Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2009
OH JESUSSSS.. GETTING INTENSEEEEEEEE!!!

I DONT WANT THIS SHOW TO END!!! Q A Q

i just DONT WANT THE MAIN 3 TO DIE... NOOOO
Sep 18, 2014 12:50 PM

Jun 2013
Aside from how I felt about this episode, I did want to share something that may belong in another thread. I realized that all these characters have strikingly similar backgrounds, and are thus the reason they attract one another.

pakokoSep 18, 2014 12:59 PM
Sep 18, 2014 12:57 PM

May 2013
That last bomb being the atomic bomb. Weird that Five went through all of that and then basically she kills herself.
Sep 18, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was fantastic. I can't wait to se next episode! The fact that 12 was depressed during half of the episode kind of made it a little bit bad but they totally made up for it at the end, holy shiet! this episode BLEW me away!! Will post the most intense review after this is done folks, Keep your heads up :)
Sep 18, 2014 1:01 PM
Jan 2014
that will forever be burnt in the memories of nine.......
Sep 18, 2014 1:03 PM
Sep 2014
I didn't like Five but after finding about their past I couldn't help but feel sorry for her when she killed herself. But I liked how she decided to go with a bang instead of slowly fading away.

It seems there will be nuke next ep. I don't thing the bomb tied to the balloon is fake so there will be no stopping the blast. But I don't believe there will be any casualty after all Nine set off the balloon two hour prior to the set time so by the time it explode the balloon should be high up in the atmosphere. Similar to the anti-matter explosion in "Angels & Demons". The people of Tokyo will gaze upon a Sun in night sky and then the darkness will descend (due to EMP). I can't wait to see how Shibazaki's going to react to Nine's declaration, he was dead set about not letting then use the nuke.
Sep 18, 2014 1:05 PM

Aug 2012
I honestly feel like episode was rushed, there were so much information dumped onto our heads we don't even know what's going on anymore, and I'm also kinda sad that 5 didn't get more time to explain her motivations, all we knew was she really wanted to catch 9 and he was the only reason she had to live for, I can kinda guess that she had some sort of feeling for Nine, but guessing is just guessing eh?

Anyways, I wish they had more episodes, splitting this episode into 2 would've been so much better IMO

pakoko said:
Connections among the disconnected.

I love that quote for so much, also thanks for the re-post, it really brings a new perspective on these characters.

SyrosuSep 18, 2014 1:08 PM
Sep 18, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2011
I cant believe five went out like that by actually killing herself. And the only reason she lived was to beat Nine which was a WTF moment. And then Nine taking off his mask was the biggest shock of the episode. Great episode 5/5
Sep 18, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2009
WUT

Nine just wanted a kiss? O_o
Sep 18, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2014
Very interesting episode, I'm curious as to when Nine and Twelve will start showing the same symptoms as Five did (if they will). Pretty sad next week's the finale already but this anime has impressed me so far. 5/5 for this episode
Sep 18, 2014 1:18 PM

Apr 2013
DAMN Didn't expect Five to do that at the end. Looking forward to the final episode.
Sep 18, 2014 1:30 PM

Aug 2009
Sakubo777 said:
For those confused about Five's goals: She basically knew she was dying as a result of the experiments during her childhood and wanted to beat Nine at least once before she died. Having cornered him in this episode, she achieved her last wish and decided to end her life. It isn't that hard to figure out. -_-

This exactly. I really don't get why everyone's confused in this episode. Everything was clear and really not that hard to understand.
Sep 18, 2014 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
It's too bad Five didn't die sooner (or better yet, she shouldn't have existed in the first place), as the show would have been so much better.

Anyway, this episode overall was quite solid, although I'm still confused on why Lisa and Twelve weren't captured. I found Five's suicide utterly pathetic, but at least the action scene was kinda nice and Shibazaki keeps being amusing to watch.

Unless the last episode blows my mind, I guess this will tun out to be a 7 for me. It's a good show with an amazing ost and well orchestrated scenes, but the writing leaves a lot to be desired and well, Five sucks donkey balls.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 18, 2014 1:39 PM

Aug 2012
geralt said:
It's too bad Five didn't die sooner (or better yet, she shouldn't have existed in the first place), as the show would have been so much better.

Anyway, this episode overall was quite solid, although I'm still confused on why Lisa and Twelve weren't captured. I found Five's suicide utterly pathetic, but at least the action scene was kinda nice and Shibazaki keeps being amusing to watch.

Unless the last episode blows my mind, I guess this will tun out to be a 7 for me. It's a good show with an amazing ost and well orchestrated scenes, but the writing leaves a lot to be desired and well, Five sucks donkey balls.

I still don't get the hate on Five, can you please elaborate?
Sep 18, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
Overall good episode I can't wait for next final episode hopefully it will be better than Tokyo Ghoul ending xD
Sep 18, 2014 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
Okay wow. Well, I'm yearning for a solid explanation next week
Sep 18, 2014 2:00 PM
May 2012
This is perfection! I feel very entertained while watching any episode of ZnT!
I'm still not convinced about Five's behaviors but I hope there'll a better explanation next week.
I'll add this anime to my favorites if it ends with a good ending
Just a good ending please, nothing more!!
Sep 18, 2014 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
It was a shock and almost comical how 9 turned himself in so bluntly and flatly in the first 5sec of the episode.

Still dont know 9 & 12's true intentions, but its pretty clear that 5 risked her life to make sure the bomb went off instead of having the press conference.

;-; Im going to have to decide what anime to demote to make room in my Top 10 next week.
Sep 18, 2014 2:20 PM
Feb 2014
I feel confused... the story feels all over the place... xp...

However, I don't think the anime is bad... yet... it all depends on the last episode, seriously.The last episode will either shoot this anime into superstardom, or leave it in a total mess...I can't see any middle ground on this xp...

The ending HAS to be epic or else, this series would be somewhat of a failure, imo...

As for this episode, as pitiable as five's story really is, I nvr liked her n cant seem to feel sorry for her.. she was annoying all the way till the end...

I have no idea what Nine intends to do, but I'm pretty sure it's not as straightforward as him wanting to nuke the whole of Tokyo... but if it is, I'd b kinda disappointed
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Sep 18, 2014 2:23 PM

Nov 2013
although there were a few cringworthy moments, this is the type of shit i expected outta the show. good stuff
Sep 18, 2014 2:25 PM

Jun 2014
RIP Five
Solid episode 4/5.
Sep 18, 2014 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
That was such a good episode. Now we don't have to hear Five speak English.
Sep 18, 2014 2:31 PM

Apr 2012
wow this episode was retarded

so five actually was tsundere for nine? lmfao
wtf were her motives to begin with?

Sep 18, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
Don't get how Five could deduce which one the real transporter was after finding one decoy. Guess 'erase D-6 and E-7' was a magic incantation that automatically tracked down the correct one. Same for Twelve showing up like that.

Finally, we don't have to listen to Five's English any longer. Good riddance.

at cliffhanger. Looking forward to the final episode.
Sep 18, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2014
The potential of the series was great; too bad that they had to waste time by giving us the whole five sub-plot, which turned out to be unneccessary and pretty sub-par.
your waifu is shit
Sep 18, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2014
Excellent episode. Five told Nine to live, so... maybe he won't die in the end? Maybe? plz

Listening to the soundtrack, has birden ft. Arnor Dan (starts 3:14) played in any episodes yet?
I don't recall hearing it in any of the episodes so far (at least, not the part with the strings), although I'm not entirely sure.

If not, then I call it for last-episode emotional bomb explosion scene or something, ultimately ending with bless. Or some unreleased track, maybe. The tracks seem too melancholy for me to foresee a happy ending. ;-;
Sep 18, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2014
so wait, was 5 going to die anyways? though, it was pretty fulfilling to watch her die because for 9. And that ending tho
Sep 18, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
A M A Z I N G!!!!! Nine turning himself in. Shibasaki learns the true purpose of the Athena Plan. Twelve feeling guilty for all things that happened. Lisa did nothing but inform Twelve of the situation. The pursuing in the road was very nicely made.You were amazing Twelve you rly saved Nine's ass at that point. Clarence died finally Good job Five. So her motive to go on living was win Nine and kiss him? WOW That was unexpected. What more? Five committed suicide and she chose a spectacular way of dying. Idk y but I felt sad that she died.Atomic Bomb on the hot air balloon and Goodbye Japan ppl. M A R V E L O U S.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 18, 2014 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
nine showed his face and what's wrong with five
Sep 18, 2014 3:12 PM
Feb 2014
BRK25 said:
skudoops said:

This is me right now. Nothing makes any sense in this.. I don't even know how 12 found 9 and 5 nor do I understand any of 5 motives.. wtf?

It wouldn't be hard to find local police cars driving by and attempting to rack their location. Especially radio frequency. However, I digress, you have a point but still, this is me right now.

I don't know what to say. The first half was fine and Twelve was trying to forget about Nine. He still came to the rescue. Now, what happens next?

People are going to bitch about the Engrish but I do hope we get another info dump on why Five acted the way she did. I mean, she liked Nine but I wanted more rather than a superficial feeling.

Also, doesn't anyone think that she got shot in the head and died and the last scene was more symbolic or metaphorical?

Nonetheless, it looked beautiful. The last scene made me drop my jaw cause of the way it was orchestrated.

I think its to do with the dream in ep 1 when they escaped, i thought that girl who was with them trying to save was 5? so maybe thats why

Anyway, just wow. Incredible episode, my jaw is on the floor. Im sweatin like a pig
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2014 3:17 PM
Oct 2012
It's very sad when this show was 137 and jumped to 136 because Five died.

I know people hated her but....:(
Sep 18, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2009
I was not expecting it from Five! All the mess to kill herself in the end?! wtf!
Lisa and Twelve moment in the park was cute, I hope Nine will disarm the bomb in the last episode.
Sep 18, 2014 3:34 PM

Jan 2008
I was not expecting this show to climax with a High-Altitude Nuclear Explosion!

Exciting times!!!

Info:
High altitude nuclear explosions are significantly more devastating than surface-level explosions (the nuclear fireball expands faster and with greater force with less atmospheric pressure), generate massive EMP bursts capable of crippling a small country, and has fast radiation dispersion resulting in less residual nuclear fallout.
AiryaxeSep 18, 2014 3:42 PM
Sep 18, 2014 3:38 PM
Jul 2014
Let's see if they're able to keep the trainwreck on rails with the last episode.
Expecting something interesting...hopefully...and finally.
Sep 18, 2014 3:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
R.I.P Five :''( That kiss was too brief too ;3;

I hope Japan burns lol
Sep 18, 2014 3:47 PM

May 2007
This episode sort of started slow at first but then the second half started........and just "WOW"!!

I did not think Five would commit suicide, I'm glad she killed that blondie, I was kinda shocked that just because she was unable to get Nine, it was determined that she must be terminated. I guess for the people she's working for, which is a covert group that is part of the American Government to deal with high-priority situations, makes sense that she decided to end her life instead of being pursued by them whilst her health was deteriorating and plus she gave a kiss and a reason to go forward for Nine.

This series has been so damn good and for me has been the best of this season.
Sep 18, 2014 4:04 PM
Oct 2012
I was originally super hyped for this show because of Watanabe and the plot description. Overtime I've come to realize this isn't really what I would expect from Watanabe but it's not too bad. Just too many unanswered questions right now.... wonder if they'll surprise us with a 2 cour or if this ends next episode. They wasted a lot of time with Five though, and we still don't know what she wanted in the end.... I'm going to be pissed if she literally just wanted to beat Nine at his own game because she was jealous of him/some crazy expression of love.
Sep 18, 2014 4:21 PM

Dec 2013
Lmao, this was bullshit.
Sep 18, 2014 4:27 PM
Mar 2011
So 5 made half of the show extremely bad. But, just one episode left? I hope it will be better. It's very sad when a show gets popular only because a certain person is working on it. It's not something that makes the show better than other shows.
Sep 18, 2014 4:30 PM

May 2014
I really feel like Lisa is gonna die or something. I dunno. I mean, 5 died, and ironcially, a few minutes before it happened I was like

"WHEN IS SHE GONNA DI E OH MY GAWD!" And then she did and I was a lil sad to be honest. Probably because of what she said to Nine..

Overall, I'm really excited for the last episode! :)
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Sep 18, 2014 4:32 PM

May 2013
So Nine turned himself in to talk to Shibazaki, but instead he goes for a conference, but since there was an interference from Five, who just suicides in a badass way only after killing Clarence and kissing Nine, an atomic bomb now flies high above Japan.

Lisa and Twelve were free, so Twelve took Lisa to the amusement park, but Lisa felt guilty, so Twelve went to save Nine using the motorcycle, only to fall off his bike after a nice chase scene.

There are a bunch of things that have not yet been answered.
I wonder how everything will connect to everything else.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 18, 2014 4:33 PM
Jun 2014
Five dying was probably the highlight of this episode because I hated her so much. But Nine turning himself in then the last broadcast with the atomic bomb and the mocking farewell to the citizens, the next episode is going to be crazy.
Sep 18, 2014 4:35 PM
Jul 2013
From the beginning since Lisa had been on the show, i hoped she was killed. The last 30 seconds, i was like NO PLS OMG.

: (

It's all up to Shibazaki
Sep 18, 2014 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
mattie2710 said:

I think its to do with the dream in ep 1 when they escaped, i thought that girl who was with them trying to save was 5? so maybe thats why

Yeah she was pursuing Nine this whole time in order to "beat" him after losing once to him in a game while they were both in the facility. Five's motives are basically only to make sure she "beats" Nine. She couldn't care less about securing a bomb.

mattie2710 said:
Im sweatin like a pig

As you should be, pigs in human clothing
Sep 18, 2014 4:52 PM

Mar 2012
what is this bullshit
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 18, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
I really didn't expect Five to kill herself after all the trouble she went through to try to capture Sphinx. Still don't really see the reasoning behind that.

On another note, the man she killed had a great British accent for an American, but her own Engrish was just horrid.
Sep 18, 2014 4:55 PM
Jun 2013
it's normal for people to act stupid in works of fiction xDDD

Interesting chapter

7/10
Sep 18, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2013
so then what was the point of 5? did she really just want to beat 9 but when she realized she couldn't she decided to commit suicide (since she was going to die anyway)?

we still don't know why sphinx released the atom bomb when the japanese citizens are innocent. i understand that sphinx wanted to get revenge on the creators and executors of the athena plan but it's hard to understand why 9 has to involve all of japan.

here's my theory- mamiya states "the plan failed but they (5, 9 ,12) became a fine foundation for this country" which implies that a new japan has been created even though the athena plan didn't work out and this new japan is on it's way towards being "truly independent". 9's goal is to destroy mamiya's vision of what japan should be (the "truly independent" japan) by detonating the atomic bomb. basically, it's irony. 9 is going to use the new japan's weapon against itself. i'm probably wrong here but i just wanted to get it out
Sep 18, 2014 4:56 PM

May 2014
shit's goin' to get real!
Sep 18, 2014 5:04 PM

Oct 2012
That's some retarded writing right there.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.