Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 31, 2014 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
geniobastardo said:
blossombomb said:

My boyfriend and me standing in front of the Eiffel Tower.
We only went to Paris for the Pokémon Centre which was there for a limited time. Worth it.

Why did you have to say that??
I don't understand your problem with this statement..
Aug 31, 2014 11:31 PM

Apr 2012
cabacc2 said:
lies
http://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2014/08/05/our-brains-judge-a-faces-trustworthinesseven-when-we-cant-see-it.html said:

Our brains are able to judge the trustworthiness of a face even when we cannot consciously see it, a team of scientists has found. Their findings, which appear in the Journal of Neuroscience, shed new light on how we form snap judgments of others.

“Our findings suggest that the brain automatically responds to a face’s trustworthiness before it is even consciously perceived,” explains Jonathan Freeman, an assistant professor in New York University’s Department of Psychology and the study’s senior author.

complete paper: http://psych.nyu.edu/freemanlab/pubs/2014Freeman_JNeuro.pdf

While I definitely judge people by their faces, I don't form an actual opinion about somebody until I know about their personality.
Sep 1, 2014 5:03 AM
Jun 2014
Red_Keys said:
ScazoN said:
yes
Sure, why the hell not.

Inspired partly by my username :)

So hooooooot. If I was gay, I'd make you my girlfriend but I'm not gay!
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Sep 1, 2014 6:26 AM

Jan 2014
mapleslattes said:
Do you judge peoples personalities on their Facebook profile pictures?
Does a profile picture alter your perception of an individual?
What do you think of people who use pictures of cartoon characters, cars etc as their profile picture?
What's your current profile picture?

I always find that i judge an individual on their profile picture without even meaning to. I think it can say a lot about a person, their hobbies, how they spend their free time etc.
I always assume that if a person doesn't use a picture of themselves that they're an intense fanboy/girl or ugly.

1. Nope
2. Nope
3. Don't mind it, actually i'd encourage it. Sports logo, or any other symbol thats related to their hobby will make it easier to strike up a small conversation. People likes to talk about themselves
4. Me... from two years ago

Sep 1, 2014 6:57 AM

Nov 2010
yes I do, it's much easier, you have to deal with less people that way.
Sep 1, 2014 11:08 AM

Mar 2014
Red_Keys said:
geniobastardo said:

Why did you have to say that??
I don't understand your problem with this statement..

Because you don't understand the pain. Well actually nothing. I don't care. Why did I even say that in the first place??
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Sep 1, 2014 3:38 PM

Sep 2009
Someone flagged my profile picture as offensive because I'm holding a dead persons head in it.
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Sep 5, 2014 10:25 PM

Apr 2012
mapleslattes said:
Someone flagged my profile picture as offensive because I'm holding a dead persons head in it.

They're just jealous of your head, dude.
Sep 5, 2014 11:25 PM

Dec 2013
It's funny because I actually got a pdf from one of my college classes the other day about Facebook security that was trying to say that you should use cartoons as your profile picture for security purposes, and that it was dangerous to use an actual picture of yourself. I thought it was pretty stupid.
Sep 6, 2014 10:11 AM

Oct 2009
When I used to have facebook I would never used my real face on it.
Sep 21, 2014 3:59 AM

Jun 2014
I think it's stupid using "face"book and not putting a picture of yourself on it. Than a guy sends you a random friend request, do I know this person? Is this a guy or a girl? Dafuq
Sep 21, 2014 4:05 AM
Sep 21, 2014 4:13 AM

May 2012
Depends if it's extremely stupid or something.

Not so much, but it'd definitely give me another opinion on the person depending on what it is

What do you think of people who use pictures of cartoon characters, cars etc as their profile picture?
Whatever they fancy. I can understand things like that, but the are few things that'd irritate me just by looking at it.

A picture of a monkey I took while in Africa

Sep 21, 2014 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
I had 3 Facebook accounts. One for my cosplays, one for family and one main account where I have all my friends (both IRL and OL). Deactivated my cosplay account because I get 10-20 friend requests + messages every.single.day. No fucking joke. And it's so annoying. Someone even sent me stuffs and free food delivery and the guy PM'd me, asking if I got it. I never give my address to anyone. Ever. Facebook is a scary place.

And now to answer your question;

• No, not really. I judge people in FB with their profile security/information.
  • Yes, it does.
  • I really don't care if they don't use their own photos. If you're desperate to know what that person looks like, your best bet are the tagged ones.
  • My current picture is a cutie ;3
Sep 21, 2014 4:22 AM

Sep 2014
mapleslattes said:

I always assume that if a person doesn't use a picture of themselves that they're an intense fanboy/girl or ugly.

Yes, I m Jaime Lannister's fangirl. I m using facebook like once in a year and my picture is troll face. Peoples judging me all the time but I m offline all the time so nobody gives a f...

Sep 21, 2014 4:24 AM

Jan 2013
Meokii said:
I had 3 Facebook accounts. One for my cosplays, one for family and one main account where I have all my friends (both IRL and OL). Deactivated my cosplay account because I get 10-20 friend requests + messages every.single.day. No fucking joke. And it's so annoying. Someone even sent me stuffs and free food delivery and the guy PM'd me, asking if I got it. I never give my address to anyone. Ever. Facebook is a scary place.

And now to answer your question;

• No, not really. I judge people in FB with their profile security/information.
  • Yes, it does.
  • I really don't care if they don't use their own photos. If you're desperate to know what that person looks like, your best bet are the tagged ones.
  • My current picture is a cutie ;3

link some cosplay pics
Sep 21, 2014 4:32 AM
Oct 2008
1. I only contact people I already know IRL or that I need to contact for particular reason so I don't really use it for first impressions.
2. If the picture was offensive, it might affect my opinion of them but it has never come up.
3. I actually do that already to make it difficult for people to find me. So no, it doesn't bother me if someone else does it.
4. It is a picture from an anime I like.
Sep 21, 2014 5:56 AM

Nov 2013
Red_Keys said:
ScazoN said:
yes
Sure, why the hell not.

Inspired partly by my username :)

It should be illegal to be this handsome.
Sep 21, 2014 6:12 AM

Aug 2014
1 no

2 no

3 I don't know, I do it myself.

4 touMAN!!!
MechaKiryuSep 21, 2014 6:17 AM
Sep 21, 2014 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
yogashi said:
1. Yes
2. No
3. Don't like it

4)Now let's see, JUDGE ME B****ES

What I think people will see at first sight: wut dis young lil swag filter piece of sh*t doing on MAL?

What are you, like, 15? Come back when you're older!
Sep 21, 2014 6:03 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
-It really matters. I've met most of the people I add on Facebook, so before I've even seen their profile picture, I know what they're like. If I've never met someone before and they have a picture of something I like but no one else seems to, I might judge them as someone I might get along with.

-Usually not, but if someone has something like a racist organization's symbol as their profile picture, I might get out of there.

-I don't really care, BUT it would help me out if they had an actual picture of themselves somewhere in their profile picture album just so if I become confused and only remember you by face/you have some weird animu name on FB, I'll know who you are.

-I changed my profile picture from Jon Arbuckle to Waluigi a week ago or so as a bit of a joke. Before Jon Arbuckle, I had a picture of myself. I don't have any batteries for my camera and I don't really care to buy more, so I haven't been able to take pictures of myself recently. I don't add people, I use my real name, and have a fair amount of pictures of myself in various folders, so there shouldn't be a problem with figuring out who I am.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 21, 2014 6:10 PM

Apr 2014
I never use facebook as much anymore but I do know I don't judge anyone by their avatars.
My current avatar is mulan holding the arrow with the tomato.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Sep 21, 2014 6:47 PM

Jun 2008
yogashi said:
1. Yes
2. No
3. Don't like it

4)Now let's see, JUDGE ME B****ES

What I think people will see at first sight: wut dis young lil swag filter piece of sh*t doing on MAL?
what is with the Retrica thing on the bottom?
Sep 21, 2014 7:23 PM

May 2014
No.

No. Unless it's something super weird. (Which I haven't seen on FB yet.)

Doesn't bother me at all, some people are uncomfortable posting their picture on the internet and it's a perfectly acceptable substitution. My boyfriend also does this so I can't judge.

... Me. Looking kind of displeased, but whatever.
Sep 22, 2014 9:10 AM

Jun 2014
Tachii said:
what is with the Retrica thing on the bottom?

The app I use is retrica, I need to download the full version if I want that retrica thingy sign gone. :( Not
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
19 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
42 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

46 by Dracowyn »»
49 minutes ago

» Looking for friends | Cultural exchange and otaku conversations

KMIR - 51 minutes ago

0 by KMIR »»
51 minutes ago

» What jobs do you all have? ( 1 2 )

AnxiousMike - Feb 11, 2023

83 by Dracowyn »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.