Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 1, 2014 9:54 AM
Apr 2014
I was reading through several chapters of Akame Ga Kill and realized that Esdeath is probably the most suited for Tatsumi. They compliment eachother because they're Yin/yang; Tatsumi has strong morals and wants to help those in need, caring, protective and wants to protect those who can't protect themselves. Whie Esdeath is basically the same but her ideals is warped to only protect the strong and let the weak fend for themselves or die. Esdeath is not a truly bad villain, she was born in the environment where it's "eat or be eaten" especially since her father taught her that so she could survive. Tatsumi grew in more safe and stable environment and was taught to be caring and trusting to others. Tatsumi could potentially change Esdeath into a more caring person, If she can experience love, then likely she can be bound to be more caring. Honestly if Tatsumi was tell Esdeath he was apart of Night Raid I doubt she would kill him because he tried to persuade and even admitted to want to join the Rev.Army, meaning she isn't going to force him or threaten him to pick a side. All in all I believe they're best for eachother because they're contrast and the relationship would actually have depth to it instead of a typical two goodies together, it would be unique to have a "villain" and "hero" love eachother. It would make sense the most because it would actually create true peace in the serious because you can only achieve that mutual bond and they both symbolize their respective sides.
rodacSep 12, 2014 3:09 PM
Sep 1, 2014 9:58 AM
Sep 1, 2014 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
I wouldn't mind it being a ship, but either way-- one will have to betray their faction if it where canon.

Would Esdeath consider leaving the military?

Don't forget she just kill our aniki, which was kind the equivalent of our aniki in gurran Lagann... Can we really forgive her for it?

... AAANNNIIIIKKKIIIIII T_T!

I'd be interested to see this work.
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Sep 1, 2014 10:08 AM

Feb 2013
yes love is the most beautiful thing even in such a dark and psychological series as akame ga kill this is the most interesting anime in the universe even beating contemporany masterpieces such as eotena onslaught naruto and sword art online truly the storytelling of this show can be compared to the likes of shakespeare and aristotle but its even better cause it gets to cover themes like love death akame and kill so anyone can see it's actually the best fiction made in the entire universe also the characters are so multilayered and deep they are just like real people each with their thoughts and emotions and developing complex relationships with each other so it's no wonder the romance and shipping surounding this epic is to be compared with romeo and juliet and toradora but that's school anime for kids so it sucks except the romance parts which transcend genre and setting akame ga kill can only be enjoyed by an extremely mature audience that is very experienced in love life the universe and everything about this series is so good only expert mature anime watchers such as myself can fully enjoy the romantic complexities of this anime i fully agree with you sirluckyy even the greatest philosophers critics and anime viewers wont be able to fully comprehend the tatsumi x esdeath relationship especially when hidden behind a wall of text god damn it akame ga kill is the best work of fiction in the entire history of the world and such romantic intricacies and dark and death and cool it's the anime for the most intellectual of romantics truly the dark emotions seething from this psychological work of art will never be understood by anyone this is the evangelion of our generations and will change the face of the industry and of romantic dark fantasy for centuries to come
Sep 1, 2014 10:09 AM

Jan 2011
EarlAlois said:

Don't forget she just kill our aniki, which was kind the equivalent of our aniki in gurran Lagann... Can we really forgive her for it?

you underrestimate the way a shippers mind works
Sep 1, 2014 10:12 AM

Jun 2008
silversaint said:
EarlAlois said:

you underrestimate the way a shippers mind works

DAMN YOU SHIPPERS!
*hides the fact she's a shipper herself*
BROS B4 HOES!!! DAMN IT!
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Sep 1, 2014 10:12 AM

Jul 2011
Cool thread, i learn things that i don't knowed before, even the title helps.
Sep 1, 2014 10:14 AM

Feb 2010
10/10 thread
would subscribe if it were a blog
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 1, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2014
So long as he doesn't go for the pink girl, I'm fine.
Sep 1, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2011
mclovinballz said:

Lol.
Sep 1, 2014 10:44 AM

Dec 2013
laldonkaments said:
Typical AgK manga reader, doesn't mind foreshadowing/spoiling and even posts it in the wrong forum

mclovinballz said:

Sep 1, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2011
SirLuckyy said:
laldonkaments said:
Typical AgK manga reader, doesn't mind foreshadowing/spoiling and even posts it in the wrong forum

Don't be stupid, why wouldn't there be spoilers? Did you read the title? If you did common sense would say "oh AGK romance thread, there's probably evidence as to why these people ship certain people..."

One, you should have used the spoiler tag, even if it's obvious going to contain spoilers, you'd have them hidden from people who come in here to tell you this is in the wrong section of the forum.

Two, you should have posted it in the right section of the forum in the first place, completely avoiding this problem.
Sep 1, 2014 10:49 AM

May 2013
My Waifu deserves to be happy.
Sep 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2014
As long as best girl doesn't lose her head, everything should be alright.
Sep 1, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2014
RevolverSnake said:
My Waifu deserves to be happy.
lol at the sig
Sep 1, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2014
mclovinballz said:

Um Manga Spoiler

Sep 3, 2014 10:12 AM

Sep 2014
justvincexd said:
mclovinballz said:

Um Manga Spoiler

time to add akame ga kill to my "Dropped" list.
私 は あ な た が 私 を 養 う た い !

Sep 3, 2014 5:27 PM
Aug 2014
Even though they're a good couple, the anime is called AKAME ga kill. : RIP Tatsumi x Esdeath
Sep 3, 2014 5:51 PM

Mar 2014
I'm not going to say you're right, but you're definitely not wrong.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 3, 2014 6:09 PM

Feb 2014
justvincexd said:
mclovinballz said:

Um Manga Spoiler

Buzzkill

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Sep 12, 2014 8:18 AM
Apr 2011
Cyrile said:
justvincexd said:

Um Manga Spoiler

I had to actually read through the whole manga while telling myself he was lying.

Oh well, there goes my ship.
Sep 12, 2014 8:19 AM
Apr 2008
SirLuckyy said:
I was reading through several chapters of Akame Ga Kill and realized that Esdeath is probably the most suited for Tatsumi. They compliment eachother because they're Yin/yang; Tatsumi has strong morals and wants to help those in need, caring, protective and wants to protect those who can't protect themselves. Whie Esdeath is basically the same but her ideals is warped to only protect the strong and let the weak fend for themselves or die. Esdeath is not a truly bad villain, she was born in the environment where it's "eat or be eaten" especially since her father taught her that so she could survive. Tatsumi grew in more safe and stable environment and was taught to be caring and trusting to others. Tatsumi could potentially change Esdeath into a more caring person, If she can experience love, then likely she can be bound to be more caring. Honestly if Tatsumi was tell Esdeath he was apart of Night Raid I doubt she would kill him because he tried to persuade and even admitted to want to join the Rev.Army, meaning she isn't going to force him or threaten him to pick a side. All in all I believe they're best for eachother because they're contrast and the relationship would actually have depth to it instead of a typical two goodies together, it would be unique to have a "villain" and "hero" love eachother. It would make sense the most because it would actually create true peace in the serious because you can only achieve that mutual bond and they both symbolize their respective sides.
She has massive tits, blue hair and she happens to be a megalomanic that includes torture as one of her finer hobbies. She's a real a catch...
Sep 12, 2014 10:30 AM

Nov 2012
Malandrix said:
justvincexd said:

Um Manga Spoiler

Buzzkill

well its not like that
Sep 12, 2014 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
that is one quality thread we have here

On topic: I don't like tatami to go out with the exdeath. he was villain in the final fantasy game with bart.
Sep 12, 2014 3:14 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Moved from general Anime Discussion to Manga series sub-forum since it contains substantial Manga spoilers. Spoiler warning added to title. Posts discussing creation in wrong forum removed.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 14, 2014 11:51 AM
Jun 2014
Upvote! I just want a romance between older woman and younger male
I simply destroy.
Sep 14, 2014 6:41 PM

May 2009
Wawimonch said:
Upvote! I just want a romance between older woman and younger male

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?category=Older+Female+Younger+Male
Sep 14, 2014 9:01 PM

Sep 2011
SCNFan said:
Cyrile said:

I had to actually read through the whole manga while telling myself he was lying.

Oh well, there goes my ship.

Don't lose sleep over it, that relationship has felt force and superficial since it was announced. I'm almost 99% sure that the author only forced it so that he could use it as a plot device later down the road. Night Raid are a group of assassins, not match.com they don't have the luxury of romance. Not until the end.
Sep 14, 2014 9:44 PM

Mar 2011
JaffyCakes said:
Even though they're a good couple, the anime is called AKAME ga kill. : RIP Tatsumi x Esdeath

yea and i mean especially when you consider how Takahiro has obviously favored Akame throughout the series. other than Tatsumi, she's the only character that you can feel completely safe about.
Sep 15, 2014 2:46 AM

May 2009
Fullmetal89 said:
Don't lose sleep over it, that relationship has felt force and superficial since it was announced. I'm almost 99% sure that the author only forced it so that he could use it as a plot device later down the road. Night Raid are a group of assassins, not match.com they don't have the luxury of romance. Not until the end.

Except wrong. Takahiro said in guidebook that Mein was supposed to main love interest from the beginning.
Sep 15, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2014
Everything you've stated is what you want to see instead of what's there.. It's a terrible pairing
Sep 16, 2014 6:49 AM
Apr 2011
bastek66 said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Except wrong. Takahiro said in guidebook that Mein was supposed to main love interest from the beginning.

But that doesn't necessarily mean they would be together till the end, right?
Sep 16, 2014 7:11 AM

Sep 2013
Malandrix said:
justvincexd said:

Um Manga Spoiler

Buzzkill
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 21, 2014 2:22 PM
Apr 2014
Cyrile said:
justvincexd said:

Um Manga Spoiler

Just remember this is an anime were main characters die easily, so i bet the pink hair girl will die eventually
'Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.'

Sherlock Holmes
Sep 21, 2014 10:21 PM

Oct 2011
It would be an awesome turn of events if Esdeath or an underling would kill Mine and in the end Tatsumi would forgive Esdeath and end up together with her because of certain (understandable) circumstances.. yeah, I know it's just my wishful thinking </3 But that would be something I don't remember to have seen it before. :o
Sep 22, 2014 2:57 AM

May 2009
AsianKungFu said:
Malandrix said:

Buzzkill

Sep 23, 2014 9:59 AM
Sep 2014
Esdeath X Tatsumi :)
reminds me of mirai nikki i guess, yuuki didnt love yuno,
but over all the sweat and blood they shed together, yuuki
somehow loved her, even after yuno killed his friends. So its not
so far off from Esdeath i guess, maybe the same thing will happen
Sep 23, 2014 1:40 PM
Apr 2014
I dont think she will kill Tatsumi: she still loves him too much.

I really want them to end up together but at this point I dont see it happening. My gut feeling is she will end up dying saving Tatsumi in the end, thereby proving to him how much she loved him.
Sep 28, 2014 11:56 AM

Nov 2013
It's probably gonna be TatsumixMine since they are dating, but I am sure Esdeath will probably kill Mine in front of Tatsumi :D.
EsdeathxTatsumi or LeonexTatsumixEsdeath.
Oct 1, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2013
......I think the ship has sunk, with no dick left in Night Raid.
I just hope Tats dies instead of Esdeath.
I am scared.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.