Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 2, 2014 8:21 PM
Jun 2014
Do you have any mangas that you thought were really good but never got a good anime adaption? Please only use OLDER manga, for this thread. This differentiates the thread. It doesn't have to be really old like from the 80s or 90s but old enough to know that it will most likely not get an anime.
For me personally I was displeased to know that Ga Rei will not get an anime adaption(I mean the actual main series, not a prequel). Also Medaka Box anime should have continued considering that manga got good at the very moment where the anime left off, and most of the MB fanbase would agree.
Jul 2, 2014 8:30 PM

Apr 2013
this manga would've made an amazing anime
Jul 2, 2014 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
Medaka Box counted as old manga. It only ended last year...
Jul 2, 2014 10:03 PM
Jun 2014
ReaperCreeper said:

I said in OP that I meant any manga that is old enough that it is pretty unlikely were an anime adaption will continue
Jul 3, 2014 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
Defective_Minus said:
ReaperCreeper said:

I said in OP that I meant any manga that is old enough that it is pretty unlikely were an anime adaption will continue

Medaka Box still doesn't qualify.
Jul 3, 2014 12:29 AM
Aug 2012
Kiseijuu
Vagabond
Vinland Saga
Jul 3, 2014 1:12 AM

Jan 2014
Inu Neko Jump
Remote
Me & My Brothers
Subete ni Iya Girl
Miriam
Girls Saurus
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Jul 3, 2014 11:20 PM

Jul 2011
An Akumetsu anime would've been cool.
"I can't even tell what's j*zz and what's ice cream anymore." - omgatree, 2011
Jul 4, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2010
3x3 eyes never got a proper adaptation even though there were plans. Huge shame, it would have been very popular were it running nowadays.

Hokuto no Ken got a very shotty adaptation. Even though it at least has an excuse of being the first popular long running adaptation, so they were doing what they could.
Jul 5, 2014 12:16 AM
May 2009
AKUMETSU A MUST
rajin90Jul 7, 2014 11:41 AM
latest manga raws/spoilers/covers/colour pictures updates at https://www.facebook.com/Manga.Utopia
Jul 5, 2014 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
AI Think So. first major work of Ken Akamatsu.
Irony that is my favoraite series from Ken. but never get attention despite its from very successful mangaka.
Jul 5, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
Gekishin said:
Kiseijuu
isnt it getting one this year?
Jul 5, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2012
Cupquake said:
Gekishin said:
Kiseijuu
isnt it getting one this year?

Best show fall 2014
Jul 5, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2013
Holyland
Jul 5, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2010
There was a very good manga called Records of a Fallen Vampire that I liked, but since the vampire boom passed with no adaption, its chances seem slim.

But! Never say never! I mean, just look at Level E!
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jul 5, 2014 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
Hoshi no Samidare
Holyland

ReaperCreeper said:
Defective_Minus said:

+1

Gekishin said:
Kiseijuu
Vagabond
Vinland Saga

Kiseijuu will get an adaption this year and the other two aren't even finished.
Jul 5, 2014 7:14 PM

Jun 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
Defective_Minus said:

There isn't even a slim possibility of Medaka Box getting another season. The Anime was not sufficient in boosting the series out of the bottom rankings of jump and couldn't help it in volume sales much either. I'm not so sure the show had great tv ratings or bd sales either, it's not old but it does qualify for this.
Jul 5, 2014 7:36 PM

Oct 2013
Akumetsu anime sounds cool!

Deadman Wonderland isn't old, but I want my first ever manga's anime adaptation to be rebooted and covers the manga entirely.
Jul 5, 2014 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
ReaperCreeper said:

There isn't even a slim possibility of Medaka Box getting another season. The Anime was not sufficient in boosting the series out of the bottom rankings of jump and couldn't help it in volume sales much either. I'm not so sure the show had great tv ratings or bd sales either, it's not old but it does qualify for this.

My point was that 2 years since previous season and 1 year since manga ended aren't really much of a basis to say it will never get another season. But yeah if we bring up sales and shit looks like a no go.
Jul 6, 2014 3:32 AM

Jun 2010
As sad as it is - we'll probably never get to see an adaption of Girl Friends.

Also I'd for myself would have liked to see one for Franken Fran. Even though that would have probably been more suited for an OVA release. Can't imagine it being shown on TV.
Jul 14, 2014 2:27 AM
Jul 2018
Mars ( Souryo Fuyumi ) well it's shoujo manga released in 1996 but in my opinion it's really great. The art and story plot is just amazing. :3
Jul 14, 2014 2:31 AM

Feb 2013
Gekishin said:

Vinland Saga

I'm still hoping about this, I mean it's not even over yet and still publishing monthly!

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
Jul 14, 2014 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
A well adapted Lone Wolf and Cub anime would be one hell of a ride.
Jul 14, 2014 12:57 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Vinland Saga - Although there is a hope to still get an adaption.

And from very older ones;

Deimos no Hanayome - It had a single OVA, they could have made it into a whole series and the series nature is episodic.
Aries - Same deal, a single OVA. I think a proper adaption would fold the whole story well.
Akujo Seisho - A dark josei that I think it would work well and I would have liked to see.
Swan - Similar to Glass Mask, weird that they never made anything to it, not even a single OVA.
Jul 14, 2014 3:23 PM
Jul 2014
I'd be very surprised if Vinland Saga didn't get an anime adaptation once it's finished. Mainly because Yukimura's far less popular psychological sci fi series Planetes did get an anime adaptation. (that kinda sucked imo)

As for my own suggestion:
Freesia

There's already a live action movie and it's probably not the best candidate for an anime series but it would be awesome I think.
Kerberos91Jul 14, 2014 5:06 PM
Jul 14, 2014 4:01 PM

Oct 2011
Most popular manga that is not adapted into anime usually are adapted into live-actions instead. A good example is 20th Century Boys

Though imo, some manga are perfect the way it is and doesn't really need an adaptation like Oyasumi Punpun
Jul 14, 2014 5:02 PM
Jul 2014
BlueKite said:
Most popular manga that is not adapted into anime usually are adapted into live-actions instead. A good example is 20th Century Boys

Yeah that one got me puzzled. I mean why adapt Monster into an anime and 20th CB into a series of live-action movies? Tonally they're very similar. The only difference is 20th CB has a lot of sci fi elements Monster does not have. But that would actually make it more logical to do it the other way around as reproducing the sci fi elements from the manga would be very costly. (though admittedly they actually did a pretty good job with that, it's more other things that made me not really enjoy the movies as much as I'd hoped) I think 20th CB would make a great anime series. They can probably even milk multiple seasons out of it if that's what they want. Also as far as I know no one's even attempted to take a shot at an adaptation of Urasawa's third great series: Pluto.
Kerberos91Jul 14, 2014 5:06 PM
Jul 19, 2014 1:34 AM

Oct 2011
avantakiyama said:
BlueKite said:

Yeah that one got me puzzled. I mean why adapt Monster into an anime and 20th CB into a series of live-action movies? Tonally they're very similar. The only difference is 20th CB has a lot of sci fi elements Monster does not have. But that would actually make it more logical to do it the other way around as reproducing the sci fi elements from the manga would be very costly. (though admittedly they actually did a pretty good job with that, it's more other things that made me not really enjoy the movies as much as I'd hoped) I think 20th CB would make a great anime series. They can probably even milk multiple seasons out of it if that's what they want. Also as far as I know no one's even attempted to take a shot at an adaptation of Urasawa's third great series: Pluto.

Monster is set in Europe while 20CB is in Japan so the better option for Monster is getting an anime adaptation (though there will be a HBO adaptation of it in the near future.
Jul 21, 2014 8:18 AM

Dec 2008
Please Save My Earth never got a proper adaptation. The existing OVA series covers less than a third of the whole manga, if I got the maths right, so it is basically an extended trailer for this particular title. Then again, the same could be said for other series with an intricate plot and an immense universe created by the original author, especially if the manga receives an anime adaptation while it is still being published.

jpem said:
A well adapted Lone Wolf and Cub anime would be one hell of a ride.

I agree with this sentiment, although I would much prefer an adaptation of Samurai Executioner. Still, it is unlikely that this type of series would ever get an adaptation that would do them justice. Even if they were to be released in the form of an OVA which is generally less strict with the content that it may present to the viewers.
Jul 24, 2014 6:13 PM

Jul 2008
Honestly, I'm always a little surprised Hoshi no Samidare doesn't have an anime adaptation. The fights would look great animated and the it's already finished so no worries about messing up the plot.

BEGINNER
Jul 25, 2014 6:21 AM

Oct 2008
20th Century boys would have been awesome... Liar Game also has a live-action, I hope there will be an anime when the manga is finished. I really liked One Outs from the same mangaka.

Blade of the immortal and Shin angyo Onshi are both finished, they should have a proper anime instead of a movie / 13 episodes.

Other suggestions:

- Ciguatera ( This would be funny ;P)
- The Breaker
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Jul 25, 2014 9:42 PM

Oct 2008
Dragon Voice
High School Debut
+Anima
Jul 26, 2014 6:14 AM

May 2011
Enema said:
Kiseijuu

It's getting one...even a live-action movie is comiing up n.n
''I was dead serious''

Oct 8, 2014 3:28 AM

Sep 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was a couple of years ago the most long-lasting manga with no anime adaption. Which manga holds that record today?
Oct 8, 2014 3:48 AM

Mar 2008
Juge666 said:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was a couple of years ago the most long-lasting manga with no anime adaption. Which manga holds that record today?
Jojo's had OVAs since the early 1990s, you know.

I don't think Abu-san ever had any adaptations, but it apparently ended earlier this year.
Oct 9, 2014 11:24 PM

Oct 2013
Warau Kyuuketsuki would be a fine gore

BLAME!

And I mean a proper adaptation, not some cheap short-ass clips

More topics from this board

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga?

Nyron - Feb 7

27 by Saiunknown »»
2 hours ago

» How do you read your Manwha/Manhua ?

TheDefCrypt - May 8

5 by FZREMAKE »»
4 hours ago

» Any manga out that opposite to world end harem?

Darkrazor22 - May 10

1 by Nekoburger »»
Yesterday, 3:58 PM

» Western Studio Adaptation of Berserk (Thoughts?)

FlydayEthan - May 2

4 by Old_School_Akira »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM

» Why so much ntr in manhwa?

TheRacist11 - Yesterday

0 by TheRacist11 »»
Yesterday, 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.