Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Jul 28 - Aug 3

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 5, 2014 8:08 AM

Mar 2012
These are the first pre order sales estiamte for summer titles so far
the first numbers are what the pre order number were at the middle of July, the second numbers are what they are now

20.3k -> 14.4k Sword Art Online II*
11.6k -> *8.6k Free! -Eternal Summer-
10.0k -> *7.6k Persona 4 The Golden*
*5.4k -> *7.6k Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 
*8.6k -> *7.0k Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal
----------------------6.0k----------------------------
*0.0k -> *5.5k Aldnoah.Zero*
*3.6k -> *4.0k Kuroshitsuji Book of Circus*
*2.7k -> *3.9k Tokyo Ghoul
*3.3k -> *3.6k Barakamon
*4.4k -> *3.8k Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!
*4.0k -> *3.4k Yama no Susume S2
----------------------3.0k----------------------------
*1.2k -> *2.7k Futsuu no Joshikousei ga【Locodol】Yattemita.
*2.7k -> *2.7k Bakumatsu Rock
*2.0k -> *2.1k Hanayamata 
*1.2k -> *1.9k Sabagebu!
----------------------*1.8k----------------------------
*0.0k -> *1.8k Love Stage!
*1.3k -> *1.8k Jinsei
*1.1k -> *1.6k Rokujyoma no Shinryakusha!?
*2.2k -> *1.5k Sengoku Basara Judge End
*1.2k -> *1.3k Space Dandy S2
*1.0k -> *1.2k RAIL WARS! 
*0.0k -> *1.2k Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
*0.0k -> *1.1k Zankyou no Terror*
*0.9k -> *1.0k Glass lip
*0.8k -> *0.7k Tokyo Esp
*0.7k -> *0.7k Ai Mai Mii Act II! 
*0.0k -> *0.6k Minarai Diva
*0.5k -> *0.6k Majimoji Rurumo
*0.8k -> *0.5k Re:_ Hamatora
*0.3k -> *0.3k shounen Hollywood

As for these titles there are no data for them YET
Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen 
DRAMAtical Murder
Ao Haru Ride
Akame ga Kill!
Francesca 
Himegoto
Momo Kyun Sword
Strange+ 2 
Nobunaga Concerto
Aug 5, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
ReikiShutuagi said:
Although someone mentioned it, I wonder if the sales will actually go up for some of the episodes released (the better fights) for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Especially next year after the Egypt section hits.

Since that sort of stuff happens extreme rarely for other series, I doubt it will happen for JoJo. Only extras can boost the later volumes above the first volume.

KKK is the only example I can think of that had a larger v2 than v1(without any amazing extras), but that was a sub-1k seller.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 5, 2014 8:22 AM

Sep 2013
Lol at people thinking Jojo is low XD show me a 40+ episode series that sold 10K+ per volume (2-3 episode per volume) :( And remember that the manga sales are getting a boost to.
It's mostly episodic too, I'm only buying the ones with fights I like e.g. D'arby, Vanilla Ice, Dio

This deserves so much more, it ain't even funny :(
21. *3,521 13,633 Tokyo Ghoul OP "unravel" by TK from Ling Tosite Sigure
Aug 5, 2014 8:34 AM

Dec 2013
uhh red, is it only u who do the estimate part? If so, Im really apperciate it ...
Aug 5, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
Yay, Love Live ^^
Aug 5, 2014 9:39 AM

Nov 2007
Atram151 said:
Good to see NGNL holding strong, and it should add more next week.
Also, Love Live! just keeps rolling along.

Its disc sales would probably be enough for a 2nd season, and the boost to the source material (which was the light novel) was really impressive. Just depends if a further boost to the source material is needed, whether there is more source material to adapt (haven't read the light novel anyhow), and a few other factors will determine if a 2nd season is made.

There is plenty of material as they only used 3 of the 6 novels, and a second season would most likely follow the same pace of 3 novels/12 episodes.

I'm happy to hear about there being enough material to adapt, being a fan of Nogenora. That means it should have a high chance of getting a 2nd season eventually.

Rachmaninow said:

I do agree about NGNL though (btw, I've seen this Nogenora abbreviation used a few times already and tbh it's pretty stupid; go with NGNL instead).

Sorry, i'm just using the abbreviation from the official twitter. Those usually stick in my mind more than other abbreviations.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 5, 2014 9:43 AM

Sep 2011
-ShadowClaw- said:

I'm gonna be fucking furious if it only sells that little. Especially since it further fucks over our chances of seeing a pluto anime.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 5, 2014 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
JizzyHitler said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

I'm gonna be fucking furious if it only sells that little. Especially since it further fucks over our chances of seeing a pluto anime.

Amazon only has the amazon version, so chances it is underestimated.

moonnya said:
uhh red, is it only u who do the estimate part? If so, Im really apperciate it ...

No problem,

I get from here, www.rankstker.net, so techniccly its not me who does them. I just compile them in a easy-to-read format.

Aug 5, 2014 9:49 AM

Feb 2014
Good to see Love Live! still getting decent sales.
Aug 5, 2014 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
Anyone know what is wrong with Hanayamata that it's getting bad preorder numbers?

Aug 5, 2014 9:55 AM
Mar 2010
JizzyHitler said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

I won't be furious. But I will be sad. Very, very, VERY sad. Like, super sad.

rederoin said:

Amazon only has the amazon version, so chances it is underestimated.

I sincerely hope this is the case.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 5, 2014 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
JoJo selling really good, pretty awesome since it's a good anime, it deserves it!
No Game No Life also with good sales, nice! I'm hoping for a second season.

Mahouka not selling as good as the others but still selling nicely, I thought it was an awesome anime, let's see if they're going to continue it in another season *_*

People saying that JoJo is selling bad? Well, comparing to the first season sales then yes but we have to consider that it was just the first week, I'm sure it will sell enough to keep the same "status" as the first season.
Aug 5, 2014 10:02 AM

Jun 2012
phoenixalia said:
JizzyHitler said:

I won't be furious. But I will be sad. Very, very, VERY sad. Like, super sad.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Aug 5, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
Hoppy said:
Anyone know what is wrong with Hanayamata that it's getting bad preorder numbers?

It's a shitty love live ripoff?
Aug 5, 2014 10:26 AM
Dec 2010
Hoppy said:

It started off in a respectable position on the Amazon charts, but seems unable to gain momentum. But yeah coming off so soon after Love Live means that it wouldn't be easy for Hanayamata to excite otakus when compared to Love Live.
Aug 5, 2014 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
Hoppy said:

I'm really enjoying the series, so these are not the things I dislike about,

It has a bigger focus on drama and a ongoing storyline compared to other CGDCT series, so I don't think the fans of the genre are that interested in it. But aside from that? I don't know, it right in the middle of the pack(mean is at 1.8k) for summer 2014 stalker estimates. So it just got unlucky, like a lot of series.

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
Hoppy said:

Hanyamata said:

Published: Jun 2011 to ?

Aug 5, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2008
scytheavatar said:
Hoppy said:

It started off in a respectable position on the Amazon charts, but seems unable to gain momentum. But yeah coming off so soon after Love Live means that it wouldn't be easy for Hanayamata to excite otakus when compared to Love Live.

Genre fatigue is setting in then.

rederoin said:
Hoppy said:

It has a bigger focus on drama and a ongoing storyline compared to other CGDCT series, so I don't think the fans of the genre are that interested in it. But aside from that? I don't know, it right in the middle of the pack(mean is at 1.8k) for summer 2014 stalker estimates. So it just got unlucky, like a lot of series.

That's the first I've heard SoL fans not being too interested in drama, that, combined with genre fatigue from Love Live, it might be the reasons why it may not sell.

Aug 5, 2014 10:43 AM

Nov 2011
Its just speculation though, I think Symbv will know more about that. Its just something I noticed about how its not a episodic CGDCT show.

Aug 5, 2014 11:15 AM
Feb 2012
JizzyHitler said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

Most Japanese anime fans wouldn't know what quality shows are if you shoved them down their throats. I too want to see the show do well but past cases demonstrated how things can go sometimes.

Don't worry. Bullshit Online will sell well enough for two I'm sure.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 5, 2014 11:21 AM

Dec 2011
Rachmaninow said:

Most Japanese anime fans wouldn't know what quality shows are if you shoved them down their throats..

Nor would you.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 5, 2014 11:57 AM
Dec 2010
Hoppy said:
Genre fatigue is setting in then.

It's more than that actually, I have watched 2 episodes of Hanayamata and I enjoyed it but didn't love it as much as I did for Love Live. It's a slower pace, more artsy show with mediocre art quality, the type of series otakus might like but wouldn't go gaga over. Compare this to Barakamon which has terrific art plus more energy and humor, and it's not hard to see why there seems to be more interest for Barakamon.
Aug 5, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
rederoin said:
Hoppy said:

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Hanyamata said:

Published: Jun 2011 to ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Live!

Love Live! (ラブライブ! Rabu Raibu!?) School Idol Project is a Japanese multimedia project co-developed by ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G's Magazine, music label Lantis, and animation studio Sunrise. The project revolves around a group of fictional school girls who become idols in order to save their school from shutting down. It launched in the August 2010 issue of Dengeki G's Magazine, and went on to produce music CDs, anime music videos, two manga adaptations, and video games. A 13-episode anime television series produced by Sunrise and directed by Takahiko Kyōgoku aired in Japan between January and March 2013, with a second season airing between April and June 2014. Both anime series are licensed in North America by NIS America. An animated film has also been announced.

That moment when you still dont know wtf you are talking about.

Like I said, using stalker and reblogging estimates doesn't make you intelligent.

It's getting old how nobody can say shit in these threads without you being a dick and insulting them for "not knowing how sales work".

Everyone on MAL is allowed to speak. You don't know half as much as you think you do, and you definitely don't know enough to camp these threads with your high and mighty attitude.

SolviteWoTaberuAug 5, 2014 12:20 PM
Aug 5, 2014 12:25 PM

Dec 2011
The important thing isn't when the franchise came into being but when they used the plotlines in question. Which I don't believe that Love Live did until the anime began - or at the earliest when the manga began, which was still in 2012 and thus after Hanayamata. Please correct me if I'm wrong there but I don't believe there was anything with that sort of storyline in the Love Live universe before that
Also this is working under the assumption that you call it a Love Live ripoff because of some of the similarities in plot elements. I don't know what else you would call them similar over, but if there is a different reason for your claim please do clarify.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 5, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
The important thing isn't when the franchise came into being but when they used the plotlines in question. Which I don't believe that Love Live did until the anime began - or at the earliest when the manga began, which was still in 2012 and thus after Hanayamata. Please correct me if I'm wrong there but I don't believe there was anything with that sort of storyline in the Love Live universe before that
Also this is working under the assumption that you call it a Love Live ripoff because of some of the similarities in plot elements. I don't know what else you would call them similar over, but if there is a different reason for your claim please do clarify.

Have you just not seen the PVs or what?

Edit: Not sure why all this fanboy rage is going around. I'm watching the show, it just isnt anything special.

Hence its mediocre sales.

Aug 5, 2014 12:32 PM

Dec 2011
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Have you just not seen the PVs or what?

What do you mean by that? The music videos? I've watched one of the two that were out before Hanayamata began publishing, which didn't have any resemblance to Hanayamata. Nor did later ones.
Aug 5, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2013
I wait for this post every week.

thank you guys.

Seeing people who argue about the taste of each other is always enjoyable.
While you shitpost about other taste, i watch or read stuff :D
Aug 5, 2014 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
no game no life is doing it's thing we need more season if possible
Aug 5, 2014 1:59 PM
Jul 2013
It's really not something to laugh about, and if you really care for anime and you have passion for it
you should at least understand the point i'm trying to make
Aug 5, 2014 2:13 PM

Apr 2012
acheronrush said:
I wait for this post every week.

thank you guys.

Seeing people who argue about the taste of each other is always enjoyable.
This pretty much sums up my feelings toward these sales/announcement/news threads as well (though nothing will ever compare to the pre-"let's pointlessly lock every news thread" days).

I occasionally try to do my part in helping to counteract the strong aura of ignorance and would-be-hilarious-if-they-weren't-actually-serious remarks, but there's only so much a mere mortal such as myself can do for people who abide by the notion of objective taste (or more specifically, the notion that "good taste" means anything other than "tastes that are similar to my own") and the like.

Aug 5, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
Ghostbooster said:
All of people complaining shut up, you watch anime anime for free illegally
you have no reason to talk, reason anime is dying is because of YOU
at least those otakus are buying and supporting
you're stealing those poor japanese animators work
i hope karma gets you

I'm getting Hanayamata Yosakoi Live at launch digitally. Now lets try again shall we.

Aug 5, 2014 2:39 PM

Nov 2011
Hoppy said:
Ghostbooster said:
i hope karma gets you

I'm getting Hanayamata Yosakoi Live at launch digitally. Now lets try again shall we.

I'll probably be importing the OP single once it comes out.

Aug 5, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2013
1. Who deleted my post saying that was a waste of money? Because thats my opinion.

rederoin said:
Hoppy said:

I'll probably be importing the OP single once it comes out.

I see you've ignored how you were blatantly wrong about hanayamata coming out before love live.

Guess Amazon Stalker can't tell you release dates.
Aug 5, 2014 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
Because it's not that good? Simple as that. The story is meh at best. Compared to other shows that revolve around girls doing things, Hanayamata just doesn't have the feel to it.
Aug 5, 2014 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
Tyrel said:
Hoppy said:
Because it's not that good? Simple as that. The story is meh at best. Compared to other shows that revolve around girls doing things, Hanayamata just doesn't have the feel to it.

At least someone understands.
Aug 5, 2014 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
On another subject, the Bodacious Space Pirates movie is doing rather good on the amazon rankings, which was not expected with its low box office. Here is hoping it atleast hits 20k.

Tyrel said:
Hoppy said:

Using your own opinions on a show as a reason for a show doing badly in the amazon rankings does not explain why its only doing average compared to the rest of the summer shows.

Not that I know the reason for it not getting more sales(which is not the same as it getting a lot dislike).

Aug 5, 2014 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Rederoin said:
Tyrel said:

Using your own opinions on a show as a reason for a show doing badly in the amazon rankings does not explain why its only doing average compared to the rest of the summer shows.

Not that I know the reason for it not getting more sales(which is not the same as it getting a lot dislike).

Well, obviously Japan likes other shows, and there's a lot of good shows this summer. Going by the charts above 3k zone, I can agree with almost all the shows—except the ones I'm not watching—of why people in Japan would like it. There's more "hype" per say around SAO, Sailor moon, and Free sales. While shows like Aldnoah get good sales (maybe because of Urobutcher?), and Black Butler gets okay sales because of it returning to the original manga storyline. My opinion may not mean anything, but if anything, from what I've seen, the stuff this summer that I thought would do okay in sales are.

Plus Hanayamata hasn't shown anything great in all of its episode to surprise viewers or give them something to which they should support the sales.
Aug 5, 2014 3:07 PM

Oct 2007
Tyrel said:
While shows like Aldnoah get good sales (maybe because of Urobutcher?)
Goddamnit.
Urobuchi.
Isn't.
Working.
On.
Aldnoah.
Aug 5, 2014 3:09 PM
Jul 2013
Hoppy said:
Ghostbooster said:
i hope karma gets you

To be fair i was talking to people who say staff like "why my favorite anime doesn't get a second season, japanese people suck" while they watch anime illegally not you
You're cool i like people who support this industry, you deserve good things
Aug 5, 2014 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
Progeusz said:
Tyrel said:
While shows like Aldnoah get good sales (maybe because of Urobutcher?)
Goddamnit.
Urobuchi.
Isn't.
Working.
On.
Aldnoah.
He did for episodes 1-3.
Aug 5, 2014 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
Tyrel said:
Rederoin said:

Well, obviously Japan likes other shows, and there's a lot of good shows this summer. Going by the charts above 3k zone, I can agree with almost all the shows—except the ones I'm not watching—of why people in Japan would like it. There's more "hype" per say around SAO, Sailor moon, and Free sales. While shows like Aldnoah get good sales (maybe because of Urobutcher?), and Black Butler gets okay sales because of it returning to the original manga storyline. My opinion may not mean anything, but if anything, from what I've seen, the stuff this summer that I thought would do okay in sales are.

Plus Hanayamata hasn't shown anything great in all of its episode to surprise viewers or give them something to which they should support the sales.

Hanayamata sucks.

You don't have to explain yourself this much. The majority clearly agrees with you, since it has mediocre sales.

And it isnt the subject material since Lobu libu is still going strong.

Love Live was cute, had dancing and drama and was awesome.

Hanababatutuwaba has moe and tropes.
Aug 5, 2014 3:15 PM

Oct 2007
Tyrel said:
He did for episodes 1-3.
It's common for various episodes to be done by different people. No point in obsessing over that. What really matters is who works on whole thing.
Aug 5, 2014 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
Progeusz said:
Tyrel said:
He did for episodes 1-3.
It's common for various episodes to be done by different people. No point in obsessing over that. What really matters is who works on whole thing.
And obviously those 3 weeks of episodes showed in the Preorders. I'm not obsessing over it, I'm just pulling ideas out. There's a reason why I had a (?) question mark.
Aug 5, 2014 3:24 PM

Nov 2008
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
Tyrel said:

Hanayamata sucks.

You don't have to explain yourself this much. The majority clearly agrees with you, since it has mediocre sales.

And it isnt the subject material since Lobu libu is still going strong.

Love Live was cute, had dancing and drama and was awesome.

Hanababatutuwaba has moe and tropes.

Love Live had moe and tropes off the scale, stop comparing Hanayamata to Love Live.

Aug 5, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
Tyrel said:
Progeusz said:
And obviously those 3 weeks of episodes showed in the Preorders. I'm not obsessing over it, I'm just pulling ideas out. There's a reason why I had a (?) question mark.

Its sales probably come from the fact that its an emotionless teenager using edge to beat overwhelming enemies.

That shit is popular.
Aug 5, 2014 3:31 PM

Oct 2007
Tyrel said:
I'm pretty sure it being Aniplex show has MUCH more to do with Aldnoah hype. West overestimates Urobuchi's influence. Both fans and skeptics. Just don't talk about him when mentioning Aldnoah because he isn't that relevant here.

And no, those three weeks of episodes don't show anything because the show was solicited after they aired. If anything, it isn't doing as well as other Aniplex shows.
Aug 5, 2014 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
[

Pre-order rankings =/ Sales

That aside, you seem be confused as to what sales mean. Low sales do not mean the series was disliked.

Aug 5, 2014 3:50 PM

Oct 2013
I'm enjoying Hanayamata. It's the only show I'm following this season (last season I followed Love Live 2 and Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san). The art and characters are nice (I'm surprised the moe otaku are turned off by the art, its art style fits very well into the moe mold), and I don't really mind the drama. No genre fatigue here, and I've stuffed myself with moe SoLs recently. So far I like Hanayamata more than, for example, Kiniro Mosaic and Yuru Yuri.

rederoin said:
Pre-order rankings =/ Sales

That aside, you seem be confused as to what sales mean. Low sales do not mean the series was disliked.

I agree. Popularity and sales doesn't correlate with quality, or even general fan opinion.
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Aug 5, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2013
Tyrel said:
Hoppy said:

Hanayamata is too Chinese. Honestly, if I didnt see dat show on MAL, I would think its a Chinese cartoon
Aug 5, 2014 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
Why are some people comparing Love Live! and Hanayamata? They are nothing alike! Love Live is a multimedia franchise 2.5D idol show. Hanayamata is an adaption from the Manga Kirara Time family (i.e. Moe to the max). There is nothing similar about them and their potential target audience apart from both being anime.

BTW, I enjoyed Love Live and I'm really enjoying Hanayamata.

And as for Hanayamata being chinese???? Yosakoi is about as Japanese as you can get!! I'm lucky enough to live near a Japanese collage that has a awesome drum team as well as a Yosakoi group and it really is amazing to watch live!
scruffykiwiAug 5, 2014 5:00 PM
Aug 5, 2014 5:17 PM

Nov 2008
scruffykiwi said:
Why are some people comparing Love Live! and Hanayamata? They are nothing alike! Love Live is a multimedia franchise 2.5D idol show. Hanayamata is an adaption from the Manga Kirara Time family (i.e. Moe to the max). There is nothing similar about them and their potential target audience apart from both being anime.

BTW, I enjoyed Love Live and I'm really enjoying Hanayamata.

And as for Hanayamata being chinese???? Yosakoi is about as Japanese as you can get!! I'm lucky enough to live near a Japanese collage that has a awesome drum team as well as a Yosakoi group and it really is amazing to watch live!

What I can't believe is how modern it is, Yosakoi started in 1954. Which gives me another reason why Hanayamata isn't getting the proper number of preorders, yosakoi, despite being a modern dance is based off traditional dances (wearing happi and yukata at least in Japan, in other countries who have Yosakoi teams sometimes dress differently) and to the buying fanbase in Japan, it may come off as way too Japanese.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
28 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
31 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
53 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.