Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Feb 17, 2021 7:18 AM
Jan 2021
I love shows that doesn't make you think you're wasting your time, doesn't make you think that you could be doing something more important, doesn't make you think that what you're doing is completely meaningless and you've got nothing to gain from it. Ping pong animation makes every second you spend on it worth it. It's not merely a show, it's an experience. Of which i wouldn't be able to forget. One of the best, if not the best one I've watched. 10/10!
Feb 19, 2021 6:09 PM
Apr 2016
Haven't watched anything this good in a while, it was certainly incredibly enjoyable and for once, easy to binge. Not quite sure why it has the psychology genre, though.

8.5/10
Mar 6, 2021 7:34 AM

Mar 2016
i really enjoyed this show! it was superb :) definitely a favourite <3

Mar 8, 2021 10:15 AM

Mar 2018
I've held off on this show for quite some time as the aesthetic of it turned me off, boy was I wrong to delay this.

Every moment calculated to a tee to provide for a high energy and high emotions show that leaves a lot to digest and introspect on, leaving a lasting impact on it's viewer.

This anime is one of the greats, truly thankful to those who crafted this, allowing me to experience such a moving, introspective, and masterful piece of work.
Apr 2, 2021 5:36 AM

Jan 2020
In the beginning what intrigues me to this show is the art style. I thought it might entertain me for a few episodes but the plot, character development, and other thing really managed to drag me along into its conclusion.

My biggest gripe in this episode is how they skipped the match between Peco and Smile, I thought it deserves to be shown as it is a really important match of this show.

Still, this is an amazing show, I'm glad I picked this show.
May 2, 2021 9:42 AM
Jun 2020
i really loved how it turned out, the animation music and story are all really good. maybe one episode more would have been better to just make the ending feel a bit more enthusiastic but it was still great.

9/10
Jun 16, 2021 2:40 PM

Jun 2019
My 31st completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Jun 23, 2021 6:53 PM

Apr 2018
Beautiful and amazing final episode, Peco vs Smile, one of the best matches ever.
Seems like Peco won in the end, a timeskip happend. Smile ends up as a coach and Peco ends up as a STAR PLAYER! WELL DONE HERO. My opinion on this anime changed a lot in the lasdt three episodes. The OST was the best thing imo. Great anime.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 7, 2021 10:53 AM
Jul 2020
been binging Yuasa's works lately, and I gotta say, ping pong is up there for sure. I love how each character is developed wonderfully. The ending was great. Solid 9/10.
Jul 26, 2021 6:12 AM

Jul 2019
Glad i watched it, great show
Aug 18, 2021 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
It was good I guess

Loved Tatami Galaxy so I was expecting big things, unfortunately I had a lot of problems that held down this experience

Namely that I really only cared for 3 characters every plot thread with anyone else felt like filler (it felt like there were episodes dedicated to shoes and stuff, idk why)

But the tournament arc in the last few episodes was pretty good and I like peco and smile.
7/10 wasn't great but I enjoyed it.
Sep 3, 2021 11:45 AM

Dec 2020
I kept wondering how they were going to wrap things up in one episode and they did it wonderfully. What a final episode.
Dec 6, 2021 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
I'm so happy for everyone, especially wong! Love the flashbacks!

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Dec 21, 2021 2:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Going to miss these characters, and going to miss that ed.

Favorite moment of this episode was when Tsukimoto tells his coach that despite Peco's knee, he won't be showing him any mercy. The coach then smiles, proud that Tsukimoto was going to do what he was unable to many years ago. Fame and recognition were on the coach's mind; not for himself mind you, rather for his opponent, but fame and recognition were at the forefront of his mind nonetheless. Tsukimoto on the other hand, simply goes in to have a match with his best friend, and to have fun.

I like how they didn't make a big deal around who won the final match. They show who won in the picture frame, but that was just for a few fleeting seconds. The main focus was on Tsukimoto having a match with Peco, and the two of them truly having fun.

I like how pretty much every character had an equally significant story to tell. But of course beach dude's story is the best, obviously.

8/10. This show doesn't slap- it chops.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 22, 2021 2:13 AM

Aug 2019
Oh god...it is so good...loved it...best sports anime for me...loved to see smile finally laughing....kong also got back....gonna miss this show...
Dec 22, 2021 11:21 AM

Dec 2021
If this had a more "standard" art-style (and i hate to say this because i actually loved it that way) i'm 100% sure it would have become the new Slam Dunk. I was left speechless at the end of episode 10 and somehow they were able to topple that. 10/10
Jan 8, 2022 12:24 PM

Aug 2008
I can't give it a perfect rating to be honest. It wasn't until the Christmas ep (episode 6?) that the anime really took off for me. That previous ep of Peco vs Wenge was a low point the animation just felt repetitive and nothing was clicking. Everything changed with the characters for me after that midpoint ep though and became fantastic. Think will have to settle for a score of 8, eps 1-5 get a 6/10, 6-11 a 9/10, not sure if the second half makes up for a mediocre first.
Feb 2, 2022 5:52 AM

Jan 2021
Damn it. I loved this so much.
I am so happy Smile started expressing his emotions more clearly now.
A life changing match between friends.

10/10, here comes my another favourite anime!!!
Feb 24, 2022 4:55 PM
Jul 2018
Time to add to the top favs, what a satisfying ending. Exciting, entertaining, characters have closure. Felt like a completed story with nothing missing or dragged out. OST is perfect. So happy for Peco! :D

Didn't expect to get this attached to the characters but wow. They were well developed and came across as natural as real people.

Well, checking this one off the list but I'll definitely re-watch it again.
Mar 23, 2022 10:11 AM
Nov 2020
easily one of the best anime i have seen at this length, though i am kind of confused about how the ending matches their characters, was tsukimoto just playing to help hoshino realize his talent? i liked demon's and china's endings but poor kazama. 9/10
Mar 23, 2022 6:12 PM

Dec 2021
such a good show, the characters are amazing, incredible directing, does everything it sets out to do perfectly. 10/10
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Apr 2, 2022 2:46 PM

Aug 2014
After watching Ping Pong The Animation, there is nothing else that I can add that hasnt already been said. Its a great anime and it deserves its praise.
Apr 8, 2022 1:58 AM
Aug 2021
Holy crap the match was so well-animated!
I really wanted to see the ending of the match. I wasn't expecting a timeskip in between. But as Tamura said, it didn't really matter who won the match. Peco made Smile believe that he's made of flesh and blood and is not emotionless, like a robot. I loved the scene with all the fleshed out characters in this anime as kids. Smile being a tt coach and not trying to be star player is quite fitting.
Overall a great series with satisfying character development (especially for Peco, Tsukimoto and Sakuma in my opinion) and the artstyle is the aspect that made me check out this anime. 9/10
Jun 20, 2022 7:38 PM

Dec 2021
this show gets better every time I watch it

will favorite be in my top 10

I been going thru some things IRL and this is always the show I turn back too ...

never run away , face you fears , unleash your talents , hard work + discipline , the power of teammates
Jul 17, 2022 2:53 AM

Dec 2010
It's a real shame Smile quit Table Tennis, but that's just how things go for people in sports sometimes, even for those really talented at them.

I'm glad that Peco avoided the permanent injury, reminds me of something I've read from a Kendo sensei - if you really put all of your being into the sport you could (un)naturally avoid illnesses and injuries. Peco sure manages to inspire even me in a meta way, haha.

Long-hair guy is now in the national team? That's inspirational in its own way too.

But probably most of all, I'm happy about Wenge's return to fame in his new-found home. Yet again a side character steals the show for me.
Aug 24, 2022 4:35 AM

Jun 2020
All I could say is: yes, it was worth making my homework late. Well, this was a fucking amazing show. Beautifully written, unique animation, great characters, good pacing. I kind of wish they didn't go with the time-skip during final match thing every sports anime does, but I could forgive it.

If the OST was more towards my taste, and if some very very minor flaws were fixed, this would be a 10/10.

See you.

9.4/10.

Oct 16, 2022 11:58 PM

Oct 2021
Probably one of the best sports anime I've ever seen, really happy for kong wenge. 10/10
Nov 1, 2022 10:07 AM
Oct 2018
awesome. really hype
Nov 4, 2022 4:09 PM
Apr 2018
Some of the best directing I've ever seen in Anime, if not the best(for this episode alone).
Dec 23, 2022 1:52 AM

Mar 2020
Hero's theme is a certified hood classic 
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jan 2, 2023 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
For the end, for the final match... THEY HAVEN'T EVEN ANIMATED IT. We just get a time skip, can't really say mid but for sure overhyped show

Jan 14, 2023 11:25 AM

Oct 2018
The episode was extremely dense, similar to Yuasa's early works. Love how the match was shown with black and white while the flashback scenes were colored. Finishing the show, the strongest aspect about this anime for me are the characters, and this is something that I never find usually. Kensuke Ushio's score creates moments of unadulterated hype. The time skip to give a closure to the characters was really heartwarming.

Etherius_ZSJan 14, 2023 11:28 AM
Jan 23, 2023 6:23 PM

Dec 2022
Just... Wow this was a great episode, especially as a finale one in fact.

moreover i genuinely enjoyed every episode this offered to me and i'm definitely gonna miss this gem ;-;

Jan 29, 2023 2:38 PM
Apr 2019
The story singlehandedly held up this anime the same way Peco singlehandedly held up Smile, Kazuma and everyone. Of course no one like Peco exists irl to save everyone, but I'm sure everyone has their Peco or will one day meet them... When that doesn't happen well... They're probably someone else's Peco :)
9/10
Jan 29, 2023 2:41 PM
Apr 2019
The fact that Smile whose parents divorced and probably felt like he couldn't rely on adults anymore found Peko and believed he's a hero who can save him in bad situations, and the fact that Peko accepted and became the hero for Smile's happiness... I'm cry
Feb 10, 2023 2:11 AM

Jul 2014
Actually this anime was out of my expectation. Shows great character development and its not all about ending up being the best but its about devoting your life to what makes you happy

was a good watch 

8/10

Feb 27, 2023 11:24 AM
Dec 2017
Perfection in every possible way
Mar 15, 2023 5:33 AM
Feb 2019
I like that ost near in the end
9/10 for whole show
Mar 16, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2020
At least we get a time-skip to give closure.

Overall, 7 or 8/10. A great watch. 
Sep 7, 2023 10:17 AM
Sep 2019
That was such a powerful ending. The way Tsukimoto has opened his humanity and started enjoying ping pong and life overall was incredibly emotional for me. Really special anime.
Sep 26, 2023 9:17 PM

Mar 2022
seriously SO excellent!
..A perfect ending

春雨や ものがたりゆく 蓑と傘
Sep 27, 2023 9:18 AM
Sep 2018
The hero appears!

10 years from now I will come back to rewatch this masterpiece!
Oct 28, 2023 9:12 AM

Dec 2022
Getting the hunch that the characters were conceptualised by pulling random minor onlooker characters from other anime and granting them more important roles here. They're all cut from the same cloth, being somewhat cocky and prideful people who are prone to sudden whimsical daydreaming, even if their position normally conflicts with that sort of attitude. Naturally, this makes this anime extremely repetitive, as if all these characters collectively represent nothing more than the musings of the creator.

Also, this anime is hideous visually. The choppy animation and grotesque characters that contort themselves like they're made of rubber take you out of any scenes intended to be awesome or emotionally evocative.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 18, 3:22 PM
Jan 2024
the best anime ive see on my life, the caracters of this show and the philosophy message is amazing
Feb 9, 1:12 AM
Jan 2013
god damn this shit still slaps after 10 years. I got so much more out of it this second watch.
Feb 18, 3:13 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to Sad
rockmandude said:
Sad said:

did you even watch the show? he didn't let him win, he targeted his knee and still lost. letting him win would go entirely against what the show was always building towards...

it seems like you didn't watch the show, smile would've easily won if he targeted his knee but he decided to lose on purpose and let peco fulfill his dream just like butterfly jo did in the past. if you didn't get that you should really pay more attention

episode 11 - 08:35 onwards "Deep to the forehand, then switch to the backhand side.." and then he actually goes through with it whilst joe looks on in shock. Peco then returns the backhand and goes on to win the point anyway.

live in ignorance, and also on my blocked list. cheerio
@Sad Maybe we don't know for sure but we could definetely tell that smile never wanted to give his all in the first place. Also peco still beat that really buff dude with his right leg. It can be seen in different ways tbh as with most media. I like to think of it as peco won himself cuz like maybe butterfly joe also lost a fair fight and he was just using it as an excuse we don't know. But we do know that despite him injuries peco still annihlated alot of the players. My point being that peco may still have won in even if smile did'nt go easy.
Apr 20, 5:01 AM
Oct 2022
obra maestra, solo eso se es capaz de decir
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

164 by EngelsGreyrat »»
Apr 20, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

voidbreaker - Dec 7, 2015

7 by peterross »»
Mar 15, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

160 by Chfenj_ »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

133 by Chfenj_ »»
Sep 20, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

140 by SHS13 »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.