Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Apr 29, 2021 10:26 AM
Feb 2021
This is by far my favorite episode on this series. Such a beautiful episode. Senjou 💕
May 28, 2021 2:47 AM

Mar 2021
Just the episode I wanted!
Loved it!!!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2021 6:22 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, that was a great episode. Hitagi after all these Hitagi-less episodes.

The conversations in the car were hilarious, and the moment with Hitagi's dad was pretty sweet.

But the highlight is definitely the final scene. Such a sweet and romantic scene. That was just beautiful. Loved Hitagi and Koyomi as a couple so much, especially Hitagi's way of talking.
Jul 29, 2021 10:03 AM
Mar 2021
Aww that was wholesome af. This really makes up for the lack of Hitagi in the past couple episodes. And that Ed drop was PERFECT.
I now know that she was talking about constellations in the first couple lines of the ed.
Best ep so far<3
FacktackAug 1, 2021 10:36 AM
Aug 16, 2021 7:35 AM

Jul 2019
The next movie they make needs to be Senjougahara and Araragi spending the entire day together.

6/5
Aug 17, 2021 10:57 PM

Aug 2020
This was one of the episodes which really touched my heart. It was really good and made me smile like an idiot through and through.

I'll certainly never forget this episode in my life.

6/5 for the episode.
Aug 21, 2021 5:48 PM
May 2020
this has to be the best episode by far. the little interactions made with hitagi and araragi marinated b their confirmation of love with each other all the while being deprived of any supernatural element just force a catalyst of normality in this quite bizarre landscape. man this was sooooooo good
Aug 28, 2021 10:03 PM

Jun 2020
That was an unusual Senjougahara with her hair tied up is a first to me and she's insisting on a date is new to me like I didn't know that she'll take the initiative

That made the atmosphere a bit awkward as Hitagi teases Araragi into thinking that he's talking to her father this girl I swear she's just that smart as annoying Araragi, I really don't like that awkward state when Araragi was left behind but Senjougahara's father was nice and they had a heartwarming chat which was delightful

Senjougahara is showing some emotions that were not seen before but I'm glad I get to see a bit of her side this time.
Jan 7, 2022 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
Absolutely the best episode of the whole series. Aside from Episodes 2 and 3. Very heartwarming, but also funny. This is the classic Bakemonogatari charm that I was starting to question if it would return these past few episodes.

I see a lot of people agree as this forum has the most comments on it. And to think, not much promiscuous really happened. Nothing too out-of-left-field. Was a very grounded, conversational episode.

11/10 episode. Probably one of the best episodes of an anime series I've ever watched.
Jan 30, 2022 9:14 AM

May 2021
Bake episode 12 is a masterpiece
Apr 20, 2022 11:17 PM

Jan 2015
Ahh, here is the episode I think back on all these years since watching, remembering what makes me love the show, still as wonderful now as it was back then, the heart to heart between Araragi and Senjougahara- Hitagi, is such a beautiful thing to watch, teared up a lot, happy tears, of course.
Forgot about the painfully awkward but hilarious car ride scene though, hahahahaha.
Jun 23, 2022 10:20 PM
Oct 2020
This episode is absolutely everything. I think it summed up the way this series always draws me in. Starting with the somewhat vague and conversation between Araragi and Senjougahara. She speaks very coolly but the subject is quite emotional, leading him into the car ride with her father. Where again the conversation is quite mundane talking about schoolwork and studying, but sprinkled with little jabs. There is a building of tensions - both sexual and fear - as it's not clear what is going to happen at the end of this car ride. Then the conversation with the elder Senjougahara (first name/family name confusion is called to attention) that starts with humor and ends up in the very deep end of the pool, but bringing back the initial "Please look after my daughter". When Ms. Hitagi comes back and leads Koyomi out into the woods, there's so much tension it seems the screen is about to burst. And it does explode, into a million stars and the the promise of nothing and everything.

And this starry sky.
What I have is no more than this.

So I did the only thing I could at that moment. Let the tears flow and embrace the brilliance of this series. Which all along has been everything and nothing at times. And that is exactly what I love about it.

Aug 17, 2022 10:58 PM
Aug 2022
Senjougahara god
Sep 1, 2022 8:36 PM

May 2021
When she first suggested a date, the episode immediately became a 5/5 but I was a bit worried that they wouldn't place much importance. Boy, am I glad I was wrong. Not only was it an absolute fucking W, but it also had me all emotional and shit, y'know tissues and all. Their antics in the car scene had me worrying about what the hell was going on but did really fucking enjoy it with their usual shenanigans of roasts and retorts, which somehow never gets old for me. And then her father admitting his mistakes and sorta "entrusting" Hitagi to Rararagi, followed by her thanking her father. That brought one of Senougahara's arcs to a satisfying close. I am a bit sad we never saw them kiss but what we got is already flying high. One last thing, that night sky was really fucking good, it may be no COTN but still.

30/10, because fuck fractions.

Sep 10, 2022 11:41 AM

Apr 2022
Found this detail in regards to Hitagi's name and this episode
In katakana "hitagi" is written as ヒタギ, which looks like kanji 七夕 (Evening of the seventh) - Tanabata aka Star Festival, celebration of the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi (represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively). It's on July 7th, which is Senjougahara's birthday, and this is cited as a reason why she is interested in astronomy.
Sep 27, 2022 8:01 PM

Jun 2017
Honestly favorite episode of the series so far super cute
Weeb, gamer, cosplayer, and huge Kingdom Hearts fan
Sep 28, 2022 4:06 PM
Aug 2022
middddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Nov 1, 2022 7:32 PM

Jan 2021
I've yet to finish the rest of the show, but this is by far my favorite episode. Senjougahara for the win.

Nov 8, 2022 5:51 PM

May 2019
After so many episodes of them being a terrible couple, so yeah, our Ram-monogatari finally resembles a human, and also Araragi got a bit less dense.

Still overrated tho
Dec 19, 2022 10:23 AM
Dec 2021
pretty done and dusted amazingly well written

Dec 20, 2022 1:58 PM
Sep 2017
Episodes such as these make me remember my own past, and what I think I lack in my own life after all. Perhaps that's why I hate Romance so much. Unrealistic portrayals, but even if they are slightly realistic I would never know. I just wanted to think that way. It upsets me. It saddens me. I lose my appetite. I lose my will to do anything productive. I feel depressed.

But regarding the episode, I'm glad that they don't show them kiss. I feel that it would have taken away from the scene. The outro song made complete sense now ;(
Jan 5, 2023 3:35 AM
Mar 2022
This episode was wholesome for me, and the ending really perfect to end this episode
Jan 12, 2023 11:38 PM
Oct 2019
The car scene had me giggling LMAO ALSO WTF THE END IS SO CUTE??? AWWWWW!!
Jan 18, 2023 8:32 AM

Aug 2021
One of the best episodes of anime i have watched truly a masterpiece 5/5 
Jul 9, 2023 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
wow this was really good, I'm so happy to see them both have a wholesome actual date and actual couple relationship moments. Her dad, i hope will do being ok
Oct 3, 2023 4:23 AM
Sep 2023
This episode of Bakemonogatari just hits different, it is so heartfelt, emotional and made me feel happy.
Nov 14, 2023 3:43 AM

Aug 2023
Story: 5/10
Visual: 9/10
Detailed: 6/10
Characters: 8/10
Emotions: 8/10
Smoothness: 8/10
OP/ED: -/10
Audio: 9/10
Originals: 6/10
Intense: 5/10
Uniqueness: 8/10
Fun/Laughter: 9/10
NSFW: 2/10
Boring: 1/10

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Nov 27, 2023 7:10 PM

Apr 2021
Araragi did well! His dad is weird, but after a conversation he's actually cool, wait what happened to the car.

That starry sky is very beautiful, I wanted to be there.
They looked so beautiful lying down holding hands, I thought it was really cute.
Nov 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Nov 2023
Oh my, I really like this anime very nice
Dec 19, 2023 7:57 PM
Sep 2017
This episode affected me so much that I had to stop watching the show lol. I am coming back to write this after what feels like months since I last even watched anime actively. I want what they had here. It's so incredibly touching..
Jan 11, 9:41 PM
Apr 2021
One of the best episodes of all time.
Jan 14, 10:35 AM
Oct 2021
Episódio muito bom, mostrou um relacionamento em que a Hitagi realmente gosta do personagem principal, sinceramente, foi realmente o melhor episódio até o momento
Jan 31, 5:16 PM

Dec 2022
All I can say for this episode is "This is the episode of all time yuh" with the top tier araragi and gahara date. Her dad was surprisingly nice and understandable as well :D

Feb 13, 2:41 PM

Jul 2016
How on earth does this count as "Tsubasa Cat - Part 2"?

That aside, first 5/5 episode for me. Not a fan of Senjougahara but I kinda liked how they justified her being an awful partner.
Mar 1, 2:56 PM

Jul 2020
as a Senjougahara enthusiast this episode is absolute fucking heartfelt cinema, incredible episode
VaixenMar 28, 1:31 AM
NEW GOD

Mar 9, 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
This is disgusting.

I am usually not an active part of online communities today but this thing has infuriated me so much that I can't help but express my disgust here.

Contrary to the public opinion, this is the worst episode of Bakemonogatari, and it is way worse than the rest of the series.

1. This is filler.

I understand that it is important to Hitagi x Araragi's relationship, but it is still a filler. It is inserted in the most inconvenient place one could even place it. It simply breaks up Hanekawa's character arc. Why? Why, if SHAFT were creating an episode the absolute most reason behind which would be fanservice tease, you would make it an annoying filler instead of just a special? Why?..

2. The tension is just another romance bait, it has no satisfying release.

Not only they don't sleep with each other off-cam in the end, they are not even shown kissing! Come on, Shinbo, you could've shown them kissing because just a simple kiss without any scenes too explicit would not make it difficult to broadcast on the Japanese TV - and given how you have already convinced everyone to broadcast a show with a load of questionable content, a simple kiss would not harm anyone already - but you still decided to butcher it! What the hell? This is just an equivalent of giving your audience a slap, and it derogates the romance between Hitagi and Araragi down into generic romance bait - and considering how slow and steady their progress was in the series (there was no progress at all, it was all romance baits, but luckily it was easy to ignore because it is just fanservice and the show is not about romance), this episode has simply thrown everything they've made (and they haven't even made that much) out! Why?..

3. It makes demanding viewers question the IQ of the fandom.

Despite everything listed above, this absolute abomination of an episode is rated the highest in the entire Bakemonogatari season! What? How? First, we had three brilliant character arcs about girls settling with their insecurities through the prism of solving supernatural mysteries, then we had the snake girl's arc which was more like a borderline Higurashi-style hentai but it was still very enjoyable to watch, and then we have this... and it gets rated higher by the fans than the rest of the show! A fanservice pile of garbage is rated higher than actual drama! Are Monogatari fans really generally that smart? Do we guys value style or actual substance behind the style? I refuse to believe that the most of us values style over substance. Do not disappoint me another time, Monogatari fans.

Rant over, enjoy your based Hitagi spitting facts - the only good thing about this episode.

Mar 24, 3:30 PM

Mar 2023
ok, i was REALLY not liking senjougahara all that much, and found her to be quite annoying. but this episode definitely changed that completely, i thinks ^^
Apr 1, 8:39 PM
Jan 2024
Masterpiece of art.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

6 by ichinose06 »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.