Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 27, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
IV (specifically the DS version) or V maybe even XIII (strangely).
CrowsuAug 27, 2014 5:01 PM
Aug 27, 2014 5:28 PM

May 2013
VIII I guess? Well, it's more grindy than hard really considering you gotta get all that magic.
Aug 28, 2014 4:00 AM

Apr 2013
FF6 for that kefka battle. (Wish it was harder though, I mean he did destroy most of the planet after all)

FF Tactics takes the cake though, even if it isn't part of the main franchise. The storytelling and gameplay. Mmmfffh.
leosapathyAug 28, 2014 4:04 AM
Aug 28, 2014 7:31 AM

Mar 2013
_XYZ said:
IV (specifically the DS version) or V maybe even XIII (strangely).
Does exist a pc version of ff13?
Aug 28, 2014 7:32 AM

Mar 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
VIII I guess? Well, it's more grindy than hard really considering you gotta get all that magic.
Yeah Ive read that Ultimetia is quite hard... contrary to Safer Sephiroth.
Aug 28, 2014 7:34 AM
Aug 28, 2014 7:58 AM
Sep 2007
Good boss isn't one where you must grind for tens of hours to be competent enough, but rather one that is challenging, and still beatable with characters at the normal level, that is characters that are at the expected (when it takes you a long time to reach next level at the current location in story, before moving to the next (location) where opponents are tougher but offer more EXP) current level.
Aug 28, 2014 8:04 AM

Mar 2013
Psajdak said:
Good boss isn't one where you must grind for tens of hours to be competent enough, but rather one that is challenging, and still beatable with characters at the normal level, that is characters that are at the expected (when it takes you a long time to reach next level at the current location in story, before moving to the next (location) where opponents are tougher but offer more EXP) current level.
So for you is Necron?
Aug 28, 2014 8:15 AM
Sep 2007
I think Necron was challenging enough boss if you didn't go and overlevel your characters like crazy.

Still, I can't say I really care that much about how tough bosses are, since in games like FF series to me the most important thing is story, characters, and setting.

Battles are okay, and it's nice to see some attractive animations of, for instance summons, and Limit Breaks, or similar stuff like that, but it becomes tiresome seeing it over and over.

In JRPGs, more than battles, I like to wander around towns and other locations without being bothered by random encounters; that's why I prefered riding vehicles and chocobo, and fought only when necessary.
Aug 28, 2014 8:27 AM

Mar 2013
Psajdak said:
I think Necron was challenging enough boss if you didn't go and overlevel your characters like crazy.

Still, I can't say I really care that much about how tough bosses are, since in games like FF series to me the most important thing is story, characters, and setting.

Battles are okay, and it's nice to see some attractive animations of, for instance summons, and Limit Breaks, or similar stuff like that, but it becomes tiresome seeing it over and over.

In JRPGs, more than battles, I like to wander around towns and other locations without being bothered by random encounters; that's why I prefered riding vehicles and chocobo, and fought only when necessary.
Yeah...wandering around the world map and towns, it could be funny in some ff. The most is boring anyway...the importance of a final fantasy is a great story, as you said, and that's matter. I'm playing to ff9 right now... everyone says it is perfect in each aspects, but for me it lacks of a good story.
So the only way to replace this gap are amazing battles. But, again, it's average also about them.
For now, The only ff that I've really enjoyed for the story were the 7th and the 10th.
I hope to find another good jrpg games, sooner of later
Aug 28, 2014 2:05 PM

Mar 2013
In FF8 bosses HP (and in general, all the other parameters) may change in order of your level???
Aug 28, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2011
revengerofdeath said:
AbhLeaderKrelian said:
Xenogears, also made by square, was better than any of the PS1 Final Fantasies. (it was originally going to be FF7, but it was considered to be to dark and mature)
Really? Where did you read that?
I've tried Xenogears and the only thing I have noticed is the huge gap between the ff7's graphic and the Xeno's one.
Not speaking about the gameplay....okay, the battle mode could be considered as nice...but all the movement system and the 2D graphic is just awful...Even ff6 was made better.
About the mature of the Xeno's story...well...I guess it is not that much distant from a normal ff (exept from the IX....that was "chibi").
I knew that Xeno was dropped at the second cd because of ff8 XD Square prefers to finance another ff instead of a new game.

Which is sad cuz if Xenogear had an actual disk 2 then it could have been the best rpg I have ever played, storywise.
Aug 28, 2014 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
Final Fantasy IX will probably always be my favorite of the series. When I think Final Fantasy, I think something like FFIX.
Aug 28, 2014 2:59 PM

Mar 2013
Eden2307 said:
Final Fantasy IX will probably always be my favorite of the series. When I think Final Fantasy, I think something like FFIX.
Yeah, the battle system is good...each character is essential and irreplaceable...but the story isn't that great
Aug 29, 2014 6:31 PM

Jul 2014
revengerofdeath said:
Psajdak said:

Yeah...wandering around the world map and towns, it could be funny in some ff. The most is boring anyway...the importance of a final fantasy is a great story, as you said, and that's matter. I'm playing to ff9 right now... everyone says it is perfect in each aspects, but for me it lacks of a good story.
So the only way to replace this gap are amazing battles. But, again, it's average also about them.
For now, The only ff that I've really enjoyed for the story were the 7th and the 10th.

How can you say that IX lacks a good story while praising X's horrible and cliche excuse for plot?
Aug 29, 2014 6:36 PM

Nov 2009
Arkthur_us said:
revengerofdeath said:

How can you say that IX lacks a good story while praising X's horrible and cliche excuse for plot?
Not to mention that he hasn't even finished it yet.
Aug 30, 2014 9:06 AM

Mar 2013
Im going to finish ff9!!! (Beginning of disk 4)
Aug 30, 2014 9:07 AM

Mar 2013
Does exist an Xbox Emulator???? I want to play Lost Odyssey so bad

Aug 31, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2013
Yo! It's me, again !
I've finished ff9 at the end XD Well, Zidane Tribal, at the end, is weird character, too. He's not human (well, who's human in ff9? XD), he doesn't know where he belongs to , and he refuses the help of his friends when the situation goes mad. Theoretically, he is made ​​worse than Cloud, considering he's a sort of Goku, sent to the Earth to kill everyone.
I've downloaded a ps2 emulator, since i want to try a more refined graphic ... At the moment I'm geared toward:
-Shadow Heart: Covenant (the first one is pretty blamed)
-Xenosaga part I
-Suikoden III (since it is considered as the best rpg from Konami xD)
Any tips?
Aug 31, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
Best one's for me
FF XII
FF IV
FF VII
FF II
FF V

ヽ( ゚ ヮ゚ )ノ
Aug 31, 2014 11:24 AM

Mar 2013
Zeebrah said:
Best one's for me
FF XII
FF IV
FF VII
FF II
FF V

ヽ( ゚ ヮ゚ )ノ
Never played to IV,II, and V ヽ( ゚ ヮ゚ )ノ
Aug 31, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2014
It's A tie between VIII and XII. Final Fantasy is my favorite game serious, Period. So that would make VIII and XII my favorite games in general. Though, I have yet to play a bad FF title, this coming from a guy who has beat II - LR:XII, I'm currently like 2/3rds of the way through the first game.
This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! My love, my anger, and ALL MY SORROW! - Domon Kasshu - G Gundam
Sep 1, 2014 12:22 AM

Mar 2012
revengerofdeath said:
Zeebrah said:
Best one's for me
FF XII
FF IV
FF VII
FF II
FF V

ヽ( ゚ ヮ゚ )ノ
Never played to IV,II, and V ヽ( ゚ ヮ゚ )ノ

IV is a must, II is easily one of the worst, and V is average.
Sep 1, 2014 1:14 AM

Jan 2014
零式 is my favorite
http://kagami77.imgur.com/
Latest event pictures: Lucky Star Hiiragi Sister's Birthday Event (7/7), Nisekoifes (6/22), Wake Up, Girls! FESTA. (4/27)
Sep 1, 2014 4:48 AM

Mar 2013
kagami77 said:
零式 is my favorite
the hell is?
Sep 1, 2014 5:13 AM

Mar 2013
Kirie_Himuro said:
revengerofdeath said:
-Shadow Heart: Covenant (the first one is pretty blamed)
-Xenosaga part I
-Suikoden III (since it is considered as the best rpg from Konami xD)
Any tips?

What do you mean by the first Shadow Hearts is pretty blamed? I would recommend playing that one first before Shadow Hearts: Covenant although it's not a must, certain things like the bond between Yuri and Alice won't hit home as much. I say this since the first game has scenes that enhance and connect into the second one. There's also some other little things put in there that you'd pick up on more if you played the first one, but it's your choice. Also a different thing altogether a game on PS1 called Koudelka has little references to the first game.

Suikoden III is the only Suikoden from the main series I've never played (region reasons as well as my computer), Suikoden 2 is generally held high as being the best by fans. It has Luca Blight (seen as an excellent antagonist), a certain thing in particular with the story I won't say because of spoilers. It's one of my favourite RPGs for me still since I first played it over a decade ago. I like the assortment of characters also the most in that one even though it's very buggy and glitched. It's nothing that prevents you from completing the game it's just certain things regarding items in particular which you can look up. It's really only something that's bothersome if you're a person that likes to collect and do as much as possible within a game. Anyway there are patch fixes if you get the North American version.

OT: I've played all the FFs up until XII (when I decided to stop) usually at times I can play a game just to enjoy the gameplay although certainly the story I put first, but with that game I didn't like either the story or the characters.

The reason why I like IX a lot is because it feels like a callback, it plays more old school in a sense. The characters also have variety with their cast regarding races/species, it's also among one of my favourite soundtracks for FF although FF has excellent music in general. The story is nothing amazing although it has a certain charm where it really does feel magical so I like it the most out of the PS1 FFs. I would need to replay them since it's been a long while but FFIV or FFVI I like the most out of the earlier ones at the moment, it could change when I go through them again. FFs separate from the main series are another thing and FF Tactics is also great if you want a tactical/strategy RPG.
Have I to play to suikoden(I) before suikoden II? Or I can just skip the first chapter and go ahead with the second game?
The thing I found good from ff9(and I guess it's the same with ff6, even if I have just started it) is the fact the every personage is specialized in something... Not like, for example ff7-ff8, where each character can learn everything, also the summonses.
At least in ff10 there is just one summoner XD
FF12 is even more aspecific...not only each character can use all the ability and the summonses, but they can only swap the weapons among each other.
Sep 1, 2014 6:09 AM

Mar 2013
This dude....I hope the story is more than an adventure trip
Sep 1, 2014 6:58 AM

Mar 2013
Kirie_Himuro said:

I'm just wondering how many RPGs you've played? are you reasonably new to them or no?
lol....dont you remember of me? anyway i have just played to some ff (vi, vii, viii, ix, x, xii) and, if does count, also kingdom heart 1&2. Oh , ive also tried Dragon quest viii....really disliked it.
So yeah, Im pretty new on rpg world.
Sep 1, 2014 8:50 AM

Mar 2013
Is suikoden...hmmm... psycho-mad-logycal?
Sep 1, 2014 9:44 AM

Mar 2013
[quote=Kirie_Himuro]
revengerofdeath said:
Is suikoden...hmmm... psycho-mad-logycal?

I mean mad villains, psychological/philosophycal issues, children murdered, rapes, cannibalism, pissed off personage,... Lol...that genre of things that make an anime/rpg epic XD
[Xenogears is an example from what I have heard....but still dont like it]
Sep 2, 2014 1:46 AM

Sep 2010
revengerofdeath said:
I've started to play to final fantasy ix 4 hours ago.I've just beaten all the Walzers XD
Too easy.
Final fantasy 6 is harder...or maybe I just didnt like the gameplay

Really? 6 is easy imo besides trying to find out what to do next when you get to "land of ruin" part where all your characters split up and a couple do not join up with you right away.

The battles are a cinch too if you keep on switching Espers around after each character masters all the spells from that certain summon. Using scan is really helpful too it makes the battle go by quicker when you find out the bosses weak points. Also exploring every inch of every dungeon for good items and weapons help too.

Actually all the main FFs I played were easy (when it comes to non extra bosses and dungeons) even II once I got the hang of it its just tediously long and the encounter rate is through the roof it can take an hour just to clear one dungeon cause of this even if all the enemies are weak and useless.

I gave up on XII the camera to me was terrible (which made me motion sick most of the time) and if you set everything right the game can just play itself. Meh not my style.

I was going to try XIII, but then I heard that the latest game basically is a "race the clock" type thing. Not for me.

The only one in my personal opinion is hard is the FF: Tactics (forgot the rest of the title) for PSP. I keep getting slaughtered for some reason. -___-
RolokoSep 2, 2014 1:49 AM
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 2, 2014 12:34 PM

May 2012
Cinerary said:
Plus the Aura spell (coupled with low HP) so you can spam each character's best limit breaks every turn.

Rinoa + Aura + Haste using her Angel's Wing limit break with no other spells in her inventory besides Meteor and Ultima turns her into one of the most powerful offensive characters in all of FF.
Sep 3, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2014
Roloko said:
The only one in my personal opinion is hard is the FF: Tactics (forgot the rest of the title) for PSP. I keep getting slaughtered for some reason. -___-

FF:T is hardcore. You have to mind your movements or your enemies overpower you without mercy.
Sep 5, 2014 1:17 PM

Mar 2013
Defeated Ozma...one of the easiest superboss evah
Sep 6, 2014 6:06 AM

Jul 2013
Lighting returns *filesaway*
Sep 6, 2014 6:45 AM

Mar 2013
thekittennX3 said:
Well, I do own a ps3, so i could even buy it. I'd like to see if it is so trashy like everybody say. Well, it can't be be worse than the x-2.
Sep 6, 2014 7:03 AM

Jul 2013
revengerofdeath said:
thekittennX3 said:
Well, I do own a ps3, so i could even buy it. I'd like to see if it is so trashy like everybody say. Well, it can't be be worse than the x-2.

It has a good story.
the hate came from the time limit or because lighting Is the lead character.
Sep 8, 2014 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
revengerofdeath said:
AbhLeaderKrelian said:
Xenogears, also made by square, was better than any of the PS1 Final Fantasies. (it was originally going to be FF7, but it was considered to be to dark and mature)
I've tried Xenogears and the only thing I have noticed is the huge gap between the ff7's graphic and the Xeno's one.
Not speaking about the gameplay....okay, the battle mode could be considered as nice...but all the movement system and the 2D graphic is just awful...Even ff6 was made better.
About the mature of the Xeno's story...well...I guess it is not that much distant from a normal ff (exept from the IX....that was "chibi").
I knew that Xeno was dropped at the second cd because of ff8 XD Square prefers to finance another ff instead of a new game.
I know this is a very late reply, but I'll do it just for reference... here's proof that xenogears was supposed to be ff7 http://didyouknowgaming.com/post/45952747218/final-fantasy-vii-and-xenogears
Oh and BTW, a good chuck of the writers from FF6 such as Soraya Saga and Tetsuya Takahashi worked on xenogears and later xenosaga. So if you hate xenogears, you hate FF6!
Sep 8, 2014 11:08 PM

Oct 2009
AbhLeaderKrelian said:
revengerofdeath said:
I know this is a very late reply, but I'll do it just for reference... here's proof that xenogears was supposed to be ff7 http://didyouknowgaming.com/post/45952747218/final-fantasy-vii-and-xenogears
Oh and BTW, a good chuck of the writers from FF6 such as Soraya Saga and Tetsuya Takahashi worked on xenogears and later xenosaga. So if you hate xenogears, you hate FF6!

Not quite true for Xenosaga, they had arguments on how to do the series and Soraya Saga was exit from the core team. Soraya envision Xenosaga would complete Xenogears timeline, and Xenosaga was supposed to be 6 episode long, but Takahashi scrap it to 3 episode.

Xenogears was supposed to be the IV and V episode in the original concept of Xenosaga. The reason for the numbering was a homage to Star Wars, since Takahashi was a big fan.

Before Xenosaga was created, the team has made a book: Xenogears PERFECT WORKS: the real thing which is supposedly gives a glimpse of the (original) Xenosaga universe. But it didn't make it since Squaresoft killed it, yes, our dear Squaresoft reject the proposal for sequel since it didn't reached one million copy, Xenogears was 100k short with 900k sales. Indeed in that sense FF VII 'killed' Xenogears.

But the actual killer was actually Chrono Trigger series, the budget was running for Chrono Cross.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 9, 2014 1:28 AM

Sep 2010
thekittennX3 said:
revengerofdeath said:

It has a good story.

Its the time limit. Now if it was just certain sidequests or parts of the game were timed then there wouldn't be a problem, but if its the whole game where your racing against the clock its no fun and stressful. Square really goofed with this game even if it did have a good plot its overshadowed by a bullshit timer.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 9, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
Roloko said:
thekittennX3 said:

It has a good story.

Its the time limit. Now if it was just certain sidequests or parts of the game were timed then there wouldn't be a problem, but if its the whole game where your racing against the clock its no fun and stressful. Square really goofed with this game even if it did have a good plot its overshadowed by a bullshit timer.

Meh, the timer doesn't have that much of an effect on the gameplay as they make it look. Kinda like the one in Majora's Mask.
At the end of the game, I had some spare days to fool around. It's not like someone's rushing you to beat the game.
Sep 9, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2013
Final Fantasy are my favourite games to play, I love Japanese RPGs.

Jul 4, 2021 10:25 PM
Dec 2017
final fantasy 7 thats the best one in all of the series.

Jul 5, 2021 12:12 AM

Jun 2021
I have very limited experience of the franchise but still like VIII and X a lot. Triple Triad is such a great card game
Jul 5, 2021 12:19 AM

Apr 2020
Crow_Black said:

You just really like necroing threads, huh?

4 is my favourite followed by 10, 14, 6 and 8 in no particular order.

Least favourite is 15. I kinda hated it.
Jul 5, 2021 1:01 AM

May 2013
Salty-GB said:
Crow_Black said:

Finally someone else besides me who calls IV their favorite. Good taste.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 5, 2021 3:42 AM

Apr 2020
_Nette_ said:
Salty-GB said:

Finally someone else besides me who calls IV their favorite. Good taste.

Right??? Like... it's almost perfect. I love it.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

27 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you guys play the Nintendo 3ds and Ps Vita in 2024?

DesuMaiden - 7 hours ago

7 by SnipeStrike »»
55 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3541 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

15 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

34 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.