Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 3, 2009 7:49 AM

Sep 2009
llamaben said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
llamaben said:
Not too bad, but not as good as the other 2 bleach movies... This one got a little boring at times.

No offence but how can u deduce that with the first movie still existing and is noted to be one of the worst....
The first is my favourite bleach movie... Mainly because it actually had its own story and characters. The second movie and this one are quite similar, with the main difference being the second one didn't bore me at stages.

In saying that, it was still better then the majority of anime movies based on series, especially all the naruto ones.

gomen didnt mean to bash like that....2nd movie has similarities with this..amnesia check, yeah and nothing clicks now...

u r rite bleach movies are amazing...naruto movies oh well...lets keep that amongst humour amongsty ourselves
Oct 3, 2009 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
I liked it, wa pretty good, although at times it reminded me too much of the second movie, but still realy cool.

It was a bit annoying though when they were going on about how rukia transfered her powers to ichigo, they made it seem like he didint get his own. (like when he looked for her with rengi. Also what the happend at the end? everbody stayed frozen into statues?

BUT STILL IT WAS SICK!
Believe in me that believes in you.
Oct 3, 2009 8:21 AM
Apr 2009
Wow this was by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR the best bleach movie out of the three [Or more?]. I can't see how you guys think the others were better. The previous ones were badly animated, and not half as interesting. [Although I have to rewatch, since I dont really know how the others went anymore, just didnt leave an impact]

Some of the scenes here were beautifully done, and emotional near the end. Kon in the ice crying was nicely done to. I loved everyone calling out there bankais at the end to. Great movie.

Maybe its cause ive seen so much quality movies that I thought the other ones were garbage lol \: I thought this was one was the best by far.

9/10
Oct 3, 2009 8:23 AM

Dec 2007
well, im not a huge fan of bleach so i really just watched this because i wanted some fight scenes to relax to. And the fight-scene factor was no let down.
Oct 3, 2009 8:34 AM

Mar 2009
it was not bad. Not as good as Diamond Dust Rebellion though.

Zaraki's resurrection was epic! and lol @ Kon, They totally forgot about him.
Oct 3, 2009 10:35 AM

Oct 2008
Damn, I was hoping to see Ichigo in hollow form owning the captains.
Overall, it was okay. ~7-8/10 from me

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Oct 3, 2009 11:31 AM

May 2009
@ Ranlos
I was hoping for the same thing..

@ Traveller
Zaraki's ressurection was indeed epic.

and haha Kon.
I feel bad for him. xD

The movie was great so good parts, some bad parts.
7/10 for me.
Oct 3, 2009 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
subsout:D
loved the movie.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Oct 3, 2009 11:52 AM

Aug 2007
Nice movie. As for me, I wasn't bored. I even watched it twice - raw and with subs.

It's been ages since I've last watched Bleach (movie 2 was the last time) and I think the animations and the style was quite different from what I'm used to, but it was cool and I liked that.
"Fade to Black: Call out your name" <- yeah, that fits, right Ichigo? So many "RUKIA!"s from him. xD

snakea said:
It was a bit annoying though when they were going on about how rukia transfered her powers to ichigo, they made it seem like he didint get his own.

So true. It's right that she did give him her powers at the beginning, but he gained his own and that was compleatly left out.
Also, when Renji asked Ichigo why he wants to rescue Rukia so bad he answered, because she changed his life and gave him shinigami powers. It sounded to me, as if he's just doing it to pay her back, but that's wrong, he was doing it, because she's a precious nakama.
Oct 3, 2009 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty good movie. Nothing to write home about. The fights were pretty good, better than the in-show ones - especially the one fight between Ichigo and Renji in Buyakuya's courtyard. Loved the jump in animation quality.

But overall, the story didn't really blow me away, and the new siblings weren't interesting. 7/10
Oct 3, 2009 12:37 PM

Jan 2009
Random much, very Bleach-like with the shallow plot and the good fight scenes, the animation was fluent as the rest of the movies. Also very good voice acting from Hiroshi Kamiya (I'm pretty sure its the guy with the long scythe and short black hair), good to see that he can do much better than just a simple Nozomu or just a random Araragi, although I would like to see him voicing better characters than just these ones, I can't really remember the name of the girl that voices the female sibling, its fucking killing me, I've heard her lots of times before.

Anyway 7/10, doesn't deserve more since this was just more than the same typical bleach crap.

RANDOM: "TENZA ZANGETSU" scene from Ichigo was fucking sexy and very gar.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 3, 2009 1:48 PM
Sep 2007
Mikiyo said:
I can't really remember the name of the girl that voices the female sibling, its fucking killing me, I've heard her lots of times before.
Aya Hirano.

Gave it 8/10; was Bleach, was fun, and I didn't fall asleep like I usually do with most of movies that I watch.

Though, I must say those sibling were somehow annoying.
Oct 3, 2009 2:00 PM

Jan 2009
Asteriks said:

Aya Hirano.
LAWL How did I miss that?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 3, 2009 3:40 PM
Dec 2007
Didn't like the animation style changes, detail seemed to be lacking in many areas and faces just didn't look right. Whether this was deliberately ment to look that way I don't know.
Action scenes were good but the general plot seemed disjointed and to be honest pointless, had to much in common with the second movie I think. Even basically copying the end scene but of course with different enemies and reasons. Unfortunately It just felt like nothing was added or revealed that bore any relevance to the series, unlike the second movie which at least gave insight into Hitsugaya's past. Instead they simply showed memories of things we had already seen and introduced and removed 2 completely pointless members of Rukia's past.

Better than the first, worst than the second, Sealed Sword Frenzy still clinches it IMO (Renji with a shotgun lol) though technically an OVA.

Urahara going "all out" lasted all of half a second which pissed me off to no amount as well but at least good use of Kon throughout gave the movie a light comedy feel. After credit scene was classic Kon :)

Overall, I want to give it 7/10 but really think it only deserves 6 :S
Oct 3, 2009 4:52 PM

Aug 2007
Compared to the other movies, especially the Mary Sue one, this movie rocked. The plot was good, there wasn't any cheap fanservice (coughobligatoryMatsumotocough), and the fight scenes were beyond awesome. Kenpachi and Yachiru crazy laugh, scenes with Byakuya and Hisana (personal favorite pairing of mine...), URAHARA period. Pretty freaking great, imo.

Got me all pumped for the manga. But then I remembered that it still sucks. How I miss the days when Bleach was this exciting.
olivesandwaxOct 4, 2009 3:01 PM
Oct 3, 2009 6:07 PM

May 2008
I think I may have liked Diamond Dust Rebellion a tad better, but this movie was amazing. Kenpachi's crazy action in this movie was epic win.

Psycho!Possessed Rukia (Dark Rukia) actually really scared me. She was a real beast. I loved how it kept showing flash backs about Hisana and Byakuya. I've come to actually not hate Byakuya anymore, and I find him more interesting if anything because he isn't a douche like he used to be. I like the sort of brotherly sisterly connect they somewhat had in this movie.

And with Bleach movies, I'm seeing somewhat of a pattern to the plots of each one. Each movie ALWAYS has to do with someone's memories..Memories of Nobody was about a girl who didn't know who she was and had all her memories gone (or had none to begin with, can't remember. Been awhile), Diamond Dust Rebellion was about someone from Hitsugaya's past, so he had to remember who they were and what they were to him, and now this one was about people forgetting Rukia and Ichigo, and Mayuri forgetting multiple things as well. Memories Memories Memories make the world go round in Bleach.

The only thing I guess I didn't like was Homura. She was one of those whiny female characters voiced by...ugh..Hirano Aya. Why she even had to be involved with ANY Bleach project is beyond me. So, sorry to any Hirano Aya fans, but I just don't like her and find her voice quite annoying. Haruhi will definitely do that to you after time.

I give the movie a 9/10. A movie worthy of watching by any Bleach fan.

Oct 3, 2009 6:35 PM
Sep 2007
It was aright. Memory's of nobody is still my favorite. I think the best part was watching Urahara fight I just wish it had been longer and of course all the other fights were cool as usual. But the story just never got me excited.
7/10
Oct 3, 2009 7:27 PM

Jun 2007
This movie has everything I always loved about BLEACH. It was amazing since the beginning, a lot of action, fights, Byakuya, Urahara (btw why was he wearing the captain's uniform?), RukxIchi... now that is my Bleach <3

What does bother me are all the similarities with the other movies but, I can say that this one would be considered the best one if it had been made first. Come on Diamond Dust Rebellion was just to please Hitsugaya fans.

<3

BTW!!! Totally loved the transition at the end with the ED song. Except for the naruto-like song, background music was awesome just like the old times :)
Oh yeah 10/10 :3
Oct 3, 2009 7:32 PM

May 2007
Wow...this movie was pretty bad from start to finish. Some exciting battles, but nothing consistent. Seriously, I mean, why was Ichigo able to remember Rukia? He went to sleep and when he got the visions, he remembered, but when other people got the visions, they didn't remember. That was totally inconsistent.

Kon was such an annoying character throughout the entire movie. He just seemed out of place with the entire seriousness of the plot, with his pathetically forced comedy scenes.

Also, I found the the girl (Homura, as her named was revealed) to be quite annoying and the writers could have done a better job with her backstory. But that's not to big a deal I suppose. Well, at least we didn't have an excessively emo Toushirou throughout the entire movie. And lol @ Matsumoto having like two lines in the movies. That's what you get for trying to force every character onto screen. At least they wisely left out Inoue, Chad and Ishida.

And I love how this movie totally disregarded the relationship between Urahara and the Shinigami. He was a traitor. His crimes were pretty offensive to them. I highly doubt they would have taken him for truth as much as they showed. But this was a fan-service movie, so that could be forgiven.

Lastly, THIS movie should have been named "Memories of Nobody" instead of "Fade to Black." It fits perfectly. :/

Anyway, final 5/10, and that's being nice. I don't know, maybe its because I stopped watching the Bleach anime a long time ago that I was expecting more of this movie. *Shrugs*

death1001 said:
It was aright. Memory's of nobody is still my favorite. I think the best part was watching Urahara fight I just wish it had been longer and of course all the other fights were cool as usual. But the story just never got me excited.
7/10

^ This.
Oct 3, 2009 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
it was a good movie and i'll give it higher rating than first 2 movies for both animation and action (memories of nobody will be still meh fav :P )

ichigo fights were more more on shinigami appearance rather than vizard, which was gr8 cause i was annoyed by watching him using this power on last 2 movies to defeat the villains.

(?) kenpachi's appearance looked somehow useless (i wanted to see ikkaku's bankai again)
at the end, kon's crying for ichigo to save him made me laugh hard xD

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Oct 3, 2009 10:10 PM

Sep 2007
The movie was ok but the villain was pretty damn stupid. Just another bratty kid.
Oct 3, 2009 10:22 PM
Sep 2007
vindemon64 said:
Seriously, I mean, why was Ichigo able to remember Rukia? He went to sleep and when he got the visions, he remembered, but when other people got the visions, they didn't remember. That was totally inconsistent.

^ This.

I wish they would have even tried to explain this but what ever. I'll pretend it had something to do with her transferring her powers to him in the beginning and that since he was in the real world he was less affected.
Oct 3, 2009 10:35 PM

May 2008
The movie was good, they could have put more fighting scenes with Rukia and Ichigo XDD, but seeing that hug >O<, its what Ichiruki fans have been waiting for!<33 It was also kinda sad when Kon was crying, but suddenly I started cracking up, XDDD. Also seeing Ichigo depressed was the best, he must really love Rukia~

10/10 XDD
Oct 4, 2009 12:29 AM

May 2008
This was definitely a good watch on a fine Saturday night. The movie was great, 9/10 and I used AnimeShout for the subs. I think they did a good job, set aside grammar errors and the huge ANIMESHOUT.COM at the top of the screen that lasted the entire movie. :-(

The film had great fights, sweet villains, what I want in a movie. I wish I could get ahold of AnimeShout to tell them to remove or dim their logo in the actual movie and to get a QC'er, or a better one if they did have one. There were a lot of mistakes I found that bothered me that were let by. But the quality was pretty good though. Not 720p, but definitely better than what Dattebayo would release. I'm not sure if you'd want the AnimeShout version for archive though. Definitely wait for Dattebayo, hopefully they'll release an HD version like they do sometimes. But for now, if you want to see the movie, I would recommend AnimeShout.
Oct 4, 2009 12:48 AM

Sep 2009
THe DB subs are out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 4, 2009 1:19 AM

Oct 2007
Good movie and everyone had a part.
Oct 4, 2009 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
Was ok. I miss Karakura Town arc
Oct 4, 2009 2:37 AM

Apr 2009
the movie was good at the beginning, but then it sucked balls >_<

the dialogs sucked, dont you remember rukia ? i'm kurosaki ichigo blabla, in all the movie -_-

the ending was boring, where everybody started to attack those tentacles -_-
nothing new
Oct 4, 2009 3:19 AM

Sep 2009
The movie idea is b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t . It gets 10 from me .
Oct 4, 2009 3:36 AM

Feb 2009
Damn that Zaraki Kenpachi he came out of nowhere and started to attack the tentacles :)
also where was Yachiru all the show she just suddenly appeared and off course suddenly disappeared :)
Oct 4, 2009 4:07 AM

Sep 2009
Definitely my favorite out of the Bleach movies. I was just disappointed that there wasn't a little more of Kenpachi and that he got himself frozen in that substance, but when he broke free, Awesome moment. I also want to know where the hell Yachiru came from, it didn't look like she was frozen with him.

I'm also glad Urahara was in on the action, he's one of my favorites but he hasn't done much fighting which sucks, so I'm glad he was in on the fun and he even dressed into his old outfit.
Oct 4, 2009 4:28 AM

May 2009
Why does there always have to be tentacles? There's nothing that's more boring. And Kon was annoying as usual.

Other than that, it was a pretty good movie.

So moe~
Oct 4, 2009 5:59 AM

Feb 2009
Still wonder if Soi Fon likes Urahara
Oct 4, 2009 6:12 AM

Jul 2007
Deff works out to be my favoirte out of all the three Bleach movies so far, and gosh so worth the wait for subs. Loved the end fight scenes & the quality was just amazing, I don't even remember it being that good (but then I haven't watched the series in over a year so this was a nice treat for me).

Movie gets a 9 out of 10, loved it and so glad we got a heck of a lot of Kon-ness <33 Reminds me of when Bleach started off & the Soul Society arc :3

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Oct 4, 2009 7:36 AM

Sep 2009
this movie was awesome , i loved how kenpachi comes back and starts owning
i wish i could have seen a Ikkaku bankai scene like the epic scene in diamond dust rebellion
i really thought he was going to use his bankai and say don't tell anyone xD
not enough hollow ichigo
awesome scenes with everyone bringing out their shikai :D
and Mayuri amazes me
he is so smart xD
making backups of his memory and all
loved how Urahara and Kon were in the movie for a fair amount
and when Urahara said he was getting serious i thought he'd show us a bankai but he didn't oh well xD
when Kon started crying and said save nee- san i couldn't hold the tears anymore
and cried :'(
awesome movie
don't know if i like it more than diamond dust rebellion
will have to watch diamond dust again :)

9/10 for me :)

Oct 4, 2009 9:25 AM

Aug 2008
great bleach movie....lots of action throughout the movie.
Oct 4, 2009 10:07 AM

Jun 2008
Orikasa Fumiko is good at screaming

Seeing Rukia cry was sad ;_;

But the way it suddenly started raining like that was really lame.

I love the soundtrack <3

7/10
Oct 4, 2009 11:22 AM

Sep 2008
Kon was amusing in this. All of the flashbacks were from the first two arcs, when they called Ichigo's first coming to power form his 'hollow' form kinda made me twitch, especially since it was drastically clear it wasn't.

Urahara, Youroichi and Ichigo were the only non-soul society shown (except for flashbacks).

Kenpachi and Yachiro at the end just made me laugh.

Wasabi said:
The movie was ok but the villain was pretty damn stupid. Just another bratty kid.

Actually, the villain was that hollow with the scythe-tail. It just happened to inhabit him and his sister. Even more so, the girl was closer to the opponent, he just kinda sat back and did what she told him.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Oct 4, 2009 12:17 PM

Jun 2007
This is my favorite of the three movies. I loved it. Can't wait for it to be released in the US next year.

Oct 4, 2009 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
Not bad.
Then again, it centered around Rukia so I wouldn't care either way.
Oct 4, 2009 12:57 PM

Nov 2007
I felt like that was a mix of the other movies.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 4, 2009 1:03 PM

Jan 2008
kaminakun said:
nothing beats the Kon crying scene, that was epic gold

True, he was doing it for 90 minutes long, so we could enjoy every minute of this movie full of fresh ideas (unless you can easily remember about saving someone the whole arc and about memories in some other movie).

It's a good movie to watch one time. 6 from me.
GDL-URAHARADec 3, 2009 2:20 PM
Oct 4, 2009 5:09 PM

Dec 2007
The movie was pretty good, only con I have for it was not enough of Ichigo's hollow mask! He didn't even use it in the last fight :(
Oct 4, 2009 6:18 PM
Aug 2008
This was so poor... Plot was horrible and it seemed really meh/half hearted.
Oct 4, 2009 6:27 PM

Jan 2008
i liked it enough x3

7/10 for me
Oct 4, 2009 7:45 PM

Apr 2007
Well, the movie was nice and enjoyable enough, but I don't know... as others mentioned, it reminded me the second movie, just a different, less convenient, set up and story.

So yeah, I liked the 2 other movies more than that one, but this one is fine too X:
AoiuOct 4, 2009 7:51 PM
Oct 5, 2009 12:23 AM

Jan 2009
The best movie out of the 3, even plotwise. Made me forget how crappy is the manga lately.
Dragon Ball movies taught me to not expect much from movie plots and to avoid movie/manga comparisons so I can only concentrate on the fanservice and the action.
And boy this one had plenty of boths, even the last part was eyecandy for someone who hasn't seen the first manga chapters like me.

So yeah, Memories of the Nobody was a decent start, DiamondDust Rebellion was pretty crappy with the forced Ichigo/Toushiro combo and being centered in a popular-but-unimportant character. This one manages to combine decent plot with action and fanservice for Soul Society arc lovers. 8/10
Oct 5, 2009 1:38 AM
Mar 2008
I'm sorry, but I really don't see how anyone could have thought this was decent? this was 5/10 at best, and i love bleach.

1. Art. The eyes and the faces at times were really un-bleach like, they were ugly, distracting, and didn't fit. The animation was great at times, and bad at others, and it felt like i was watching the same animations over and over again for the snake battles.

2. Movie characters. Seriously, these are the lamest, dumbest, neediest, retarded child minded villains ever. Completely unlikeable, not in the way that you hate a villain, but in the way you hate bad characters that shouldn't have existed. I was always expecting a real villain to turn up... that would have at least been mildly interesting.

3. Plot.... whooo boy. First of amnesia, it's the writers fallback for when you are out of ideas. From the beginning it was fail. A hour of IT'S ME ICHIGO! DON'T YOU REMEMBER! DID YOU FORGET RUKIA? HOW ABOUT ME iCHIGO! WHAT ABOUT RUKIA! HEY WAIT I'M STILL ICHIGO!

Then we get to see soul societies whole "let's hack up whatever comes into sight instead of actually trying to solve any crimes or do anything productive" It's obvious that Ichigo never meant any harm to anyone.

The villains were totally unlikeable... then come the plotholes!!!

A. How did the kids know about the device, or what it was going to do? They basically fled to hueco mundo, then stayed there for 100 years and came back for rukia. Was it Aizen's crazy plan? If so they could of at least hinted at something

B. They clearly dominated over the hollows mind, why do they hate shinigami's? Sure they were attacked by one, but after 100 years they should have realized that he was possessed, even rukia said "your not a shinigami your a monster!" in a scream during the fight. It could be part of bleaches brilliant talking system where you can yell at the top of your lungs and not be heard, but people 100 feet apart floating in air can have a pleasant chat in a normal talking voice.

C. If they forgot everything about rukia, and Ichigo, then they would have to have forgotten about aizen's betrayal. Shouldn't they have been more concerned that there was 3 captains that didn't exist? And how many memories would have to be erased for aizen/other 2 to nto exist, and then so on and so on. Eventually there would have been no memories at all

D. Why didn't they just come back to Rukia and greet her, why did they destroy soul society, they could have just as easily teleported to rukia, grabbed her reaped her memory, and left. They constantly were causing a havoc(for movie fanservice?) just for the sake of it, even though there was no plot reason as to why they did it.

E. Why did the kids have the power to teleport? Did i get that right? Why did 2 random kids be able to do something nobody else can do. No shinigami have powers like that, maybe hollows. But shinigami can only use kidou and their swords powers. Not a single one has a special ability exclusive to them outside of sword/kidou. If it was the hollow that could teleport, why did it teleport into the kids, "it was a mistake!" how convenient if thats the case...

4. Music it had it's ups and downs, but mostly downs, at one point they played a song that sounded like it came straight out of naruto. Was totally not like bleach
Oct 5, 2009 2:07 AM

Mar 2009
The ending was so typical and boring they also did not sum up everything in the end. Plot holes everywhere which makes me wonder why I even gave this movie a 7.
Oct 5, 2009 2:21 AM

Apr 2009
yeah the movie was kinda low -_-

and that emo guy ? d'uh -_-
Bladin said:
A hour of IT'S ME ICHIGO! DON'T YOU REMEMBER! DID YOU FORGET RUKIA? HOW ABOUT ME iCHIGO! WHAT ABOUT RUKIA! HEY WAIT I'M STILL ICHIGO!

this
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Are you guys going to re-watch this movie and cheerish ichiruki moment?

R_TF - Aug 24, 2016

2 by connier10011 »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:07 AM

» Please Delete This

KidRyan - Oct 3, 2009

8 by lixiuyue »»
Feb 8, 2023 1:05 PM

» Bleach Movie 3 ( 1 2 )

night-hawk01 - Jul 3, 2008

99 by Kyomu9 »»
May 14, 2011 5:10 AM

» That was one giant cumshot

llxwarbirdxll - Oct 4, 2009

8 by Becloud »»
Sep 20, 2010 10:41 AM

» Bleach Fade to Black...... Seriously??? (waiting for subs)

cleofriskey - Sep 26, 2009

30 by LumenAurion »»
Oct 6, 2009 11:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.