Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 12, 2014 9:11 AM
Dec 2013
I actually find it to be very impressive how adding enough paper thin and shallow, pseudo-intellectual bullshit symbolism and so called "foreshadowing" to what is a poorly written, obviously sensationalist ending forced onto Urobutchi, in order to prolong SHAFT's ability to milk this dead cow franchise even further, has deluded its pretentious, intellectual wannabe fanbase into ACTUALLY mentioning it in the same pantheon of End of Evangelion. If this is the modern equivalent of what an artistic example in anime is supposed to be, then the medium has DEFINITELY gone to shit.
Jul 12, 2014 9:15 AM

Jan 2013
What should we discuss then?
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 12, 2014 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
Jul 12, 2014 9:20 AM

Feb 2011
^
Jul 12, 2014 9:21 AM

Mar 2012
HA. Thinks End of Evangelion was intellectual even after the creator himself said all the symbolism in it was bullshit and was only used because he thought it looked cool.
Jul 12, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:
This.

Haha Rebellion hate threads never cease to amuse me :)
Jul 12, 2014 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
Like it or not, the comparisons to Evangelion are inevitable.
It's like saying you shouldn't compare a movie that tell it's story out of order to Memento.
It's simply way too obvious to not bring it up.
Jul 12, 2014 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
has deluded its pretentious, intellectual wannabe fanbase

I dont want to hear that shit from someone that gave more than 5 to Eva 3.0 and the originals.
Jul 12, 2014 12:08 PM

Jan 2013
Its pretty pretentious, but how are they milking the franchise.

With where it's at, theres practically no room for a sequel, and at the end Homura jumps off a cliff.

And I love the people saying this pretentious ending was forced on Urobuchi.

Urobuchi is fucking famous because of his pretentious endings.

Read Saya no Uta or watch any one episode of Psycho Pass. The guy is practically "forced intellectualism" the writer.

I wasnt that happy with the ending but its the direction the creators chose to go in and I respect that.
Jul 19, 2014 1:41 AM

Aug 2009
June93 said:
ElPysCongroo said:
HA. Thinks End of Evangelion was intellectual even after the creator himself said all the symbolism in it was bullshit and was only used because he thought it looked cool.
The symbolism has no real bearing on conveying the themes of eva, the script tells you pretty much everything. Please use a better example of something actually pretentious, like Psycho-Pass or Ergo Proxy.
You know how many praise that symbolism and go around telling everyone how much that changed their view on life(or religion), right?
I am sorry but I cant understand what part of Shinji made those people change their views about life.Because it was anime with a depressed as fuck mc that goes on circles?
Jul 19, 2014 4:02 AM

Nov 2013
June93 said:
ElPysCongroo said:
The symbolism has no real bearing on conveying the themes of eva, the script tells you pretty much everything. Please use a better example of something actually pretentious, like Psycho-Pass or Ergo Proxy.
Except they are not pretentious.
Jul 19, 2014 5:17 PM

Feb 2014
sjack said:
I actually find it to be very impressive how adding enough paper thin and shallow, pseudo-intellectual bullshit symbolism and so called "foreshadowing" to what is a poorly written, obviously sensationalist ending forced onto Urobutchi, in order to prolong SHAFT's ability to milk this dead cow franchise even further, has deluded its pretentious, intellectual wannabe fanbase into ACTUALLY mentioning it in the same pantheon of End of Evangelion. If this is the modern equivalent of what an artistic example in anime is supposed to be, then the medium has DEFINITELY gone to shit.

Botato said:
June93 said:
Except they are not pretentious.

Words cannot tell how I hate that word.
Jul 19, 2014 10:43 PM

Jan 2013
June93 said:
HeisenDurden said:

Words cannot tell how I hate that word.
Frequent name/quote dropage along with members of the cast explaining every facet of their *brilliantly thought out* life philosophies in the stead of natural dialogue for character exploration very much qualifies as pretentious.

Natural dialogue does not exist in 99% of animes. The same goes with movies and tv shows tho.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 20, 2014 12:03 AM

Jan 2013
June93 said:
That's not true at all?

There's reason people who learn Japanese by watching anime are sometimes mocked for their awkward use of Japanese language. A similar example is also seen when people from a country where English is not their mother tongue use classy or cheesy quotes from movies.

"Pretentious" aside, I'm just pointing out that most conversation from stories are not "natural".
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 20, 2014 12:10 AM
Nov 2008
ElPysCongroo said:
holy fuck, someone else actually remembers that.

bless this thread.
Jul 24, 2014 9:16 AM

Jun 2009
the ending IS in the same pantheon as end of evangelion

both are terrible and shitty bullshit endings
Jul 24, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2009
Iliya said:

Rebellion is nowhere as shitty as EoE.At least Rebellion makes sense.
Jul 24, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
Iliya said:

you got me there
Jul 24, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2009
tsudecimo said:

Naw, there's an opinion then there's this guy.

No examples, no references, not even an argument. Just being loud because he can't handle the real shit. Lord have mercy if a story is anchored down with logic and reasoning.

Don't fall for his bullshit people. He's just spewing verbal diarrhea everywhere and wants the people in the thread to come and sort it out for him.
Jul 24, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
June93 said:
ssjokg said:
I think you should rewatch EoE, it's all explicitly told to the viewer.
No sorry. I did rewatch it and Shinji's choice makes no sense whatsoever.
Jul 26, 2014 5:23 AM
Sep 2007
sjack said:
If this is the modern equivalent of what an artistic example in anime is supposed to be, then the medium has DEFINITELY gone to shit.
I didn't really find third Madoka movie to be on shocking mind-blowing level as EoE, I just disliked it, but you can't blame authors for trying to make money.
Jul 26, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2013
Psajdak said:
sjack said:
If this is the modern equivalent of what an artistic example in anime is supposed to be, then the medium has DEFINITELY gone to shit.
I didn't really find third Madoka movie to be on shocking mind-blowing level as EoE, I just disliked it, but you can't blame authors for trying to make money.
Nah you don't understand man, if I don't like it then it's shit and the anime community/industry has gone to shit because of it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dimasmw - Oct 27, 2013

1042 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 7:10 AM

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.