Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 26, 2014 4:34 PM

Dec 2013
I'm just not understanding the turmoil.

Sure she's a little weird, perhaps overprotective because her husband left her. But she clearly cares for Lisa.

Yet Lisa won't even speak to her or have the decency to reply to a fucking text.

We're supposed to feel bad for Lisa? I feel bad for the mother to have such an ungrateful daughter.

Just speak to your damn mother, say HELLO. Problem solved.

Less, I'm missing something about the situation someone can point out?

(Again no spoilers beyond Ep 3 please)
Aug 26, 2014 5:24 PM

Apr 2010
See the amount of text messages she sent? Or how she acts when Lisa gets home?

That's completely obsessive and unhealthy. I wouldn't want to deal with such a person either.
Aug 26, 2014 6:54 PM
Oct 2012
ImaginaryPanda said:
I'm just not understanding the turmoil.

Sure she's a little weird, perhaps overprotective because her husband left her. But she clearly cares for Lisa.

Yet Lisa won't even speak to her or have the decency to reply to a fucking text.

We're supposed to feel bad for Lisa? I feel bad for the mother to have such an ungrateful daughter.

Just speak to your damn mother, say HELLO. Problem solved.

Less, I'm missing something about the situation someone can point out?

(Again no spoilers beyond Ep 3 please)

This must have flew over your head. You do not understand the amount of text messages, the screams and mistreatment, should have understood by context alone. Or are you trying to be a troll?
Aug 26, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2013
I Agree
Aug 26, 2014 7:15 PM

Dec 2013
You're all missing the point that Lisa refuses to say even one word to her mother.

I believe if she simply spoke to her mother, there wouldn't be crazy amounts of messages.

It is because of Lisa refusing to communicate with her in the first place, forcing her mother to try harder to get through.

I'm not saying her mother is perfect, she clearly wants to take care of her daughter and talk to her.

But Lisa won't let her in. When people get ignored, many will just want to try harder to speak to that person.

Now imagine your own daughter does this too you. You're worried, you're frustrated.

The mother isn't handling the situation correctly and obviously has some inner fears about people leaving her.

But Lisa isn't helping and is just adding fuel to the flames.

She knows her mother is distraught and just shut her out completely.

I just think if she just spoke to the woman, she would calm down.
Aug 26, 2014 8:31 PM
Oct 2012
ImaginaryPanda said:
You're all missing the point that Lisa refuses to say even one word to her mother.

I believe if she simply spoke to her mother, there wouldn't be crazy amounts of messages.

It is because of Lisa refusing to communicate with her in the first place, forcing her mother to try harder to get through.

I'm not saying her mother is perfect, she clearly wants to take care of her daughter and talk to her.

But Lisa won't let her in. When people get ignored, many will just want to try harder to speak to that person.

Now imagine your own daughter does this too you. You're worried, you're frustrated.

The mother isn't handling the situation correctly and obviously has some inner fears about people leaving her.

But Lisa isn't helping and is just adding fuel to the flames.

She knows her mother is distraught and just shut her out completely.

I just think if she just spoke to the woman, she would calm down.

You're looking from a different perspective.

She's asking questions, she's messaging you twenty four seven when you leave the house, she grips her daughter forcefully, and I mean in a death rip, she's screaming, hair disheveled, darkness, screaming highly. No father. And you are telling me the mother is in the right? When Lisa can't open up to a sickening patient called the mother?

I'd be worried but you need to remain calm, her attitude was forceful. And trying to speak back to her mother calmly resulted in heavy screams and anger. Shaking and abusing her emotionally. And also, it isn't a spoiler, an assumption that the man that jumped off the rooftop of the building is Lisa's father and is the reason why her mom is scared, thinking her daughter gonna go the same way
Aug 26, 2014 11:28 PM

Sep 2012
laldonkaments said:
She needs a dick

/thread
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 27, 2014 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
laldonkaments said:
She needs a dick

/thread

LOL
Aug 27, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2008
Lisa's mom is clearly ill. Its yet clear what mental disorder she has but I can assure you she does have one and she needs a psychologist/psychiatrist urgently.
Lack of communication is different. And even if Lisa communicated with her she would probably won't stop being agressive and obsessively paranoid. Sending thousands of texts to someone during the whole day its pathological. Ofc she knew Lisa was at school. If she does not have that insight than her illness is worse. She might have depression and most likely a personality disorder.
Its not Lisa that does not communicate with her, its her mom who is unable to communicate with Lisa (or anyone else it seems). Surely Lisa tried to "communicate" before but to live with a mentally unstable person is very, very hard, it gets you crazy, so usually you just stop trying, because no matter what you say that person does not have the ability to process it like a normal person.
Surely Lisa's mom is not at fault for being sick, but please, Lisa isnt either, I'm so glad she got out of the violence cycle she was living, being bullied at school and at home.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 29, 2014 6:34 PM

Mar 2012
laldonkaments said:
She needs a dick

/thread

Nah, she's just brainless and crazy.
Sep 1, 2014 1:17 AM

May 2013
I wonder if they're ever going to introduce Lisa's father or describe the impact he had, or even if he is an already existing character.
Sep 11, 2014 10:44 AM

Apr 2013
Orulyon said:
Lisa's mom is clearly ill. Its yet clear what mental disorder she has but I can assure you she does have one and she needs a psychologist/psychiatrist urgently.
Lack of communication is different. And even if Lisa communicated with her she would probably won't stop being agressive and obsessively paranoid. Sending thousands of texts to someone during the whole day its pathological. Ofc she knew Lisa was at school. If she does not have that insight than her illness is worse. She might have depression and most likely a personality disorder.
Its not Lisa that does not communicate with her, its her mom who is unable to communicate with Lisa (or anyone else it seems). Surely Lisa tried to "communicate" before but to live with a mentally unstable person is very, very hard, it gets you crazy, so usually you just stop trying, because no matter what you say that person does not have the ability to process it like a normal person.
Surely Lisa's mom is not at fault for being sick, but please, Lisa isnt either, I'm so glad she got out of the violence cycle she was living, being bullied at school and at home.

^
This. I also don't think that her mother is capable of raising a child, she needs help, really badly.
If I had a mother like that and was being bullied at school everyday I'd either lock myself in my room and never come out, run away like she did or just commit suicide, because honestly I just couldn't stand that kind of life.
IncendianFireSep 11, 2014 10:49 AM
Sep 12, 2014 12:19 PM

Mar 2009
She exhibits all the behaviors of a narcissistic mother. The possessiveness, her obsession with her daughter, etc.

I kind of wish they had explored Lisa's relationship with her mother more, but I guess there wasn't enough time. It was really shallow.

laldonkaments said:
She needs a dick

/thread

But...yes. This.
Sep 12, 2014 12:51 PM

Jul 2014
I agree that the way they showed it made Lisa a dislikeable character.
There is a big possibility that she had already tried everything that she could and was at the end of her patience, when she left, - after all she is just a kid and she couldn't force her mother to, say, go get psycholocgical help. But, unfortunately, it wasn't shown. She just stood there, breathing soundly, and didn't try to do anything useful. Well, she does it all the time.

On the other hand, the woman had been abandoned by her husband (as far as I understand), and it clearly had its effect. The teenage daughter didn't help either, as it seems. We don't see her communicating with her mother, so we can't help but assume that she doesn't do so in general - and it is stupid and can only aggravate the situation. In any case running away was the silliest thing she could do. She will lose the one person who raised her and who cared for her. It is a valid choice in her situation, but it is a very egoistical one, and it sure doesn't make me sympathize with her.
Sep 12, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2014
her mother went crazy from having a useless daughter that wont amount to anything

those asians take their childrens prestige very seriously
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Sep 12, 2014 4:48 PM

Jun 2014
She'll murder Lisa if she ever returns.
Previously: BlueXRam

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.