Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2014 3:09 PM
Jun 2014
The feels I can't..... I like the name of the flower part. Hmm, the touch you with trembling hands part is he referring to the first time they held each others hands or the second time?
Jun 24, 2014 3:16 PM
May 2014
Oh, that is beautiful. Caesar's love for Ichi is so pure. This must be how he feels between ep 14 and 21. That is just beautiful. Yeah, how can people not vote for them?
Jun 24, 2014 3:21 PM
May 2014
The trembling hands is just a metaphorical reference , you should stop taking everything literally=P (or maybe the first time he touched her on their wedding night? )

Actually i think its very likely both Ichi and Caesars character songs are reflecting their feelings between Ep 18-20, This song is meant to complement Ichis, with the obvious name of flower reference (which is obviously Love in both cases), Ichis chara song is meant to reflect her feelings after ep 18, when she realized she loved him when he didnt return when Mitsu did, while Caesars reflects how much he has changed and realized his past mistakes and how much he loves her (while he was in captivity), both their songs are definitely between ep 18 and 20 (which is episode 19, coincidentally, we didnt see either of them in this ep)

I really like these songs, it really give us an insight into their characters and feelings that we may not notice in the anime, like how Caesar is clearly guilty about his past deeds (obviously stuff like killing her father) which was never shown in the show,

the part where he kept saying 'even if i were to compose 1000 words, i cant reach your eyes ' obviously is saying he realized sweet words alone wont win her heart, so he actually has to prove it with his actions, also, him 'finally' realizing the name of the flower also implies that she was the first person caesar really fell in love with

The songs definitely gives more depth to their relationships, and tells us that there is more to them than the scenes we saw in the show (i.e there are more interactions that were just not shown), the song also makes a literal reference to her singing voice, so he definitely heard her sing at some point, which was never shown

The really weird thing is that in the last couple of hours, Mitsu x Ichi suddenly gets 7 votes when it had zero before that... i kinda feel something is going on here, but whatever

EDIT: OK so WORLD IS MINE and DIGNIFIED ELEGANCE are chronoligical, they are meant to be read in that order

World is mine is first, it reflects caesars past 'evil' self and his desire to take ichi without caring about the lives lost, that makes it all the more sad T_T, ill translate it soon, but its kinda hard

But he was a real jerk in the first song, lol, wait for it
jfsJun 24, 2014 3:50 PM
Jun 24, 2014 3:54 PM
Jun 2014
Yeah, I guess I did jump the gun when I read the trembling hands part. I immediately thought of ep 21's ending scenes. You have a point and I think it definitely reflects their feelings during the span that they are apart from each other. It's good to see that Caesar does regret his past actions. I do wish we had gotten a Caesar in captivity scene where he is contemplating his past actions. I guess that kind of proves why Caesar stuck with Nobu's group. He wanted to show Ichi how far he is willing to go for her. Hmm, does the song reference Ichi singing, yet another scene that should have been on the show XD

I have noticed that LOL... what is going on!
Jun 24, 2014 4:02 PM
May 2014
I thought of the wedding night immediately. XD

I agree and there's no way they're not related. Oh yeah! ep 19 is the perfect time for this to happen. I can see Ichi thinking about this in her room and Caesar in captivity awaiting his sentence.

I really like these too. Yeah, it definitely does, I wouldn't have seen all of this in the anime. Well, not showing it is one reason. XD

Ichi's definitely the only one he really fell in love with and he fell hard. That's what I suspected, but I'm glad it was confirmed.

There is definitely more depth than what was shown. Oh yeah! I'm glad there was more interactions, I just wish they were shown now. XD

Well, when it comes to forums I learn you can never trust the polls. I was in the Vampire Knight debates (I never debated, but man was it fun to watch XD (I never finished that manga BTW, but stuck around for the debates of it XD)) and when you get 18 people with the same name just with a different number voting for something... yeah.

LOL, bring on his past jerkish moments! I was a fan of him then so, I'm ready. XD
NiteBloomingRoseJun 24, 2014 4:14 PM
Jun 24, 2014 4:16 PM
May 2014
Well the 1st and 2nd of caesars songs are meant to contrast his personalities before and after he met her, Ichis song also references to how she 'wants to watch that changing figure' as one of the reason she fell for him, the connection is subtle, but its there...

Anyway, Caesar chara song VOL 2 WORLD IS MINE lyrics (could have plenty of translational mistakes, the grammar is either hard or awful)

WOW what a jerk LOL
jfsJun 24, 2014 4:23 PM
Jun 24, 2014 4:23 PM
Jun 2014
This definitely was the Caesar we were introduced to in the beginning. "I will watch until you break apart and die" this part definitely sound chilling to me.
Jun 24, 2014 4:25 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
This definitely was the Caesar we were introduced to in the beginning. "I will watch until you break apart and die" this part definitely sound chilling to me.

He was obviously talking about Ichi there, i guess he planned to get her and have his way with her until she 'breaks apart and die' lol
Jun 24, 2014 4:31 PM
Jun 2014
jfs said:
Bodomschild said:

He was obviously talking about Ichi there, i guess he planned to get her and have his way with her until she 'breaks apart and die' lol

That's what I thought too. I really can't believe he would have abused her like that. I mean he says he doesn't like hurting women and all that jazz, but he would go an do that to his wife SMH. I guess he thought of Ichi as a wallflower but didn't realise she had a will of steel XD
Jun 24, 2014 4:43 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:

That's what I thought too. I really can't believe he would have abused her like that. I mean he says he doesn't like hurting women and all that jazz, but he would go an do that to his wife SMH. I guess he thought of Ichi as a wallflower but didn't realise she had a will of steel XD

He could still have his way with her in ep 14 if he wanted to, i think its likely that during the tea party, Caesar knew Ichi accepted his proposal despite her probably knowing what kind of man he is (the type who just wants to have his way with her) and this sort of brought him to think 'OK maybe i shouldnt do this after all' so he went for the choco cake strategy instead
Jun 24, 2014 4:44 PM
May 2014
LOL, that song is awesome! Oh, gosh, there's the jerk!Caesar! Haha! Oh my! He does sound like a villain for sure. XD That's good. XD

I never thought Caesar would say that about Ichi as he said he doesn't like killing women. Yeah, he probably thought she was just a pretty face like others he has met, but she turned out to be more. XD

Ah, so Ichi accepting his proposal like that saved her and he went for the cake way. XD

But didn't Cesare say Ichi was Caesar's type because of her virtue?
Jun 24, 2014 4:47 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:
LOL, that song is awesome! Oh, gosh, there's the jerk!Caesar! Haha! Oh my! He does sound like a villain for sure. XD That's good. XD

I never thought Caesar would say that about Ichi as he said he doesn't like killing women. Yeah, he probably thought she was just a pretty face like others he has met, but she turned out to be more. XD

Ah, so Ichi accepting his proposal like that saved her and he went for the cake way. XD

But didn't Cesare say Ichi was Caesar's type because of her virtue?

I doubt he meant literal dying, he probably meant he would just abuse and have his way with her until her mind breaks or something

Well Caesar wanted Ichi as just any other beautiful women at first, he probably thinks of women as disposable pleasures in the past, he only fell for her after seeing her resolve/purity/virtue or whatever

Think about it, in ep 5 he made a beeline for the Oda castle, i cant imagine he was planning on doing anything but abducting/forcing her if he succeeded so yeah
jfsJun 24, 2014 4:56 PM
Jun 24, 2014 4:57 PM
May 2014
Ah, yeah, probably. Still, it's further than what I thought he would go.

That's definitely how he saw them. That song confirms it.
Jun 24, 2014 5:02 PM
May 2014
Well i edited my post but i mentioned ep 5 he was just dashing towards the Oda castle destroying everything in his way (including her father), so y'know i doubt he was planning to woo her properly at the start, he was obviously planning on forcing or abducting her

Anyway the lyrics gives plenty to discuss about them, especially if you connect it to Ichis song lol

Its quite sad if you read the first and second songs in order, you almost know that it would end in tragedy
Jun 24, 2014 5:04 PM
Jun 2014
Yeah, the tea ceremony definitely changed Caesar's perception of Ichihime. Hmm, I liked how the choco cake symbolised their relationship bitter yet sweet (I loved how the last supper had choco cakes around Caesar and Ichi). The whole mind break thing just gives me NTR vibes LOL... What are the japanese fans saying about the songs J?
Jun 24, 2014 5:07 PM
May 2014
Why are you always asking me that? i dont go around trolling japanese forums for song translations discussions all day, but from what i see they just say AWWWW its so sad caesar really does love her, i think i already mentioned this before i xlated the song

Japanese fans tend to react the same way as we do, after all everyone watches the same shit a.k.a Mitsu suffering is still made fun of etc etc, if anything, they are more brutal with the Mitsu trolling
jfsJun 24, 2014 5:17 PM
Jun 24, 2014 5:19 PM
Jun 2014
jfs said:
Why are you asking me that? i dont go around trolling japanese forums for song translations discussions all day, but from what i see they just say AWWWW its so sad caesar really does love her, i think i already mentioned this before i xlated the song

Well, you are the japanese translator after all XD. We do appreciate you translating all this stuff for us J. I guess what I meant was Caesar's songs seem to be more straightforward. While Ichi's was more difficult to understand?
Jun 24, 2014 5:29 PM
May 2014
Im not a certified translator, my level is only to the point i still need to use online kanji dictionaries alot, and there will still be plenty of grammar or even meaning errors, so to troll forums all day is kinda hard, i usually only bother to translate stuff that are concrete like these songs and even they take a long time to do, so its not like i can just go to forums and read all the posts in a flash

Though i sometimes troll the forums if im looking for a topic im interested in

Well Ichis song talks about 2 people, while Caesar is pretty straightforward, everyone knows he is talking about Ichi (who else can it be)

While in Ichis song its arguable (i recall having an argument with a mitsufag who acted like a smartass about the meaning of the first song who kept insisting there is no way Ichi will ever end up with caesar) while Caesars is quite obvious, either way for a native japanese speaker, both should be equally obvious though
Jun 24, 2014 5:45 PM
Jun 2014
Still, your translations do keep the discussions alive. He could be talking about Cleopatra LOL JK... I remember that discussion and well I will say I was more on the middle ground since I don't speak or read japanese. I remember there was another guy who was agreeing with you about the song being about two people, but also said the other guy could be right too. I will say that the other guy didn't admit he was wrong after the fact.
Jun 24, 2014 5:48 PM
May 2014
Haha, true, in ep 5 he was destroying everything in an awesome manner. XD That was definitely what Caesar planned.

The lyrics sure do! It's great! LOL

It is so obvious it will end tragically.

Well, we all know that person was wrong. Ichi sure did fall for Caesar. :)
Jun 24, 2014 5:55 PM
May 2014
Well that other guy agreed with me, but was afraid of jumping the gun, but since i was confident and wanted to show the little shit who was boss since he was a twat, i made my point, and when i was proven right, that s/he was nowhere to be found, s/he is a closet Mitsufag living in denial IMO, but who cares, move on, but i think s/he would feel pretty stupid after ep 21 =P

Back to the topic, i browsed Himikos songs and its really... sad, she sounded so cheerful in the first but melancholy in the second, i will post it later, but yeah
Jun 24, 2014 6:20 PM
May 2014
Oh, now here to be found. That says a lot. XD Probably was felling stupid for sure after all of that. XD

Poor girl.
Jun 24, 2014 6:48 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:
Oh, now here to be found. That says a lot. XD Probably was felling stupid for sure after all of that. XD

Poor girl.

Himokos song shows all the more how she was wasted on Nobu, she devoted so much to him, yet he didnt even know she was using up her lifespan and dying, yet so many people still voted for Nobu x Himiko
Jun 24, 2014 7:01 PM
May 2014
That's probably why they vote for Nobu x Himiko. They want him to return her feelings with all she has done for him.
Jun 24, 2014 7:56 PM
May 2014
So how does voting for them actually make Nobu return her feelings now that the show was ended

I mean himiko cant catch a break man.. she wanted to marry him in the afterlife but he reunited with jeanne in the future, he promised to mourn her death properly but he died before he can do it...

Sad to say, himikos unrequited feelings and her lack of chemistry with Nobu was always obvious for a long time
Jun 24, 2014 8:03 PM
May 2014
No idea. XD But that was just my guess. Or they just like them together, idk.

No, Himiko can't. You know talking about dying before he could... da Vinci was suppose to dissect her so other Yamatai queens don't die young and even that wish is left unfulfilled...

Sad indeed.
Jun 24, 2014 8:25 PM
Jun 2014
That's really my main problem with this series. The small unresolved promises. Mitsu instead of burying Ichi's comb used it to stab Nobu. Da Vinci didn't stop the Yamatai problem. Nobu didn't bury Himiko property... Not to mention Excaliber was a useless regalia that was just discarded and forgotten.
Jun 24, 2014 8:27 PM
May 2014
TROLOLOL my translations is apparently being used in a heated Caesar vs Mitsu argument in 4ch board, i wouldnt bother joining in though, dont waste your time

Still himiko is really unlucky, Nobu even forgot his childhood memories because of the barrier thing, or she might have had a chance

BTW can we please add

Arthur x Guinevere

to the poll? i mean guys love for her caused all this shit after all, cant we at least show some respect to his love...

And how about Cesare x Machiavelli?
jfsJun 24, 2014 8:33 PM
Jun 24, 2014 9:20 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
That's really my main problem with this series. The small unresolved promises. Mitsu instead of burying Ichi's comb used it to stab Nobu. Da Vinci didn't stop the Yamatai problem. Nobu didn't bury Himiko property... Not to mention Excaliber was a useless regalia that was just discarded and forgotten.

I know what you mean. Mitsu, Ichi didn't give it to you to do that! Excalibur was supposed to be like one of the oldest and best. It was in all of 2 eps.

Oh, really? They are? LOL Nah, I won't join in. I'm an observer of heated debates not a joiner (gosh, I sound like da Vinci XD :D).

Indeed, if that hadn't happened then perhaps she would've.

LOL, well, as crazy as it was, you got to admit it is kinda sweet he would destroy everything for her...

Cesare x Niccolo... she died from happiness, you know she did/not. XD
NiteBloomingRoseJun 24, 2014 9:24 PM
Jun 24, 2014 9:33 PM
May 2014
Im quite happy that people are actually reading my translations and using it to argue, at least i know i didnt got thru all that crap for nothing, and someone actually reads it

It kinda annoys me that someone on that board accused a poster of being me though, i never post on anonymous boards, arguments are endless (not to mention stupid), but it can be fun to see the general reaction to new episodes

I especially love how someone who insults Ichi or Caesar will get trolled by someone saying 'Mitsu pls', it can be fun to watch

No Arthur and Guinevere was dumb because they never hinted it at all for 23 episodes, in the manga Arthur mentioned her early on though, he spoke inside his mind 'Soon, Guinevere'

I was being sarcastic about arthur and guinevere, i just saw someone on another thread mentioning it, i mean thats whats wrong with this show, they never gave us a hint of arthurs background or motivations until right at the end, it just screams bad writing to me

The show has excellent art and OST, but the writing can be awful
jfsJun 24, 2014 9:37 PM
Jun 24, 2014 9:38 PM
Jun 2014
Some of them are actually putting up a good discussion. Most seem like their just there to troll. I didn't know we were cancer though XD.
Jun 24, 2014 9:46 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
Some of them are actually putting up a good discussion. Most seem like their just there to troll. I didn't know we were cancer though XD.

Well they meant that some people who see our discussions will go over there and start more shipping wars, tbh we 3 were discussing caesar x Ichi for a long time in that ep 21 thread, so we just made a thread we can use to discuss without disrupting others, i didnt realize it would be so public lol

But we 3 are Fanboys/girls, i admit it, we just want to discuss shit in peace, i dont intend to post anywhere else, since this is the only forum where there are subforums where you can create your own threads and actually has a high userbase

BTW does anyone know why my post doesnt seem visible every time i post in 4ch? there is some shit about a ghost post at the bottom

Anyway i will get done with Himikos first song soon

I just hope that not everyone who is using the song lyrics as an argument basis takes it as Word of God, since i modified plenty of sentences since i had no idea what the lines were saying (especially caesars song, the japanese in that song is a fking mess), so they might be arguing their ass off with false info lmao
jfsJun 24, 2014 9:50 PM
Jun 24, 2014 9:55 PM
Jun 2014
Yea, I didn't think people would use our discussions on other boards. I agree I just want to have a simple discussion here mainly about shipping XD, but also other side material from the show too. I have never posted on 4chan so I can't really help you with that.
Jun 24, 2014 10:04 PM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
Yea, I didn't think people would use our discussions on other boards. I agree I just want to have a simple discussion here mainly about shipping XD, but also other side material from the show too. I have never posted on 4chan so I can't really help you with that.

Well i guess there is no point anyway, all the posts are anonymous which is a magnet for trolling

BTW there is someone who PM-ed me asking where to DL the songs, i havent, it should be out later, but so far i only found the lyrics online
Jun 24, 2014 10:19 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
Im quite happy that people are actually reading my translations and using it to argue, at least i know i didnt got thru all that crap for nothing, and someone actually reads it

It kinda annoys me that someone on that board accused a poster of being me though, i never post on anonymous boards, arguments are endless (not to mention stupid), but it can be fun to see the general reaction to new episodes

I especially love how someone who insults Ichi or Caesar will get trolled by someone saying 'Mitsu pls', it can be fun to watch

No Arthur and Guinevere was dumb because they never hinted it at all for 23 episodes, in the manga Arthur mentioned her early on though, he spoke inside his mind 'Soon, Guinevere'

I was being sarcastic about arthur and guinevere, i just saw someone on another thread mentioning it, i mean thats whats wrong with this show, they never gave us a hint of arthurs background or motivations until right at the end, it just screams bad writing to me

The show has excellent art and OST, but the writing can be awful

Someone accused someone of being you? Okay....

I was being sarcastic about Arthur and Guinevere too. It really was dumb. At least the manga has that.

There is a lot of bad writing going on in this.

Bodomschild said:

Haha, we are cancer? LOL

jfs said:

BTW does anyone know why my post doesnt seem visible every time i post in 4ch? there is some shit about a ghost post at the bottom

Yeah, we have been discussing for a while... I kinda forget how public we are. LOL

I have no idea why it doesn't. I went there to see the debate, but couldn't even find it. I can't even navigate the place. XD

Bodomschild said:

Me neither. I had no idea there would be someone who would read through what we post. XD

jfs said:

Well i guess there is no point anyway, all the posts are anonymous which is a magnet for trolling

Anonymous posts = I can't take that place seriously.
Jun 25, 2014 12:25 AM
May 2014
Well Then here is Himikos first song

1) Earnest Love

OK

THAT WAS TOO CRUEL!!!!!

This is the worst and saddest of all the songs, damn you kawamori

That was brutal, even by his standards, especially the last 2 lines, its like she gave up hope in the end...
jfsJun 25, 2014 12:47 AM
Jun 25, 2014 12:50 AM
May 2014
Oh my gosh! That was...

WAY TOO CRUEL!!!!! POOR HIMIKO DOESN'T DESERVE THIS!!!!!

Yeah, it's the worse as Caesar's love was returned, so it's touching. Himiko got nothing. That's just pain.

It does feel like she did and she's dying... Poor girl.
Jun 25, 2014 1:17 AM
Jun 2014
Wait!!! this is supposed to be the cheerful one. I can only imagine how depressing the other one is.
Jun 25, 2014 1:26 AM
May 2014
Whoa, whoa, whoa! I forgot this was the "cheerful" one. Man! How much does kawamori have to make the poor girl suffer? I mean, come on! What did the girl do to deserve this? This kind of suffering is only meant for Mitsu!
Jun 25, 2014 2:09 AM
May 2014
I hate that Nobu didnt even notice she was dying...

Whatever... here goes..

Himiko song 2 : DEDICATE

Well it wasnt that bad i guess, but the obvious reference to cow-tits kind of annoyed me

OK on second reading its just as brutal, especially the part when she eventually said she can only dedicate her body

The last part sounds like her in the last couple of episodes sacrificing her lifespan to repair the planet...

And LOL yeah, this is Mitsu tier suffering
jfsJun 25, 2014 2:16 AM
Jun 25, 2014 3:06 AM
Jun 2014
Well, I have to say Himiko is definitely the most selfless person in this series. A pity it was wasted on Nobu. Seriously I know I'm a little bias, but come on. Himiko deserved better.
Jun 25, 2014 5:24 AM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
Well, I have to say Himiko is definitely the most selfless person in this series. A pity it was wasted on Nobu. Seriously I know I'm a little bias, but come on. Himiko deserved better.

You mind adding Mitsu x Suffering as another couple?

Now that i have finished all 4 chara songs, we can talk about caesars chara song lol, there is plenty of things to take from it, i guess i should start with the first song

Jun 25, 2014 11:11 AM
May 2014
I hate that Nobu didn't notice either... He noticed right away that Caesar wasn't himself, but not Himiko dying?

That is VERY brutal! That reference to Jeanne. Good grief! That poor girl!

Yeah! Talk about Caesar's. His first song, is awesomely villainous! XD

Jun 25, 2014 12:11 PM
May 2014
I was looking at the character list and I guess those 4 girls that serve Himiko are Kitsuno, Kichou, Toku, and Ei and well... Kitsuno was Nobunaga's concubine. Toku and Ei were his daughters. And all I can find on Kichou was that was Nohime's proper name....

So pretty much Himiko came with a retinue of Nobunaga's women/daughters...
Jun 25, 2014 12:16 PM
May 2014
Well i said before we are supposed to contrast the 2 songs, the one before he met her and the one after, but the first song doesnt have much depth to it, its more or less saying the same thing= that he was an ass until he met Ichi, and i meant a real evil guy, it seemed like he had no sense of morality until he met her

And use spoiler for walls of text pls
Jun 25, 2014 1:21 PM
Jun 2014
Yeah, I think that's what surprised me the most about Caesar's songs. I didn't think he was that evil XD. I just thought he wanted to whore around and rule his own territory etc etc... As for the trembling hands part I think it can refer to anytime he could have touched her hand. You never know, but I thought of the same thing you have XD.
Jun 25, 2014 1:31 PM
May 2014
Yeah... Seriously, I didn't think Caesar was that far...

Jun 25, 2014 10:43 PM
Jun 2014
OK, I have to say something that always gets to me when I watch ep 12. In the tea ceremony they have a few shots of the purple umbrella things. Is it just me or does it look like a heart? I always notice this when I watch the episode LOL..
Jun 25, 2014 11:40 PM
May 2014
Wait Mitsu x Suffering and Mitsu forever alone should be a different option..

Jun 26, 2014 12:22 AM
May 2014
Hm, I haven't watched ep 12 that much, so Idk. But in this show I wouldn't be surprised. LOL

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2014

133 by Dobko »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.