Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2014 7:14 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ota's gotta learn to start using his head....Kinda funny how the military had to rely on the police to clean up their mess.
Dec 22, 2015 3:50 AM

Jul 2008
Goes to show that Goto is the smartest man in the police, and Ota is the dumbest.
Sep 20, 2019 4:42 PM

Feb 2017
They couldn't remotely eject the disc? No killswitch? C'mon.
Oct 30, 2020 2:11 AM

Nov 2008
A weird episode. Firstly, i did not expect this series to feature anything as brutal as man's bloody limbless torso getting blasted away by an explosion (approximately at 06:59)

Secondly, my suspension of disbelief isn't strong enough to just accept that X-10, that easily destroyed numerous military labors, struggled so much against patlabors, both of which managed to walk away from this battle unscratched, and that the military simply left such a dangerous matter for the police to handle.
GenoardJan 11, 2023 9:05 AM
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jan 11, 2023 6:36 AM

Aug 2017
Weakest episode so far, too similar to the kaiju one.

Genoard said:
A weird episode. Firstly, i did not expect this series to feature anything as brutal as man's bloody limbless torso getting blasted away by an explosion (approximately at 06:59)
I thought it looked like torn a part of the military labor, or perhaps an evacuation capsule. Not the dead pilot.
Jan 11, 2023 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
St0rmblade said:
I thought it looked like torn a part of the military labor, or perhaps an evacuation capsule. Not the dead pilot.

Red dots around it look like blood splatter to me. Although there are also yellow electrical sparks appearing and pieces falling off throughout it's flight so you might be right that it is a mechanical part.

GenoardJan 11, 2023 9:22 AM
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Dec 1, 2023 1:54 PM

Feb 2012
JSDF have to cover up their failed experiment and pester the police to stop it.
Fortress_MaximusDec 1, 2023 2:08 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 17, 11:01 PM

Oct 2019
Like others said, the military screwed up and let a disastrous experiment out, get freakin wrecked by it, and are just like "We'll let the local police deal with it."
And also, Ota, with that attitude, how are you still piloting a patlabor. Dude should be trippin every episode with how much his "fighting spirit" rises. Mech designs for the army were ok and it def was a unique experimental weapon. Think the big negative of this part was just the military not being able to handle it while this group could. Idk, might just be me.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor Episode 18 Discussion

Avenger-senpai - Aug 20, 2014

9 by FireRifle64 »»
Mar 26, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor Episode 12 Discussion

Fronzel - Feb 1, 2013

8 by FireRifle64 »»
Mar 21, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor Episode 8 Discussion

Avenger-senpai - Aug 13, 2014

8 by FireRifle64 »»
Mar 18, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor Episode 3 Discussion

Avenger-senpai - Aug 10, 2014

9 by FireRifle64 »»
Mar 17, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor Episode 44 Discussion

Fronzel - Feb 11, 2013

15 by divlyfein »»
Feb 5, 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.