Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 22, 2015 12:33 AM

Mar 2015
This is 10/10 on my list. Welcome to my 10/10.

WTF WTF WTF WTF JUST HAPPENED!

SO COOL! THAT PLOT TWIST. SEASON 2 PLEASE!!!! Oh wait season 2 already ended.

Akira can just go die. Die in hell. She should've won and become the LRIG.

OH MY GOD. THIS IS THE BEST AND CRAZY AND WHOAAAAA SURPRISES.

NO FUCKING WAY! I just realized that Iona's plan on why she like Ruu so much was because SHE WANTS TO BATTLE TOGETHER WITH RUU. WHOAAAAAA.
DarklordVorJul 22, 2015 12:41 AM

Aug 1, 2015 6:41 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
I should've picked this series back up from the very beginning it aired!

Going to be watching season 2 very soon. Glad I picked back up on it.
Aug 13, 2015 8:53 PM

Feb 2014
I'm not gonna fight, but I'm fighting...

Overall 6/10
TechOtakuAug 14, 2015 3:59 PM
Sep 4, 2015 8:48 AM

Apr 2014
what the heck bad ending i like it need more.too bad i don't understand gameplay in the end ): 8/10
Sep 9, 2015 2:16 PM

Mar 2014
Is it just me or is that anime really underrated ? 7.44 is not a bad score but for a MAL average score it is bad. This anime answered most if not all of my questions ( Like why those bitches LRIGs don't answer the characters' questions ) and there were a couple nice plot twists. The characters were good for the most part and the story was good. Tama is badass :P. I think i'll give it a well deserved 7/10 for now, but if Iona's wish is unexplained or plain stupid in season 2 i might drop season 1's score to 6 because it would make the last plot twist dumb.
It is true that it could have been better ( Like explaining the game's gamplay a bit ) but it was well over your average anime, a lot of anime with scores in the 7.5-8 aren't as good as that. Even some anime with a score ovef 8 aren't as good as that.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Oct 3, 2015 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Well damn, wasn't expecting a lot of that. Mayu really f-ed things up there, manipulating Tama like that. I think that just proves that Tama could have granted the wish, but Mayu and who(what)ever else is behind the game didn't want the game ended.

I just Iona was a more well developed villain. I swear she was in all of 3 episodes before this last one. Just didn't seem like she had enough screen time to have the ending make as big of an impact. Plus, he obsession with Ruuko kind of came out of nowhere. Before, all she said was Ruuko was the same as her. But now she went full creep-mode. Unless she knew Ruuko before, somehow. (if my theory about Ruuko is right, that could be possible)

Still plenty left to be explained next season. I guess that's why I felt the pace of the series was a little slow, since they were planning for 2 seasons.

I'll go ahead and put down here what my theories are:

1. Ruuko was a Selector in the past, but lost. Her wish was something along the lines of keeping her parents together, but she lost and they ended up separate. Remember Hitoe's mother's lines about Hitoe after she lost her memory? The exact same thing Ruuko remembers her mother saying about her.

2. Tama was Ruuko's friend/sister that won and wished to stay with Ruuko forever, thus why she became Ruuko's LRIG. Based on what Tama said before about Ruuko, I think it could make sense. But the end of this episode sort of throw a wrench into that, since it started to hint that Ruuko's grandmother might be connected to Tama, but I have no idea how.

As for Mayu and Tama and that whole other world, I have no idea. Those dreams Ruuko had a few times earlier this season, with Tama dying and the other world? I have no idea. I guess any hints that the battle world and the real world being connected could be just for artist purposes, but maybe they will do something more with that later on. I don't know.

Rating for this season:

+Psychological elements
+Moe anime girls suffering
+Plenty of plot twist keep things interesting
+/- Similar to Madoka. I loved Madoka, and maybe I shouldn't have been comparing the too constantly, but I couldn't help it.
-Pacing issues: seemed like it a little too slow at some points
+/- Hit or miss characters:
*I liked Ruuko as a main character.
*Yuzuki was alright. But why did they have to make it incest?
*I liked Hitoe at first, but after her memory wipe, she lost something.
*Akari: what a bitch. Moving on...
*Iona: Really wish they would have give her more screen time to develop her as a villain. Some parts with her at the end were just WTF and lacked impact.

Final Rating: 9/10

Can't wait to start watching the next season. I'm really curious to see where this series is going.
Oct 13, 2015 8:12 AM
Nov 2014
Only the first episode was decent for me, the rest was absolutely garbage tier. Goddamn annoying main characters as well, combined that with an awful pacing. 4/10.
Oct 24, 2015 7:51 AM

Aug 2013
I feel like I got ripped off. Ruuko gets her wish...NOPE. I realize there's a second season, but still feel bitter.

6/10

Next stop, episode 13.
Jan 4, 2016 8:51 PM

Aug 2012
That was actually a pretty good episode. No overly obvious explanations this time unlike episode 9. I don't like how Hitoe now seems to have no repercussions from losing the third time but maybe that'll change.
May 28, 2016 6:13 PM

May 2016
I know this post is old but regardless I thought the anime was pretty shitty regardless but the ending was a big middle finger. What should of happened is the main character should of sacrificed herself then all the people got freed and they lived happily ever after. That would of bumped my score to a 7. I hate bad endings with people dying etc but this ending needed it and tbh the only character I lived was Yuzuki and that was it.
Jun 18, 2016 5:45 PM

Apr 2015
That cliffhanger...ugh, I can't wait for the second season for be dubbed any longer! I picked a good time to get into this though, only have a very short time to wait.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 4, 2016 4:52 AM
Apr 2015
SkyKyz said:
Cool episode 7/10 for the series.

I have a feeling that the girl they showed with the pink googles (Chiyori) is Tama incarnated, though probably not.

Wait why is she in the picture for the first season when she didn't even appear?

wasn't chiyori in some other episode? she did want to battle with yuzuki
Sep 24, 2016 11:52 AM

Mar 2015
Had I known it didn't have a conclusive ending, I would've dropped this show much earlier. No way I'm watching another 12 episodes of this trainwreck.
Oct 5, 2016 2:06 PM

May 2016
a_guirre said:
Had I known it didn't have a conclusive ending, I would've dropped this show much earlier. No way I'm watching another 12 episodes of this trainwreck.
there is even another season of this shit coming out soon which blows my mind. I don't understand how they get money for this garbage.
Oct 13, 2016 3:04 AM
Jul 2014
I might be reading too much into one line, but the way that Iona said "my Ru"... it made me wonder if perhaps Iona is actually Ruuko's mother or something. It would certainly explain that phone conversation with Grandma...
Dec 7, 2016 8:39 PM
Nov 2016
This is a spoiler so if you haven't watched it skip this

Well I liked the anime what bothers me is if you make the wish "I want to be poor" or something like that then lose 3 matches by the rules of the game that means your wish would be reversed making you rich not sure if that would happen but other than that I liked the anime it was good
Dec 23, 2016 9:45 PM

Nov 2013
Epic finale.

The battle between Iona and Ruuko was intense. Tama met Mayu and Mayu wanted to convince her, that she wants to protect her. Which is most likely a lie.

Ruuko was ready to become a LRIG, but Tama rejected her. Iona became a LRIG instand.

How the tower was covered in darkness was awesome.

I'm curious what Ulith is up to now that she has a body.

Iona is Ruuko's LRIG now? That would really be interesting.

In any case, I'm thrilled for the continuation.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 31, 2016 9:24 PM

Jan 2015
That was a perfect anime in my book. Gonna add to favorites right near Madoka :3
Ru-chan best character :3 And her grandma is just the bestest,sweetest,kindest grandma ever. Waiting for Ru-chan to come back so they can eat together :3
Jan 9, 2017 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
TAMA YOU HAD ONE JOB
ONE FUCKING JOB
Mar 29, 2017 10:23 AM
Jan 2017
***SPOILER ALERT***** I think that end was kind of bull sh*t. It's like the whole season Tama's like I'll do anything for my trusted friend and selector. very end of the final battle: girl in white room; she might be lying to you
tama: I'll fuck that no good bi**h hard how dare she possibly be lying to me
;-;
Jul 14, 2017 8:36 PM
Sep 2015
Well, that's for Ruko gets for lying to Tama.

And here I thought Iona wanted to go to the white room to beat up that girl in charge. Ah well, my opinion of her plummets here.
Nov 26, 2017 3:45 PM

Oct 2015
I never thought Ruko would lose to Iona to my surprise. But where is Tama? That was very weird ending with unexplained occurrence like what was Iona's wish and what was the condition that was supposed to be met before she becomes that LRIG.

My head is cracking with these questions hopefully season 2 will clarify. Overall this anime was good to watch with twists and turns, I must say I didn't enjoy it at first but I later got interested when Yuzuki won the game.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 11, 2018 10:06 PM

Sep 2013
Ugh....so glad this is over.

4/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 7, 2018 7:22 PM

Jul 2017
holy shit that ending was intense
Feb 8, 2019 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
Is the white haired woman tama's mother?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 17, 2019 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
What the hell! there's a second season? I demand a conclusion now.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 26, 2019 12:45 AM

Apr 2017
Like what others have said, this episode was completely great. Intensity and plot twist level 999, I did not expect Iona's wish is to become the LRIG of Ruuko.
May 10, 2021 1:02 AM
Dec 2018
This anime is better than I expected. Loved every plot twist here, the psychological aspect and the characters are quite likable Now unto the next season! I want more plot revelation.
7/10
Jan 6, 2023 5:50 PM
Jan 2020
I really love the twist
Apr 24, 2023 7:56 AM
Jun 2022
Ruuko kominato best girl
Feb 13, 1:03 AM
Mar 2023
just finished it in a single, and it was...... very strange, had to re-watch the episode to even get it. it was an OK conclusion to a very weird, yet very entertaining season 1!
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

150 by yhagni »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.