Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2014
Good or bad idea to remake an anime? Deadman Wonderland, should have a remake? And I would love to see FLCL and Cowboy Bebop do a remake were its in a HD version with bright colors. For example, Hunter X Hunter 2011.
Jul 19, 2014 4:39 PM

Mar 2013
Deadman Wonderland came out 3 years ago and you want a remake already?

and you want a remake of Cowboy Bebop with bright colors?
Jul 19, 2014 4:40 PM

Mar 2014
fst said:
Deadman Wonderland came out 3 years ago and you want a remake already?

and you want a remake of Cowboy Bebop with bright colors?

Deadman Wonderland didn't follow the manga. And the manga is amazing!
Jul 19, 2014 4:41 PM

Jan 2014
It can go either way,
HxH, good
FMA, good, but worse than predecessor

Magi for example needs a remake ASAP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2014 4:48 PM

Apr 2012
I'd like to see High School of the Dead remade but where all the zombies have been replaced by horses.
Jul 19, 2014 4:52 PM

Feb 2010
GOD NO
Please never start doing remakes of good, old shows with 'brighter colors' (aka cg animation). It's not like there aren't hundreds of anime with that look and color palette being pumped out every year, why do you feel the need to drag the classics down as well?
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 19, 2014 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
I will eat my shoes with pleasure if GTO gets a remake
Jul 19, 2014 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
AnimeFanTalk said:
Good or bad idea to remake an anime? Deadman Wonderland, should have a remake? And I would love to see FLCL and Cowboy Bebop do a remake were its in a HD version with bright colors. For example, Hunter X Hunter 2011.

No let cowboy bebob stay how it's, since a lot of people here say it has one of the best animation ever!
Jul 19, 2014 5:00 PM

May 2013
Ugh no, what. Traditional animating techniques look so much better than digital animation. If the show still looks good now -- like Bebop and FLCL do -- then don't remake it in candy colors and super smooth lines (and FLCL really already has that, sooooo).

The only remakes I'd like to see are ones of really old anime where the animation has not aged well at all: think the original Macross. Also, shows that may have not have been fully adapted and have more story to tell.
Jul 19, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2013
DrRobotnik said:
I'd like to see High School of the Dead remade but where all the zombies have been replaced by horses.

I feel i can get behind this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2014 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
Starmac said:
candy colors and super smooth lines

Ahaha, that's what I really like about Modern anime, but I'm a big fan of the moeshit SoL genre. I agree though, there should be a certain amount of reverence for the style of older animes like Bebob. I like the end result of modern animation more, but I respect the process of older animation.
Jul 19, 2014 6:01 PM
Oct 2010
Berserk remake but with a gigantic budget and minimal cutting.
Jul 19, 2014 6:12 PM

Oct 2013
if it was a masterpiece, then why not? i myself tend to watch anime that has great modern graphics. it is really hard for me to stick long enough to finish a classic series (eg. ranma 1/2). however, i can maybe stick with it if the storytelling is a masterpiece, like hunter x hunter. i can get a more sense of clarity out of a remake because it is in higher quality. the '99 version of hxh was dark and it was really difficult for me to tell what was going on.
Jul 19, 2014 6:24 PM
Dec 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
GOD NO
Please never start doing remakes of good, old shows with 'brighter colors' (aka cg animation).
I agree. I personally prefer the classic art and 'color' than the 'brighter colors' art, It would ruin the show itself if you remake a masterpiece anime cause it would basically take all the credit from its original series.
Jul 19, 2014 6:38 PM

May 2012
AnimeFanTalk said:
Cowboy Bebop do a remake were its in a HD version with bright colors

Ew, fuck no. Next you're going to ask for a remake of Wicked City with a fucking rainbow palette.
Jul 19, 2014 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
I'd love to see Dragon Ball Kai without any filler at all and with the same animation as the openings.

The same for One Piece, no fillers, when it's finished.
Jul 19, 2014 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
I think bleach should be reanimated, when the manga is over I mean
Jul 19, 2014 7:12 PM

Oct 2013
Any good old series like bebop don't need to be remade. Most series from the early to mid 2000's would greatly appreciate a remake though.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 19, 2014 7:15 PM

Dec 2012
skudoops said:
Berserk remake but with a gigantic budget and minimal cutting.

This one is long overdue and it really deserves one (a real tv remake and not movies) since the story was fantastic but the animation is extremely outdated and there is so much more content to cover now.
Jul 19, 2014 9:05 PM

Nov 2013
Reinhard in HD?
Jul 19, 2014 9:05 PM

Mar 2014
Kabi-sama said:
Reinhard in HD?

10/10 would fap.
Jul 21, 2014 6:22 PM

Apr 2012
Boombawks said:
Makeyzito said:

I feel i can get behind this
Epic! Maybe Zombies but with heads that look like this.

Yeah and just know one mentions it the whole series.
Jul 21, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeFanTalk said:

I think Deadman wonderland,FLCL and Cowboy Bebop should be continued not remade. Generally I am against the idea of remaking an anime unless the anime is old and obscure or a short anime series where the story feels crammed.
Jul 21, 2014 8:34 PM

May 2011
Kabi-sama said:
Reinhard in HD?
i have never watched the show cuz i'm waiting for this.<3

Yu Yu Hakusho is getting one,dunno when tho :c
''I was dead serious''

Jul 21, 2014 10:36 PM
Jul 2014
Fate/Stay Night is getting a remake, although its by ufotable instead of deen, which should be directed way better since deen made a mess out of the series.

Personally i think remakes are good, just because it can introduce the younger audience to the older stories that the older generation of viewers enjoyed back then. plus it being on current animation technology is a major ++ for me
Jul 21, 2014 10:46 PM

Nov 2011
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3907/Ginga_Sengoku_Gunyuuden_Rai

If at the very least, it would get us proper English subs.
Jul 21, 2014 11:01 PM

Jun 2013
judals said:
It can go either way,
HxH, good

You're saying Brotherhood was worse than the original or am I missing something here?
Jul 21, 2014 11:03 PM

Jul 2014
Dragonball Z remake would be great..
Jul 21, 2014 11:49 PM

Jul 2012
FloatsBoats said:
judals said:
It can go either way,
HxH, good

You're saying Brotherhood was worse than the original or am I missing something here?

I feel FMA was darker, don't know how much better it was.
Jul 21, 2014 11:51 PM

Oct 2013
Claymore and berserk. These two need a remake.
Jul 22, 2014 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
GOD NO
Please never start doing remakes of good, old shows with 'brighter colors' (aka cg animation). It's not like there aren't hundreds of anime with that look and color palette being pumped out every year, why do you feel the need to drag the classics down as well?

^ This.

We got Evangelion Rebuilds already and the only good movie was the second one.

Tpininri said:
I think bleach should be reanimated, when the manga is over I mean

Hell no. If the manga is completed and the "new" anime is like HxH 2011, meaning not rushed at all, keeping the pace of the manga (sometimes slower but w/e), it would take 300 episodes to say the least. And Bleach doesn't have a good rewatching potential so it would be boring watching the same thing all over again but with a remaster. It would take ~150 episodes to get to the point the anime Bleach ended and that would be boring. Continuing it from where it left off would be stupid too because you would have to recap many things, most of which would be 50% filler because Bleach.
Jul 22, 2014 1:01 AM

Feb 2013
I'd love a remake of Vampire Knight just so that they actually continue adapting the manga into an anime, rather than cutting it to an end at the most interesting part.

It would feel a bit weird watching it again and it being different, though.
Jul 22, 2014 1:07 AM

Dec 2012
Well, Deadman Wonderland is relatively recent, so while they might be able to expand the plot and redo the ridiculous ending because of the updated source material, it wouldn't change the animation or anything really. In around 10 years, sure why not?

As far as remaking shows that are considered "masterpieces" {FLCL, Bebop, Evangelion, etc} it seems kind of...odd but at the same time it feels right because there's no need to remake shows that are really good and have a classical essence. At the same time it does give a modern style that most people are familiar with.

So personally, I'm fine with it as long as they keep the same tone they did with the previous show and they don't fuck it up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

23 by Toooooooooohru »»
32 seconds ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

64 by LostSpectre »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

32 by Dauphine »»
8 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

8 by mizukasa »»
9 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

3 by LostSpectre »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.