Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 10, 2014 4:41 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah, i know Touma is a good guy and he really loves Futaba buuuuuuut
Kou, .... i know he was so dumb with narumi's situation but but but
Futaba is just with Touma because yes lol because she this he's good and he deserves be loved(?)
I really wanna see how they break up (because is necessary xD)
Jul 10, 2014 8:07 PM

Mar 2012
jose21 said:
Kiarika said:
I don`t really understand when you say that he did not get Futaba in a honest way. He didn`t forced her, and even waited (a little) for her to clarify her mind. He offered her an ``escape route`` of ``her feelings for Kou``.

I rest my case, I guess I don't have to put anything, you did it for me.
Also, forceful part is up to debate, but if you read it carefully it all started from Touma watching Kou and Futaba, him getting jealous and eager to make a move before Kou, thus he didn't wait any more. Besides IMO the way he did it was a bit pushy, he basically answered himself, and Futaba just went with the flow.

But isn`t Futaba`s fault for going with the flow? I mean, aren`t both of them abusing the situation eachother are put in?

jose21 said:
Kiarika said:

As I said, he did not forced his feelings, he offered them. Futaba was the one that wanted to forget Kou and tough something like ``I can start like this guy and then I can forget about Kou``.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound good at all to me. I mean, I know the girl is looking for a escape route and want to forget the other guy, so I just happen to offer my feelings in that instant, but that is not taking advantage of the situation; I am a good guy, she is evil for taking advantage of the feelings I am offering her.

I never said he wasn`t taking advantage of her situation (he himself said so?). The thing is, that does not make him dishonest. No, what I (tried) to ment is, that is not exactly a bad thing. Both Futaba and Touma are trying to do the best for themselfs and what they believe is the best for the other one too. Can we really condem it?

jose21 said:
Kiarika said:

I get a feeling that you get Touma as such a bad guy. I don`t get why Kou`s fangirls tend on doing so, for me both of them are great for Futaba and it only depends on her feelings.

Bad guy, not really, just annoying as hell. Just like Suzaku in Code Geass, the guy is good, but annoying as hell.
And yeah it all depends on Futaba, which is what Kou has been saying all along including this chapter, but does Touma thinks that way, well the way he is acting says all the contrary.

Yeah, I get the Suzaku feeling. Well, I`m not really sure about Touma`s mind but for me it just seems like he does not want to lose her + he think Kou is not being serious about her.

jose21 said:
Kiarika said:

And also being jealous about your girlfriend hanging out with the guy she liked (and who hurt her) and that keep flirting with her in front of him sometimes is perfectly normal O.o.

I haven't seem that at all.
First time his jealousy showed up was before they were a couple, and that was the trigger for him not wanting to wait any longer for her feelings to change (IMO asshole move of his part).
Second time, was cause of those guys who thought Futaba was Kou's girlfriend (Kou wasn't flirting with her, wasn't there at all).
Third time, Kou helping her to get to her date with Touma (Kou must have a really weird way to flirt with her).
Fourth time, Futaba going voluntary with Kou as a representative of all Kou's friends. (well, is it really Kou's fault?..... she went with him on her own, and wasn't in front of him either. He should get mad at her and ask for her true feelings. I would do that, unless he fears her answer.
Fifth time, Kou helping her and getting her bag back. what was Kou supposed to do. Abandon her where she was and just wait for Touma to find her (I wouldn't call that flirting either).

In the first time I see it as perfectly normal. He wants her to be with him, apart from it I think he thinks its better for her not to be with Kou (from at what he knows about Kou at that moment).
Also think that in the second time its still perfectly normal. He got sad that people tought that, and wouldn`t you? Mainly when you are insecure about your relashionship?
In the third time Kou did not helped her. He tricked her into the room and THEM he helped both of them. Futaba wasn`t even supossed to be there in first place so he just made up for his mess. And Touma did not seemed to mind this, actually.
In the fouth and fifth time I don`t see him as jealous, just insecure.

Oh, and the flirting

jose21 said:

Kiarika said:

This way I may sound like I`m on Toumas`s team (and even tough he`s such a cutiepie <3) and I`m not! Is just that most of you guys take Touma for an asshole that he`s not D: (and tend to ignore Kou`s fault).

Sure, I understand Kou is at fault, but that kind of argument, is more of an angry girl trying to get back at her boyfriend.

Do I really sound like it? D:
I`m really sorry if sounded rude. That`s not what I wanted.
I just wanted to defend Touma a little bit.

manganimelover1 said:

Kou's fans says that Touma is a bad guy and Kou did nothing wrong??? That's not right, most of readers who likes Kou including me, says that Kou did some mistakes but he is not a bad guy. On the opposite, most of Touma fans and even some of Kou's fans (maybe not in this site but in other sites) says that Touma is the perfect guy, though he is not any better than Kou. Both of the guys has their flaws, both of them are not perfect. What Touma did was not right but it doesn't make him a bad guy or anything and what Kou did was not right either but it doesn't make him a bad guy either.

As I said, for me it looks like they tend to ignore Kou`s mistakes.
But as I`m only aware of the MAL part of the fandom I`m probably wrong.
And that`s exactly what I meant! Both of them made bad decisions, and that is okay. Touma is not a demon nor and angel, neither is Kou. That`s what I like about Aoharaido.
Jul 10, 2014 10:33 PM

Nov 2012
Kiarika said:

But isn`t Futaba`s fault for going with the flow? I mean, aren`t both of them abusing the situation eachother are put in?

As I said before, that's up to debate and how each one of us interpreted the situation. In my case, I think she was force, I mean, he didn't really let her answer without any influence at that time, right before she said anything, he reinforced that the answer he wanted was yes. At that time she was vulnerable and he took advantage of that, can't you really blame Futaba for trying to please him. Also, IMO I don't really feel that Futaba is using him to forget about Kou, is more like she feels sorry for him and she is trying her best to please him (I don't even feel that she trying to be happy, but rather she is only looking for his happiness)

Kiarika said:

I never said he wasn`t taking advantage of her situation (he himself said so?). The thing is, that does not make him dishonest. No, what I (tried) to ment is, that is not exactly a bad thing. Both Futaba and Touma are trying to do the best for themselfs and what they believe is the best for the other one too. Can we really condem it?

I see you mean business. But seriously, at least the way I see it, in this situation him talking advantage when she is vulnerable, is not an honest act. But then, him recognizing himself that he is taking advantage of the situation, I guess is honest.

Kiarika said:

Yeah, I get the Suzaku feeling. Well, I`m not really sure about Touma`s mind but for me it just seems like he does not want to lose her + he think Kou is not being serious about her.

I get he might think Kou is not serious about futaba, but how does he know that he is right. What gives Touma the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Kou might argue as well that Touma is not serious about Futaba with the events on this chapter. Is he doing that?... he couldn't care less, he is well aware that Futaba is the one that will decide.

Kiarika said:

In the first time I see it as perfectly normal. He wants her to be with him, apart from it I think he thinks its better for her not to be with Kou (from at what he knows about Kou at that moment).

Once again, What gives Touma the right to be judge, jury and executioner.

Kiarika said:
Also think that in the second time its still perfectly normal. He got sad that people tought that, and wouldn`t you? Mainly when you are insecure about your relationship?

I would laugh. However, if I weren't sure about her feelings for me, sure it wouldn't be so funny, but why would I even date her (Am I that desperate..... NTR fetish maybe.....)

Kiarika said:
In the third time Kou did not helped her. He tricked her into the room and THEM he helped both of them. Futaba wasn`t even supossed to be there in first place so he just made up for his mess. And Touma did not seemed to mind this, actually.

Well, I think he did mind cause the day after that he confronted Kou, and Kou came up with the "So you are not confident" remark.

Kiarika said:

Oh, and the flirting

IMO, Not sure that is flirting, more like then longing to be together, and would actually make me feel like an asshole knowing I am keeping then apart, but since I also love her, and I know I am better for her, is alright (sarcasm).

Kiarika said:

Nooooo, why would you write that........Now, I feel like an asshole cause I might the one being a bit rude.
Anyway, All I am trying to say is that he is not better than Kou, and that I would hate if he is seemed as a martyr, the victim who got hurt at the end.
jose21Jul 10, 2014 10:58 PM
Jul 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Mar 2012
jose21 said:
Kiarika said:

As I said before, that's up to debate and how each one of us interpreted the situation. In my case, I think she was force, I mean, he didn't really let her answer without any influence at that time, right before she said anything, he reinforced that the answer he wanted was yes. At that time she was vulnerable and he took advantage of that, can't you really blame Futaba for trying to please him. Also, IMO I don't really feel that Futaba is using him to forget about Kou, is more like she feels sorry for him and she is trying her best to please him (I don't even feel that she trying to be happy, but rather she is only looking for his happiness)

As you said, it`s up to our own interpretations.
Well, yes, he was trying to convince her to date him. But I don`t think Futaba was trying to please him. Before answering him she even tough ``If I`m with him, my feelings for Kou may disappear faster.``
Well, while I think that maybe she does feel sorry for him I don`t think she is trying to only please him (wouldn`t she avoid Kou if that was the case?). I think she is, actually, happy. Well, that`s how it looks to me.

jose21 said:
Kiarika said:

I get he might think Kou is not serious about futaba, but how does he know that he is right. What gives Touma the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Kou might argue as well that Touma is not serious about Futaba with the events on this chapter. Is he doing that?... he couldn't care less, he is well aware that Futaba is the one that will decide.

Well, it`s normal to judge. I mean, don`t we all do it everytime? It`s not something I like in Touma, but it is understandable.

jose21 said:
Kiarika said:

Once again, What gives Touma the right to be judge, jury and executioner.

Well, I think its perfectly normal to do so. He has formed his own opinion about and he is acting according to it. Most of the people do the same thing, I think it`s actually pretty hard to not judge someone by its actions.

jose21 said:
Kiarika said:
Also think that in the second time its still perfectly normal. He got sad that people tought that, and wouldn`t you? Mainly when you are insecure about your relationship?

I would laugh. However, if I weren't sure about her feelings for me, sure it wouldn't be so funny, but why would I even date her (Am I that desperate..... NTR fetish maybe.....)

Well, he sounds that desperate. xD

jose21 said:
Kiarika said:

Well, I think he did mind cause the day after that he confronted Kou, and Kou came up with the "So you are not confident" remark.

Oh, I forgot that. Anyway, childish but perfectly understandable.

jose21 said:
Kiarika said:

Oh, and the flirting

IMO, Not sure that is flirting, more like then longing to be together, and would actually make me feel like an asshole knowing I am keeping then apart, but since I also love her, and I know I am better for her, is alright (sarcasm).

I know you ment it by sarcasm but for me it actually made some sense? And not only that, Futaba seems to be agreeing (at his point of view) with that.

jose21 said:
Kiarika said:

Nooooo, why would you write that........Now, I feel like an asshole cause I might the one being a bit rude.
Anyway, All I am trying to say is that he is not better than Kou, and that I would hate if he is seemed as a martyr, the victim who got hurt at the end.

Don`t feel like that! D:
We`re only having an healthy discussion.
Well, he put himselff in that situation. I think he probably knew from the start he would not get her but he needed to try, I guess. But no, Touma is no martyr, he did it to himself.
Jul 13, 2014 4:08 AM
Jun 2013
chaisu said:
I liked Touma at first but I was always rooting for Kou. Touma isn't right for her, just kinda seems like he views everything as more of a competition between him and Kou now in my opinion.

That is shoooo true!!!! Okay, I must admit, in the beginning I was a little bit, "In your face Kou! Should have been faster than him buuut... You rip what you sow! Oooor you should have just gone out with her when she confessed.... Now suffer in silence!! :P " BUUUUUUUT! Touma has started irritating me sooooo much!!! Thinks he's in his own little paradise, just because Futaba chose him (in a way) , thinks she'll never change her mind AAAAAAAAND! He is now also underestimating Kou!!!
Jul 15, 2014 7:32 PM
Jul 2013
CAN SOMETHING PLEASE HAPPEN IN THE CHAPTER ITS KILLING ME A LOT! Kou needs to say something and get her back!!
Feb 2, 2015 1:59 PM

Mar 2014
Forgive the lengthiness of my thoughts.

Kō's really got it wrong, here. I can't quite grasp his thinking on the whole 'the strap means nothing' thing. Yeah, it's just an object (to him), and Tōma himself tried to make Futaba feel better by saying that they could just buy a new one, but it still means something. It's similar to the strap that Yūri gave Futaba early on in the manga; that one represented their friendship. Taking inspiration from that, Futaba decided to get straps with her friends and with her boyfriend. To anyone else, it's just a thing, but to Futaba (and clearly to Tōma, who seemed truly moved when he saw it) it represents something.

Kō doesn't understand it. And how could he? He's never been anyone's boyfriend (as far as we know). For some reason, a lot of people in these forums seem to think that Tōma 'stole' Futaba from Kō, but he didn't. Sure, our MCs kissed, but they weren't in a relationship; they never even went on a date. Really, Kō is acting very, very childishly, and this is rubbing off on Tōma, unfortunately. He knows that this guy (who seems to be a bit of player, from Tōma's perspective) wants to, effectively, steal his girlfriend, so he'll fight for her, but he won't - as far as it seems to me - stop her from following her heart.

As much as I dislike what Kō has been doing, the real problem is Futaba. She may not realise it now, but she's caused a lot of grief in a relatively short time. She decided to be Tōma's girlfriend for exactly the wrong reasons; she may have believed she was doing it for the best (she wanted to move on from Kō (as well she should; it's hardly healthy), but she should have wanted to be with Tōma), but she's really just given Tōma false hope; no wonder he's (more than) a little wary of Kō.

She's really playing them. However, she doesn't seem to realise this (though she does feel guilty about going off with Kō), so I can't hold it against her entirely.

Basically, all I ask is that Futaba moves on from Kō (who is not a nice guy, in any way, shape or form). I don't want her to end up with Tōma, either.

But alas, this is shoujo, where the love interests are far from loving, and the endings are preordained. Ah, well...
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Feb 7, 2015 2:57 AM

Jan 2013
The thief and the chase was bait out of place, dunno if it was done right.
May 6, 2015 8:03 AM

Jan 2014
Yoshioka is a baka; poor Touma :(
Nov 29, 2015 5:04 AM

Aug 2013
I will be really pissed off if Yoshioka will end with Touma. I hate this guy.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 30, 2015 8:26 PM

Jan 2015
Oh c'mon he gave the hero ticked to Touma????
Jul 8, 2016 11:07 PM

Feb 2013
I don't really know where this is going.
Mar 19, 2022 4:16 AM

Apr 2020
I love seeing all the reactions of people in this mangas chapter forum.
For all the kikuchi haters, what would you have done if you were in his place?
FakeSpicyAppleMar 19, 2022 4:32 AM
water
Jun 26, 2022 8:35 AM
Jul 2019
FakeSpicyApple said:
I love seeing all the reactions of people in this mangas chapter forum.
For all the kikuchi haters, what would you have done if you were in his place?

I've reread it recently and come to dislike him, he manipulated Futaba, pressured her into a relationship and took advantage of her vulnerability. He promised her time then rushed her after he saw Kou making a move in the classroom and in the crowd bc he was afraid of losing. In his position I would've noticed that she isn't interested in me, liked someone else, wouldn't have taken advantage and move on instead. It hurts obviously but that would've been the right thing. I'm sick on 2nd MLs always meddling and thinking they're the better option when they can't even accept their faults or see smth wrong with their actions.

Well that's just my thoughts.
Dec 30, 2022 10:12 AM

Apr 2020
how ironic how when she wanted to be with kou, she was upset over him only being with narumi because of sympathy but now shes with touma only to get over her feelings of kou and not to hurt him. Like what kou said in the chapter, what futaba and touma is only now based off of the strap
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.