Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 13, 2014 11:35 PM

Jul 2014
lovelyphantom said:
If I recall correctly, during the scene when Ciel was getting new clothes Sebastian had to cover the mark from the tailor. It was a hilarious moment watching Sebby having to move out of her way while keeping that mark hidden.

It's been a long time since I've read the manga (must re-read...), but that would be an interesting scene to see animated. In which ark this happened?

lovelyphantom said:
LOL. Adellaaeda I think I see you can. I see a nice space between L and Loveless, and there is some space between Grell and Yoite.

Yeah, I CAN push them closer one to another (*cough, don't mind me*), (worst case scenario, I just remove Recent Anime List... it doesn't refresh fast enough anyway) but I can't find a nice, suitable, similar in style, transparent image of Snake, with at least one snake on him. After all, he's a fairly new character in the anime world. Must wait. Patiently. But the moment the internet gets a hold of him, HE'S MINE! *evil_laughter*
AdellaedaAug 13, 2014 11:39 PM
Aug 15, 2014 9:52 AM

Jun 2014
Characters from animes this season are full of cross-dressing freaks.
Aug 17, 2014 4:29 AM

Oct 2012
Poor Ciel! He is so fragile. Freckles is a girl omg. Good. I think she is not that bad as others
Sep 3, 2014 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
Hah I knew Freckles looked and sounded too much like a girl!
Nov 3, 2014 4:31 PM

May 2012
I wonder why Ciel's name was on that letter but well in general quite lovely development so let's see what's next!
Apr 21, 2015 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
wow! I didn't expect freckles to be Doll! I mean he's too eager to take a bath with Ciel in the previous episode. Totally did not expect him to be a girl.

Anyway here's what I think: The father they're talking about is that old "philanthropist" in the picture. And why would they need kids? To suck the youth out of them of course. Like what Madonna does. Those first stringers are doing these crimes so that their father would survive. They were all orphans and they owe their life to that guy that's why it makes sense. I'm probably wrong though. I wish I am
Jun 2, 2015 10:57 PM
Oct 2014
I thought the messages between Ciel and Sebby looked more like they were drawing characters (Japanese?) on each other's hands, rather than morse code... Although it's been a while since I read the manga so I could be wrong
Jun 24, 2015 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
William is annoying urgh
Nov 10, 2015 8:35 AM

Jan 2012
He got fever xd

Jan 28, 2016 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
That snake guy is quite interesting.
Feb 21, 2016 4:01 AM
Feb 2016
palladia said:
I honestly didn't think that Book of Circus would be very different from the arcs in the second season, but so far I find that it's a much darker story with some more frightening undertones. The animation is much better this time around.

The first question is, what dialect is Joker speaking? I think it was mentioned before, but I don't remember the name. Is it something that his seiyuu Mamoru Miyano had to learn, or was it something that he knows already? It sounds pretty different from conventional Japanese, and I can say that in English it's pretty difficult to accurately portray an accent through and through.

I noticed that Sebastian is more apt to take his own actions. He's more manipulative in this arc, not blindly following Ciel's commands, but instead using him as a chess piece, manipulating his words and making a game out of being a butler. It really helps remind the watchers that he is a demon whose only goal is to eat Ciel's soul, a fact which can often be pushed into the background during the other seasons of this anime, because we lose track of his more sinister side.

Though I'd heard it mentioned before, it was still a surprise when we learned that Ciel has asthma, and can use Morse code. I was wondering why he never seemed to suffer from it in the first and second seasons when it would've played a big role in his actions, especially when he fights Alois or has to deal with the more dramatic scenes. I guess this does show that he isn't all-powerful and even his butler, who seems to be able to solve any problem, can't help him with his asthma.

So far, a compelling story! In terms of action, it's a bit slow, but I like where this is going and the episodes give just the right amount of information.

I advice you to forget all of season 2 & half of season 1 of Kuroshitsuji. However, the first season didn't portray the characters well either. Anyway, Alois, Claude, Angela/Ash & Pluto is not canon, so they won't appear in this season. I'm grateful!
'I feel about as warm and happy as a potato in a hotpot'
Kaneki Ken
May 11, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2014
lilypippili said:
Soo... Freckles is a girl? O.o how was she planning to take a bath with all those men earlier... And why does she pretend to be a boy if she just wants a roommate?

Look at the time period. This is Victorian England. Most of the 2nd tier circus members were men if not all of them. Same thing for alot of things back in that day. As for the bath part, you're on your own there.
Jun 9, 2016 1:21 AM

Dec 2015
Not only he was a girl, but also the girl dressed in white, wow
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 3, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
Sebastian and William doing that trapeze lol. William's all like "I'm not touching you, demon" lol then Sebastian just grabbed his scythe which he really shouldn't have had up there, he could've dropped it and accidentally impaled someone.

Ciel's roommate is Doll! I didn't see that coming. She saved him from the snake.

William won't let Sebastian do anything.

Ciel has asthma, awww! poor him, that attack was bad!

I also wonder if they were found out because of that letter about Ciel.
Jul 28, 2017 10:04 PM
Jun 2013
So far loving it. I was actually surprised who doll was. Also being an asmatic in modern times sure makes me happy.
Sep 17, 2017 4:14 AM

Jun 2016
Sebby wiping Ciel's body. BYEEEEEEE! They need more physical contact, maan, until they kissed. Hehehehehe.

William and Sebby during the trapeze scene is so fucking hilarious. I'm dyiiiiiing!

I wonder who's that old man, maaan. Ugh so many questions.

I FUCKING LOST IT! FRECKLES IS A GIRL AFTER ALL THIS TIME? *flashback into the shower scene* IS SHE PLANNING TO TAKE A SHOWER WITH THEM GUYS AND CIEL? HAHAHAHAHA OMFG.

Fuck. I thought Ciel was attacked by those venomous snake that's why he threw up. Ugh. Get well soon, Ciel. I'm cryiiiing. Sebby look so concerned. Gaaaah! Poor Ciel. I didn't know he's got asthma hory shet.

That Snake guy is so interesting. Hahaha. What are you? A Parseltongue? My fellow Slytherin? Haha. Aaand just like that the circus folks found out because of the fucking snakes. Jesus.

William, just fucking chill and leave them two alone, maaan. Who's side are you on really? Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Mar 11, 2018 10:07 PM

Nov 2017
So I was interested in how Ciel and Sebastian were communicating with their hands in the last scene. It didn't seem like Morse Code, I was thinking maybe some other form of tap code?
Sep 1, 2020 3:26 AM

Mar 2019
Nice one, I love the voices for the knife throwing boy and joker. Also the opening is 10/10 but I knew that already before I even watched black butler and also, the ending song is amazing as well.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 1, 2022 2:23 AM
Aug 2022
I liked it, but when he got sick...i was...sad:(
Jun 10, 2023 8:07 PM
Oct 2022
I love black butler fr
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

148 by pendr4gonz »»
Apr 25, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2014

154 by Apratim »»
Apr 23, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

130 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

97 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 2:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.