok. That was posted at Sep 20, 2014. At that time, Tokyo Ghoul √A (2nd season) hasn't aired yet...

If got time, I will read the manga.
yeah! yeah! read the manga especially Tokyo Ghoul:RE
Mar 16, 2016 2:26 AM
Feb 2016
-Golden time
I hated the Koko and and hated the fact that (Spoiler) he didn't get with Linda and stuck with the impulsive and childlike relation with koko, that pissed me off a lot. I feel like Banri x Linda were destined to be together but just an opinion.
Mar 16, 2016 2:56 AM
Feb 2016
Akame ga Kill, Golden time, Angel beats (Still my favorite anime though)
And then there's the anime called "ALMOST EVERY ANIME EVER"
Mar 16, 2016 3:12 AM

Jul 2014
Mirai Nikki's concept is awesome but treated so badly to the point it was laughable.
Mar 16, 2016 12:18 PM

Jun 2014
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Zankyou no Terror
Mar 16, 2016 12:23 PM

Mar 2016
Strawberrycake48 said:

Diabolik Lovers (if handled better, it could very well have been considered a deconstruction of reverse harem anime of sorts)

How could it have done that? I'm on season 1 but the entire premise is some doll-chick moving in with some vamps. Was there much room for deconstruction in the first place when considering the premise itself is so fantastical?
Mar 16, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
One word: Charlotte.

After watching this series I come to realize, that anime sometimes is just an advertisement to it's source material / upcoming adaptation.

Mar 16, 2016 1:17 PM

Apr 2014
ZerShady said:
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Zankyou no Terror
Kinda agree with the second one but (I know this will sound really generic) you should read the BDGIM manga. The last episodes skipped a lot of stuff.
Mar 16, 2016 1:20 PM
Jul 2015
Black Butler because it doesnt follow the original manga story line and fucked up

Owari no Seraph, it wasnt really that awesome to begin with, but they ruined what could have been an interesting post apocalyptic world by making the characters go to school when the humanity was practically extinct and monsters and vampires were killing the few who survived
Mar 16, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
I would say Umineko no Naku Koro Ni and 11 Eyes.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Mar 16, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2016
SAO cuz everyone's going to agree with me even if I don't explain why.
Mar 16, 2016 1:26 PM
Jan 2016
Milk_is_Special said:
khangsk said:
Another - the show slowly became a comedy show instead of horror lol

Sword Art Online - everyone knows why

Fate/Stay Night - poor adaptation

No Game No Life / Akame Ga Kill - need less fanservice and comedy
Akame ga Kill doesn't really have a lot of comedy and it also doesn't really have a lot of fanservice so I don't understand your point of view with that. Also NGNL is a ecchi show so it is supposed to have fanservice.

AGKjust needed a longer story spread the deaths out more and follow the mother lovin manga
Mar 16, 2016 1:27 PM

Nov 2014
True_Ancestor said:

Well it's true.

And that Tsukihime anime that doesn't exist has alot of potential
IFFEH IUU BEHLIEBE EIT
NUHRUTOE NUHRUTOE
BEHLIEBE EIT BEHLIEBE EIT-IT-IT-IT-IT
HEURE AIE AHME WIETH MAI NEEINJUH KLAHN
NEEINJUH KLAHN
HEURE WEHH STAHNDD
NUHRUTOE AIEHME OUNE MAI WEYE
NUHRUTOE AIELLE BEEHE OUHKEYE
GETUH REHDEY TUH FHITE OUNE SAITE
GOUHUT MUHE BHESHT FREENDZ BAH MUHE SAIHDE
SAZOOKAYEH HEHZE RELYEH KEWHLE
SAHKOOHRAH DUH BEWTIHFUHLE.
Mar 16, 2016 1:28 PM

Mar 2012
gurren lagann? except it didn't have any potential in the first place. probably mind game, kino no tabi, inaka isha, shiki. my first choice here is ergo proxy though. show goes nowhere with most of its ideas
Mayuka said:

did you call

holier than thou bitch right here

last.fm

Mar 16, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2016
Phosef_Phostar said:
True_Ancestor said:

Well it's true.

And that Tsukihime anime that doesn't exist has alot of potential

Did I trigger u fam ??????????????????

Don't be mad I like it 2 .I'm just saying what everybody else says .
Mar 16, 2016 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
I think the one that stands out the most for me was Charlotte... so much wasted potential...
Mar 16, 2016 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Manuftw said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Akame ga Kill doesn't really have a lot of comedy and it also doesn't really have a lot of fanservice so I don't understand your point of view with that. Also NGNL is a ecchi show so it is supposed to have fanservice.

AGKjust needed a longer story spread the deaths out more and follow the mother lovin manga
Akame ga Kill only needed to follow the manga and animate the clown scenes. Then would have been a 11/10.
Mar 16, 2016 4:05 PM

Feb 2016
How amazing would A Certain Magical Index have been if Touma wasn't a lame MC and if Index wasn't an 99% useless ungrateful brat?
Also Hell Girl could of been amazing if it had an actual story
Mar 16, 2016 4:08 PM

Aug 2015
Cube x Cursed x Curious would have been a great anime if they put some story instead of non-stop fan service on it..
Mar 16, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2014
True_Ancestor said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

How could it have done that? I'm on season 1 but the entire premise is some doll-chick moving in with some vamps. Was there much room for deconstruction in the first place when considering the premise itself is so fantastical?

Maybe, maybe not.
I just thought there could've been some potential to be had if the guys personalities and pasts had been better developed. In a lot of reverse harem and shoujo series, the cold, sadistic, "bad boy" love interests are often idealised and any questionable or downright abusive actions towards the heroine are even romanticised. I didn't think that was the case in DL...the abuse doesn't feel romanticised and it was actually pretty hard to watch. It's the same with vampires; they're typically sensualised in not only (romance) anime, but in novels, films and other media as well. With that in mind, Diabolik Lovers feels like it's giving us the gigantic middle finger by saying "hey you want a vampire harem with actual vampires?...Well here it is! Enjoy the ride, because poor Yui sure as hell won't!" That's why I thought it could've been a bit of a deconstruction.

Of course, that's all hypothetical since the potential is wasted with a plot that makes little to no sense, a heroine with about as much personality as a crushed walnut and a shit ton of underdeveloped characters with half baked backstories and personalities.

I liked the music though and everyone needs that one guilty pleasure anime. XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2016 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
M3: The Dark Metal - You spend half the show setting up an overall solidly fleshed out cast of characters with nice depth and then the second half is just a complete collapse where half of the cast is absent or lacking. The story, which wasn't bad at all, gets this weird ass resolution where we talk it out and all is right again. You force this melodramatic love polygon down my throat because apparently romance as a subplot is unacceptable, it must take center stage.

Pilot Candidate and Gasaraki...don't even get me started.
Mar 17, 2016 7:08 AM

Aug 2014
I've got to say Plastic Memories was the biggest let down. It had such a good idea and then wasted it on some shitty romance... why?

Mar 17, 2016 7:09 AM
Oct 2013
Probably Plastic Memories, the ending was just too much of... an ending?
i dont really know how to put it but if you've seen it you know what i mean
Mar 17, 2016 7:10 AM

Aug 2014
Akame Ga Kill - because they made a filler ending.
Mar 17, 2016 7:11 AM
Oct 2013
FlatEight said:
Charlotte started out fucking awesome.
A manipulative dickhead as the MC, and a rather interesting take on "teens with super powers". Of course, it just went downhill with its pacing and generic anime shit, but even then had some pretty great moments (which still ended up being shit on by ass-pulls and plot conveniences later on).

Yea Id agree with that. The first like 4-5 episode were super immersive and by the end I was like 'wut?'
Mar 17, 2016 7:13 AM

Feb 2016
Sword Art Online after 14 episode (season 1)
Mar 17, 2016 7:19 AM

Jul 2014
Mekakucity Actors, Gangsta and Deadman Wonderland.

Mar 17, 2016 7:22 AM
Jul 2014
Of everything I've watched Angel betas has the most wasted potential, it dosen't seem to have any sort of a plot until like 4 episodes? and until then it just seems like a normal slice of life anime. By the time you get emotinally invested in the story your already half way through the anime
Mar 17, 2016 7:27 AM
May 2015
My picks for wasted potentials are - Bleach, Naruto, SAO, Akame Ga Kill, Tokyo Ghoul, NGE and Psycho Pass. Among these Tokyo Ghoul and NGE are the biggest disspointments for me. But SAO is a close second though.
Mar 17, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2015
Well everyone knows about sword art online so... Boku no pico :>
Mar 17, 2016 7:36 AM

Apr 2014
pritzZ said:
My picks for wasted potentials are - Bleach, Naruto, SAO, Akame Ga Kill, Tokyo Ghoul, NGE and Psycho Pass. Among these Tokyo Ghoul and NGE are the biggest disspointments for me. But SAO is a close second though.
The thing with Tokyo Ghoul is that the first season took all the gore and fights from the manga, and ignored any character development. Root A is nuts. But Pierrot tried.
Mar 17, 2016 7:56 AM
Oct 2012
Rolling Girls was the most heartbreaking disaster of wasted potential in recent memory. I seriously almost cry sometimes thinking about what could have been.
Mar 17, 2016 8:00 AM
Mar 2015
Your Lie In April. It was overally a very good anime, I gave it 8 or 9/10, but it could have been 10/10 for me, really. It lost its potential to be a flawless anime, because it was 25 episodes. I mean, the story was not that complex to make it "so long". Only thing they achieved was, that a single piano contest lasted throughout three episodes, which was tiring, because of all those flashbacks that werent necessary. If it was 12 episodes, I think there would be no time for fillers and everything would be focused on the main line, therefore it would be better.
Mar 17, 2016 8:02 AM

Jan 2016
Inuyasha as the anime dragged on a littlebit

Nevertheless I still like and the Happy End ^_^
Mar 17, 2016 8:02 AM
Apr 2014
Agree with Gymkata. DTB Gemini was such a poor sequel. It's ending was the only saving grace and even that wasn't near up to par with the first season.
Mar 17, 2016 8:06 AM
Aug 2015
Mladen said:
Highschool of The Dead seemed like it had great potential with that theme and story, but it got ruined with ridiculous amount of fanservice.

its an ecchi series wanna expect...........
Mar 17, 2016 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
SAO, Akame Ga Kill, Tokyo Ghoul (especially Root A), FT
Those four series have a good animation but lacks of chara developpment and/or good story.

Log Horizon and DBSuper have the worst storytelling I've ever saw in an anime. It's soooo fucking slow and boring...Base story is nice, but...they fucked up everything with a bad storytelling and a bad animation.
Pages (22) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 42 minutes ago

7 by Horizon248 »»
32 seconds ago

» Has there been an anime fanbase that hyped up their anime so much that you were turned off from watching it?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

7 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

50 by luckyrune »»
7 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
8 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 18 minutes ago

1 by rohan121 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.