Forum Settings
Forums

Fully transparent Myanimelist signature.

New
Sep 12, 2014 6:34 AM

Jul 2014
I am not certain if this kind of topic was created before, but i couldn't find it with a search so i'll be making it here. Is it possible to make a full transparent sig with only recent activity in it? I have seen some half rendered ones, like a frame of a character linked with latest anime, etc.
Sep 12, 2014 9:56 AM

Feb 2010
I uploaded a transparent image as a sig earlier to see if it works:
http://myanimelist.net/signature/Shishio-kun.png
but the background color (which is customizable) in the signature settings still shows up behind it - in this case, white. But that white matches the default forum background, and that might be what you want? Otherwise I don't see a way to use a truly transparent sig with recent updates since all the recent activity sig settings use background color settings and no way I see to make the color transparent. Maybe someone else who works with sigs more knows a better way.

btw heres the transparent image I used if you want it. You could probably do the same with just not uploading an image tho
http://i.imgur.com/bCq2km3.png
Sep 12, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
I'm using the sig on another forum, and white isn't background color there so i was looking for a way because of that. It can't be imposible, i'll be looking for a way and since if i'm not mistaken, transparency in some parts are possible. If anything else fails, with an image editing program you can take the white background, but that'll take some time since you need to do it after every list update.
Sep 12, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2010
Just wondering here -never actually tried-
Maybe going with the typical pink strategy would work?
You could apply transparency to the .png part of the sign and try to work out with the pink BMP (R255/G0/B255) on the other. Not sure if MAL consider that as transparency or as a color but it's worth checking it out.
Since I hardly use this recent activity signature I'm not really sure if that helps...
For standard signs, tho, if .png isn't working, pink .bmp neither, you can also try to mess with the alpha channel, but I digress.
Sep 16, 2014 12:57 PM

Feb 2010
thySentinel said:
I'm using the sig on another forum, and white isn't background color there so i was looking for a way because of that. It can't be imposible, i'll be looking for a way and since if i'm not mistaken, transparency in some parts are possible. If anything else fails, with an image editing program you can take the white background, but that'll take some time since you need to do it after every list update.

Hmm then maybe you could just make the background of the sig here the same color as the forum you're on. Unless the forum has one of those graphical background. If you can't find the color of the forum background then if you link me to it in this topic, I can find the RGB color for it quickly.

xbobx said:
Just wondering here -never actually tried-
Maybe going with the typical pink strategy would work?
You could apply transparency to the .png part of the sign and try to work out with the pink BMP (R255/G0/B255) on the other. Not sure if MAL consider that as transparency or as a color but it's worth checking it out.

Wow I didn't know about this pink trick for transparency, thanks. I wonder where it works~
Sep 16, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2010
Shishio-kun said:
Wow I didn't know about this pink trick for transparency, thanks. I wonder where it works~

Woah, you didn't know? Damn, I feel important now :P
It's an old mmoprg trade secret, when we had to upload 32x32 guild logos and it would only accept .bmp so we had to find a way to make it transparent.
It's almost the same concept windows icons uses: http://www.stardock.com/products/desktopx/tutorial/user/making/trans.htm
However I'm not sure if it will work here... it's worth a shot at least.
OP could use the same concept with Alpha layers (PS only, I guess) also:

I never tried this with webpages, so it might not work as well...

Hell, I'm running out of ideas... Just save it as .GIF and select "transparency" while saving. It might also works.
Sep 19, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
About uploading 255-0-255 pink as Bitmap;
"- Sorry, this file is not a valid file format (must be JPG, GIF, or PNG)." Says the site, and apparently wouldn't accept it. And GIF refused to work too, as well as some of my other attempts. Guess it's currently not possible.
Sep 20, 2014 4:15 AM
Sep 2014
and that might be what you want? Otherwise I don't see a way to use a truly transparent sig with recent updates since all the recent activity sig settings use background color settings and no way I see to make the color transparent. Maybe someone else who works with sigs more knows a better way.

Pass Testking 70-413 exam in easy and fast way! We offer up to date Lawrence Technological University study materials including latest CHECKPOINT braindumps with 100% success guarantee. if you need more information see main ICMA or see wikipedia page .
suni40Oct 5, 2014 12:38 AM

More topics from this board

» How can I delete/request the deletion of a topic I created?

Deane - Feb 28, 2023

5 by 1WanteD1 »»
46 minutes ago

» The dates on the popular new topics pane are just a _few_ decades off

Daviljoe193 - Apr 5

8 by Serafos »»
9 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3389 by yg_thrasher »»
Yesterday, 8:44 PM

» Search function for club discussion threads?

boldulysses - Yesterday

0 by boldulysses »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

» Mobile. Typo

GWSTREAMS - Yesterday

0 by GWSTREAMS »»
Yesterday, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.