Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2009 8:59 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everyone helping Kuzuha run after Hibiki was sweet.

Mar 29, 2010 9:21 PM

Feb 2010
good ep! So, was Obachan really a man in disguise?? hmmmmm...

Alicia3000 said:

Everyone helping Kuzuha run after Hibiki was sweet.

agreed. I liked this ending... cuz Kuzuha is jailbait right now. When Hibiki comes back in a few years... things will be legal ;)
Aug 26, 2010 11:52 AM

Jul 2009
Omg this is the first time i such a bitch, that vice-principle is..
Sep 26, 2010 12:00 PM

Mar 2009
HM,, good story with decent ending but still i wanted to see when he came back
how the things would have turned out to be
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Sep 21, 2012 8:18 AM

Aug 2012
Aww the ending is so sweet, it made me tear up! :')
Pudding! Puuuudding!! ~ Kero-Chan
Sep 24, 2012 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
Overall, it was alright but very predictable. Also, shitty ending and the overall theme of the series is kinda creepy in a way.

5/10.
Jun 23, 2013 1:44 AM

Aug 2011
that was a very heartwarming series, a shame though that it never felt truly finished... and since there was no adaptation of a manga or novel and also no sequel or OVA to be had, this ending shall always seem incomplete. I can't say i didn't enjoy this series however the feelings of everyone involved was quite a spectacular thing to watch, and i really despise that vice-principal....
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Nov 10, 2013 3:31 AM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:
Overall, it was alright but very predictable. Also, shitty ending and the overall theme of the series is kinda creepy in a way.

5/10.

Lmao an anime doesn't need to be unpredictable to be good. Shitty ending? Do you even understand the show? -.- Lol how is the theme creeping you out -.- Crossdress? Lmao.

Really good show, but the score is so low, because people don't know how to enjoy a good anime. An anime doesn't need to be complex to be good, doesn't need to be unpredictable, doesn't need to be super awesome, a simple one would be enough, enough to give you feels, enough to give you inspiration, enough to make you think twice, and etc..

Really good anime but the ending was a little lackluster (fine enough as it is but I wanted to see senseixkuzuha), and there won't be a sequel so I'll be giving this 7/10 instead of my original scoring of 8/10.

MusashiRose said:
good ep! So, was Obachan really a man in disguise?? hmmmmm...

Yes. It's an ojii-san all along, no wonder he was so open and had all those clothes and make up XD
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 27, 2013 4:30 PM

Mar 2012
wait what? I thought obachan was principal's mother. you know, purple hair and purple hair. I really wish they'd show hibiki go to different schools, learn and return. or at least an epilogue. nevertheless, I liked the show, but not incomplete endings. rather than the chasing scene, I would have preferred a short 5 minute epilogue
Dec 11, 2013 11:14 PM

May 2013
This was a good series. There should be an episode to see how Hibiki is doing.
Jul 24, 2014 1:39 AM

Aug 2013
"The one who abandoned you and left the school." Wait what? The old lady is actually and old man and was friends (or maybe had a thing) with the principal? I mean why would he/she watch over her if he didn't care?

So I guess what happens with Kuzuha and Hibiki is up to us to imagine. An epilogue would have been nice :( I still enjoyed it though and actually cared about the mains.

7/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 28, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
7/10.
Very good series, as I said in other thread - I'm glad that I found this anime.
Ending song is great.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 24, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2012
Okay. So, I have very mixed thoughts about this show. The comedy was well done and I liked the influence of the MC to the school...but.

The love polygon. Oh my god. Everything went down since episode 10's big confession event.

Me in episode 1:
mayukachan said:
This is pretty decent so far although Fuko is unlikable and her clumsiness is disgusting to watch. I hope there isn't teacher x student romance. God no. Just put the other cute boy with Fuko and I'll be okay with that.

Another thing that's bugging me is how sexist the show is, portraying females to be such weak teachers at the same time presenting females to be such uptight feminists and abusive people to males. Hopefully, this will go away sometime later.

...And I was right! The teacher-student relationship was so fucking cringeworthy. Ohmigod. If you're going to throw in illicit relationships, do it better instead of having all the shoujo doki dokis "Omg my heart is beating so fast...Do I like...sensei?!!?!?!" I'm fucking done.

Fuko is so goddamn stupid. I can't believe I'm saying this but both Fuko and Nagisa from Clannad are much better than this bitch. Nagisa is pretty much a clone of Fuko but she's more sickly but even she's much better written. Even majority of shoujo heroines are better written.

The entire show was still sexist in double standards to the point where I wanted all the females to just shut the fuck up. All of them act like they're pure and all the men are scum. I can't believe there's transphobia and homophobia in this show along with pro-feminism. Calling two guys in love disgusting (see the episode with the marriage interview) and kicking a teacher out because they crossdressed is just so vulgar to me. I'm not even one of those tumblr SJWs but it pissed me off.

'Kay so it sounds like I hate this show, but I don't. It was pretty good when it wasn't being downright stupid and sexist. I liked how the MC changed things around the school (the gym wear, equal rights for both guys and girls) but there was no character development for the antagonists (principal and that blonde bitch who tried to prove that MC was a guy most of the time). I wish they would have at least realized how fucking rude they acted most of the time in this show.

tl;dr cut out the shitty romance and overdone feminism/anarchism and this show would be 7+/10
but no, so i'm either giving it a 5 or 6, leaning on the latter
Dec 16, 2014 11:50 AM

Nov 2013
Good ending. And I love, how Fukae stroke the Vicebitch. She finally got, what she deserved.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 26, 2015 2:14 AM

Nov 2014
I really, really, enjoyed this entire series. there were some moments that just made my heart break. moments where I cried. moments where, I was angry, hated certain things. certain people.

I love Fuko x hibiki. both female and male versions. this series is amazing. I don't understand how people that have watched it , give it such negative reviews.

i'd recommend this to ANYBODY.

now i'd like to thank Akira-kun, for bulldozing that damn bitch, right where she belonged. on her ass in a corner. stay there. you're not fit for the school, with your negative outlook on men. Yes, women are beautiful, loving creatures.
But ya know what? men can and are that way too.

And yes there are both from either gender. that are scum, evil, disgusting.
some, not all.

Tell a guy he can't teach in a mixed gender school, he will become a woman, to get in and teach you, that he can have heart. and be better than ANY female teacher/ principal/vice. It sometimes takes a man to do a woman's job. and the same can be said the for a woman doing a man's job. this is equality for both sexes. some feminists would have you believe this load of elephant shit that this school teaches. if you believe that, then perhaps, you'd like to buy this cloud insurance I have?

men have hearts. look at akira. he was so bloody fucking in love with fuko, And he let her go, because she loved someone else. that is heart. that is love.

if someone tells you, that you can't do this or that because of your gender or another reason, prove them wrong. stand up for what you believe in, follow your dreams, your heart. And never, give up!
LadyDisraeliJan 26, 2015 2:36 AM
Jan 26, 2015 2:18 AM

Aug 2014
xchee said:
"The one who abandoned you and left the school." Wait what? The old lady is actually and old man and was friends (or maybe had a thing) with the principal?
So it seems! And that in turns suggests that something happened beyond his control that compelled him to leave her and the school and take on a new identity to stay close to the situation...hrrrm.

I spent like 20 seconds going "Meeehhhhhh..." after the ep ended. Unsatisfying ending, like a "you did fine but didn't nail it" ending in a visual novel or a game like FFX2. Seriously considering starting an RP account of Hibiki and bringing out some ideas that probably just didn't occur to the writer/s or that they didn't dare touch on, like I mentioned in one or two other ep threads.

I probably have to file this one under the "writer/s were too weenie to knock down what they set up" heading I started after finishing Love Hina. Not quite as bad, tho, since they didn't actually say no this isn't happening; they just left it dangling like a........on second thought, let's not finish that analogy. XD
DuneflowerJan 26, 2015 2:28 AM
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Jan 20, 2016 8:51 AM

Jun 2013
Yeah it's really hard to believe that this show has so low score, but then again 7 usually means that the person enjoyed watching the show, so it's not as bad and because it's so short and doesn't have any extra material, I think it's only natural that it gets a little lower score than it should.

To me it was so sweet and heart braking to watch Fuko and Hibiki fall in love, and grandma was badass.
May 20, 2016 5:35 AM

Jul 2013
Clearly an under-rated anime. This has to be one of the best anime ever created
Oct 21, 2016 12:07 AM
Sep 2013
i was planning on watching this anime in my anime in my free time. It'd been in my "plan to watch " for 2 years. Now after watching it im really mad at myself for not watching it before. But the ending is somewhat unsatisfactory. Overall really loved the show. one of my favorites.
Apr 24, 2017 6:52 PM
Feb 2017
I really enjoyed this show. while I do wish we got to see a bit of the aftermath, it ended on what I would consider a good note. A solid 8/10.

To be fair, I'm always very lenient with my scores, but this show truly deserves it rather high rating. I just wish that the subtitles were a bit better, and that it wasn't so cringe worthy at times.
I honestly don't know anymore.
Jun 7, 2017 2:31 PM
Jan 2017
Logical ending but heart dont accept that but i like this series 10/10
May 24, 2019 3:56 AM
May 2019
im late to the show, just finished it and 3 days later im still emotional wreck after the last episode, i really wish this had a full OVA or is given a second chance, i think with the current climate of gender discussion and the rise of streaming services it would do extremely well

the whole season is a roller coaster of emotion,

you can see that hibiki struggles with their gender identity all the way through the season, at first taking on the mentor role, then a motherly role and finally lover, the statement that hibiki was going away to figure themselves out is a massive trans precursor for trans story line, the fact that they admit to enjoying time with the girls and feminine past times. i think the undercurrent from bachan shows that as a trans woman herself she could see it in hibiki.

overall it has so far been one of my favorite animes along with Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (The Maidens Are Falling in Love with Me) mainly because of the very well written gender understanding and friendship along with character development 9/10
Jul 28, 2020 8:34 AM

Apr 2018
That was a silly anime
Sep 27, 2020 12:54 AM

Jul 2013
what an interesting anime. A little bit strange at times but well written overall
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 4, 2021 11:43 AM
Jan 2017
This anime sucks. Lots of illogical shit. The person who wrote this is just stupid. Cant believe I actually tried and hoped for thale anime to be better.
Apr 26, 2022 10:23 PM

Aug 2014
Its a forgettable anime.  Its episodic nature made it difficult to watch.  Anime should have been 10 episodes instead of 13 episodes.

The anime did start to get more interesting in the final 5 episodes when the romance started to take itself serious, but not enough to save the anime.

I did like fanservice in this anime. All the girls were made thicc and shiny, so no complaints there.

I had some laughs here and there, mainly with the two comedy characters that lived in the apartment complex with the male MC

Fujio was a cutie. I really wanted her to win in the romance department with Fukae, but sadly, he rejected her (what an idiot Fukae is)

Overall, a forgettable anime.
oooo3333May 7, 2023 12:38 PM
Jun 29, 2022 10:49 AM

May 2007
So, are we all just going to ignore the big pedophilia thing?

Truth be told if Hibiki did not fall in love with Fuko this show would be a lot better, but man, the teacher, falling for the student thing really ruined the show.

I feel kind of grimy giving it a 5/10, without the pedo stuff it would be a high 7 or low 8.
My anime list
Dec 5, 2022 11:50 PM

Aug 2018
A fine show. I know a lot of people think it's is bad score but 6/10 = Literally "fine" by MAL standards. I actually expected I'd end up dropping it but it kept me entertained for it's duration which is more than could be said of most anime. it's definitely not something I'd re-watch or recommend to anyone for obvious reasons... unless they came up to me asking for a crossdressing anime and then I could point them to the only one I've ever seen.
Jan 3, 2023 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
Okay I teared up..I was glad they didn’t go the route of them ending up together. This last episode tied together nicely and i thought it was sweet with the students all banning together running after him, but i also felt his decision that it was best to leave was a good one.  

Kuroisant said:
and grandma was badass.
Lol yesss!!
🌙

I wish you an ounce of luck
Jul 2, 2023 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
very bittersweet lol and tis was an original anime too im gonna miss this anime lol and I wished I watched it sooner ive had it on hold since 2019
people saying its clique name an anime withe same plot exactly lol
anyways also did not except the anime to make me feel this I expected funny echo co edy and got feels instead
Jul 12, 2023 12:59 PM

Aug 2021
i guess that was the best possible ending lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » I My Me! Strawberry Eggs Episode 12 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Sep 30, 2009

13 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:26 AM

Poll: » I My Me! Strawberry Eggs Episode 11 Discussion

12 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 9, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » I My Me! Strawberry Eggs Episode 10 Discussion

12 by elgatosaika »»
Jul 6, 2023 8:43 AM

Poll: » I My Me! Strawberry Eggs Episode 9 Discussion

8 by removed-user »»
Jul 2, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » I My Me! Strawberry Eggs Episode 8 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Sep 1, 2009

7 by removed-user »»
Jul 2, 2023 4:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.