Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2009 6:51 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So apparently a chapter was skipped. Seems Musashi yet again finds the answer to his problems which was found already during his own childhood. Possibly forgotten through his path to become unrivaled under the heavens.
Oct 19, 2009 10:55 AM

Jul 2007
How short...Is Vagabond running weekly?
Oct 20, 2009 12:18 AM

Nov 2007
So a visit to his past childhood days to relive a message.
Oct 20, 2009 3:35 AM

Apr 2008
was hoping for a bit more action but looks like he did get Itto b/c he falls at the end of 282. feel like that fight was a bit anticlimactic.. oh well, i still love this manga

Oct 20, 2009 3:59 AM

Aug 2009
Yagyuu and Inei dead, man that is a bummer. The old masters down for the count. On the 282nd chapter, i seriously thought that was Jotaro before I got a good look. And thats what I love about Vagabond. The whole text is soo damn deep it makes you really think about life in general. Brilliant chapters, as usual.
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny
- Lao-Tze.

Apr 9, 2018 3:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Two kids that think too much!!!
Nov 28, 2020 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
Is he really Musashi's friend? I mean Takezo haven't used the Musashi name before right?
Mar 22, 2022 1:51 PM
Mar 2018
Wow.. that was probably one of the most beautiful thought out moments of introspection from Takezo/Musashi ever. We all know that Musashi has matured in mind, but seeing that Takezo of all impressionable children was able to articulate the meaning of life by connecting everyone to himself was just peak philosophy for a kid that's wondering about life and the natural world. I'm impressed with the writing because Musashi's back and forth with being invincible, dying nobly, living a life in the middle path has it's undertakings from when he was 13 years of age. In chapter 281 just before dying, the transcended mind of the former head of the Yagyu said to Musashi that the answers were always inside of him, implying that Musashi had to have the feelings of being curious human rather than a narrow minded demon child. Fast forward to chapter 282 and you have Musashi right at death's door recalling times of when he had those answers Sekishusai spoke of and he found it in the memories of his youth under the stars. We all contain multitudes. Such a fantastic way to tie it all together in this chapter with Matahachi's retelling of a story with a theme that he (as well as most of the audience lol) doesn't quite seem to understand. Probably my favorite three chapters in a row throughout this manga and even though it's not involving blatant fighting, it's offering us a way to get ourselves away from archetypes we've created inside of our minds and start approaching life in a more honest way. Takehiko Inoue you're a bloody good writer.
May 27, 2023 1:32 AM
Jun 2015
Damn Inoue peaking here with his philosophy writing!
I feel like we are about to entre the arc where Musashi finally for once and for all becomes that wise warrior!
Sep 17, 2023 11:38 AM

Aug 2022
I don't know how I feel about the manga actually being told by Matahachi in the future.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 134 Discussion

Ranxomare - Dec 3, 2017

6 by _mattsongz »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 133 Discussion

Ranxomare - Dec 3, 2017

5 by _mattsongz »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 132 Discussion

Watermelonnable - Feb 6, 2017

8 by _mattsongz »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 131 Discussion

Raizel - Jun 2, 2017

6 by _mattsongz »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 128 Discussion

Ranxomare - Dec 3, 2017

9 by _mattsongz »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.